Met Bar and Grill Dedham
400 Legacy Place
Dedham, MA 02026Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Met Bar and Grill Dedham
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.metbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 7814671234
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm Sunday Brunch 11:00 - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: We would love the opportunity to help you entertain your business colleagues. The Met Bar and Grill provides the perfect setting to entertain clients, conduct company events, and close business deals. Take advantage of our diverse wine list and excellent menu. We will customize the menu to suit the needs of each group and wines can be chosen beforehand from our award winning wine list. Our Event Planner is ready to organize for you special A/V equipment, floral arrangements and special desserts. The Metropolitan Bar & Grill will craft for you the perfect evening.
A word from Met Bar and Grill Dedham
The Met Bar & Grill is an offspring of the “modern” steakhouse which serves world class meat with an innovative approach. This stylish restaurant serves classic American fare with a touch of sophistication and comfort. The menu boasts something for every appetite. Try the traditional steakhouse options which are sure to please the carnivore in you or select from the Met Creations for more inventive dishes. A main feature of the Met Bar & Grill is the Met Burger Bar where the American Iconic Classic is served. Enjoy your burger simple and traditional or custom design it with a selection of fine meats, artisanal cheeses, fresh baked buns and choices of 48 toppings from around the world. Be transported across the globe on a “burger Journey”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Met Bar and Grill Dedham reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (25)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (11)special occasion (8)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- Dining Al FrescoRachelMDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I arrived a half hour early for our dinner reservation, and they seated us right away. Great service, food, and ambiance--as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day funChrispieDined on 5/11/2014took family so wife didn't have to cook - great food, drinks and dessert. Friendly staff. Just be mindful that burgers are their specialty - not too many other options (but enough) for those not wanting burgers. Try the sweet potato fries! Even my 15 yr old liked themSpecial Features:
- Good environmentEmafsilvaDined on 5/11/2014Went their for Mother's Day with three toddlers and the other guest really couldn't hear them because of the environment, but it wasn't to loud for each other to have conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the FenwaySteakloverDined on 5/7/2014The Fenway Burger with the Fried Egg was off the charts. Cooked perfectly and served piping hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blah-average-not worth itJuneBDined on 5/3/2014I arrived with three other women and was seated promptly. The server was nice just not very good at her job. She didn't clear plates orcas if we wanted another round if drinks. The food is average bar food- nothing more. I've been to there place on ACK and I say bring back The Even Keel! At there Newbury location I have to say the salmon salad is good and service seems better.
- They failed to note my reservation,EricVIPDined on 4/3/2014They failed to note my reservation, even though I told them I had one as I entered. This led to me being contacted by Open Table for having failed to honor my reservation, which was not true. Otherwise it was great.
- Great menu, surly serviceDiningDivaVIPDined on 4/2/2014I've eaten here several times, but hadn't been there recently when I went out for a quick dinner. Despite the fact that the restaurant was mostly empty, the waitress acted like she was doing us a favor to take our order and that was an indication of the level of service to come. When she basically threw the check on the table without a "thank you", her tip went down below my usual percentage. Servers should not underestimate how much the service can affect a patron's enjoyment of a dining experience. I won't be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Now I know why we have not been themimiVIPDined on 3/30/2014The food was mediocre, the service was not only very slow, when the place was empty but it was obvious that the waitstaff had not been trained. Will not be going back.
- Downhill on brunch?KandJforbrunchVIPDined on 3/30/2014It turns out that the Met in Dedham is going to be discontinuing brunch. Until then, they tell you that you are not allowed to make any substitutions, the food is good but not as good as it used to be. It's a little less convenient for us to go to the location Chestnut Hill, but it's where we will be going in the future. Legacy Place is more shopper/family oriented, lots of screaming kids. Our server was very sweet and the Met Mimosa is a personal fav - both of which saved the experience.
- Great place!dineswithfriendsDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I dined here with another couple and were pleasantly surprized. Service was prompt and very professional. We had drinks and apps. in a matter of mins. but did not feel rushed. Food was very good. Our waiter returned to our table multiple times during our meal. We will definately dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceD1260Dined on 3/28/2014Went with another couple for a casual meal - went with the burgers which were fantastic Nice spot at Legacy Place - not too expensive and well worth the visit - I would most definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Out: Birthday EditionwiscogurlVIPDined on 3/22/2014I'm pretty sure we had too much of a great time at Met Bar! The music was wonderful. The food... DELICIOUS! It was so good, I went home the next day and tried to recreate the dish. We ordered the Stone Rice Bowl. We also ordered a bottle of wine which was amazing as well. Overall, a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer14Dined on 3/21/2014The restaurant was very hectic and loud. The food was good but not as good as i expected. Our server was very nice and accomadating.Special Features:
- Great dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Food was awesome and loved the comfy leather booths! There was plenty of room for all. Service was great and food was served promptly and hot! Reservation was honored and didn't even have to wait one minute to be seated! We would do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little much for memlfpvdDined on 3/12/2014I like the Met Bar and have been a few times now. Traveling south from Boston, its location in Legacy place was a great stopping off point to grab a bite to eat on our way home. The restaurant was noisy and more crowded at night than my usualy lunch time visits, but not so much it was annoying. I had a great local beer and a very tasty burger. My wife had a salad with chicken and we started with guacamole and chips. When the bill came I was stunned to see how much it cost. While I will likely come back at some point, to may over $30 per person for what we ordered didn't seem like the value I was expecting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good butStephDined on 3/8/2014It may have been because we in the back room, but water, drink refills were v slow. We didn't see our waitress muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to get some shoppingTrubin821Dined on 3/7/2014Great place to get some shopping done and a quick bite. Highly recommend the guacamole!Special Features:
- AverageAverageDinerDined on 3/4/2014Food was average, skirt steak was on the tough side. Friend had chicken parm, again average. Wine list was ok, sevice was pretty good as restaurant was half empty. Would not rish back
- great food, but loudBostonmammaDined on 2/22/2014I ate here on a Saturday night. The calamari appetizer was delicious! The dipping sauce with it was so good that I hung onto it to dip my burger and broccoli in. I had a burger with onions, mushrooms, and swiss cheese. It was excellent! The bun was super fresh and it was cooked just as I asked. Two of my dinner companions had salads, which were enormous and looked great. The drink menu is also really nice. The margaritas were very good. I didn't care for the mojito too much but my friends enjoyed them. And one of my friends got a funky looking coconut drink that was also nice. The only thing I didn't care for was the volume. It was very difficult to hear anyone that wasn't directly next to you. High ceilings and lots of people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbeatable burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2014The moist turkey and perfectly fried falafel burgers were terrific, along with short rib tacos and fish n chips. Everything we ordered was perfection. Service could have been more attentive considering it was a quiet evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger HeavenJSFoodieDined on 2/17/2014Excellent choice for anyone in the mood for a great burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snowed inP02673Dined on 2/15/2014We venture out during the recent snowstorm. We were hoping to keep our reservations because we enjoy the restaurant. Grabbed two seats at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed our meal, as always. We had the tuna and the rice bowl. Both were delicious. We'll be back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentines Day OutingChrisDined on 2/14/2014I recently took my wife here for a Valentines Day dinner and the experience was flawless. We had the filet mignon and halibut special. Our waitress was great. She was very attentive and made us feel welcome. We wouldn't go to this place all the time, but we will definitely be back some time in the future.Special Features:
- Be back again!Jlem2014Dined on 2/8/2014Met Bar & Grill was a suprisingly great experience for our first visit. Relaxing and casual atmosphere with a twist of sophistication. Making a reservation made all the difference, as we were immediately seated upon arrival on a busy Saturday evening. The menu had creative options in addition to standard fare. The food was outstanding including the flatbread appetizer, burgers & steak tips. You do not have to be a carnivore to enjoy this restaurant, with many other options offered such as various apps, salads, or seafood. The food and drink prices were very reasonable and the portions were generous. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Met Bar & Grill is a gem for Legacy Place and there will certainly be a return trip in our future .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Delish!LisaGVIPDined on 2/7/2014The food is very good and the setting is very fun. Great place for a fun dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakBobbyDined on 1/26/2014I ordered the NY Sirloin medium rare. It tasted good but was kind of tough and chewy. That was disappointing but otherwise a good mealSpecial Features:
- We had an amazing dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2014We had an amazing dinner with friends there. The braised short rib taco appetizer is to die for!!Special Features:
- Fun with FriendsDatenitemommaDined on 1/18/2014Date night is alway fun with the Hubby, but when you add in a few friends...outstanding! The Met Bar and Grill was our choice this Saturday. Made reservation with Open Table the night before and had no problem with having to call around to see which restaurant had the time and space for our party. We even needed to add two additional persons to our party at the last minute and there was no problem. Good food, drinks and great friends make for a happy night.Special Features:
- Gluten free hot spot!GlutenfreegirlDined on 1/16/2014Great gluten-free menu with lots of options! The hostess was rude and our server was slow but nice and accommodating. Food was good, truffle fries were amazing!! Chicken was dry but sandwich was still ok. Would try again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had not been to this locationBlondie419VIPDined on 1/14/2014Had not been to this location in a while. Quiet lunch, food was good, server was not overly friendly. Noticed the place needs to be Updated, looking a bit run down.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but thefoody145VIPDined on 1/1/2014The food was good but the service was a bit slow. It took 20 minutes to be seated with a reservation and the restaurant was only half full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise is the downeremilyDined on 12/27/2013surprised to see the highest level for rating noise is "energetic". Our party would say more like "Junior High Cafeteria" level. The food is consistently good but I think I would not return on a weekend night. Very difficult to have table conversation.Special Features:
- For more discernng palatesCharlotte7753VIPDined on 12/27/2013This is not a place to go for your ordinary soup and sandwich lunch. The menu is best for a mature/discerning palate, not young children who will eat only chicken fingers or PB&J's. Anyone wanting an eatery for lunch geared to adults, this is a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerNeighborforLunchDined on 12/15/2013We enjoyed every morsel, and the portions were great! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable place to eat - comfortPjgaffmoreDined on 12/7/2013Reliable place to eat - comfort food with a twist, nice bar, touch noisy, great service.Special Features:
- You can always count on aKarenDined on 12/7/2013You can always count on a delicious meal and we were excited to find some new seasonal menu items - delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great martinisJunel52Dined on 11/30/2013Had burgers , apps and drinks and everything was great! Server was wonderful and a good time was had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two of us dined and we bothDodiVIPDined on 11/27/2013Two of us dined and we both had burgers. They came exactly as ordered and they were delicious. one of us had french fries and they were tasty. I loved the onion sticks. I will be back.Special Features:
- Not up to par on this visit.RyanVIPDined on 11/22/2013The Met is usually excellent. I get the NY Sirloin frequently. It's a good cut of meat, and it's usually cooked perfectly (medium for me). On this visit, it was mildly burnt, and the plate was covered in burnt drippings. I would have said something to the waitress, but the normally very attentive waitstaff were not present. I drink a lot of water, and my glass was empty most of the night. The waitress did refill it a few times, but like I said, I drink a lot of water. The potatoes were good. We will be back again, hopefully for a better experience. This was definitely not the norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceTownieDined on 11/16/2013My date and I were content with everything but our waitress. We felt as if she hardly interacted or checked in on us. It was slightly busy that evening but to not to the extent where we felt as if we were waiting on the waitress. Besides that, everything was up to par for a second time customer.Special Features: