Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe
9101 International Drive Suite 1208
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.funkymonkeywine.com/
- Phone: 4074189463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: AJ Kraft Chef de Cuisine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Funky Monkey can accommodate groups from 4 - 4000 we are experts at planing amazing off site functions from full sit down gourmet affairs to elegant receptions, the Funky Monkey has an event team at your service, please contact our corporate office at 407-480-5650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Sales team will take care of all the details including menu design, tent rentals, china rentals, entertainment and all catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: The Funky Monkey Pointe Orlando has private seating areas for up to 50 and full restaurant is available for group buyouts from 100 up to 250 people reception style and 149 full sit down dinner. The restaurant offers a private beautiful outdoor patio area right on the fabulous International Drive in the magnificent Pointe Orlando directly across from the Orlando Convention Center. We are happy to assist you with all of the details including transportaion.
- Private Party Contact: FMI Restaurant Group Sales 4074805650
- Entertainment: The Funky Monkey offers weekly dinner shows, every Friday, featuring Las Vegas style shows and dancers. The Funky Monkey offers a variety of entertainment featuring DJ's and so much more please visit our wenbsite www.funkymonkeywine.com for updates on all of our fabulous entertainment
- Cross Street: I-Drive at Pointe Orlando
- Public Transit: Taxi and tour bus lane directly in front of the restaurant. I-Drive Trolley stop directly in front of restaurant along with Public Buses.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Pointe Orlando offers parking in a covered secure attached garage area. The complex also offers Valet Parking.
A word from Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe
Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe is a multi award winning restaurant and wine bar located in the fantastic Pointe Orlando complex on the world famous International Drive directly across form the Convention Center. The Funky Monkey provides over 100 wine's by the bottle, 40 wines by the glass, a full liquor bar, outdoor dining and a private room for up to 100 guests. This locally independently owned restaurant offers a "stylish yet unconventional appeal". The Funky Monkey offers diners an Eclectic, fusion style with Asian-American influenced menu offering delectable salads, unique appetizers, entrees ranging from steak to hand rolled Sushi. Weekly Friday Night Las Vegas Style Dinner Theater and nightly specials keep the Monkey exciting and new. Everything about this place is fun and pleasantly Funky Monkey. This is where the locals dine. Visit us online at www.funkymonkeywine.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Funky Monkey Bistro and Bar @The Pointe reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)special occasion (11)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (9)fit for foodies (9)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (7)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (3)Show More
- The ambiance and service wereJeffDined on 6/5/2010The ambiance and service were excellent. The food was mixed. We started with the garlic mussels and gespacho, which were both excellent. For our main courses, we had the delmonico steak and some of the signature sushi dishes. The steak was average, and the sushi was too complicated with conflicting flavors and textures. We went on a Saturday night and caught the drag shows at 8:30 and 9:30 which were great fun. I highly recommend the restaurant for a fun night out, but be careful on your choice of entrees.Special Features:
- We didn't know what to expectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2010We didn't know what to expect when we walked into Funky Monkey. The name does not in any way reflect the galmour of this establishment. They have a varied menu of wonderful appetizers, entrees and desserts. The wine and drinks were fabulous. The service was of high quality. Although fairly quiet the night we went, we still had a great time, helped along by our vivacious servers. Next time we will go to the drag shows they have there for a good old time.Special Features:
- The stuffed avocado was fantastic.Foodie2nightVIPDined on 5/30/2010The stuffed avocado was fantastic. Food was very good. I will be back.Special Features:
- On the fence...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2010I loved the variety of the menu selections. We fiancee' had ordered the duck and it took about 30 minutes to come to the table. It was not prepared to order and it tood another 30 minutes to bring back the second dish. The rest of the table had finished their meals. A child at the table beside us became ill at the table and the area surrounding it. We did not at any time receive an apology or an offer to move to a different table from management, (a young lady), nor a discount because of the time it took to prepare the second entree'. We've been reluctant to return because of the experience. The food was actually quite good.
- Great for a special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2010Great for a special occasion. Expensive, but worth the money when taking into consideration the level of service, taste of food, quality of wine, and specialty entertainment. Would frequent the establishment if I could afford it, (a meal for two came to over $100 before tip) but I will definitely suggest it to friends for birthdays/anniversaries and look forward to going again myself whenever the opportunity presents itself. Great staff, very friendly and knowledgeable. Willing to go above and beyond to please. It was my girlfriend's birthday and the complimentary dessert and drink (provided by the MC via a beer chugging contest) made her night. It is definitely worth a visit for Orlando natives.Special Features:
- The Delmonico steak & steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2010The Delmonico steak & steak tips (pasta) meat were tough & chewy. Server should have advised to have them cooked rare or medium rare only, not medium. Air conditioning was too cold. Sushi & monkey mini purses were good though.Special Features:
- This was an awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2010This was an awesome place to dine. The waiter was polite, knowledgable, and I had a blast. I will be back for more.Special Features:
- The sushi is beautifully presentedNaplesfoodieVIPDined on 5/1/2010The sushi is beautifully presented and delicious. Crab cakes were not lump crabmeat which was a disappointment, but were nicely presented. Our waiter must have been very busy as at times we were waiting, but another was of help with the check and a couple of other times. We would return, we hear Friday nights have entertainment.Special Features:
- Our group of nine had a GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2010Our group of nine had a GREAT time at the Friday night show!Special Features:
- The wait staff was very promptOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2010The wait staff was very prompt and kind. They got at little busy which left our water glasses empty. I asked for a refill and it was there in a jiff. Food was awesome. Had a great time and will be back when I am in Orlando again.Special Features:
- It took 90 minutes for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2010It took 90 minutes for our food to arrive at the table. Service was adequate, but not enough to justify a 20% tip for a party of five. Everyone in our party is in the business,including one who is a GM of a Darden restaurant,; not one of us has ever seen a tip for a party under eight. We wont be going back.Special Features:
- Fantastic wine list and sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/13/2010Fantastic wine list and sushi menu, with great sushi. However, portions were poor, and service was horrendous. As a party of 10, we waited 20 minutes for menus, 45 minutes to get drinks, and no the table was never fully set. Cooked food was fair at best. Portions were laughable. A $14 spinach salad consisted of maybe an ounce of spinach. They were out of just about everything we asked for, and given 2 very small dishes of edamame to share amongst 10, which rationed to about 3 pods pp. If you want wine and sushi, go for it, otherwise, stay away.Special Features:
- The food I ordered was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/13/2010The food I ordered was outstanding. The food I shared with friends was great as well! The wine list is nice although more by the glass would be a plus but I understand that too much selection by the glass can equal spoiled wine. The service was fast and attentive. My only complaint is about the chefs. They apparently don't do "substitutions." The "substitution" in this case was really a removal of items in a make by order item. The chefs consider it an insult b/c it's not the way it was intended to be eaten. Sorry, but if you would like return business, you should please the guests not the chef... over all a good experience, I would recommend as long as you aren't a picky eater.Special Features:
- Thought the food was verypickydinerVIPDined on 3/12/2010Thought the food was very good. The show was going on since we were there on a Friday night. We were not expecting it and the noise level was higher than normal and made conversation at our table very difficult. Wine prices were higher than they should be. Overall it was a good experience but not something we would want to do again anytime soon.
- In Orlando when you visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/11/2010In Orlando when you visit the parks during day and have burger and fries, good spot to relax and enjoy the evening.Special Features:
- We came for the show and itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2010We came for the show and it was great-- exceeded our expectations! Service was top notch! My husband and I live over an hour away and will definitely return-- with friends!Special Features:
- One of the new, good placesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/24/2010One of the new, good places to eat on i-drive. it is nice not to have to deal with the never ending chainsSpecial Features:
- I have been to FM severalLive2EatDined on 2/17/2010I have been to FM several times. Still, the PO location does not measure up to the experiences I have enjoyed at the Mills store. We were a party of 5 and one was detained, so we were waiting. It took over 30 minutes for the server to take a drink order. She was pleasant and wandered by a couple of times, but took way to long to offer to bring drinks or even take a starter while we waited. Most everyone loved their food, though the rack of lamb was ordered MR and came out M to MW and really wasn't anything special - little flavor. For most this was a first time visit. I think 2 were lost with the fact that almost every piece of china on the table was chipped in some way and they saw a busman just flip over a used tablecloth. Not comforting.Special Features:
- The duck was overcooked andOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/16/2010The duck was overcooked and the snapper was bland and fried but came out overcooked and soggy, probably due to the fact that it was sitting on a mound of steaming mash potatoes. Sushi rice was undercooked/somewhat hard. The wine selection was average.
- Very nice all the way around.GGinSRQDined on 2/15/2010Very nice all the way around. The only downside is that they do not have a three-way liquor license so no martinis, but with their wine list that isn't an issue. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Ecellent atmoshpere, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2010Ecellent atmoshpere, food was very good, and the wine list was superb. Just wished you had liquor so I could have had a cocktail to start -- beer list was good.Special Features:
- We went to the Funky MonkeybeachboundDined on 2/14/2010We went to the Funky Monkey for Valentine's Day when we were in town for business. When we got there it wasn't very busy and we took our time ordering. Our appetizers were excellent as were our wine selections. The entrees were also excellent, except the seared tuna had a good amount of "fatty" lines going through one portion of it. Enough that it made it impossible to eat that end of the tuna. Also, by this time the restaurant had gotten much busier and our service was a little less attentive. Other than those two things, it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Only serves beer and wineKrazyVIPDined on 2/13/2010Only serves beer and wine :( Too many of the sushi rolls had cream cheese as an ingredient
- Booked for a romantic Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2010Booked for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner, and the meal was spot-on, much better than expected. The Buffalo short ribs were done perfectly, and it was nice to see that among other unusual options on the menu. The DJ spinning house music? Could have done without that, especially since it got progressively louder as the night progressed. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Our party of four was immediatelyBillDined on 2/13/2010Our party of four was immediately impressed with the décor, comfort and ambience. Upon ordering wine, we were pleased with the presentation. However, that is where the pleasing experience ended. We ordered two appetizers to share and their flat bread "special" looked as poor as it tasted. The flat bread and tasteless rice balls (AKA Monkey Balls) were served lukewarm at best. Considering they specialize in Sushi neither my wife nor I were prepared for our rare tuna dishes to be grossly overcooked. I could go on about the many other shortcoming of the place but let me close by alerting fellow tea drinkers that upon requesting a cup of Earl Grey to end my meal I was advised they do not serve hot tea! I recommend limiting one's visit to wine.Special Features:
- I booked a dinner for myselfOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2010I booked a dinner for myself & two colleagues based entirely on the opentable.com & Funky Monkey website information, and it was a very delightful surprise. Our entire meal was fantastic, the ambiance was great, our server was very personable & knowledgeable - we thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening. THANK YOU for a terrific dining experience!Special Features:
- First time at the PO store.Live2EatDined on 1/27/2010First time at the PO store. The larger venue definitely makes it less intimate and noisier. The service was initially spot on, but as business picked up, we saw less of our server. In fact, by the time she returned for me to tell her that my lobster mashed potatoes were cold, I was half way finished with the scallops. Then, I had to sort of wait in order to eat them together. I thought the mashed would be much more rich, akin to lobster mac and cheese. They werent, but they were good. My second glass of wine never arrived and I was pleased to see that it wasn't on the bill. Again, by the time she returned for me to remind her, we were ready for the check. We will return, the food is great and we like the ambiance of both restaurants.Special Features:
- The experience was great.iride15Dined on 1/3/2010The experience was great. Asked for the lamb special as rare as possible, and the chef got it spot on. My girlfriend's duck was outstanding, and the amount of food was fitting, unlike most fancy restaurants that like to starve you through three courses. The wine selection is a little lacking for a place called a wine bar, and two of our requests were out of stock. However, the choice of wine is good, and might overwhelm someone who has no idea what they're looking at. Not a place for a wine buff though, but a good place for a couple or a group looking for a good time with some good wine, food, and ambiance. Parking is not validated by the restaurant, so find a spot in one of the neighboring plazas instead.Special Features:
- This restaurant was very relaxing,TaxprofsDined on 1/2/2010This restaurant was very relaxing, the food was very good and our waitress was a joy.Special Features:
- I thought the food was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/2/2010I thought the food was outstanding. Every dish was well done with good sized portions (not huge, not tiny). Even the 'simple' dishes such as flatbreads were great -- mainly due to the high quality ingredients -- in short you can taste the difference and Funky Monkey delivers. I would recommend the restaurant for anyone visiting Orlando.Special Features:
- Overpriced with average food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2009Overpriced with average food. Very strange at this location with entrees from $20 - $30 that they do not even validate parking at Pointe. Will not return.Special Features:
- Entrees were pricey. WineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/18/2009Entrees were pricey. Wine was very good and a nice pour. Appetzers were great. Salads good but a little expensive. The mushroom risotto was good but could have used a bit deeper mushroom flavor-perhaps a drizzle of truffle oil.Special Features:
- loved both complimentary appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2009loved both complimentary appetizers presented to our table: the edamame & the heirloom tomatoes. The special soup was roasted red pepper, quite nice with a spicy bite at the end. The monkey balls were bland as was the fried goat cheese. There was quite a time lag between finishing our appetizers & the arrival of of entrees. I quite liked the polenta with blue cheese, but the accompanying shrimp were tough. One of my companions' returned her salmon (blackened & tough beyond belief); it was replaced with a much better prepared piece. My companions seemed to enjoy their entrees, especially the wasabi mashed potatoes. The location is lovely, the outdoor dining option is great for our area, the food was not up to expectation.Special Features:
- The Funky Monkey was an enjoyableStCloudFLGrandpaDined on 11/28/2009The Funky Monkey was an enjoyable evening. Service was very good. Food was above average, however they were out of the item I ordered and only until the server had placed the order was I notified that I would need to order something else. Great wine list and server was very knowledgeable. Worth the evening, would recommend, but chances of returning are very low due to lack of more intensive research on my part. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Excellent as always. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2009Excellent as always. Very consistent. Food DELICIOUS. service spectacular!Special Features:
- Second location, newly openhappyDined on 11/17/2009Second location, newly open so they are still working out the kinks. We went for dinner - would be better for drinks and apps.
- Very good, and attentive service.dinersdriveinsdivesVIPDined on 11/14/2009Very good, and attentive service. Food was good, but mildly disappointing. Had mostly sushi rolls. The rice was on the cold side, and a little hard, not what I expect for freshly made sushi rolls. Truffle fries were excellent. Arugula salad was good, but a little overdressed. Probably will not be back, especially with a wide variety of asian/sushi places around.
- It must have been an off nightalwayshungryVIPDined on 11/14/2009It must have been an off night for the restaurant the evening we dined. Service was extremely slow but server was attentive and we believe the issue was with the kitchen. Four of our party were informed that their entrees ordered were not available 15 minutes after we finished our apps. We then had to wait another 15 minutes for the entrees. Our poor server was doing the best he could. The automatic 20% service for our large party was most undeserved. This was very unfortunate as the food was quite good. Sadly, with all the choices available in Orlando, we will likely not return on our next visit.Special Features:
- The sushi was unbelievable.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2009The sushi was unbelievable. The fire monkey roll is something to try if you like spicy food. Everything from the appetizer to the dessert was wonderfully prepared. It is a definite place I will go back whenever I visit Orlando.Special Features:
- We gave funky monkey a secondOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2009We gave funky monkey a second chance...service was impeccable and the food was phenomenal! We still feel it's a little pricey..Special Features: