Funky Monkey Wine Company @ The Pointe
9101 International Drive Suite 1208
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
Funky Monkey Wine Company @ The Pointe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.funkymonkeywine.com/
- Phone: 4074189463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: AJ Kraft Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Funky Monkey can accommodate groups from 4 - 4000 we are experts at planing amazing off site functions from full sit down gourmet affairs to elegant receptions, the Funky Monkey has an event team at your service, please contact our corporate office at 407-480-5650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Sales team will take care of all the details including menu design, tent rentals, china rentals, entertainment and all catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: The Funky Monkey Pointe Orlando has private seating areas for up to 50 and full restaurant is available for group buyouts from 100 up to 250 people reception style and 149 full sit down dinner. The restaurant offers a private beautiful outdoor patio area right on the fabulous International Drive in the magnificent Pointe Orlando directly across from the Orlando Convention Center. We are happy to assist you with all of the details including transportaion.
- Private Party Contact: FMI Restaurant Group Sales 4074805650
- Entertainment: The Funky Monkey offers weekly dinner shows, every Friday, featuring Las Vegas style shows and dancers. The Funky Monkey offers a variety of entertainment featuring DJ's and so much more please visit our wenbsite www.funkymonkeywine.com for updates on all of our fabulous entertainment
- Cross Street: I-Drive at Pointe Orlando
- Public Transit: Taxi and tour bus lane directly in front of the restaurant. I-Drive Trolley stop directly in front of restaurant along with Public Buses.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Pointe Orlando offers parking in a covered secure attached garage area. The complex also offers Valet Parking.
A word from Funky Monkey Wine Company @ The Pointe
The Funky Monkey Wine Company is a multi award winning restaurant and wine bar located in the fantastic Pointe Orlando complex on the world famous International Drive directly across form the Convention Center. The Funky Monkey provides over 100 wine's by the bottle, 40 wines by the glass, a full liquor bar, outdoor dining and a private room for up to 100 guests. This locally independently owned restaurant offers a "stylish yet unconventional appeal". The Funky Monkey offers diners an Eclectic, fusion style with Asian-American influenced menu offering delectable salads, unique appetizers, entrees ranging from steak to hand rolled Sushi. Weekly Friday Night Las Vegas Style Dinner Theater and nightly specials keep the Monkey exciting and new. Everything about this place is fun and pleasantly Funky Monkey. This is where the locals dine. Visit us online at www.funkymonkeywine.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Funky Monkey Wine Company @ The Pointe reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)notable wine list (9)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (5)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great experience!CorporateCEODined on 6/19/2013We had dinner at Funky Monkey and ther service was excellent. I have to give the food 4-stars instead of 5 because I didn't care for the bleu cheese fries or chicken skewers; HOWEVER the meal was outstanding. Highly recommend the swordfish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less food, more payJennyDined on 6/12/2013The food is good, but prices are highest compare with similar restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely NOT a wine barOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/11/2013Description says 100 wines by the bottle and 40 by the glass. The entire wine list has only 40 bottles and there are a total of 9 available by the glass. Those selections are one of each varietal and just cheap grocery store wines. Their "house" wine is Cupcake which sells for about $6 a bottle. When we defaulted to selecting a bottle, the first two selections were "out of stock". No flights, no tastings. If you were going for wine - don't. Other than that, this is essentially a sushi bar with a few traditional items such as crab cakes and risotto. Small plates were fairly good and well presented. Service was very slow even though the restaurant was not crowded - ice tea not brewed, capuccino machine broken.......
- Great find!VickiDDined on 6/6/2013WE had such a lovely dinner at the Funky Monkey Wine Company. Great atmosphere, wonderful service and some great innovative choices in food.... I loved the fact that they had small plates as well as full dinners. We had several appetizers, salads and entrees, and the four of us did not have one complaint about anything we tasted.Special Features:
- Great Sushi but service likeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2013Great Sushi but service like others have noted is not great. Having wine bar in it's name you would think they would have more than one brand of Pinot Grigio to offer. It's Orlando, wasn't expecting a great meal but overall not a bad place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but only OK.DinnermanDined on 5/27/2013very pricey for what you get . entrees very lackluster,Special Features:
- Great experienceMrMetDined on 5/26/2013We started off with mussels marinara and monkey balls, both were outstanding. Great food, all four of us give a thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun SpotUnluckydinnerDined on 5/24/2013Great place for girls nite out/bachelorette , plus has great foood and a good wine cellarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but lacking....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/22/2013We went early in the afternoon. There was a total of 4 people in the restaurant, this was including the 2 of us. So it was very quiet. The entrees we ordered were amazing, but the the hummus had to much garlic in it. The wine was good, a bit over priced, and our waiter was very friendly and attentive but lack knowledge on the wine selection. I would recommend this place but considering their name has "wine company" in it, do not expect superior wine knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/21/2013Very disappointing experience. Took almost 45 minutes to get three appetizers. Manager walked around like he was bored. Came by our table but barely looked at us until he saw our faces like we needed something. Then he acted put out because we inquired about our food that we had been waiting for. Never received a thank you or follow up until we were actually getting out of our seats to leave. The food was not really good and very overpriced. I would not recommend this place. I will try their downtown location...hopefully that will be a better experience.
- Orlando convention center visitTOL1VIPDined on 5/20/2013A notch above other restaurants. Able to hold a conversation. Excellent food, wine list, and service. I'll be back the next time I attend a convention in Orlando.Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2013First and last time I'll eat there. My party of 5 sat down at 7:15 and waited nearly 30 mins to get our appetizer and dinner order in. Appetizers were served around 8:30, yes 1 hour later. Around 9:15 our waiter informs us that the sushi chefs were backed up and suggested we order something else. Yes, after almost 2 hours it's suggested we order new entrees. The Manager explains the sushi chefs got backed up yet the restaurant was not even that busy. We requested our check and our server had the nerve to say they removed the entrees from the bill. How about that.....removed the entrees that were never served. No offer to buy us drinks, app's nothing...... Bottom line is dine at your own risk, this place is pathetic.
- Usually very goodFeedmeDined on 5/18/2013I've eaten here several times, both at pointe Orlando and also downtown. I'm Never unsatisfied with my food, however unfortunately this time things items were cooked differently. I love the stuffed avocado, which includes raw tuna, however this time the tuna was cooked. The service at both locations is usually great, however for some reason at the pointe Orlando location, whenever we go service falters want to eat your meal. That is, it takes forever for us to close out and pay our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2013I rarely enter such vehement negative review, but felt obliged to. Other than lively location and ambiance, this place has serious issues. Sushi rice completely wet and unmixed, clumpy, sloppy nigiri, poor presentation and poorly/improperly cut sashimi- clearly untrained chefs here. Very poor service, including handing out mismatched chopsticks, poor eye contact, no smiles, 50 min from time of order to food presentation - despite reminder twice and being told "coming out in two minutes" - needs much staff training One of the WORST sushi places I have ever encountered.
- Service was painfully slowOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2013Service was painfully slow and the restaurant was not busy. We were seated outside at our request and was able to enjoy the live music from the restaurant across the courtyard, The outdoor tables were an odd height to the chairs and uncomfortable. Only 2 selections on the dessert menu. Sushi was enjoyable, but not spectacular.
- Bread lessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2013Monkey Balls were good. Small plate items tasted okay but you got one thigh in the Thai chicken plate. Pasta entree was a small portion for a main pasta dish. The salad I ordered had two tiny pieces of avocado that took awhile to find. Asked for bread and was first told they didn't serve bread and then that bread was a separate charge. As incredulous as that was I ordered the bread because we were hungry. The bread basket had 4 yeast rolls that were lukewarm, stale and match for the ice cold butter. Wouldn't have minded paying the $3 for bread if they were hot or at the very least, fresh. What restaurant doesn't serve bread when you order salads and a pasta meal? I won't be going back to the Funky Monkey.Special Features:
- Food and Manager problemsDisappointedDined on 5/7/2013Chef overcooked steaks, then manager made it worse. 2 diners ordered same steak, 1 medium and the other medium rare. Both steaks arrived medium well. The steak ordered medium was returned to the kitchen by the waiter, then the manager brought the steak back to the table to question the diner how he wanted it prepared. The manager was condescending and claimed the steak was prepared medium and the diner really wanted it "medium rare." The confrontation simply ruined the evening. A 3rd steak was prepared and brought to the table rare - they never did get it right. A shame really because the flavors and seasoning were great, but a chef can't cook a $40 steak correctly accompanied by a condescending manager... no thank you. Won't be back. Ever.
- Salads are new to the menu.nooneVIPDined on 5/5/2013Salads are new to the menu. I thought I would try the "Funky Salad" - a $10.00 salad. Described having bacon, onion, avocado and blue cheese. Basically, lettuce with a couple of cut up cherry tomatoes, a 1/2" piece of bacon, no avocado, and minimal if any red onion. Beware - ask and be sure the mentioned ingredients are on hand.
- Nice place and good foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013Very nice place, I loved the small plates and of cource the wine. If You want a full menu, this is the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday Celebration EVer !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013I went to celebrate my bday had such an awesome time that I wrote to funky monkey on fb to thank them . Everything from begining to end was amazing . Definitely made my birthday celebration a memorable oneSpecial Features:
- Would not recommend this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2013Would not recommend this restaurant . Food and wine way over priced for the quality. Also they misrepresented the wine list by only making the most expensive wines available .
- Don't expect serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013The food was so-so, but the service was awful. 4 wait staff stood in the middle of the patio chatting while we waited for drinks. On of the guys scowled the whole night.
- I got everyone together forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013I got everyone together for my birthday, I had been the only one who haseaten here before. I am so please to tell you everyonr had a fantastic time, they all loved the food from apps to dinner along with bottles of wine. We were a party of 12, the servers ray and sorry don't remeber the othe name :-/ were attebtive but not over bearing, food was correct, and delious. I think everyonr will be back again. I will recommend the Funky Monkey at the pointe to evryone. Thank you for a great birthday Meliisa TothSpecial Features:
- Service was on the slow side SomeoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2013Service was on the slow side Someone in our party asked for something not to be in her food and it wasSpecial Features:
- Unique Dining ExperienceDocBVIPDined on 4/7/2013The Funky Monkey was a unique dining experience. The menu is eclectic, but accessible. We enjoyed the small plates and salads. The ambiance was great, and the service was friendly and professional (though a little slow... thus the four-star rating). The food was fresh, creative, and full of flavor. Great for any size appetite.Special Features:
- I had a wonderful time, itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013I had a wonderful time, it was a birthday celebration. The only negative was that the entertainer insisted that I take a celebration shot of tequila even after I told them I do not drink alcohol ever. All I kept thinking if I were a recovering alcoholic or had a medical condition that did not allow me to drink, this would have been a problem.Special Features:
- Our server was friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/4/2013Our server was friendly and very knowledgeable. However the food was slow coming out of the kitchen. Thank goodness we ordered a sushi roll as an app. A very friendly businessman was dining next to us alone and waited entirely too long to get his salmon. He did not order an appetizer either. The. Bartender brought him a salad to hold him over - compliments of the house and poured him two glasses of wine on top of the first one that he ordered compliments of the house. No one asked him if he wanted the salad or if he wanted more wine they just served it to him. The restaurant was not even 1/4 full so they weren't too busy. Would recommend the restaurant but would caution don't go hungry as you may be waiting for your food.
- Found this gem on GrouponOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Found this gem on Groupon and after looking at the menu decided to give it a try. The food was amazing, bar and wine list were great. We went on a Saturday night and it was rather slow so not sure if that's normal - for being in the Pointe, I highly doubt it. But it was nice and quiet and a perfect dinner experience for a first time.Special Features:
- Service was terrible and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Service was terrible and food is extremely over priced. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Great Food and Then Some..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013What a pleasant surprise!! I had been to the Funky Monkey once for lunch. Not very busy but the menu was interesting. I decided to return for a first date night. It was Friday night and we were informed that there would be a show later on in the evening. We stayed after dinner. The entertainment was outstanding!! Free show, great good, drinks. Tons of fun. Also great for Girls Night outSpecial Features:
- Did not have a table availableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2013Arrived with my family of 5 at our Open Table reserved time of 8:30 and was told it would be a 20 minute wait. I pushed back on the meaning of the word reservation. After a few minutes they took us outside to sit at 2 small round tables for 2 pushed together for the 5 of us. We said that this was an unacceptable alternative. After that we were seated in a closed area of the restaurant. From then on the service was good as was the food. Restaurant automatically adds 20% tip to parties of 5 or more. This seems fairly aggressive - particularly when it was pretty apparent my wife were not splitting the check with our 3 teenagers. Sadly first impressions and last impressions removed the good taste of the food and left a bad taste overall.
- Continue to be impressed byOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013Continue to be impressed by the great food, terrific entertainment and delightful staffSpecial Features:
- Great Service. Very knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Great Service. Very knowledgeable wait staff and very freindly. Also, good food.Special Features:
- This was a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2013This was a great experience for a girls night out. We only had appetizers & drinks however, everything was very tasty. Loved the show, & can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Sat at a table with view ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013Sat at a table with view of vacuum cleaner. Waiter was fantastic. Food selection limited but served very hot. Well prepared.Special Features:
- Had the salmon with sweetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2013Had the salmon with sweet potato mash, it was outstanding! My husband had the scallops which were just ok.Special Features:
- Great wine, food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Gorgeous place with indoor and outdoor dining. A large selection of wines, and the staff was very knowlegable. The food was excellent - a bit spendy for us (about $20-25 a plate), but with a Groupon it made it more 'average' for steaks, pork and chicken. Portions were perfect for us, but if you love the places that pile on the food, bring bread, serve salad with dinner, etc., than this might not be your place :) We loved it! Some of the most flavorful and well-cooked food we've had in a long time. Thank you!Special Features:
- Funky monkey first time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013I took my sister and five other ladies here for a bachelorette party. What a blast! I came for the drag show and because I new the food was upscale. Everything was fantastic from the service to the food to the show. Wonderful spot for a ladies night and men can even enjoy their self, also. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect first-time visit. Thank funky monkey staff!Special Features:
- I said yes to recomend becauseHarryeatsVIPDined on 2/21/2013I said yes to recomend because the food was OK. The service though was extremely slow. Our first time there was a drag show on a Friday night and our second time was Thursday night. I was going to order dessert but after waiting 15 minutes after our entree plates were cleared to see our server I really didn't feel in the mood anymore. Paid our bill with only a 15% tip and left. I won't return until I forget how slow our last meal was.
- Global Pet Show - Convention CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013The waiter was excellent, the food delicious, but we ordered sushi as appetizers and apparently one of the sushi chefs didn't show up and the entire restaurant wanted sushi. We ended up getting our dinners before our appetizers. It was no fault of the waiter and he brought out two beautiful salads, complimentary. Dinner came and the manager came over with the sushi appetizers and offered them on the house, for the delay. For everything that went wrong, management did everything right. Our entrees were excellent, 1 scallop dish; 1 salmon; 2 swordfish and 1 chicken. All of my guests mentioned that they would go to The Funky Monkey again....we were Chunky Monkey's after the meal. We left a good tip...Special Features: