715 Bush Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Jeanne D'Arc - Cornell Hotel De France
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantjeannedarc.com/
- Phone: 4154213154
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Bernard Moutal
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can close the restaurant to the public for a private party of 50 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Claude Lambert 415-421-3154
- Entertainment: A violonist performs every saturday
- Special Events: Bastille day is the biggest event at Restaurant Jeanne d'Arc with musicians & singers. Also notable: Christmas Eve , New Years Eve & Valentine's day.
Jeanne D'Arc is an elegant yet reasonably priced French restaurant located near Nob Hill and Union Square in the Cornell Hotel de France. Replete with tapestries, stained glass and artifacts, the decor celebrates the life and deeds of France's legendary heroine, Joan of Arc.
Founded by the Lambert family in 1972, the restaurant is a favorite of locals and visitors. Jeanne D'Arc offers a prix fixe menu and a cellar of well chosen California and Frence wines. The restaurant is perfect for before-curtain supper, a gathering of good friends, or romance with conversation.
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
- Great resturantGymratDined on 11/27/2013Fine food, good service. The Signature desert is special.Special Features:
- Another Excellent DinnerFrancophileDined on 11/23/2013Yet another excellent dinner at Restaurant Jeanne D'Arc. I love this place -- from the excellent menu selections, to the wonderful decor. It's truly a gem in the Union Square area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent, AlwayszellchuckVIPDined on 11/23/2013We keep returning to this great French restaurant. Not heavy sauces; more country style which we prefer. Wines have very good labels at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- San Francisco FindgolfergirlVIPDined on 11/16/2013Took a chance on this small French restaurant after reading other reviews. It is in the basement of a small hotel and the decor is very interesting! Lots of French tapestries and painted murals on the walls. The menu is a Pre-Fixe and was wonderful. We had 4 courses for $42.00! The food was very good. There were numerous selections for each course except the soup. We would go back next time we are in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French "cave" experience in SFOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2013The ambiance of Jeanne d'Arc restaurant near Union Square in San Francisco is like being in a wine "cave" or cellar in France. The food is typically French, and the wine list contains some very reasonably priced Frech wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again returningJerryDined on 11/13/2013Having dined her several times, I continue to be impressive with the location, service and food selections. Overall, I would rate it as excellent.Special Features:
- outstanding choiceryiincDined on 10/26/2013This was my third time to dine at Jeanne d'Arc, With all the choices of restaurants in San Francisco I always insist on dining here every time I visit. My guest were equally impressed. All three are well traveled and said it was extremely authentic. The violinist had a great since of humor and is a very accomplished musician. Can not say enough nice things about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experience all aroundSilveradoDined on 10/26/2013This place is unusual and beautiful. The service was wonderful and the food was fantastic. We had thought that, being French, the servings would be small, but in fact they were quite large. Too large perhaps! As others have mentioned, I wish they did an al a carte menu, but then it probably wouldn't be priced so well.Special Features:
- Dining in another eraPapyrusAbbessDined on 10/17/2013Jeanne D'Arc was like dining in another era - the decor is a riff on medieval French and lends itself to letting yourself enjoy a fine meal while forgetting today's cares. I LOVE that it was quiet!!! I'm so tired of having to shout over my food to my dining companions. The food was quite delicious. The wine selection is lovely and the waiter was attentive without hovering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful meal!luvwineDined on 10/12/2013We have never been disappointed with anything at this restaurant. The quality of the food and service is consistently good. I like the fact that there is a variety of excellent entrees to choose from - something for everyone. The rack of lamb is probably my favorite along with the halibut. This is not gourmet French food but rather traditional. The portions are good but if you're expecting something very trendy or avant garde, then this isn't the place. The ambiance is very pleasant and we like the fact that you can actually have a conversation without having to scream at someone that's less than two feet away from you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touch of ClasshiddendgemDined on 10/10/2013Stunning ambience, exquisite presentation and the descriptions fail when trying to describe the food. I kept thinking "something" here will surely disappoint but nothing did and my guests described it as the best meal they can remember in years. These are world travelers and I took them hoping they would not be disappointed. There were no disappointments here. My friends have added Jeanne d' Arc to their "must" list whenever in the City and of course, it remains on my list forever as my favorite and a hidden treasure in a city of many fabulous choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambienceUltragohDined on 10/4/2013Had a fantastic dinner set in the Joan of Arc theme! What an amazing set up for a restaurant.Special Features:
- what a nice basementloriDined on 9/28/2013The restaurant is hidden in the basement of the Cornell Hotel. It doesnt feel like a basement. Nice meal. Well prepared but not a wow. Great souffle for dessert.Special Features:
- A few wrinklesTravel1Dined on 9/26/2013It is a fixed price menu with lots of choices. I paid extra for the lamb but it did not deliver. The meat was fine, but covered in a brown sauce that was too salty, glutenous, and luke warm. It would have been so much better prepared simply with herbs Provence, a bit of olive oil, grilled briefly at very high temperature, and served very hot. The signature dish is a orange souffle for desert and it was delicious, interesting and fun. My dining partner had the duck and it was good but not memorable. Our experience would lead us to believe that the kitchen needs a modernization, even if it stays French. The old adage applies: Keep it simple, fresh and delicious. Drop the sauces if they are not authentic.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2013Had dinner before a concert at the Venetian Room. Food was delicious, service was excellent, but the ambiance is a bit strange. Medieval decor just isn't my thing. But the location is great and timing was excellent.
- NICE FRENCH PLACE IN SAN FRANOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2013HAD A VERY NICE DINNER ON FRIDAY EVENING WITH A FIX PRIX MENU AND 4 COURESES ALL OF WHICH WERE WONDERFUL WILL RETURN AGAIN IF EVER IN SAN FRANSpecial Features:
- Great find near Union SquareKB2013Dined on 9/20/2013Fun decor and a great pris fixe menu, global wine list including half bottles. Service can be a bit solicitous. Our waitress was constantly coming over to check how we were doing. It got a little much. Timing of courses was great. Food was delicious. It's in a basement of a small hotel, so you almost walk by it before seeing the sign. Not the greatest neighborhood, but you don't feel unsafe. Great price considering how close you are to Union Square and all the hotels. We didn't feel like we overpaid for what we got. The souffle was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy, romantic spotCremantTravelsDined on 9/12/2013We wanted to walk to a nice restaurant close by and wanted to try a French restaurant. This spot is in a hotel and has been in business for decades. The food was delicious but the highlight was the grand marnier souffle. Magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before theatremiloVIPDined on 9/3/2013Nice space, prix fixe with numerous options. Great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find!MnlohmanDined on 8/22/2013As it is in the basement of the hotel, we had a little trouble finding the restaurant door, but once inside, we were transported across the Atlantic! The first thing we noticed was the amazing decor, like being in a chateau from the Middle Ages. The menu was a prix fixe, with choice of soup, appetizer, entree, and dessert. The wine list was varied and reasonably priced. Everything we ate was fantastic! My son had the rabbit which he said was excellent, and he declared the side the best potato dish ever eaten. My duck confit was superb, and both desserts, the Grand Marnier souffle, and the pot de chocolate were to die for! If I return to San Francisco, this will be my first stop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 STAR Bistro in SAN FRANCISCOEatmyheartoutVIPDined on 8/7/2013The general manager, Jose Luis Rivera makes certain every detail of your dining experience is divine! From the moment he greets you til you leave via the gorgeous elevator, his attention to detail is splendid. Where else can one get a 5 course meal, ending with a Grand Marnier Souffle that is superbly memorable!?! The soup, appetizer, salad, entree' and dessert is fantastic. The best French Bistro food outside of Paris. None of the Belden Alley restaurants nor Le Central can hold a candle to this delicious bargain and outstanding service in the City. Great for locals or tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our meal at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2013We enjoyed our meal at this unique restaurant. We found the staff to be attentive and enthusiastic. The food was very very good. We felt like we were in Paris.Special Features:
- We went to Jeanne D'Arc forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2013We went to Jeanne D'Arc for our 17th Anniversary. We go there for special occasions. The service was great, as usual, and the food was brilliant as usual - La Cuisine traditionelle de France. If you are looking for the "modern" French cuisine, with all of the syncretism that that implies, go elsewhere. At Jeanne D'Arc, expect traditonal French cuisine at it's best. I love this place!Special Features:
- A taste of Francepar4Dined on 6/29/2013Best buy in SF! For $42 you get a four course dinner. I had the carrot ginger soup, stuffed avocado, best lamb shank ever, and a orange souffle. Tables far enough apart so that you can visit with your friends. Best of all, they have a violinist who plays your favorite songs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can have a conversation here!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/8/2013Hidden down a flight of stairs inside this French-decorated hotel, is a surprisingly large restaurant floor in the basement room. We were surprised to find a musician playing on the premises. The staff look like they've been working there for a long time. We really enjoyed the food and even more so the wine which was reasonably priced for a bottle from France. The salads were particularly good. The decor is a bit dated - old French paintings and decor, reminded me of dining in an old castle. Staff is very attentive and it's a great place to come for a quiet meal.Special Features:
- Still great after all these yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/28/2013I've been going to this restaurant since the late 70's and it never fails to impress. Terrific French food, and a very romantic ambiance. A great place to take a date. While this time it was just my wife and I, next time we will be bringing our college student children for them to experience this wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great souffles, I could easilylovefoodDined on 5/25/2013Great souffles, I could easily have another helping, love it. The overall food was very good too, can't beat the price of $42 for a 4 course great meal. A hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was off a step orjjandfamVIPDined on 5/25/2013Service was off a step or two and I can imagine the kitchen is capable of doing more when it isn't busy. So many good choices in San Francisco not sure I would go back. I also wouldn't not go back I just wan't thrilled. Good price to quality and quantity in food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining here felt like we wereKostaVVIPDined on 5/23/2013Dining here felt like we were visiting someone's home kitchen. The food was well prepared and delicious. We liked the decor too. It truly felt like we were in france.Special Features:
- Expectations too highPebbleBCriticVIPDined on 5/11/2013Based on very good reviews we were expecting more. The food was nothing special. I would not recommend the rabbit dish.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2013Jeanne D'Arc is a hidden gem in a city with wonderful restaurants. How they can continuously turn out wonderful meals for such a reasonable price is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy ServiceJeryVIPDined on 5/11/2013The waiter in this restaurant spoiled the entire meal for us! Before we were even seated he had shoved the wine and food menus onto the table between us and asked what we wanted to drink;he hovered when we said we hadnt decided until we did. There was no interval between courses and he kept coming back to see if we were finished witha dish. If we put our fork down we had to hold on to our plates or they would have been taken out from under our noses.And it was NOT as if the place was full with a waiting line. We didnt complain because he acted that way with allthe tables. About the most frenetic dinner weve ever had.
- Look elsewhere...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2013Went there for a birthday dinner. Food was just ok; soup was warm, not hot. Service was very good. Menu was uninspiring. Souflette tasted very much like a chinese egg tart, barely tasted any of the orange liquor. Steak was bland.Special Features:
- Little Francefishnaked2Dined on 4/19/2013This is a neighborhood gem! Romantic, you'd think you were in France itself! The only complaint with our dinner is that there were 5 large groups seated almost concurrently with us (party of two). The restaurant was extremely crowded, not an empty table, which made our wait staff inefficient and slow. Had to request extra butter, bread, water instead of our wait staff checking to see how we were doing. The noise level, due to the crowd, was exhausting and we had a difficult time talking to each other without raising our voices. The food remains top-level but the lack of service really shrouded our dinner.Special Features:
- Great find in San FranlookoutsDined on 4/12/2013Good atmosphere. It is obvious they have painstakingly decorated the place. Excellent service. Environment thematic (almost Disney-ish)! Food is very good in general and excellent when the great price is taken into consideration.Special Features:
- The food was excellent asBarkyboyDined on 3/15/2013The food was excellent as was the service. The resturant is situated in a quiet out of the way corner and has an old worldly decor. Overall it is very charming.Special Features:
- I loved this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2013I loved this restaurant! Food was great and the ambiance and decor was great!
- Wonderful ambiance, mouthRuthieDined on 3/9/2013Wonderful ambiance, mouth watering menu, impressive wine list and attentive service. A place you'd like to come with a special someone or nice evening with the girls. This has become one of my favorite spots to dine in San Francisco. Absolutely Superb!Special Features:
- Fantastic on every levelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013Random find on a Friday night and couldn't have been happier. Fixed price four course menu, and the restaurant nailed every single one, for everybody in my party. Service was great as well as the atmosphere. Very reasonably priced with a fantastic French wine list. Highly recommended and will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Give it a chance!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/28/2013I was taken back by its location and decor but the food was extremely good.Special Features: