Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
74040 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kaisergrillepalmdesert.com/
- Phone: 7607799888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite or onsite catering available, with the menu of your choosing. For more information, please call 760.424-6176
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 36 guests, semi private for up to 100. Buyout of entire restaurant up to 240 guests
- Private Party Contact: Eric morcus 760 779 9888x
- Entertainment: Piano Bar, Live music most every night of the week!
- Special Events: Private Dining Room available. Please call 760.424-6176 for more information.
A word from Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
We offer California Happy Cuisine. Our affiliated restaurants are perenially voted Best Steaks in the Desert. Fine steaks and chops, butchered in-house and grilled the classic way, allowing flavors and tenderness to develop fully. We offer gluten-free options, fresh salads and vegetables, stone hearth pizzas, fresh pastas, steaks and wild/sustainable seafood.Continued
WINE CELLAR , FULL BAR, ENTERTAINMENT
WINE CELLAR , FULL BAR, ENTERTAINMENT
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (17)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (12)romantic (11)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not as expectedCalvinDined on 12/31/2013Made reservation for NYE, but still seated for dinner in the bar. Limited menu and food was poor, like the kitchen could not handle all the meals they were attempting to serve.
- never againdickersonDined on 12/31/2013Terrible service. MY order seemed to have been lost.Server and manager kept apologizing. People that arrived after we did were served and departed before we were served. After this experience, we went to the valet parkers and they could not find the car. There comment was that I gave them the wrong ticket. One of the attendants must have torn off the ticket and tossed the keys in the car. 15 minutes to find the vehicle. Bad service and lost car. Why would I ever recommend this place??????? Dickerson
- New Years celebrationPghdinerDined on 12/31/2013Dinner was good but took awhile. Probably due to holiday. Never got potatoes til dinner over. Service was fair. Food was good,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to the Chop HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013We have been to the Chop House many times since moving to desert 15years ago. Have always had a wonderful dining experience but using Open Table is absolutely the easiest and most professional way to make reservations. We have used them for many restaurants around the desert and will always use them in the future. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingSusssDined on 12/31/2013It took 20 min. to get a server to take drink orders (it was not busy at 5:00 p.m.). I was distracted the entire meal with missing ceiling tiles covered haphazardly with paper that was moving with air circulation. Filet was dry & overcooked, salmon was good & tempura green beans delicious as was the shaved brussell sprouts with mushrooms. Filet Oscar was not cooked correctly & was sent back only to be brought out when the rest of us were finished with our meals, so that person no longer wanted it.
- Great dinner!KathyVIPDined on 12/24/2013We had a wonderful dinner at the Chop House in Palm Desert. Food and service were excellent, and the ambience is great.Special Features:
- Chop House for Special Occasionscms43Dined on 12/24/2013My family has selected the Chop House for Christmas Eve dining for the last three years. We have always enjoyed the complete experience and never been disappointed with any aspect. The food is excellent and the service is responsive and attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMikeytodVIPDined on 12/23/2013Really enjoyed the food and the service. My new husband and I drove to Palm Springs to get married and celebrated at Kaiser Grille.Special Features:
- This restaurant is aging out.AllluvpalmdesertDined on 12/12/2013This restaurant is aging out.All of it's awards are from 9 years ago and back.
- Chef's Night Off?Special4usDined on 12/10/2013We've eaten at Chop House a lot over the past 18 years, and we've always had a good experience. Unfortunately, this wasn't one of them...food-wise anyway. The ambience was great, the service was lovely, the staff made this milestone birthday party a happy one. However, we werre surprised how mediocre the dinners were. It seemed like the head chef had the night off. It was definitely the B team filling in last Tuesday night. Oh well, better luck next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to celebrate my wife'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2013We went to celebrate my wife's birthday and it was a total success. The bartender made our Rob Roys just as we requested and our waitress was exceptional. We shared the chateaubriand special which was prepared perfectly and included a delicious calamari appetizer along very generous sides. The room has a quiet sophistication which we appreciate. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star diningHvdlDined on 11/30/2013Excellent service from start to end. Had a wonderful and romantic anniversary at the restaurant. This was our 5 th time over the last few years going there and every time we received superior service and fantastic food. We have gone to many other places and always ended up going back for special occasions. Its hard to satisfy customers 5 times in a row and they don't even know us personally. We received wonderful service from the receptionist to the waiter and would highly recommend this gem. The quality of the food is hard to find and is always prepared to your taste and liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks n boozeMCSDDined on 11/30/2013Great steaks, marginal old fashioned, weak bourbon list, good wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very disappointedNicolaDined on 11/26/2013We were very disappointed in our last visit. Service was poor, in all ways and my daughters ahi tuna was full of veins and tough. She did complain and showed the waitress, the waitress took her plate away to show the chef and never came back to saw, sorry can I get you something else etc. also she left the ahi tuna on our bill? When she did come with our bill she left it at the end of the table open with my credit card and rushed off. She forgot our drinks we ordered before dinner, mixed up our orders. She may have been new, I had never seen her before there. Lori NicolaSpecial Features:
- good findlike2eatDined on 11/25/2013I found the food and the service to be good the hostice and the waitress were very personable I would go back for more of that graet steak and seafood !Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationDickCDined on 11/21/2013My wife and I were celebrating both our birthdays and everything was great. The food was very good and the service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceNaranjaVIPDined on 11/21/2013We enjoy an occasional visit to The Chop House. They had really good cocktails and the service is usually excellent. The steaks are just a little over rated but okay. Salads are great.Special Features:
- What a findJoeDDined on 11/19/2013The meat dishes were beyond expectations. The vegies were excellent. Wine selection was mind blowingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jack's reviewJackDined on 11/15/2013Totally outstanding dinner Service was perfect Our favorite in Coachla valleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/13/2013Everything was perfect! We were greeted promptly when we arrived, and taken to a table immediately. Or server was attentive yet not overbearing. The steaks were cooked exactly as requested and the chops were fantastic. I would highly recommend the Chop House for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComplainteatoutoftenDined on 11/9/2013Well someone had given us a pair of $50.00 gift cards good and any Kaiser Group Restaurant. Well when we were presented with the bill for About $93.00 I gave the waiter the gift cards worth $100.00 along with a ten dollar bill for a gratuity. He came back and told us that gratuities can not be used on gift cards so he gave us a $7.00 gift card. We knew it was not his fault so we gave him another $7.00 to equal 20% gratuity. I was so upset that we will never ever go to any Restaurant owned by The Kaiser Restaurant Group. And we live right in the midst t of several of them. The back of the gift card reads Present at any Kaiser Family Restaurant fore the purchase of goods or service. I take service to mean anyone waiting on me while dining..Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2013Three of us went to The Chop House to enjoy the Three Course special. We had a good experience last year and was hoping for an equally good dinner. Our waiter had no experience with the Three Course special. Our food had been sitting for a long time before being brought to the table - you could tell because it was cooling down (even thought- thankfully the plates were very warm). Our waiter had to refer to the menu to determine what our dessert options were. AND, we were charged for the desserts on our bill. Very disappointed.
- delicious. not for steak only.lynnieDined on 10/31/2013A little oversalted by the kitchen, the food is quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasureronniem1971VIPDined on 10/31/2013we dine at Chop House Palm Desert fairly often and are never disappointed. Our dinner was perfect and our waitress was very personable and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing - the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2013Food was amazing - the atmosphere was romantic, yet not too stuffy! GREAT place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth looking forouttoeatDined on 10/23/2013We have been to the Palm Springs location so knew it was excellent. We were not dissapointed. The place was very difficult to find because our map app didn't know about it. Also, not "a place with a view". Easy to get to once we knew where it was and really great steaks. Wonderful wine at amazing deals too. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaksbobbyb09VIPDined on 10/21/2013Daughter and I went to the Chop House on a Monday evening. The place was not crowded and we were immediately seated in a booth. We had the 8 oz filet and the 16 oz rib-eye. Both were medium rare and cooked perfectly. Each of our steaks were superb, which is what you want when visiting a fine steak house. We upgraded to caesar salads instead of the house salad ($5 each), and split a large lobster mac and cheese, which was also excellent. Service was impeccable, and not the lease overbearing. Total cost for the dinner was $110 before tip. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a great steak. It's not cheap, but it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They filled my "requests" !westseekDined on 10/16/2013I asked for a seating area near an electrical outlet so my husband could plug in his oxygen concentrator. We were pleasantly greeted by name when we arrived, and we were told that they had found an electrical outlet AND A BOOTH, fulfilling both of our requests. We started at the bar, ordering a fabulous appetizer and two cocktails, at the Happy Hour price! Then, we moved to our booth, with my husband's oxygen unit still plugged in. We tried a special, a steak Oscar. We both wished we'd stuck with the fillet and not the addition of the crab. It was skimpy and not an enticing piece of crab. We've had the fillets in the past and we should have stuck with that ... every fillet has been perfect. We will come again, I'm sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLQGolferVIPDined on 10/13/2013Visited the restaurant intending to order the advertised special. The server refused to serve us the special because we intended to share the entree. We were willing to pay the $6 split plate fee and had already ordered drinks and an appetizer. We were forced to order from the regular menu and left the restaurant feeling that we paid too much. The food wasn't worth the price.
- Great food & serviceTeriVIPDined on 10/4/2013We had a great dinner with great service. Our server, Greg, was excellent & attentive, but did not hover. Our dinners were prepared s we requested. We will definitely go back again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakTippyDined on 9/28/2013The steak was awesome as always, the services was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop House Reviewluv2eatoutDined on 9/22/2013The Chop House had the best Filet Mignon that I have ever tasted. It was our first time there but definitely wont be our last!!Special Features:
- It was very quiet, There wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/18/2013It was very quiet, There were only 4 Tables with any people. We thought for Prime Beef, it was not very tasty
- The great steakDinneroutDined on 9/15/2013I would come back just for the New York strip!!!! Nothing else needed!!!!Special Features:
- Foof is a littke above averagejamesVIPDined on 9/12/2013Foof is a littke above average with prices to match. Ruth's Chris has nothing to worry about.
- My first and last time dining hereCJinPalmDesertVIPDined on 9/7/2013Our waiter Jeremiah, took 10 minutes to approach our table after we were seated. When he finally did, we weren't greeted rather simply asked if we knew what we wanted. The manager was on the floor but did not come around to inquire how the food or service was to any table except for two...one clearly close friends or family and the other a couple who seemed to be regulars. One other table ended up requesting another waiter...that guest confronted the manager about the server and told him of the other tables that were also unhappy. The manager would not approach any of our tables to better understand his service. Needless to say the waiter never received a tip (the first time we have ever done this in 35 years of dining.)Special Features:
- Outstanding Meal!FrancophileDined on 9/4/2013My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here the other night. The food was great and the service was excellent. The staff was friendly. We hope to return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for any occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2013Great restaurant for any occasion. We are not full time residences of the valley but always try to visit the Chop House when we're in town. Our last visit was to celebrate our 58th wedding anniversary. My wife and I hope to come back for many more years. Food and service are always excellent and we always try and take guests for a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013We used to belong to a country club (Orange Co) where members couldn't go into the dining room unless one wore a collared shirt tucked into pants (non jeans or shorts allowed). We made reservations but my son and girlfriend were delayed in traffic and just couldn't make to our home in order to change but I told him "let's go" otherwise we'll lose our reservations! Jeff was concerned when we walked into the Chop Hose because of our previous country club rule in Orange County. Was he surprised when we entered and was served! Thank you! Thank you! We all had a great time celebrating his dad's 67th birthday! Jeanette changSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of really good high endRonaldDined on 8/31/2013Lots of really good high end places in the desert that are better . While I'm not in a big rush to eat the food preparation time was long and they weren't that busy. Our server was very pleasant. Parking is limited and is only valet which I don't care for.I would recommend this to a friend.