205 South Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kaisergrille.com/
- Phone: 7603231003x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:30pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite or onsite catering available. Please call 760.424.6176 for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: We have semi private and private dining available, groups from 15-300.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Morcus 7604246176x
- Special Events: Private dining available. Please call 760-424-6176 for more information.
A word from Kaiser Grille
Kaiser Grille Palm Springs is a favorite downtown destination for casual upscale dining, offering seafood, steaks, chops, pizza, salads and an unbeatable Happy Hour. Fresh, top quality ingredients make each dish flavorful and healthy. We offer all natural, hormone and antibiotic free meats and organic produce wherever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kaiser Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)special occasion (15)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (10)hot spot (9)romantic (8)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Anniversary celebrationcelebrating50Dined on 3/26/2014We had an early dinner reservation in order to attend the Palm Springs Follies the evening we were at the Kaiser Grille and were pleasantly surprised to find an "early bird" special of a three course meal for $19.99. We chose the restaurant to bring our friends for a 50th anniversary gift along with the theater and were so glad we did! Food was excellent and even though only two of us chose the special, our meals were all wonderful and of good portions. Atmosphere and service was great.We will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still mediocreFormerFanVIPDined on 3/23/2014Slow service and still mediocre food at a high price for what you get.
- Satisfactory ExperienceVeryvancouverDined on 3/23/2014We had 6 PM reservations and there were 6 of us. I had requested outdoor dining and we were seated on the back patio. The action is all in the front , so our dinner was very quiet since we were alone. Service was quick and our water glasses were kept filled. My Grandson declared his Hawaiian pizza to his liking. The pasta dishes were good. The roasted chicken was a bit dry and the seafood platter, though tasty, seemed small, portion-wise. Our appetites were satisfied, but not amazingly so. Would we go back? Maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly UnimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014Service was slow on a Friday night - we had to wait 30 minutes between salad and main course. We ordered chicken and fish (the mixed grill), and both were overcooked and dry. I suspect they spent too much time under the heat lamps.Special Features:
- Very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/22/2014Everything at Kaiser Grille was solid and we especially loved the ambience here. We ordered a 5 course tasting menu with wine pairings--everything was very good with the exception of the pork chop which was a bit on the dry side. Also, the server was terrific and attentive however, when the food was a bit on the slow side coming out he blamed it on the kitchen which came across as not being too supportive of his teammates. In my book this is a no-no from a service stand point. Otherwise we loved it and would go back next time we're in Palm Springs.
- Not impressedTerrieDined on 3/21/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary, he had the Lobster Ravioli it was all dough and very little lobster, I had the Prime Rib it came overcook. I felt very rush we got our food within 5-8 minutes after ordering. From the bar we ordered a Kettle One and Seven up all you could taste was the 7up and we paid $10.00 for the drink. We are not cheap but if you are going to charge those prices then you should make it a good drink.
- large restaurant but onlyemontyDined on 3/20/2014large restaurant but only one ladies room and one mens room.....not enough....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceCindyDined on 3/20/2014Made a reservation since this was for an extremely busy Thursday night due to the weekly Villagefest. The host apologized as they were getting slammed and our table was ready after about a 20 min wait. All our meals were really tasty and our waiter was very attentive. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud party destroyed dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/15/2014Usually Kaiser Grille is one of our favorite spots. Can usually count on good food, service and you can usually have conversation with those around you. On Saturday night, an obnoxious bachlorette party ruined the entire experience. I wish the restaurant would warn patrons. Too bad. Won't go back for a while.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before Follieslove2dineDined on 3/14/2014My husband and I have been coming to Palm Springs for over 25 years and had never been to The Follies. We had heard that this would be their last season and decided to take in a show and also go for dinner. We picked the Kaiser Grill, it has a great outdoor patio and read good reviews. The service was great, the food was not, we were very disappointed. My husband had pasta and chicken, I had salmon and smashed potatoes. Both our meals were very bland no seasoning, NO TASTE. The bread was awful, rock hard, NO TASTE. We will definitely not return to you restaurant and will not recommend it, as a matter of fact while we were sitting on the patio a potential customer stopped and asked "how was the food"? we said not great.Special Features:
- Good but SlowVansDined on 3/8/2014We have eaten here several times and enjoy the experience.. The food is always good however the wait from the kitchen was over an hour so said the waiter.....we have been there for the early bird which was alot faster. It was a saturday nit but it wasn't that busy so was surprised at the long wait...we were entertaining my sister from Canada so too bad that happened....Special Features:
- Very busy nightMRileyDined on 3/7/2014We arrived for a reservation on a VERY busy night. Waited only few minutes for the requested table area. Service was amazing considering how busy the restaurant was. Our food was served in a very timely manner, all items ordered were hot and well prepared. We ordered 2 seafood entrees, the crab stuffed shrimp and the scallops, both wonderful. The butternut squash ravioli was very good, the baby back ribs were somewhat of a disappointment, but more a matter of taste than how they were prepared. Is always a pleasure, we especially like that even when very busy you can have a conversation at your table without shouting.Special Features:
- Kaiser is enjoyablediningexplorerDined on 3/5/2014We ate outside at lunch so it was very quiet. It was not crowded so it was also quiet inside. The food was good. My companion had the Kaiser Ruben and loved it. I had the crabcake salad and enjoyed it, also. In the past I have enjoyed the focaccia bread. This time it was a disappointment. I really needed olive oil for it as it tasted like regular bread, warmed. Good bread but definitely not focaccia.Special Features:
- Liked the Food, Service, and Decorrl19523Dined on 3/1/2014We scooted into Kaiser Grille at our reservation time not knowing what to expect, although any grill spelled "grille" is always suspect to us. We had a very pleasant meal and left relaxed & happy. We had theater tickets that put on a tiny bit of time pressure--no problem. Everyone wanted a different wine so we stuck to the not-bad-at-all wine-by-the-glass menu. A few in our group had the generously-sized early bird specials; others chose a la carte items: mahi mahi, kale salad (tasty though oddly paired with a sweet dressing), steak, etc.. Service was attentive but not annoying. Based on this dinner, we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can cater to gluten freeWellConnectedMomDined on 2/28/2014Our waitress was knowledgeable about celiac gluten free issues and ensured my food was not compromised. We went to Kaiser on a recommendation from our hotel that stated they could do gluten free. The food was good, but I was disappointed in the margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly a good mealcurwenVIPDined on 2/28/2014Some of the food was excellent, the service was friendly and helpful but my main course - the open steak sandwich (which admittedly I like well-done) was really difficult to cut, even with the provided steak knife so I ended up leaving most of it. My starter, Asian Ribs, by contrast was excellent. So it seems that you need to be lucky in your food choice. We'll probably try their again next time we are in Palm Springs to see if it was a one-off problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You own't be disappointedHarrryDined on 2/28/2014We made reservations for a party of fine; when we arrived we were welcomed immediately and seated in a cozy booth. Our cocktails arrived quickly and we had time to relax prior to ordering dinner.Four of us ordered from the Early Bird Menu while the fifth person just ordered an entree. We were all extremely satisfied with our food and even more satisfied with our service. Our server could not have been better: professional, knowledgeable, friendly while not 'wanting to be our friend'. All of were more more than satisfied with our dining experience. If we had one criticism, it would be that the portions were too large. Which is our common complaint about restaurants in Palm Springs as none of us are fond of doggie bags. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE KAISER GRILLEBobJudiDined on 2/27/2014THE FOOD IS CONSISTENTLY DELICIOUS AND THE SERVICE IS ALWAYS EXCELLENT. GREAT LATE NIGHT HAPPY HOUR MENU.Special Features:
- Good Choice for downtown PS.RomadinerVIPDined on 2/24/2014Kaiser Grill is in a great location on Palm Springs Blvd., the patio on the street is a great place to people watch. It can be noisy, but is tolerable. Patio heaters keep it comfortable. Inside seating is very comfortable, nice bar. The dinner special before 6:00PM is great; a 3 course meal for $19.95. We tried the Salmon and the Pork Chop (party of 2) and both were excellent. Pretty good wine list, not too expensive (as those things go). Friendly, accommodating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dinnerLuvbojiDined on 2/22/2014We really enjoy this place. Everything was great! First time getting to sit outside here and was a warn evening.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful dinner TheMattieVIPDined on 2/22/2014Had a wonderful dinner The salmon was Devine Energetic noise levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningJayDeeDined on 2/22/2014With out town guests, we had booked a table for six. Imagine our delight when we were shown to a large table with a fire-pit in its center and a view of the lively action in downtown Palm Springs. A wonderful memory for guests from Louisiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- large group for drinks appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Met with friends and our group fluctuated in numbe4s. Our server was awesome, very patient with the constant change of people. He was also very attentive to us. Service was prompt and the food was delicious. Well also had an odd drink come to the table. It was quickly replaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had a great dining experienceBuddyDined on 2/19/2014we had a great dining experience at Kaiser's. It was necessary for us to eat early and we found that they had a terrific early bird menu. The food was delicious and plentiful. We sat outside, and that is why the noise level was up. We definitely will go there again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific outdoor diningOldFinnVIPDined on 2/18/2014Unique and tasty pizza combinations. Very efficient and friendly service. Calamari was excellent--very light breading and not over-cooked. Convenient location on Palm Canyon Dr.Special Features:
- A memorable time with friendsawesmosesDined on 2/17/2014Friends in from Germany. Took to my favorite spot in Palm Springs. Couldn't locate our reservation through Open Table, which was booked over 24 hours ago. But no problem, the delightful hostess didn't miss a beat and we got the outside table I had booked. Less than a minute our waitress was there, we ordered drinks that appeared as quickly as our meal. We couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. Bravo! Kaiser Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice fine for lunch andsamdeeVIPDined on 2/17/2014A nice fine for lunch and sitting outside people watching in downtown Palm Springs. Food was enjoyed by all with some nice creations for lunch. Service could have been more attentive, but a good fine for breakfast or lunch while shopping in downtown PSP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value!RosaDined on 2/15/2014Good food at a good price! Energetic spot with a good ambience.Special Features:
- early dinner specialyummytummyDined on 2/15/2014The early dinner special is really a great deal. We lucked out and got a patio table on the outside edge of the patio. My husband and I both had prime rib so that added $4 to the 19.95 special. For $23.95 we had soup or salad, entree, vegetables, potatoes and dessert. I had the wedge salad with ranch since I am not a fan of blue cheese and it was fabulous - chunks of bacon were perfectly cooked. My husband had the lobster bisque soup and enjoyed it. The prime rib was a very generous portion and the potatoes were yummy. We both decided on the raspberry creme brûlée since so many people had said it was really good - it was! I have to admit the mango sorbet was very tempting as well. We'd certainly dine there again if in Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We have never had a bad meal or appetizer at Kaiser Grille. It's our number one choice for dining downtown Palm Springs. Especially love the outdoor dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kaiser Grill Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Once again the meal at Kaiser Grill was impressive . The scallops were done perfect and the Ney York Strip steak my wife had was done quite nice . The only issue for Valentines Day was the menu ! It was designed and reduced for the evening which left out some of there best items . The staff was on point and professional as always . Overall this location with it 's modern décor and location make it a must in the desert ! Chuck ZonesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day dinnermonkeyDined on 2/14/2014Service was great, food was good would go again on a quieter night. Split pea soup was great!Special Features:
- Nice mealJosRadDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had a nice meal at Kaiser on Valentine's Day night. The food was good and the service was attentive and friendly. So, a 'nice' evening - but not excellent. Drawbacks: the wine list is unimpressive and the atmosphere as busy and noisy.
- went for valentine"s dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014went for valentine"s dinner. Had a reservation, seated right away, very friendly waitress,good food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was chewy but had goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Steak was chewy but had good flavor. Wife loved the lobster bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ordered tenderloin "wellsnooppyDined on 2/14/2014We ordered tenderloin "well done" it arrived medium at bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great valentine's day dinnermaggieDined on 2/14/2014Four of us dined at Kaiser Grille and all of us were very impressed. From the greeting at the front door until the moment we left, everything was impressive. Our server was exceptional. There if you needed something but not intrusive. The food was excellent. Wonderful experience and for sure we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoKoRoKoDined on 2/13/2014Made reservations on line and asked for a semi private table. Gentleman who initially assisted us was very hospitable they couldn't find our reservations at first and when they did they could not find the details. He did assure us that he would take care of us and that he would seat us outdoors. The young man he instructed to seat us seemed irritable and reluctant in doing so made the comment I have to seat another party first. I understood they were quite busy but even when he went to seat us his demeanor was far from being hospitable:( Our waitress was wonderful and very hospitable and my husband enjoyed his meal and for the first time I was disappointed in my entrée was very dry and no sauce. I hope to have a better experience next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Staple of Downtown Palm SpringsKimperDined on 2/12/2014We recently treated friends to dinner at Kaiser Grille and it did not disappoint us. Even on the busy terrace, it did not seem overly noisy and the service was charming. The food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDRodDined on 2/8/2014We chose Kaiser Grill off of the Visit Palm Spings website, based on happy hour and food menu. We were very happy we did. Food, serviice, and atmosphere was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.