48 Boylston Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lamorra.com/
- Phone: 6177390007
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:30 - 10
Friday and Saturday 5:30 - 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Josh Ziskin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Chef Josh Ziskin will create any of his specialties from the current menu. Chef Josh Ziskin will also coordinate rentals, service and any additional needs diners encounter.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private facilities. Upstairs dining room can seat up to 60 guests. The entire restaurant seats 72 guests. Full-service off-site catering available at any location.
- Private Party Contact: Jen Ziskin (617)416-5184
- Special Events: ITALY BIKE TOUR: October 9-14 Tour Piedmont Italy with Chef Josh Ziskin and his wife Jen along with DuVine Adventures: www.duvine.com/la-morra-piedmont-bike-tour.html
A word from La Morra
La Morra, known for its outstanding Northern Italian cuisine, is the perfect location for private parties large and small. The two private and semi-private dining rooms, feature exposed brick walls and hardwood floors that can accommodate parties as large as 75 guests for a sit down meal or cocktail party. We are fully equipped to cater your off premise parties, large and small. Whether it be a small intimate dinner for 8 or a large party of 500, we will bring Northern Italy to the venue of your choice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
La Morra - Best Restaurants in Brookline ›
La Morra reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (109)neighborhood gem (106)special occasion (80)notable wine list (57)romantic (53)good for groups (29)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Best restaurant in BostonNativeNewYorkerDined on 5/4/2014I love coming to La Morra. They never disappoint. If you're looking for a place to eat and you're not sure of where to go, this place will definitely hit the spot. It's vegetarian friendly as well. :)Special Features:
- excellent mealwabanfolkDined on 5/3/2014The spring menu selections were stunning and tough to choose from; several great salads and fish options; portions were appropriate, not overwhelming. The arugala salad and asparagus w/egg were amazing. We all enjoyed the veal and fish dishes as well as the berry cocktail. Go soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, VERY long waitTOmBDined on 5/2/2014love the food but it was another three hour night. arrived right on time for our 7:30 reservation and left at 10:30. the wait for food, delicious as always, was interminableSpecial Features:
- Fine dininglucca3Dined on 5/2/2014Second time at La Moora. A repeat of excellent food and excellent service made for a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful surprisegrigioVIPDined on 4/30/2014I've been to this restaurant before, but not in some time. The food was delicious. Three of us had three different meals, and two appetizers, and everything was great. The bread was as fresh as it could be, the pasta was cooked perfectly, and the three entrees were great.Special Features:
- Delicious and lovelyNancyDined on 4/27/2014The rustic interior of the restaurant is surprising when looking from the outside. It was comfortable and attractive. The service on a Sunday evening was perfect, attentive without imposing. The waiter took time to inform one of our party with allergy issues of the entrees she could comfortably consume. All of our meals were wonderfully prepared and delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Was looking for an small, family-owned Italian restaurant when I stumbled upon a review of this place. I decided to take a chance and boy, am I glad I did!! It was packed which IMO is always a good sign. Great service! Great food! Great time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/26/2014The food was delicious and creatively prepared. Wonderful flavors!! Also good warm Italian bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Dinner For a Large GroupSatisfiedhostDined on 4/25/2014Great place for groups of 8 or more. Food was excellent and service was quality. Good wine selection. Reasonably priced. I'll definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerRifkaDined on 4/23/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary at this very wonderful restaurant La Morra. They had a glass of champagne ready for each of us- and candles in our desserts. The food was very good and different- we really enjoyed the wine pairing- definately would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Morra continues to deliverPaulaVIPDined on 4/21/2014La Morra serves terrific Italian food in a warm and inviting space. Josh has kept the menu changing, while maintaining certain favorites, especially their small bites. If you can't get a reservation, try dinner at the bar with Bernie. La Morra is one of our favorite restaurants and we have never been disappointed. Known as a "neighborhood gem", they are better than most restaurants in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cute unexpected and tasty!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 4/20/2014Booked this place on Easter Sunday because it had a lot of availability without any expectations, but was pleasantly surprised to find a vibrant, rustic restaurant. I had the veal which was cooked to perfection, and the other 3 in my party ordered pasta dishes which lived up to expectations. I would definitely suggest ordering full plates (you can order halves). 2 people in my party ordered halves and were still hungry. Understandable because it was very busy and a holiday, but the service was a bit slow. We didn't mind, but I was surprised by the wait for the initial menus and the wait between apps and entrees. Nevertheless, I will definitely come back, and I hear they change the menu frequently, so I would love to try more from them!Special Features:
