Chart House Restaurant - Golden Nugget - Las Vegas
129 East Fremont Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101Neighborhood:
The Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Chart House Restaurant - Golden Nugget - Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chart-house.com/
- Phone: 7023868364x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Chart House Restaurant - Golden Nugget - Las Vegas
The 75,000 gallon aquarium is the centerpiece at the sleek Las Vegas Chart House, located in the Golden Nugget's brand new Rush Tower. If you’re looking for the heart & soul of Vegas, this is it - located on famous Fremont Street in downtown. Since 1961, Chart House has been dedicated to providing the ideal dining experience. With 29 historic, waterfront & showcase locations across the U.S., Chart House offers spectacular views & exceptional service that you’re sure to enjoy. From seafood specialties to succulent steaks, our renowned chefs have tailored a menu to complement local cuisine while introducing a hint of the exotic. Choose from our famous entrées such as Macadamia Crusted Mahi & our Slow Roasted Prime Rib, or indulge in one of our daily fresh fish selections. We offer an extensive collection of fine wines & decadent desserts like our famous Hot Chocolate Lava Cake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Chart House Restaurant - Golden Nugget - Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino ›
Chart House Restaurant - Golden Nugget - Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (36)scenic view (30)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (18)notable wine list (13)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- The tables were too closeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010The tables were too close together. It was a little pricey compared to equal restaurants probably because it was in a casino. Food was less than imaginative and all the dishes seemed to use the same 5 ingredients however it was very tasty. Service was competent but not what I was expecting.Special Features:
- Went to this restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Went to this restaurant with my wife for our 5th anniversary celebration and overall the food was good, but the service was horrible. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone until the service was greatly improved. Had to wait forever to get our food and we never did receive the dessert we ordered!! Was not impressed with this restaurant for what it will cost you to eat here!!!
- Sadly not the Chart HousemarymDined on 2/14/2010Sadly not the Chart House of the 70's and 80's. Gone is the great food and super value. Now it's just another high priced steak house with tiny portions and overpriced oversized salads and sides.Special Features:
- We had a great time. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010We had a great time. Everything was perfect. We had the best waiter possible.Special Features:
- Entirely too noisy. Couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Entirely too noisy. Couldn't hear the server describe featured item. Tables jammed close together. Space much too small for this restaurant. Crying baby. Bad experience for Valentines Day. Food was very good though.
- My experience was not ok...wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010My experience was not ok...was not impressed...very noisy inside as the music was so loud that people had to talk louder just to be able to communicate.I had made reservations ""3 weeks" in advance and asked for a table near the aquarium...we were given a table as far away as possible in the back corner to the entrance of the kitchen..so not only was restaurant noisy we had to put up with all employees going to kitchen...not very romantic....i had even mentioned we could wait at the bar til one was ready...there is more to the story but it would not matter anyway...Would i go back?...no
- My meal was wonderful. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010My meal was wonderful. My husband mentioned his fish was a little undercooked but chose not to say anything until he spent the evening with stomach cramps. The ambiance was wonderful, we had a table against the fish tank and enjoyed watching the fish swim by and took several photos.
- The Chart House was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2010The Chart House was very good. We used to go to the location in San Diego and this was far better than we remembered. Our server, Amanda, was OUTSTANDING!Special Features:
- For a first impression itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2010For a first impression it was not good. It was not all bad, but definitely did not leave with the excitement of wanting to dine again soon. I will say that the waiter was nice and overall the staff was courteous. The problem that effected me most was the special accomodations. It was presented in a tacky manner, and there was a very long delay between finishing our dinner and presenting the accepted "surprise",I was being provided other options for such accomodations as I was parking to enter the restaurant and the request was made at the same time as the reservations (go figure). The food was not as I expected. Everything up until the serving of the main course was fine. After that I was not excited about being there.Special Features:
- So far, dinner has been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/8/2010So far, dinner has been better than lunch. The kitchen seems VERY slow at lunch, and my crab cake was overcooked, and my chocolate lava cake wasn't hot. Neither of which have been the case at dinner.
- Atmosphere was very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2010Atmosphere was very nice. We sat right next to the large fish tank. The food however, lacked taste. The sauces for the seafood were bland. The NE chowder was watery and the clerey in the soup was undercooked. The main entree (mixed grill) was not as tasty as I wanted.
- Bartender was very informativeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/6/2010Bartender was very informative and friendly and the drinks were very good. The food was great but it took over an hour to get our entree (it was just the 2 of us). I do plan on going back again and hope that our food is brought to us in a timely manner.Special Features:
- Outstanding service especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2010Outstanding service especially our waiter who was great.Special Features:
- We had a fantastic waiter,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/3/2010We had a fantastic waiter, along with all the other staff that was always there for what we needed. Fantastic food for celebrating my husband's birthday.Special Features:
- Spectacular setting! The hugeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2010Spectacular setting! The huge aquarium as the center piece of the restaurant is fascinating and adds to the dining experience. Our food selections were scrumptious and the Charthouse is now definitely on our top restaurants list.Special Features:
- The restaurant is very beautifullyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/30/2010The restaurant is very beautifully appointed and the huge salt water aquarium is mesmerizing. We both ordered martinis and they were nothing special. My beet salad was beautifully presented and delicious. I would definitely order it again. However, our entrees of salmon and Chilean Sea Bass were awful. The salmon was dry and not flavorful and the sea bass was thin and very oily. Actually, I don't believe it was "Chilean" sea bass. The saffron risotto was very bland. I would not recommend either entree. For what we paid, it was a disappointing meal.Special Features:
- Although the food was outstanding,bluejacket23Dined on 1/26/2010Although the food was outstanding, the ambiance was less than I expected. There are too many tables cramped into the room. DEFINITELY NOT for a romantic evening.
- We were so excited to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2010We were so excited to eat at the new Chart House, was looking for a nice quiet romantic meal, only to be so disappointed with the service, the food, and was so noisy you could hardly talk to each other. Would NOT go back or recomend this to anyone.Special Features:
- We live near downtown andJasperDined on 1/22/2010We live near downtown and are very happy about this new addition to our neighbohood. It is accessible, and has an open, comfortable feeling (for a casino restaurant). The food was good, the menu a wide ranging medley of favorites. The service was really excellent. We had a very enjoyable evening and plan on making Charthouse a regular destination.
- This was a lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2010This was a lovely evening sitting next to the aquarium. Food was excellent. Would consider this one of the best places I have ever eaten. Only thing that hampered our evening was that we ordered dessert and instead of taking 15 min. actually took 30 or more. We were fine with the great view of tank keeping us amused. Waitress was wonderful in helping us with selections. Other wait staff were quick to pick up empty dishes w/o being intrusive.Special Features:
- We were disappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2010We were disappointed in the quality of the food. The New England Clam chowder was very mediocre and the scallops wer good but not great. We did think the fried asparagus was awesome!
- the food was excellent andKLC726VIPDined on 1/16/2010the food was excellent and so was the service. the aquarium was mesmerizing and a lot of fun to watch.Special Features:
- I have been to many ChartOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/16/2010I have been to many Chart House's and like the food. I thought the food was good, however, the atmosphere is simply not like other Chart House's and was disappointing.
- Great place for my husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/8/2010Great place for my husband and I to celebrate our anniversary. We sat next to the fish aquarium, and the view was wonderful.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/8/2010Food and service were excellent. Were there with a party of four, all of whom enjoyed their meal and experience.Special Features:
- Great overall dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/7/2010Great overall dining experience. The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was good. Nice restaurant in a casino, especially for one that is located downtown.Special Features:
- the waitress we had was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/2/2010the waitress we had was very poor. Hopefully that was her first time at Chart House! We did not see her after ordering a bottle of wine for at least 15 minutes! We feared she had to go to a corner liquer store! Other wise the food is good.Special Features:
- The overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2010The overall experience was terrible, considering I have already tried the Mammoth Lakes, CA location with nothing but 5 star service every one of the 10-12 Times I have been there. I have had joking conversations with the manager at that location to let me know where I can find a restuarant in Vegas that serves similar food! Now to finally have a chart house LAS VEGAS! I couldn't be any more enthralled. Trying out the golden nugget location has been a disaster. It took us 2 hours from being seated to time our bill had arrived, to be able to walk out. They over cooked my medium choice filet to a nice dark grey. They ran out of aspargus. My friends steak was also over cooked.The LAVA cake brownie was burnt on the edges. I'll never forget thisSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/1/2010Was thoroughly disappointed the service and the food...not at all on the same par level as the other Chart House restaurants we have previously visited. Probably won't revisit this one.
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/1/2010The food was very good. The restaurant was busy therefore, the service was not as good as it should have been. Our server seem a little overwelmed.Special Features:
- The Chart House is way overOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/1/2010The Chart House is way over priced for the quality of food! We payed approx $100 and was not happy with the quality for the $$. I would have expected to pay about $60 and that is even high, but since we had appitizer (awful) and dessert (way to sweet). I will definately NOT recommend the Chart House to anyone. The flavor was either bland or to overpowering. Will not return.
- Nice environment but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/30/2009Nice environment but the food was completely forgettable.
- As a resident of Las VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2009As a resident of Las Vegas and having frequent many fine eating establishments here, we would say the Chart House rates up there with the best of them. The food, service and a very reasonable happy hour will bring us back. The aquarium is absolutly beautiful and makes for a very relaxing expierence.
- Food was excellent... ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/27/2009Food was excellent... Service was very good..sometimes hovering... had a problem with the computer bill but it was fixed quickly. Music left something to be desired ..too loud and nothing we could identify with...
- Both food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/26/2009Both food and service were excellent. The tri-soup appetizer was a great idea. All 3 soups were excellent. The fried asparagus and bruschetti appetizers were also delicious. Among us we had the lump crab cake and several fish dishes. All were prepared to perfection. The "little" baked potatos were a full dish of fingerlings with all the baked potato toppings. There was enough for 4 people. Service was first class and the waitress and other personnel friendly. They didn't hover but seemed to be there when we needed something. The atmosphere is lovely. The room is decorated in good taste and surrounds a beautiful aquarium. Landry Restaurants are always a first class operation and Chart House is among their best.Special Features:
- Was seated next to kitchenFoodieDined on 12/25/2009Was seated next to kitchen so noise was above average. Too bad food was not up to expectations. Free Range chicken was overdone and dry. The sea bass and risotto pairing had too much butter smothering the taste. Lava cake was excellent. Service was good and friendly but expected better food for the price.
- The food was beautiful andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/24/2009The food was beautiful and delicious. The main drawback was that the waiter rushed us through every course, even after being told that we wanted to be served more leisurely. I had the iced seafood tower which was good, except that the lobster was too cold and almost tasteless, and the "oysters" on the menu were one oyster. However, it was so good we decided to have 12 more. Husband had the seafood martini which was delicious, and more than he could eat. He said his stuffed flounder was exquisite, and my dynamite mahi was good altho I thought the spices overwhelmed the perfectly cooked fish. The dessert souffle was not a true souffle, but nothing more than meringue with creme anglaise, however tasty.Special Features:
- excellent food, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2009excellent food, atmosphere and moderate pricing. I have been to Chart House restaurants in Boston and San Diego. This was as good as each of those. Best seafood you'll get in Vegas.Special Features:
- The Chart House was a wonderfulFoodIsMyLifeDined on 12/15/2009The Chart House was a wonderful experience. Watching the beautiful fish is very relaxing (if you don't think about it while you are eating). Paul, our server was beyond excellent, but it seemed like all the servers were equally good. He was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and Las Vegas as well as very entertaining and he made the evening quite enjoyable. He knew exactly when to appear and to disappear. His suggestions were wonderful. The food was some of the best we have had in Vegas, especially for seafood (although you have to have the fried mac & cheese no matter what, it is the best thing ever). This resturant is a very nice addition to the Golden Nugget and Vegas and one place we will frequent often.Special Features:
- Waitress had too many tablessweetbrsVIPDined on 12/13/2009Waitress had too many tables and couldn't do a good job with everyone. Also didn't take corporate coupons listed on web site.Special Features: