Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
74040 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kaisergrillepalmdesert.com/
- Phone: 7607799888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite or onsite catering available, with the menu of your choosing. For more information, please call 760.424-6176
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 36 guests, semi private for up to 100. Buyout of entire restaurant up to 240 guests
- Private Party Contact: Eric morcus 760 779 9888x
- Entertainment: Piano Bar, Live music most every night of the week!
- Special Events: Private Dining Room available. Please call 760.424-6176 for more information.
A word from Kaiser Grille Palm Desert
We offer California Happy Cuisine. Our affiliated restaurants are perenially voted Best Steaks in the Desert. Fine steaks and chops, butchered in-house and grilled the classic way, allowing flavors and tenderness to develop fully. We offer gluten-free options, fresh salads and vegetables, stone hearth pizzas, fresh pastas, steaks and wild/sustainable seafood.Continued
WINE CELLAR , FULL BAR, ENTERTAINMENT
WINE CELLAR , FULL BAR, ENTERTAINMENT
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Kaiser Grille Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (16)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (12)good for groups (12)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good Choice for SteaksCherBearDined on 3/29/2014Great food, great drinks, great house wine. It was a wonderful evening made even better by the great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.JettDined on 3/26/2014My steak house standard is Ruth's Chris and the Chop House was about 60%. Rib eye steak did not have nearly the flavor and was grisly. Onion rings tasted frozen. Creamed spinach and sautéed mushrooms were disappointing. Nothing was terrible but nothing was great either. Convenient location and a well run, civic minded local business.Special Features:
- Good food, good service. AOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014Good food, good service. A little noisy. All went wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteaksVisitorDined on 3/21/2014We expected something a little more upscale, but this was still a good place for dinner. The food was very good, and the steaks were excellent! (Think along the lines of Morton's - good steaks.) Everyone was very friendly and courteous, things were served promptly, everything was clean and orderly. It was just fine. Good wine list, and even a list of wines "on sale". Some rough edges with the service, but nothing major. Overall very enjoyable and worth a visit. (Note: On a Friday night, the place was full when we arrived at 8 p.m., but by 10 p.m. it was empty except for us and one other party. Same thing happened at another restaurant the next night. Must be a Palm Springs area thing.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop House-palm DesertFredDined on 3/21/2014Great place to celebrate special events with friends. Very consistent food quality and service.Special Features:
- Perfect in every wayHopeDined on 3/20/2014From the moment we entered the evening was exceptional. The hostess was charming, seated us immediately, the service was efficient , the waitress was most knowledgeable and helpful. The food was outstanding, cooked to perfection. I had the Ahi Tuna and it was wonderful served very rare exactly like I ordered it. The Rib eye steak was also cooked perfectly, tender and delicious. Will definately return and bring more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad choiceBirthdayDined on 3/16/2014It was a special celebration and we ordered the Tomahawk special for two to be prepared Medium, but was presented rare. The food was sent back. It was returned on the same plate appearing to have been microwaved. The steak was full of gristle and fat with little meat to enjoy. We spoke to both the server and the manager did remove the cost of the meal from our bill. My concern was the manner in which the food was served and comments by the server and manager. I will not consider The Chop House in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks overcooked, service TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014I had never been to a Chophouse before, but my husband had in other cities and said it was great. We were greeted, seated at a nice corner table. Server did not come by, nor water service for a good 5 minutes. It was early in the evening and not at all crowded...Sooo? Salads were fresh, but nothing to write home about.... BOTH steaks were overcooked....,(unusual for two at an upper scale STEAK house) again waiting for waitress... Steaks were replaced... Manager NEVER came by...Really? Kept running out of water etc...Totally unacceptable, not worth it...Will never go back ):
- delightfuljwrocVIPDined on 3/9/2014great food and service, very comfortable booth arrangement...only draw back is that the view is a never ending stream of traffic on rte 111.....not even a glimpse of a mountainSpecial Features:
- great diningcaconnectionDined on 3/8/2014we were pleased with the quality of food, attention of wait staff and quiet setting for conversation. just what we were looking for. wait staff was very friendly and helpful. glad we chose this reassurance. would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HouseDonPVIPDined on 3/7/2014When I think of the perfect steakhouse I think of The Chop House. I have never been disappointed and only leave wondering why we don't come more often. It is perhaps not as fashionable as some but it passes every test for quality, value and service. The only negative (for which I give it four stars instead of five) is it located directly on Hwy 111 and Portola can be disconcerting visually. A minor point however. All in all, The Chop House remains one of the best kept secrets in the Coachella Valley as it never seems crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2014You cannot get a better steak cooked correctly anywhere else. The food is fresh and its just a good restaurant.Special Features:
- lamb chops which were highlyAlanVIPDined on 3/2/2014lamb chops which were highly recommended were tough and inedible. all the other restaurants seemed quite busy, this restaurant only had a couple of tables with diners. very embarrassed as I had a dinner party of 7 customers.
- Watch the Wasabi !DesertdinerDined on 3/2/2014Food excellent as usual except my Mother in Law had seared Tuna and the garnish had major Wasabi concealed in the interior! Unfortunately this brought tears to her eyes and flames to her throat! Suggest the Wasabi is placed separately to the diner can add as much as personal palate desires.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming given premium pricingJandLDined on 2/26/2014Steaks and lamb rack very good, creamed spinach only fair. Server very good but busser too eager to remove plates, bread/butter before we were done. This is a traditional dark wood steakhouse, good but not worth the exceptionally high prices.
- Was okayAmybDined on 2/23/2014It is in a strip mall and nothing very fancy. Food is okay, but very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency and qualityDesertdinerDined on 2/23/2014It may lack the chic of some steak houses, it may not be the hot bed of trendy, but, for great food and service, in a sedate and sophisticated athmosphere, you can't beat the Chop House. Prices are reasonable when compared to say Mastros, for as good a product, I struggle to choose between LGs and here, but if I'm with a 'younger' noisy crowd, I think Sullivan's provides a better ambiance though the food may be fractionally less in taste and quality but with less attentive service . I hope these comments help you choose your steak venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinner spotBobRTXDined on 2/22/2014We celebrated a special event here on a recent Saturday evening, and the food, service, wine list, and ambiance did not disappoint. My wife ordered the 6 ounce filet and I ordered the bone-in steak. Both were cooked to the perfect temperature. We also took two sides - creamed spinach and Yukon good mashed potatoes, which were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On vacation-checked out localoptionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014On vacation-checked out localoptions on line. Chop House sounded like great all round restaurant. Décor was dated/waiter not up to task/food took extremely long time to come out & staff not at all concerned or apologetic. Fish was luke warmish. Never came back until way to late to consider dessert or coffee. Located in upscale area but not upscale itself.
- Fabulous Dinner at Chop HouseGerrieDined on 2/19/2014The wine prices and selection was appropriate for all levels of taste. The menu had excellent choices, not too extensive or exhaustive. The $39 special was a great value. Our dinners were delicious: Filet, Scallops, and Salmon perfectly cooked, YUM! Our server, Brian, was fun and patient, and friendly. We asked for our seating to be changed to a booth, we were accommodated with a friendly attitude by the hostess. I can't wait to go back. Next time I will request a booth through reservations if that option is available on Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Favorite!CherylDined on 2/17/2014The Chop House Palm Desert is our favorite for special occasions! The food is excellent, and the staff are attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Really ??easytoplsDined on 2/14/2014Suppose its my fault for going out on Valentines Day, but the service was poor. One member in our party didn't order a salad he was served, returned it, then got charged for it. Both our dates were served one glass of water and never got offered a drink of any kind. When the waiter did come around, he was rude. Above and beyond all that I wouldn't care if the food was good, but I didn't try more than a bite of anything, it was the worst part of the evening. Sorry for the bad review, but I'll never go back.
- Need new waitersDanielDined on 2/14/2014The waiter made our experience a horrible one. We will not be returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Try it again laterMomzDined on 2/14/2014Made reservations for Valentine's Day - the prices were very inflated and the service was slow (as expected). Will try their regular priced menu before I dismiss itI would recommend this to a friend.
- The chop house on Valentines Day.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Had to flag down bus boy for more water. pork chops were dry without flavor. Waiter was good but very busy and not attentive. Ambience was disappointing viewing a busy street. Would not celebrate a special occasion at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Kay's reviewkaypete44Dined on 2/14/2014We come here every year just before we leave our time share, and it is always special. Excellent service, food, ambiance. Very classy place, but also comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Restaurant Good FoodCandi935VIPDined on 2/7/2014The prices are reasonable compared to other streak houses in the area. The meat was very good. We have a great table for 4 people in the back. Quiet. Service was attentive but nice. Need to keep better watch on the water glasses. I would go again.Special Features:
- Too many other great Steakhouses...FantasticVIPDined on 1/30/2014if you want really excellent food and service go to Sullivan's, LG's, or Ruth's Chris. This place is good but not great. The wedge salad was the worst I have ever had. Weird tasting dressing (and not much of it) and very sparse blue cheese crumbles (if any at all). But probably the most amusing part of our meal was the service. The gem: she served us FORKS to eat our creme brulee with.
- Food server, Leah, didn'tBillDined on 1/18/2014Food server, Leah, didn't seem to know much about the steak sauces or anything about the fish entrees. My wife and I have enjoyed dining at the Chop House many times in the past. I hope management does a better job training their food servers in the future. The Chop house isn't an LG's but it's not an Outback Steakhouse either. Somewhere in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but servicedinneroutVIPDined on 1/12/2014Food was good but service slow. It was a Sunday night and I think our waiter was covering too many bases. We will returnSpecial Features:
- High expectationsjgdinerDined on 1/9/2014We expected a dinner experience similar to Ruth Chris, Morton's or Flemings. That is a high bar. The total experience did not match our expectation. I had Fila Oscar and my wife had a pork chop. they were good but not outstanding. I felt that the waiter's assistant hovered around our table waiting an opportunity to remove a dish. I though the menu was a little limited. You can check out the menu for yourself on line. The restaurant is good and should be visited but don't compare it with the great steakhouses.
- OK, but not MemorableSteveKDined on 1/6/2014Steak was very good. The spinach was way overcooked, which was taken off the bill without question. The view out the windows was up close to the traffic on Highway 111, so the bus riders could stare straight into the restaurant. A wall or different window treatment would fix that. The staff was attentive and friendly.
- A very Good Steak HouseTomMVIPDined on 1/5/2014The desert is full of steak houses. They are all about the same with Ruth's Chris being one of the best. But, the Chop House has a niche -- it is quiet &, for a steak house, is a good value. This was one of several visits and we would continue to rate it "overall 4 Stars". As for this visit, we ordered the bone-in rib eye for two (never have tried it before). It was very generous in quantity, but not so good in quality. It was suppose to be 28-day dry aged Prime; but it was a little lite on flavor and was chewy - not good descriptors for Prime meat. The house salad was very good (caesar is better but cost a little extra, $4); the sides (fries & grilled asparagus) were excellent; the creme brûlée was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, As Always!CherylDined on 1/1/2014We almost always choose the Chop House for special occasion dinners. The food and service are the best!Special Features:
- New Year's EveKENO2Dined on 12/31/2013The food as always was outstanding but the service was a little lacking. There were many tables around our group of 4 that had New Year's Eve favors, but there was none in area near the bar. In the past we have always been seated in raised booth and I was a little peeved that we were given a table jammed in with a bunch of others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place... Cant handle crowdsTC83Dined on 12/31/2013Food was rushed. Service was lacking. I'm sure if it was not as busy it might have been better. I made the mistake of going there on New Years Eve. I think they need to be trained on how to handle bigger crowds. Good effort though.Special Features:
- GREAT NEW YEARS EVENINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013THE CHOP HOUSE IS A FAVORITE BECAUSE IT IS CONSISTANT. GOOD FOOD, LOTS OF MENU OPTIONS, GOOD SERVICE AND CLOSE TO HOME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveREDWINELOVERDined on 12/31/2013On special occasion's like New Years Eve, it is going to be a little slow, with your reservations, but we checked in and were told, it was running a little slow, and to have a seat at the Bar, and they would come get us. We got a booth as requested, and the service was very good..We were not rushed at all, and the steaks were done as requested, and very good, along with the side dishes, as well... One thing I don't like is not having your bar bill tranfered to your check... You have to pay at the bar, before your taken to your table. We have been going to the Chop House, now for over 6 yrs, and this was our 5th time for New Years Eve. You can't go wrong. It is a high end restaurant and your time there is comfortable. ENJOY YOUR DINNER...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedCalvinDined on 12/31/2013Made reservation for NYE, but still seated for dinner in the bar. Limited menu and food was poor, like the kitchen could not handle all the meals they were attempting to serve.
- never againdickersonDined on 12/31/2013Terrible service. MY order seemed to have been lost.Server and manager kept apologizing. People that arrived after we did were served and departed before we were served. After this experience, we went to the valet parkers and they could not find the car. There comment was that I gave them the wrong ticket. One of the attendants must have torn off the ticket and tossed the keys in the car. 15 minutes to find the vehicle. Bad service and lost car. Why would I ever recommend this place??????? Dickerson