- Great family get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We had a group of 10, two families meeting for the first time, and we had a great experience. La Morra had our table ready, the wait staff was very attentive, and the food was great! Thanks for a great Easter/pre-marathon family get together!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014We took my daughter's family with her children (14 & 16) with us and were slightly afraid that the children wouldn't find anything they liked, but they had several choices to choose from in each course. They would like to go back again. As usual the rest of us thoroughly enjoyed the food. The fruit with the sweeten ricotta was delicious .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love La Morra!KPizzleDined on 4/19/2014Wonderful food, cocktails, ambiance, with reasonable prices. This is my favorite go to restaurant. I have hosted a holiday party here, celebrated landmark birthdays here, hosted special guests here....all wonderful, special events.Special Features:
- daveDined on 4/19/2014have been there numerous times and we are from out of state. Food is very authenic Mexican with a good variety of seafood. The younger adults rave about the marquerites.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014Nice Restaurant, Food, Service, Ambience are very good!Special Features:
- Best Food in BostonRichVIPDined on 4/15/2014I know this restaurant is in Brookline, but in my estimation it outshines any place we've tried in neighboring Boston. The food is consistently dreamy and the chef is very accommodating. Every visit is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and winekddinerVIPDined on 4/12/2014Can't say enough about the wonderful meal and fanastic wine recommendations!Special Features:
- not recommendedhungryDined on 4/5/2014I know this restaurant is busy and lots of people go but we had a terrible meal this past weekend. service was slow, they seemed overwhelmed by all the people, and all our food was poorly prepared --all was over salted and all the pasta was over cooked, shocking for an Italian restaurant. not sure why they are busy.
- First time!bevandtomDined on 4/4/2014Our friends said this was there favorite Boston restaurant, so we tried it. Great food, friendly, professional service, very good ambiance. Will go back! Very noisy though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Comes ThroughRegularGuyDined on 3/31/2014My work partners & I have eaten here every few months for several years and are always impressed by the inventiveness of the delicious food within a very friendly atmosphere. Every visit is a joy, every dish a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant Taken by ItselfSarasotaSteveDined on 3/30/2014La Morra is a restaurant that thinks it is better than it is. On the second Sunday of the NCAA basketball tournament, there was no television, and the hostess seemed to think my question was silly. I was told they only put the television on when the Red Sox are in the World Series. I went to the bar for a beer while waiting for my date to arrive, and had to ask if there was a bartender on duty! There was no one behind the bar. Once seated at our table, the noise level was extremely high, I could hardly hear what my date was saying. Nonetheless the food was good, and the service was adequate, even considering the absence of a bartender.Special Features:
- Adding La Morra to our go to listWestwoodfoodieDined on 3/29/2014Very happy with our dinner at La Morra, the only reason I'm giving it 4 stars is it's location. Very quaint interior but street view is not the greatest. Food was excellent across the board and prices are normal to high IMO. Our dinner ended being a little more than our other regular places because we ordered a bit more here, the portions are what you should eat but we were hungry so needed a bit more. We are adding this place to our regular listing and can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love la morra!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014The service is impeccable. The food is extraordinary. Our favorite special occasion restaurant in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and creative foodnewtoniteDined on 3/28/2014preparations and combinations of ingredients that showed originality and culinary sophistication. everything was done perfectly and presentations were terrific. a real gem.Special Features:
- Every single bite of foodBethanyDined on 3/26/2014Every single bite of food was exquisite. We had the walnut pesto, the sweet potato gnocchi, and the artichoke ravioli, and they were all so tasty. There were 3 of us and we each ordered a salad and then the full portion of pasta, thinking we'd have leftovers for lunch, but nobody did-- the full sized portion is pretty much perfect for dinner (for a girl-- a guy would still be hungry.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JCLADined on 3/23/2014La Morra is a fabulous find. I was dining alone while on a business trip, and the staff went out of their way to make my meal feel more lively without being obtrusive. The food was spectacular: the house-made ricotta is out of this world, they have a great wine list, and the entree was very flavorful. Most delightful, though, was that they made an amazing effort to make a dessert I really wanted that wasn't on their menu. It was a simple dessert---an affogato, just ice cream and espresso---but it required extra work and attention from their staff. They did it readily and happily, though, and it really made my evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always treatd like a VIPalicelittleDined on 3/23/2014We go every year during restaurant week for my mom's birthday. They offer the whole menu, so you are not limited to RW offerings, and they offer 4 courses instead of the usual 3. And the portions are NOT skimpy--especially the main. Bread and homemade cheese alone is worth a trip. You'd never know it's restaurant week, which can sometimes be a "throw away" for some restaurants. Wine flight is always a treat. Cocktails are enough to return for, but La Morra has everything! Just love, love, love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014We had dinner. What we ordered was all very delicious but a bit salty.
- i prefer upstairs dining becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014i prefer upstairs dining because it is less hectic and a bit quieter.Special Features:
- La Morra never disappoints,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/22/2014La Morra never disappoints, and during Restaurant week the $38 four course prix fixe menu is one of Boston's best and most delicious bargains!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014My husband and I have eaten here before, and were delighted to see they were participating in Restaurant week (now Dine out Boston). What a fantastic deal - although they weren't able to accommodate us for our request to sit upstairs, they made up for it with their service and being sure to keep the room warm despite being next to the door. Our waitress was outstanding - made great suggestions and even went out of her way to accommodate for my gluten allergy. The chickpea fries were so great! I am still dreaming about them! Everything else we tasted was superb - I had: Verdi E Rossi, Risotto con Cavolo Nero, Eglefino Arrosto con Insalata di Patate, and an amazing special fruit dessert with mint broth and mango sorbet. We'll return! Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent tastesFood4goodVIPDined on 3/21/2014Food was wonderful with very creative flavors and very knowledgable wait staff. Noise level was reasonable and it was possible to have normal conversations. Drinks were creative and the wine list was fun with the option of doing wine flights. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Course Fixed Price NightFrank2Dined on 3/20/2014Terrific food. Well prepared and imaginative. Good presentation. Waiter was friendly and helpful. Delivery of the courses was timed well. Certainly not inexpensive but good value if you are seeking a foodie restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northern Italian gembostonbornDined on 3/20/2014Every staff member was genuinely warm and welcoming. Service was impeccably executed. Each course was creative and there were many options so everyone should be able to find something they like. Interesting and varied selection of Italian wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week FindMarsVIPDined on 3/19/2014A party of four was Dining Out and La Morra was our choice. The food was excellent - green and red salad and tuscan bread soup started us off, followed by sweet potato gnoccho and oricchetti (??), followed by skate, duck, haddock and veal for the main course. These were very generous portions and delicious. Desserts were the salted caramel flan and a dense chocolate tarte. The service was a little chaotic at first but it settled down. Food was served in a very leisurely way. The noise level got to very energetic as the evening went on. All in all - a delicious find and we will return. Note - much of the food on the menu, while available for Dining Out patrons, required supplemental costs to be selected. So we stuck to the non-extra choices.Special Features:
- Good food at excellent valueWilsonDined on 3/19/2014Went to this restaurant with my boyfriend for Restaurant Week. The food was prepared nicely and in sufficiently large portions. We paid about 60 dollars per person for a 4 course meal, with wine accompaniment. The ambiance was very appropriate for any date and special occasion. Food quality is excellent, and the waitress showcases sufficient knowledge about their food and wine. Makes excellent recommendations about wines according to our tastes and preferences.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningSallyDined on 3/18/2014We are fortunate to have such a wonderful restaurant in our neighborhood. The food never disappoints - quality ingredients, locally sourced if possible, innovatively prepared and always delicious. The service is quite good, efficient without being fawning. I highly recommend La Morra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I had to waitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2014My wife and I had to wait a long, long time for our entrees. The waiter forgot to bring the wine that went with my second course (I ordered the red wine flight) until after I'd finished eating it and reminded him. He also spilled wine at one point. Maybe the first night of Restaurant Week threw them off? On the good side, they were very patient with the kids in our party.Special Features: