Met Bar and Grill Dedham
400 Legacy Place
Dedham, MA 02026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Met Bar and Grill Dedham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.metbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 7814671234
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm Sunday Brunch 11:00 - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: We would love the opportunity to help you entertain your business colleagues. The Met Bar and Grill provides the perfect setting to entertain clients, conduct company events, and close business deals. Take advantage of our diverse wine list and excellent menu. We will customize the menu to suit the needs of each group and wines can be chosen beforehand from our award winning wine list. Our Event Planner is ready to organize for you special A/V equipment, floral arrangements and special desserts. The Metropolitan Bar & Grill will craft for you the perfect evening.
A word from Met Bar and Grill Dedham
The Met Bar & Grill is an offspring of the “modern” steakhouse which serves world class meat with an innovative approach. This stylish restaurant serves classic American fare with a touch of sophistication and comfort. The menu boasts something for every appetite. Try the traditional steakhouse options which are sure to please the carnivore in you or select from the Met Creations for more inventive dishes. A main feature of the Met Bar & Grill is the Met Burger Bar where the American Iconic Classic is served. Enjoy your burger simple and traditional or custom design it with a selection of fine meats, artisanal cheeses, fresh baked buns and choices of 48 toppings from around the world. Be transported across the globe on a “burger Journey”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Met Bar and Grill Dedham reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (27)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (10)special occasion (9)great for brunch (8)romantic (8)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Saturday night at the MetToughCustomerDined on 9/28/2013Mixed bag. Fish and chips was too mushy; they should use haddock instead of pollock. My buddies had good dishes, expecially the lobster roll. The short rib taco was great. Our server was great.Special Features:
- Mediocre to PoorNomnomVIPDined on 9/27/2013Awful service and mediocre food. Our waiter forgot about us for a good 10 minutes. When he finally showed up he said sorry for the wait are you ready to order. Food service felt rushed even though the place was half empty (and no wonder it was empty )
- Terrible waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2013We usually enjoy this restaurant, but this time our waitress decided to ignore us for the entire meal. No one checked on us after the food was served and the person who cleared the table didn't take any notice that one meal was untouched. We couldn't find anyone to help resolve the problem with one order. Too noisy to hear our own conversation. Terrible evening.
- DeliciousBostonDined on 9/15/2013We took my niece there for dinner on a Sunday night. The food was great, and we all enjoyed our dishes from appetizer to dessert. There is a nice variety on the menu- something for everyone- without so much choice that one feels overwhelmed. The prices are moderate, and I think on the low side for the quality of the food. I have paid much more for food far worse! The restaurant was not busy (Sunday night, after all), so it was quiet enough for conversation. The only flaw was that our waitress brought the check before asking us if we wanted dessert, and we had to ask for the dessert menu, giving us the feeling that she was rushing us out the door. I have been there before and will definitely go again- nice evening out!Special Features:
- Average met bar & grill - DedhamOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/12/2013Love the met bar in chestnut hill so decided to try the one in legacy place Dedham. Same menu but food was vastly inferior. My favorite item (tuna and salmon tartare) was only average. Salon burger was just okay. Friend had chicken club that was quite greasy. Very disappointing. I'll stink with the chestnut hill branch
- Pleasantly SurprisedTravellerDined on 9/1/2013All in my group were very surprised at the overall positive experience. The menu was fantastic and the food and service were equally great. It's not often you find a new haute where all things come nicely into place, including the pricing. I'd highly recommend this venue to anyone!Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner whileOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2013We enjoyed our dinner while sitting at the bar. Very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a fun casual bitemlfpvdDined on 8/23/2013Met Bar provides a comfortable and contemporary locale to enjoy casual foods that are well prepared and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met Bar & GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2013My friends and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Met. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- After several less than stellarOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2013After several less than stellar previous visits for Sunday brunch, sadly the service is still sub-par. I arrived with 3 others for an 11:30am reservation and there was only one other table occupied. Coffee took almost 15 minutes, food almost an hour. 'We are brewing a fresh pot' seems to be a consistent excuse for why you have to wait for your first and subsequent coffee refills. Slow food service might even be tolerable if you could at least be served coffee in a timely matter. It is a shame that I cannot recommend Met Bar and Grill because of consistent slow service for Sunday brunch. Maybe they don't care as they never seem to be busy, however, if the service was better, or if there were better management, perhaps they would be busier.
- ???StanleyDined on 7/26/2013Thought choosing a burger was the right choice. Not! Small little flavor wouldn't go back
- A good local findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2013This happened to be a central meeting place for friends I have not seen in a while. I have been there but they had not and really loved the place. The service was excellent. Our waitress really was attentive, checked in often enough to be doting but not obnoxious. The food was good and selections were plentiful. I recommend it for a one on one dinner, group, or just a quick snack out at the bar.Special Features:
- Avoid the salmon burger...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2013Went w/ a group of 5 adults, 2 kids. Really impressed with how the waitress responded to the kids - very patient, offered them kids menus to color on and crayons, asked them for their own orders (w/ some backup from their parents). Food was decent. I ordered the salmon burger, which I will not repeat - not nearly as flavorful as I had hoped (despite getting it "Tokyo" style which includes a soy glaze), and it was very difficult to eat - the "burger" did not stay together at all, so every bite resulted in salmon bits being squeezed out of the other end of the burger. Husband also expected a higher quality burger from a place supposedly renowned for their burgers. Truffle fries are delicious (but extra).Special Features:
- Best burger aroundDaniLDined on 6/28/2013The Met Bar has a varied and impressive menu of food and drinks, but what makes it stand out for me is the burger bar. These burgers are ALWAYS outstanding. Our waitress, Alessandra, was a gem; friendly yet sassy, and knows her wine selections. I am never disappointed here at the Met Bar in Dedham! Always a great dinner and good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/28/2013We were a group of five: three adults, two teens. We each got some sort of burger and fries, including one person who got the vegetarian burger. The cheese on the "Met Fries" was one ingredient too much. A little truffle oil and the pan-fried sage would have been enough. The onion strips were too garlicky. The burgers - meh. One person ordered a salad but what arrived was very different from what the menu described. It was a pile of arugula covered with some sort of (in edible) sauce, and not the cornucopia of greens and fresh tomatoes that were promised. We sent it back. Overall, the ambience and service were fine. We were just disappointed with the institutional quality of the food.
- Young and polite waitstaff.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2013I ate here on a Friday night after seeing a movie at the Legacy movie complex. We arrived earlier than expected and were easily accommodated. All of the waitstaff are college kids (summer jobs) and they are bright, attentive and personable. My friend had hummus and then tuna. I had onion strings and an arrugala and goat cheese salad with a Sauvignon Blanc that was excellent (waitress seemed very clued in about the wine and she was very honest about food recommendations and descriptions.) She was attentive and talkative but respectfully so, A very enjoyable meal. The food was very good as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A welcome surpriseHarrietg47VIPDined on 6/8/2013I had not eaten at Met Bar & Grill because I thought it would be like its sister restaurant, The Metropolitan, in Chestnut Hill. This was a welcome surprise. Much more casual. Loved the menu feature of building your own burger, with all kinds of different burgers, either as a salad or on a roll. Looki g forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Break on a NIce DayFoodieGirlVIPDined on 6/5/2013Had an excellent lunch here. Great outside seating and the Mexico City Burger was deliciousSpecial Features:
- I have been going to the MetLizzyTDined on 5/26/2013I have been going to the Met Bar since it opened at Legacy Place. Although I like the food, the last few times I went with a group of friends and the noise level was bad. Hard to hear people unless they are beside you.Special Features:
- Had 2 gluten free diners inDecpaintDined on 5/21/2013Had 2 gluten free diners in our party and the waitress and kitchen were able to accommodate their requests. The sweet potato fries they made to be gluten free were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met Bar in the Dog HOuseDesertFoodieVIPDined on 5/17/2013How can you ruin a grilled hot dog? Ask for the recipe from the chef at The Met Bar in Dedham to find out. The menu selection and the ambience falls way short of the Chestnut HIll location. Too bad cuz it's a great location to meet up with our kids.
- Waitress Jessica was attentive,bravogoodfoodDined on 5/13/2013Waitress Jessica was attentive, helpful, sweet and a terrific server! Food is fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- It felt a bit dark and evensabrDined on 5/12/2013It felt a bit dark and even though there seemed to be plenty of open spots in the brighter, more lively areas, we were seated in the very back of the far room. It felt a little strange to be so off the beaten track.Special Features:
- Met Bar Caprese- must have!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/3/2013I like all the met bars, good food, good service, no complaints. It's a nice casual place to go for dinner or lunch. I always get the Met Caprese because it is one of my favorite sandwiches ever. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I receivedLissaEDined on 5/3/2013My husband and I received a gift certificate here. It is a good distance from our home, but we went on a Friday night. Everyone in this restaurant was smiling and pleasant. Traffic had us a bit late for our reservation but there was no question about whether they would still be able to seat us or not. The food was fantastic -- we had burgers. I highly recommend the MET fries. I know we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All was quiet....too quiet...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013The wait staff seemed to outnumber diners by 2-1, which was great as far as getting drinks and food, but they seemed to linger in a group just feet from our table and it felt like I was part of two groups of conversation. We all had burgers and salads which were very good, and the prices were fine, but when the tables around you are empty and the staff seems to be loitering, you kind of get the feeling you're in the wrong place.Special Features:
- Always a Great VisitAnnacabanaVIPDined on 5/1/2013We live nearby and always enjoy our meals or just drinks. Sunday brunch menu is a good value, fun too. Outdoor dining is best in the daytime as the sun disappears before dinner at this corner of Legacy Place. We love the burger bar. I get salmon, husband likes beef. Big salads easily serve 3 people. It's a super menu with variety and pleasant staff eager to please.Special Features:
- Been going here since theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/28/2013Been going here since the day it opened. I rarely have anything to complain about and the food is outstandingSpecial Features:
- Waitress was great - recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2013Waitress was great - recommended something that I wouldn't normally order and it was very good. Restaurant was very busy but staff was efficient and accommodating.Special Features:
- delcious meal for vegatarians..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013delcious meal for vegatarians.. Open face sand with avacado !! DELICIOUS !!!!!! I will return
- Surprisingly good wine listPaulDined on 4/13/2013Surprisingly good wine list with a reasonable markup. Food was good. Our first time there and we'll go back again.Special Features:
- when you pay 18 - 25$ perOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013when you pay 18 - 25$ per entree - you would expect better service and food quality. It was good at best
- Great for Sunday brunchChrispieDined on 3/31/2013Great time with family for Easter brunch. Kobe burger was best my 20 yr old daughter ever tasted (and she's a lot!) Rest of us had breakfast foods (omelets, pancakes) - all very goodSpecial Features:
- The Met is always very accommodatinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2013The Met is always very accommodating, especially since we were a larger group - roughly 9 of us..Our waiter was very patient, very good...Special Features:
- The food was decent for aJeekazDined on 3/23/2013The food was decent for a moderately priced restaurant; the service was friendly but a little slow; noise level was high - we were dining with friends and it was very difficult to carry on a conversation even though we were seated in one of the nice raised circular booths.
- Great waitress! Very accommodating,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013Great waitress! Very accommodating, efficient, and pleasantShe made our "birthday girl" feel very honored! We were seated on time and despite the fact that it was very busy that night, everything seemed well organized.Special Features:
- good casual menu. The burgersStephVIPDined on 3/16/2013good casual menu. The burgers are great. Pleasant and helpful waitstaff.Special Features:
- Outstanding burger selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013Outstanding burger selection. The Fenway was delicious.
- While I appreciated the flexibilityCurlyDined on 2/23/2013While I appreciated the flexibility and courtesy of the front desk when I changed my reservation time, I'm not eager to go there anytime soon. I'm not a big burger fan and found the menu choices lacking. Great for folks who like burgers. Food came out of the kitchen efficiently. However, I felt rushed when the server came to clear plates and I was still eating. The cheese on my "Manhattan" burger was a bit rubbery. Would recommend "Yard House" (better food) at Legacy Place over Met Bar.
- I tend to meet friends andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/20/2013I tend to meet friends and clients at the Met Bar because of its convenience. Once there, I'm reminded how interesting the menu is. I've never been disappointed with the food or the service. It can be noisy when it's busy, but they do have some quiet corners, if you remember to reserve those tables in advance.Special Features: