Border Grill - Las Vegas
3950 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Mandalay Bay Resort
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Border Grill - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bordergrill.com/
- Phone: 7026327403x
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday - Beginning at 11:00 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(in addition to the full Lunch menu)
Everyday - Beginning at 4 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chris Keating
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: BORDER GRILL CATERING: Looking for off-site catering? Whether it’s a wedding, birthday, or holiday cocktails, we’ll bring the party to your chosen location. Call today for an unforgettable party! 702.632.7540
- Special Events: Become a Border Grill VIP and get all the info about special events like our popular Tequila Tasting Dinners! Ask a manager how to join our exclusive Border Grill VIP Club.
A word from Border Grill - Las Vegas
Welcome to the vibrant, modern Mexican restaurant overlooking the Lazy River just off Mandalay Beach, where Chefs Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger, Food Network’s “Too Hot Tamales”, want nothing more than to spice up your day. With two floors of patio dining, this hip, urban cantina is the perfect setting for sipping margaritas and savoring the bold flavors of Mexico while enjoying views of the beach and pool.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Border Grill - Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Mandalay Bay Resort ›
Border Grill - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)great for outdoor dining (79)great for brunch (63)good for groups (63)great for lunch (59)special occasion (30)hot spot (25)scenic view (23)kid-friendly (17)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (7)late-night find (7)notable wine list (1)Show More
- fun, tasty, great drink selection!ksgshmoopsVIPDined on 7/1/2014Great outdoor seating overlooking the lazy river. Delicious guacamole, steak salad was perfect on a hot day. So many interesting drink concoctions with and without alcohol! Will definitely be back, especially for dinner since that is the only time they apparently have mole sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the worst overall meals!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/29/2014This was our second time to dine at this restaurant. The first time was amazing so we were so excited to return for brunch. When we arrived we were seated in a room down stairs that was out of the way, not the main dining room on the first floor. After we were sat it took about 15 minutes for our server to arrive. We promptly ordered our first round of drinks and food. Almost 1 hour passed and our server came back by to ask us how the food was thus far, problem was we had not gotten any of it yet just a couple of slices of bread. A few minutes later the food came out and it was all ice cold! At this point we had been there an hour and all we had was 2 pieces of breakfast bread and some cold food. I do not recommend this brunch.
- Outstanding brunchJennygrlDined on 6/29/2014The brunch was excellent we tried 90 percent of the items on the brunch list. The small plates Were beautifully sized and the food was amazing. There was literally nothing from the menu we didn't love. I am a foodie and can honestly say this was one of the most delicious meals we had in Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch SpotBorderBrunchDined on 6/29/2014My friend and I hit up Border Grill Las Vegas before we got on our flights home to LA. I had looked up several brunch spots on the strip and this one won us over due to its low price and all you can eat small plates. We ended up having a great waitress and the food was fantastic and fast. We left an "all you can eat" area not feeling overly full and I will be recommending this spot to any of my friends who are in the Vegas area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Mexican FoodzonniebucketsDined on 6/28/2014Went here late after arriving at the hotel. It took a little while to see a server once we were seated, but after that, the server was very attentive. We enjoyed the chips and variety of salsa. My wife loved her short ribs enchiladas. I had the fish tacos, two deep fried and one grilled. The deep fried ones were amazing. The grilled one was well cooked, but lacked flavor. Overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Wanted to love itluckylady2Dined on 6/28/2014I was just disappointed in the food flavors and quality overall. The Enchiladas had no flavor and the steak quesadillas were over cooked.
- Not what we expectedUjust8Dined on 6/28/2014We made reservations here because we had not been able to find a decent Mexican restaurant in Las Vegas. We thought the Border Grill has to be good. It was mediocre at best. Brown, plastic table clothes; tables right next to outdoor storage. Tortillas seemed to be made out of store bought pie dough. But the Margarita were the worst! We wanted to send them back but didn't want to make a fuss in front of our grandchildren. We will never go here again.
- Great food, blazing hot outsidebtravis311VIPDined on 6/28/2014We've always really enjoyed our trips to Border Grill at the Mandalay Bay Casino. Their Mexican food is legitimately great. Inventive dishes and attentive service. My only complaint this trip is that, even though we had a reservation, Border Grill was only willing to seat our party of 5 outside in the 100° heat. It was absolutely brutal out there. Lest this happen to you, let me recommend you eat at Burger Bar if you're visiting Mandalay in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGradey9Dined on 6/28/2014I have only eaten brunch at Border Grill. Tons of selections, all delicious. I love the option of adding unlimited Mimosas. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1104 reviews are from the Border Grill - Las Vegas reviews archive.
- Okay ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014The downstairs and outdoor patio looked cool, but it was closed when I dined for dinner. Food was nothing exciting. I'd seen advertisements for the cookbook that said Hot Tamales and I thought they actually had Tamales on the menu. My mistake, they had something called a tamale, which was more like corn pudding (southern style) wrapped up nicely in a corn husk. My 2 yr liked it! My fish tacos were over cooked. I actually had to leave the restaurant and go down stairs in to a ballroom to use the bathroom. Ugh. The elevator was broken in the restaurant and I entered from the pool level at Mandalay Bay so I ended up carrying my stroller up the stairs. The wait staff was really nice but I wouldn't dine again here.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014We loved the food. Fresh and very tasty. The only drawback was the margarita; very expensive for the small size.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Service, Roasted on PatioTeriTravelsDined on 6/22/2014Food was average. Waiter recommended a margarita with jalapeño to one in our group and it was so hot it made our lips go numb. We got seated on the patio and it was 100 degrees in the shade. Waiter took 25 minutes to bring our check as we sat and sweatSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014I made a mistake on the Open table reservation and the host graciously accomodated our larger party. Our server was very nice. The guacamole was excellent. Fresh and flavorful. However, overall, the meal was average and overpriced. I had grilled fish tacos that were fresh but bland (no) flavor. Another guest had kobe beef tacos that she described texture as slimy. Not sure what that means but not appetizing. Another guest had short rib special and said it was delicious. The pork was delicious as well.Special Features:
- divaVIPDined on 6/19/2014Did not live up to the hype. Food mediocre, service good, drinks so-so.
- Dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2014Came in for our anniversary there was a small card placed on a table saying happy anniversary very sweet! Our server was very nice and attentive! Great food and we had a great time.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/18/2014I love the food at Border Grill and in past visits we have had great service as well. But this time the service was terrible. We arrived on time for our reservation and were quickly seated, but then no one visited our table for over 10 minutes (no water, no chips, no server). Once our server arrived we immediately ordered some Guac, which is great, but the Guac was delivered after our main courses came out and the chips were mostly gone. My drink was gone halfway through my meal and not refilled until after my meal was gone. Very slow and unapologetic service.
- Best Dinner We Had in Vegas!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/17/2014My husband and I had been to a few other restaurants on prior days. We were worried because our food experience so far had been disappointing. But then there was Border Grill ..it was AWESOME. Best Carnitas and those sweet corn tamales made this Southern gal proud.Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedswd99208Dined on 6/15/2014I was disappointed. Our first table was broken, the top was not properly attached to the base and it rocked. We asked to move. The food was cold and while most items were good, the temp of the food took away a great dining experience. We had to ask for coffee refills each time, I was surprised and disappointed with my overall experience.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014My favorite weekend brunch in Vegas. Going with a group of people works perfectly for trying the complete menu. The accompanying mimosas are perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch Mexican reatarauntsKYdiner71VIPDined on 6/11/2014Try to go everytime I'm in Las Vegas. One of the best Mexican restaurants I've ever been toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time BackTallkimDined on 6/10/2014This was our second time back on our second trip back in less than one year. We could not wait to get to the Border Grill again and our second visit did not disappoint. The food and service were top notch while being reasonably priced. Love the watermelon-jalapeno margarita and the guacamole is to die for. Next time in Vegas we will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Brunch is perfect! Small plates!AddyDined on 6/8/2014Love the little plate brunch! Out of the 21 small plates available, my daughter and I managed to finish 9 of them!Special Features:
- Still at the very top of my list!!!aliceDined on 6/7/2014I always dine at Border during trips to Sin City and wouldn't have it any other way. I love the food, the service is outstanding, and who can beat dining on the little outdoor patio?! I had the Tecate Carnitas. I would like them buy the gallon next time. Seriously. I also had the corn tamales which i would eat by the dozen. I always have an amazing dinner here, it's not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bunch again.....LUVLASDined on 6/7/2014This time we had brunch with a group of 5. Our server suggested we do family style as we would get our food faster. It was a great suggestion as we all shared and our food came out pretty quickly.Special Features:
- Nice Brunch!mommahodgesDined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed a Saturday morning brunch outside. The small plates are great for trying new things, and the choices on the menu were unique and tasty!Special Features:
- Decent food, slow serviceTravellingTillyDined on 6/6/2014Ordered the Sautéed Scallops & Shrimp and Chicken Mole Verde for dinner. Both meals were pretty good, the shrimp and scallops was the better of the two. Service started out okay but towards the end of the meal it wasn't great. I probably wouldn't return but overall it was a decent meal.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/6/2014Staff was very attentive and they even took us earlier than our reservation. Our waiter was outstanding and even suggested some food items as well. Would definitely recommend to everyone!!!Special Features:
- Pre showPjs1Dined on 6/6/2014Ate before a concert in the Event Center. Very convinient. The Margaritas were pricey and NOT very potent. Try adding some tequila please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Find!HappyLocalDinerDined on 6/6/2014I'm so happy I found this great dining place! I can't wait to take my out of town guests to enjoy the great menu selection and the FRESH taste of South of the Border cuisine. The waitstaff was friendly, knowledgeable and VERY customer oriented, including the hostesses. I've already made my menu selections for the next visit, and then the third visit! :-) I am so looking forward to my return! Truly I loved the restaurant as did my guest. The convenience of the making a reservation online was terrific! A first for me and I will definitely make online reservations again! It was the web site for South of the Border that caught my attention.Special Features:
- Decent Mexican on the LV StripChewiesPetDined on 6/5/2014We did not have a car during stay in LV and when we craved Mexican our hotel concierge recommended two places; Border Grill inside Mandalay Bay and the Pink Taco inside the Hard Rock Hotel. We went with the Border Grill and were not disappointed. Service was a bit uneven at the outset but worked out OK. The food was very good; fresh, tasty and plated nicely. We enjoyed the tuna crudo, grilled skirt steak and the gaucho steak (a nice, flavorful ribeye cut). Accompanied with the classic mojito and crisp seasonal summer ale and it made for a fine meal altogether. Grab a table outside and enjoy the sunset and nice breeze generated from the fan above your head!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to it's reputationPhantomCDined on 6/3/2014For a celebrity chef restaurant, the food really lived up to its name. I had a burrito served enchilada style, and it was absolutely excellent. I was offered a discount at my very first meal, and given a club card to the other locations....which I will most definitely take advantage of. I wanted first class Mexican food, and that is what I got.Special Features:
- Food and service very good as usualRobinVIPDined on 6/2/2014I was happy to see a lobster enchilada on the special daily menu. I liked the taste of the dish, although I wished that it would have had more lobster in it and tasted like seafood instead of tasting like an Indian pea and potato samosa.Special Features:
- Special food requestSpiceoflifeofmexicoDined on 6/1/2014Every special item requested was done to perfection. Vegetarian food needs were taken care off without hesitation. Quality of food was excellent. Really enjoyed waiters attention to details. My favorite Mexican food place in VegasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!lulucahanDined on 5/31/2014I've been to the Border Grill many times for three good reasons - the food is consistently excellent, the service is great and the location works for me when I'm working or attending a conference at Mandalay Bay.Special Features:
- Border Grill-Las VegasCarolinaGitlDined on 5/28/2014We were very pleased with our dining experience at Border Grill. The service was great and the view was very nice and pleasant on the patio. The food was exceptional and the full entrees are huge. We could have split one entree and had plenty to eat. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for an enjoyable South American meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPPOINTING!DelboxDined on 5/27/2014We researched the restaurant and chose it for my wife's 55th birthday celebration - as we were resident in the Mandalay Bay. However, despite having booked, from the moment we arrived downstairs it was clear that this was going to be memorable for the wrong reasons! Ignored by those staff who passed us by in the lower area, we walked upstairs and had to seek a host - although the restaurant was not busy. Although they knew it was a celebratory meal, we were hidden in a corner, service was tardy, uniformed and wholly lacklustre. Our meal was over in less than an hour, because the service was rushed and less than pleasant, and it was difficult to get our check at the end. All in all, for us, one to be avoided!
- OdfgwtfVIPDined on 5/25/2014We went both days, brunch, Saturday and Sunday, do not miss this! $10 bottomless mimosas right next to the pool!
- Well, it's not LA goodtimberVIPDined on 5/23/2014Disappointed. Zero ambience, looks like a repurposed conference room or gift shop, a boring, sad little space. Service was strong and food was delicious but for Strip prices, dress it up. Have dined at Border Grill LA and Santa Monica and done 5 star reviews--at Street, too. Border Grill, Mandalay Bay doesn't deserve more than a big "it's ok".
- VERY Celiac friendlyBlindpigggDined on 5/23/2014Nearly everything on the menu is marked as gluten free and the waitress told me that almost anything else can be modified to be gluten free. I was a little disappointed in the Wagyu beef sopes appetizer. I think there were 3 tiny pieces of beef on them. It was, however, tasty. I ordered the Pork en Mole as my entree. I had never had mole before because it generally isn't GF. There had to be a pound of delicious, fall-apart tender pork on the plate, along with 2 huarache stuffed with cheese and chorizo. Then there was the refried black beans, rice and guacamole. Absolutely amazing. My girlfriend ordered the sautéed shrimp and scallops and was still raving about it the next day. Border Grill is definitely a restaurant I would return to.Special Features:
- Not what you expect ...FineDinerVIPDined on 5/21/2014When we made our reservations, we thought we would be pool side to eat and watch some lively activities. Instead we ended up in a fairly closed room with a small view of the outside. Actually, not quite what we were expecting.