Funky Monkey Wine Company @ The Pointe
9101 International Drive Suite 1208
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
Funky Monkey Wine Company @ The Pointe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.funkymonkeywine.com/
- Phone: 4074189463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: AJ Kraft Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Funky Monkey can accommodate groups from 4 - 4000 we are experts at planing amazing off site functions from full sit down gourmet affairs to elegant receptions, the Funky Monkey has an event team at your service, please contact our corporate office at 407-480-5650 or email email@example.com. Our Sales team will take care of all the details including menu design, tent rentals, china rentals, entertainment and all catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: The Funky Monkey Pointe Orlando has private seating areas for up to 50 and full restaurant is available for group buyouts from 100 up to 250 people reception style and 149 full sit down dinner. The restaurant offers a private beautiful outdoor patio area right on the fabulous International Drive in the magnificent Pointe Orlando directly across from the Orlando Convention Center. We are happy to assist you with all of the details including transportaion.
- Private Party Contact: FMI Restaurant Group Sales 4074805650
- Entertainment: The Funky Monkey offers weekly dinner shows, every Friday, featuring Las Vegas style shows and dancers. The Funky Monkey offers a variety of entertainment featuring DJ's and so much more please visit our wenbsite www.funkymonkeywine.com for updates on all of our fabulous entertainment
- Cross Street: I-Drive at Pointe Orlando
- Public Transit: Taxi and tour bus lane directly in front of the restaurant. I-Drive Trolley stop directly in front of restaurant along with Public Buses.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Pointe Orlando offers parking in a covered secure attached garage area. The complex also offers Valet Parking.
A word from Funky Monkey Wine Company @ The Pointe
The Funky Monkey Wine Company is a multi award winning restaurant and wine bar located in the fantastic Pointe Orlando complex on the world famous International Drive directly across form the Convention Center. The Funky Monkey provides over 100 wine's by the bottle, 40 wines by the glass, a full liquor bar, outdoor dining and a private room for up to 100 guests. This locally independently owned restaurant offers a "stylish yet unconventional appeal". The Funky Monkey offers diners an Eclectic, fusion style with Asian-American influenced menu offering delectable salads, unique appetizers, entrees ranging from steak to hand rolled Sushi. Weekly Friday Night Las Vegas Style Dinner Theater and nightly specials keep the Monkey exciting and new. Everything about this place is fun and pleasantly Funky Monkey. This is where the locals dine. Visit us online at www.funkymonkeywine.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Funky Monkey Wine Company @ The Pointe reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)notable wine list (9)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (5)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DisappointingPhilipDined on 1/16/2014The wait staff was knowledgeable, courteous, and friendly. The delay for food on an uncrowded night was disappointing to unacceptable. The sushi rice was dry, they could not even offer ice tea to one of our group and did not offer to make any. The first wine requested from the menu of this wine bar was unavailable. In short, disappointing.
- Went on a Saturday night atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2014Went on a Saturday night at 6. We were the some of the only people in the restaurant and the staff was setting up for a big party. Many of the menu items seemed way overpriced, so we ordered the sushi special for two, which was awesome! A tremendous marriage of flavors and spices. It was fantastic. The restaurant just didn't have a good atmosphere because it was so empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so you knowFoodieloverDined on 12/31/2013We went here New Years Eve. Open Table did not know there was a set fee of $50 for a station buffet - no regular menu. That being said it was a great array of different food. We also looked at the menu and we would go back there for a regular meal. The service was great when we first got there but as the night went on it degraded to poor. There was a very high energy DJ before the show. The floor show was female impersonators and it was really fun. We stayed for two of the three shows and it was one of the most upbeat New Year's Eves we have had in years. I would highly recommend this spot. Some people were offended by the show , just so you know.Special Features:
- Menu is varied from SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2013Menu is varied from Sushi to steaks and seafood. Excellent food prep and presentation, friendly service & staff good parking available Good wine list A favoeiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funky monkey pointeCreoVIPDined on 12/14/2013Food was good but. Menu changes often therefore no specials Long time between ordering and food. Would have been nce to have a piece of deb while waitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/10/2013Our evening started fine - nice seats outside and service was pleasant and fairly quick for drinks. They were out of multiple items on the menu because of a big party, which was disappointing. We ordered our food (including some small plates), and then it was like they forgot about us completely! We sat there for at least 20 minutes with no one coming to say the status of the food etc. I am pretty patient but one of my friends had enough so we left some money for our drinks and left. Lots of other restaurants in the area - don't waste your time on this one.
- Good but not great. Did notanonymousDined on 12/10/2013Good but not great. Did not meet my expectations. Better sushi elsewhere and the wine selection (for a restaurant with wine bar in their title) was poor.Special Features:
- Food was Sent back multipleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/9/2013Food was Sent back multiple times and service was super slow. We were the first table sat for the night and were still there almost 3 hours due to good and service.
- Sushi was ExcellentbridgeDined on 12/7/2013My main dish was not good at all...Seafood Pasta Diablo. The menu listed tomato broth, but it was paste! The linguini was over powered by the tomato paste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, drinks, & funDesiDined on 11/29/2013I visited Funky Monkey on a recent vacation. The food was exceptional, service A+, and bar selection suburb. What made this spot memorable was the entertainment. If you visit later in the evening, on Friday nights at 9:30 there is a drag show. Funny, outstanding talent. Made for a great night out. I would recommend a dinner reservation at 8pm, so you are finished eating before the show, which was 1 hour in length. That way, you can enjoy another cocktail while being entertained. Absolutely fantastic! On the Friday night I was there, they did have a DJ playing house music, so it was louder than a normal joint. However, I had no problem conversing with my party or waiter. I did have fun dancing in my seat. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Fantastic!JohnFDined on 11/29/2013Went for a quick bit before a movie, and was so glad we did! The cozy feel, the attentive service, not to mention some great food, we will definitely be backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedGr8FoodVIPDined on 11/17/2013Enjoyed the food presented by the Funky Monkey during a Disney charity event a couple of years ago. First time going to this location. Some of the food was burnt, other parts undercooked. By the time one member of our group got his entree redone, the rest of us had finished our meal. All of the food was bland and way under-seasoned. Also, one of our appetizers (lettuce wraps) was really small, which was accentuated by the large platter upon which it was served. All of the dishes we ordered (appetizers and entrees) were overpriced (even considering the higher overhead location / tourist area).
- Quiet night, great foodsmprlwDined on 11/7/2013My fiancé and I dined here on a Thursday night. At 8pm the restaurant was fairly quiet, and we were able to get a table on the patio somewhat to ourselves. I was concerned that the Funkey Monkey would be more of a raucous bar scene - which is do enjoy at times, but this night is was perfect for what we wanted - more subdued. The food was spectacular - the fried goat cheese, stuffed avocado, and Scottish salmon were all three so delicious I'm inclined to return for more of the same. Finally, the service was also excellent. Our waiter was attentive, but unobstrusive. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, fresh, healthy foodTroetseDined on 10/25/2013We went there with a group of 6 last weekend. I had no idea what to expect. We all had different plates but they were all very good. The tuna tartare and thr stuffed avocado were both delicious, also the suhi looked very good. Reasonable prices both for the food and the wine. Something to try out when you are in the area. Also our waiter did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and proudCassidiaDined on 10/11/2013Took my coworkers out to dinner and it was a very entertaining night! We didn't know it but it was drag night with full on preformances and "ladies" dressed up to the nines. Food and drinks were superb. I think the show only scared a few colleagues! Maybe they should advise people of that when booking a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived at 6 when the restaurantTravelgirl1Dined on 10/9/2013We arrived at 6 when the restaurant was not full and it took forever for the food to come out. It was not that great. We ordered sushi for the 4 people that were dining.Special Features:
- Great PlaceCrazyBrit7Dined on 10/6/2013Very impressed with location, quality of the food and the friendly, efficient service. Somewhat disappointed at the low number of fellow customers, we were 2 of only 8 people dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly EnjoyableDave66Dined on 9/28/2013Ordered off of the Magical dining menu. Had the Crab Cakes which were chock full of crab, and excellent. Main course was the Salmon which again was excellent. My guest also had the Crab Cakes and the NY Strip Steak which she stated was perfectly cooked, tender and delicious. She raved about the Meringue Key Lime Pie. The Chocolate Cake was good but unspectacular. Service was excellent. I didn't recognize any of the Chardonnays . Told my waiter that we didn't like fruity wines and wanted a dry Chardonnay. His recommendation was very nice. It started to get crowded about twenty minutes into dinner, but was able to have a normal conversation without needing to shout. Only complaint, bread isn't served, it can be ordered for a price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Appetizers only andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2013We had Appetizers only and wine. The wine selection was smaller than advertised. The show was great and the crowd in the restaurant were having a good time. Alot of groups go there for special occasions.. Our waiter was very good but seemed like there was not enough staff. It was September and a friday night which is the dead season in Orlando and the place was full but not crowded like it most places during season. Maybe they cut back on staff for the slow time ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great name, that's about it really!OldGnarlyDudeDined on 9/26/2013I came here with great expectations, perhaps too high, and was disappointed all round. Service was very average, even though it wasn't a busy night, food was palatable but definitely nothing to write home about. Wine list was weak as their stock levels were low - perhaps not their fault as they said they'd had a group of 30 in the night prior. I would only go back here if nothing else was open, unfortunately.
- 2.5 hour dinnercv1234Dined on 9/21/2013The service was horrible. It was very obvious the waiter forgot to put our order in. This was a 2.5 hour dinner for 4 people of which 1/2 was sushi.
- Website doesn't live trueDinnerOut1Dined on 9/20/2013We were looking for something upscale and unique. We love Pointe Orlando, but were so disappointed. When we asked for a more quiet spot, the host literally rolled his eyes and set a table in the back. At least it was quiet and we were excited. The service was slow, several glasses empty before refills were offered. The food variety was nice, but the steak was overdone and tough. Crab cakes decent, but not special. It was a disappointing for the price. The over the top moment was when a DRAG SHOW started. We had no idea and it was ridiculously loud (even with the table move to the back). It ruined any chance for conversation. It was a bad fit for or group and completely overpriced for the service and food they delivered. I will not return
- Not all in the NameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2013The name of the restaurant was misleading . Glad we chose to come here as it was a delightful evening. So glad for September Magical Dining! Quite a nice surprise. This restaurant is a pleasant surprise to the palate. The name did not capture our attention as a serious restaurant. The decor was elegant but modern. The wait staff could not have been more attentive. And the food was generous and delicious. The Maque Choux was a delight to the senses! The pork and the beef cooked to perfection and were very generous portions. The salads were crisp and fresh as were the vegetables. The dessert was not to be outdone. The cake was lovely and the key lime was better than Key West's signature dish. We will frequent this establishment again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service Recovery!Nuke1VIPDined on 9/14/2013The pace of the meal was off - having to wait what felt like an extremely long time between salad and entree. The wait was long enough that we were considering leaving. When the meal came, the NY Strip was incorrently cooked. It was sent back three times and still was not prepared properly. The waiter and manager were skillful in their ability to turn what could have been a disaster into a satsifactory experience. I would go back for the wine, but not for food.Special Features:
- Funky MonkeyChasVIPDined on 9/9/2013Have been to this restaurant several times and this time was a disappointment but food and service.
- Fantastic!!!LisaDined on 9/7/2013The food was great! Service superb!!! Will return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special no reason to returnNothingspecialDined on 9/7/2013I went for my daughters birthday I wrote in your comments it was her birthday , no one ever mentioned happy birthday to her at all :( Avocado app was good , steak ordered rare was med , pork was ok , scallops were good , salmon ok, eruption roll smallest rolls ever with little flavor, , waiters service was good but little bit of attitude feeling when I asked for magical dining menu & didn't order drinks . Paid $200 for 4 of us & left with 1/2 the meals in take home boxes, as no desire to bother eating it as it wasn't a wow this is good food feeling :( I feel it was wasted $$$ on a place that was freezing cold inside ( 3 tables total there & we all put on sweaters ) & had cold attitudes to match :( won't return & definitely won't return :(
- Eclectic but familiaritsagthgDined on 9/4/2013I happened to finds this restaurant by accident. There are so many choices in the area but I am so glad I picked this one. I travel a lot so I eat out a lot. They have a good eclectic menu that should please any foodies palette. Atmosphere was every nice. I will come back here again when i'm in the area.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerJoanDined on 9/2/2013I had an appetizer at the restaurant in the past..seated outside. The crab cake I had was good. So when my husband asked me to shedule a reservation of my choice I chose this place because of my past experience and the location. I was so dissappointed with the food. The food was cold as if precooked and reheated. The supposedly roasted potatoes served with scalopes and shrimps were so soggy that i couldn't eat them. The servers were very nice though.Special Features:
- The stuffed artichoke ahiwhatsDined on 9/1/2013The stuffed artichoke ahi appetizer was very good especially the ahi- melted in your mouth. Our entrees were ok nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family of four visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2013We went here as an alternative to Disney restaurants. Ordered some appetizers, salads and entrees. Service was slow at first- appetizers took >30 minutes to come out But great food and service aside from that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super timeGreyeagleDined on 8/16/2013This was our first time at the Funky Monkey, it was more than we ever imagined. Great service, very friendly people. They do not rush you but are there just enough to make for a perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG.We wish we found thisGreatVIPDined on 7/21/2013OMG.We wish we found this place several years ago. The food and the service were both excellent to say the least. We're looking forward to going back in the near future. The place rocks!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeGbpack8Dined on 7/20/2013Nice place but very expensive for not so large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a fantastic time. WeBurnmegoodDined on 7/19/2013We had a fantastic time. We came for the Drag Show or rather we came to see Aiysa. She is THE bomb! Excellent. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great placeJohnZVIPDined on 7/17/2013Food is great, the service didn't rush you and were very attentive as well as not interupting while we were talking. I will definately go back!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome sushiBossmoeDined on 6/26/2013Sushi was absolutely outstanding. Saw a Parmesan crusted salmon on the website,but when we got there it wasn't on the menu. We asked if they could do it and pronto they said sure and it was awesome. If we come back to Orlando, we would come back here in a heartbeat. Bob.....the white sox fan was a great waiter!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Great ServiceMelissaDined on 6/22/2013A friend took me to the Funky Monkey on I Drive for birthday. The food was excellent and so was the service. He got a steak; I got sushi. Both of us were very happy with our meals. The server let me friend sample two wines to make his choice. We both enjoyed our wine selections. The servers were attentive, but not overdone. I definitely recommend the Funky Monkey on I Drive (Pointe Orlando).Special Features:
- Went for my best friend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2013Went for my best friend's b-day on Friday night for the drag show and it was a great show, better than Hamburger Mary's! The sushi menu and the wine list was extensive and great! Attentive and upscale service, live atmosphere. i would recommend this place anyone of my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!CorporateCEODined on 6/19/2013We had dinner at Funky Monkey and ther service was excellent. I have to give the food 4-stars instead of 5 because I didn't care for the bleu cheese fries or chicken skewers; HOWEVER the meal was outstanding. Highly recommend the swordfish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.