Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw
620 Chastain Rd
Kennesaw, GA 30144Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ruthschris.net/reservations/kennesaw/
- Phone: 7704201985x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Adrian Whitaker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth's Chris and treat your special guests to an unforgettable dining experience. Here you will find a wide array of information to help guide you through your event planning process at our restaurants located in metropolitan Atlanta, Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama, and Columbia, Greenville, and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
It will be our pleasure to host your next party, meeting or banquet. To learn how, just visit us at: http://ruthschris.net/private_dining
- Private Party Facilities: Delectable. Intimate. Impressive.
Experience the sensation of private dining at Ruth’s Chris and treat your special guests to unforgettable dining for your next business gathering, family celebration, or anything in between.
- Private Party Contact: Carlie Florence 770-659-6109x
- Entertainment: PRIME TIME MENU
Enjoy a full 3-course meal including your choice of soup or salad, an entree, a personal side and your choice of dessert starting at $42.00 (plus tax and gratuity). Offered daily until 6:30 PM. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primetime
HALF-OFF PRIME BITES DURING RUTH'S HOUR
Ruth's Chris is thrilled to offer our Prime Bites Bar Menu with half-priced bar menu items during special Ruth's Hours. To view details, go to: http://ruthschris.net/primebites
- Special Events: Visit us at http://ruthschris.net/events to view our special menus and events.
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw
Ruth's Chris Steak House is internationally acclaimed as "The Home of Serious Steaks." The award-winning menu features USDA Prime Midwestern beef - aged to perfection, broiled at 1800 degrees and served the signature Ruth's Chris way ... SIZZLING ... so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from the first to the very last bite. Mouthwatering fresh seafood, lamb, and stuffed chicken breast are equally as outstanding. Enjoy New Orleans inspired appetizers like Barbecued Shrimp and Mushrooms Stuffed with Crabmeat. Salads, vegetables and potatoes are generous enough to share. Top it all off with a delectable Ruth's Chris signature dessert: Warm Apple Crumb Tart, Chocolate Sin Cake, or the classic Creme Brulee. And, to complement your dining experience, Ruth's Chris wine list boasts over 175 select vintages. This is one big, thick, juicy experience that is sure to be memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw - Best Restaurants in Kennesaw ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Kennesaw reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)romantic (25)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- disappointed nellyunhappygirl2Dined on 8/18/2013We've been dining at Ruths Chris for years for dinner - our favorite place in the world!!! Tried it for lunch the other day - totally and utterly disappointed!!! 2 people $135 for a limited menu - We both knew what we wanted before we got there - it was unavailable - everything but the filet and deserts. Waiter was unaccommodating.. no substitutions either. My husband got seared scallops for $30 and there was three little scallops and had to finish my dinner because he felt like he was having his dinner as an appetizer. Very Very Disappointed and will NEVER EVER EVER eat there for lunch again! DISAPPOINTED NELLY!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth"s Criss SteaksDaveDined on 8/16/2013My wife and I and our daughter and her husband dined there last Friday The food was superb and was the service. Our server was extremely knowedgeable about everything on the menu. I highly reccommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I celebrated my birthday andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2013I celebrated my birthday and the experience was amazing. The whole staff was professional and friendly. I will definetly be back at this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ExperienceDanMDined on 8/3/2013This was my wife and I fist experience with Ruth Chris. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris is the best!kbozem11Dined on 7/25/2013Fantastic food & service! I have never been disappointed with any part of my meal her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedWaltDined on 7/8/2013I was really looking for an outstanding dining experience to cele berate our 58th wedding anniversary but was deeply disappointed by the taste and quality of my filet steak. I have eaten at a Ruth Chris Restaurant a number of times all over the US and was always impresses with your steaks. However, this time I believe Long Horn would have been a better choice. My wife seemed to enjoy her steak but this was her first Ruth Chris experience so she had nothing to compare it with a previous experience.
- Not good enough for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2013The food was good, but I was expecting exquisite. It was nothing I couldn't make at home. (I have been told I am a good cook, but if my food taste better than this restaraunt I should be getting paid to cook!) Service was great. I did not like how people staying at the hotel were allowed to walk through the restaraunt. It was loud and obnoxious and made me uncomfortable eating. I probably will not go back unless invited by someone else only because of the price.
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2013The Filet I ordered had to be by far the best steak I have ever had. It was cooked and seasoned to perfection. Well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for KennesawGoBreckGAmanDined on 6/22/2013Nice to have a highend rest here in NE Atl, good food, great for special occ, nice to be able to make a reservation in short notice, nice staff, plus in a great hotel that helped people during the Ice Storm last year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoveringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2013I have been to Ruth Chris before (in other big cities) as I travel a lot for both work and pleasure. As a special occasion, I took my father and several of his friends to Ruth Chris. I think the food is excellent, but found the staff to be hovering. I have found this to be the case at several of the locations. It felt like they were trying to up the bill. Overall, I feel the food is overpriced and while the steaks are very good, they are not that much better than other steak houses. For the cost, all sides should be included. I found the choices of water at the beginning of the meal annoying. Just bring water and don't try to sell us water. I found the ipad use for the drinks menu also annoying. Why not the ipad for the entire meal.Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2013For the price, you expect more than what you might get at Longhorn. It was good, but not $50/pp good.
- Never had a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2013I love Ruth's Chris! The hosts/hostesses are always friendly and welcoming. I usually prefer to grill a steak at home but we go there for our birthdays and anniversaries and the steaks are always superb! I have never had to send a meal back because it was over or under cooked. I rarely can finish a filet but I never seem to have a problem finishing my meal here. The sides are delicious and large enough for sharing. Wonderful ambiance - not noisy - easy to have table conversation. This is our "go to" restaurant for steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great Food and ServiceTomplusenoughlettersDined on 6/9/2013As we expected, Ruth's Chris delivered a great meal with a great level of service. Ruth's Chris is as dependable as restaurants come, regardless of where you visit one. Our default, go-to, nice steak dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotDrTrinaDined on 6/9/2013Our waiter was very nice and friendly. I understand that she has been working at Ruth Chris for years! Great experience. One that we didn't have to drive downtown Atlanta to receive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013Food was very good, as expected when you pay a little more. Our server was fantastic and our service was surprisingly fast. However we were not rushed at any point. I took my wife there for our 2 year anniversary and the hostess and server both congratulated us. Steaks were cooked perfect. I would definitely go back to this Ruth's Chris location. It was a great overall experience for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!JessiBelleDined on 6/8/2013It was our first time there and we will definitely be back. The food was to die for and the service was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT AS EXPECTEDconradarDined on 5/25/2013We have been to this Ruth Chris before. The service was ok. I spilled a class of water on the table and no one ever came over to offer assistance. My steak was good, but the wife said her chicken was terrible. We will not be coming back anytime soon.
- One Improvement NeededdineoutDined on 5/15/2013Food, as always, outstanding! Service by waiter was not the best for a restaurant of this type. I believe they were very busy but that should not be the problem of the guests. Our waiter was very nice , just not that attentive. We were three women and I do not think we received the same degree of service a group with men received. I always tip 18-20% but I believe some waiters do not think women will tip as well as men & therefore, do not deliver the same level of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing at Mother' DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Restaurant was complete out of chicken for any of their dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a delightful experience.........robertDined on 5/9/2013the seating was immediate upon arrival right in accordance with our reservation..........and the hostess recognized my wife's birthday that was noted on the reservation, was impressed..........(hostess was Allison as was our waitress)................
- Very disappointing for anOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2013Very disappointing for an upscale 1st class Steak House. We had a late reservation and arrived on time, but were told to cool it in the lounge until our table was ready. After 15 minutes we walked past 20+ empty tables to our seats. Waitress was seemingly unwilling to do anything beyond deliver what was on the menu (for example we asked to add an extra shrimp (and charge us for the add on) to the shrimp cocktail so that each of the five of us would have one, but were told that "they keep a close eye on that & they come packaged in groups of four - really?) Long delay between the salad and the main course, and one of the sides (Au Gratin potatoes) was ice cold. Steaks were very tasty which salvaged the meal.
- Staff was friendly and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Staff was friendly and service was good, not perfect. Failure to notice empty glasses during the meal was evident more than once.I had 8 in my party. Food was good but not memorable. The table configuration was horrible. Tables were not properly leveled by staff before we were seated and my plate was 1/2 inch lower on right side. I sat where the 2 tables were joined to avoid my guests having this experience.
- Excellent food in a pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Excellent food in a pleasant setting. Manager's candor in handling a service glitch was appreciated. We'd return because we assume the service error will not reoccur.Special Features:
- It's the only decent steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/11/2013It's the only decent steakhouse within 10 miles and they do a good job. It's close to Kennesaw State and Town Center Mall so hopefully it will continue to thrive.Special Features:
- Exceptional Steaks & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/10/2013The Filet and Fried Lobster Tail were exceptional! The service was outstanding! I love that it's so close to my home, too!!Special Features:
- Stellar meal with impeccablefoodieDined on 4/5/2013Stellar meal with impeccable service... In particular the filet was exceptional: tender, flavorful, cooked to perfection and with quick presentation which kept the sizzling filet's heat. In reviewing meals at other upscaled steaks houses around the country, this Ruth's Chris scored higest marks.Special Features:
- We are only able to visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013We are only able to visit Ruth's Chris once or twice a year, but they have proven themselves worth it.Special Features:
- The food was great, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/30/2013The food was great, service was good but a little slow for the restaurant/expectations. My wife got the lobster (happened to be the last one available) and it was huge - but was prepared perfectly. The butter came out later, seems to ahve been forgotten, and since lobster cools off quickly that was a slight issue, but overall things worked out fine.Special Features:
- The food was very good. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013The food was very good. It was expensive and I am not sure that the cost was in line. We had a gift certificate which off-set the cost, so it was great for us. I would not go back without a gift certificate.Special Features:
- Service was exceptionallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2013Service was exceptionally slow and has been in the past at this location. I don't think it's the wait staff, I think there's something else going on in term of throughput. They need to examine their processes.Special Features:
- We got to the restaurant onOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2013We got to the restaurant on time, but our Open Table reservation could not be found. we waited 10 minutes to be seated. Once we were seated, we felt rushed. The food was fair to good, but certainly did not reflect the prices. I frequent Morton's and Capital Grille and other steak house restaurants across the U. S., as I travel for business almost every week. Ruth Chris, although comparably priced, does not live up to the same standard of excellence.
- Awesome memoryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013It was what I had hoped for in a Ruth's Chris restaurant. Since my husband had never been there, I wanted his birthday dinner to be special, I thought/hoped he would be surprised and would enjoy the wonderful steaks/experience and he did! ThanksSpecial Features:
- The night's dining was excellent,JLPORTERNSXDined on 3/9/2013The night's dining was excellent, as we have come to expect at Ruth's Chris. The food, wind and dessert were fantastic as usual. Our wait staff was also very professional and attentive to our needs. I have just one suggestion regarding the Kennesaw location as I have encountered this particular situation twice as of late. When the hotel the restaurant is located in is hosting private functions the parking at that hotel is completely consumed. This forces Ruth's Chris customers to park across the street behind the hotel and restaurant and walk back to the hotel, enter through the hotel rear doors and walk through the hotel event hosting ballroom area. When this occurs Ruth's Chris should consider setting up valet car parking service.Special Features:
- This location needs help.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2013as several attempts to dine a this Ruth Chris location they just can't seem to get it right.
- Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013This was mine and my husband’s first visit to Ruth Chris, we went for our 22nd Yr Aniv. Personally I feel that the food was entirely too expensive and the steak was not melt in my mouth delicious on top of that all the sides were al la carte - on top of a $40 steak - get real. I would have been just as happy going to Outback for a quarter of the cost. My favorite item was the Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake. Service was very good.Special Features:
- OverratedMercergirlDined on 2/16/2013The food was pretty good, but not what everyone has raved about. We've certainly had better fillets for the money.
- Valentines Day, 2 days late..OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/16/2013It was delicious, though pricey. Really loved the extensive wine list and the wine we chose for dinner. Lex our server was amazingly perfect! She seemed to know when we wanted something and was there! Thank you, Lex! It was a pleasure. Saw families and lots of couples, had the Oscar sauce on my ribeye and it was amazing! I could have eaten that in a bowl and been happy, calories be darned! Sides were superb, and so was dessert. We shared and it was perfect as was the French pressed coffee... I will,next time, get a smaller steak, and have an appetizer and more sides, but it was well worth the price, so, it is a special occasion place for us!Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The food and service were outstanding. It was a bit crowded (but to be expected on Valentines Day), however, we were treated very special. We were seated promptly and dinner came quickly. Excellent meal.Special Features:
- Valentine's victimMattDined on 2/14/2013So this is the last time we dine out on Valentines Day. Every restaurant packs 'em in hoping for a big killing. Ruth's Chris was no exception. They easily has three times as many tables as usual. We tried the Lobster Bites appetizer and found them to be mostly breading and very little lobster. When we brought this to our waiter's attention it was taken off our bill. For our steak we ordered the Porterhouse for two, our favorite at Ruth's Chris. Very average. I think they were just throwing stuff on the grill and getting them out as quick as possible, not near the quality we are used to. But, it was our fault trying to find quality on Valentines Day. Next year we stay home.
- Always Delicious. Steaks areAE529Dined on 2/1/2013Always Delicious. Steaks are top notch and come out on 500 degree plates, crabcakes are to die for, staff makes sure you are WELL taken care of.Special Features: