162 Water Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1B2Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pourhousevancouver.com/
- Phone: 6045687022
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday - 11:30am - 12:00am
Thursday - 11:30am - 1:00am
Friday - 11:30am - 2:00am
Saturday 5:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: J-C Poirier
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Pourhouse has live Jazz music every Sunday night starting at 7:00pm.
- Public Transit: Waterfront Skytrain Station is a block up the street. A nice and easy walk down Water Street to Pourhouse.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is an EasyPark located directly next to Pourhouse with entrance and exit on both Water Street and Cordova Street. Very easy and convenient to park, good rates, nice and close.
A word from Pourhouse Restaurant
A century ago, North American cuisine wasn't quite as fancy as today, but full of simple purpose: flavours you craved that left you satisfied. We look to create that feeling and sense of place. Making food that fills the room with mouth-watering aromas, and savoury tastes that are unabashed. We want to share our infatuation with food - serving dishes that smack of home, and made with hearty ingredients by someone who loves what they do.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pourhouse Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Gastown ›
Pourhouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (12)great for lunch (11)good for groups (11)romantic (11)special occasion (11)late-night find (5)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2013The Maple Hills chicken was the best I ever tasted, and the simple preparation on the lentil/squash accompiment was perfect! The "chocolate bar" finish was also unforgettable.Special Features:
- It always an absolute pleasureUnhappyDined on 2/22/2013It always an absolute pleasure to visit The Pourhouse. I always really appreciate the impeccable service, particularly from Simone & Adam! This is one of our favourite places to take locals, and out-of-towner's looking for something unique, the food is always great and the service is always outstanding - they never disappoint. Thanks for everything Pourhouse!Special Features:
- I loved the menu and wantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2013I loved the menu and want to try lots of things. Unfortunately, I heeded the waiter's advice regarding the French Onion Soup (which I never order). It was just French Onion Soup, nothing special except the crusty cooked on cheese. But my friend's grilled cheese sandwich was the BEST EVER! I'll go again.
- Positively PourhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013The cocktails are to-die-for! Absolutely everything else about the place was better than that!!Special Features:
- Perhaps I ordred the wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Perhaps I ordred the wrong dish, but I was underwhelmed by the chickpea vegetarian option. The ratatouille was tasty, as was the raw vegetable melange, the chickpea patty was bland. I was also disapponted that the frites were served with a boring mayonaisse, albeit homemade, and Heinz ketchup.
- Service was prompt. SoupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2013Service was prompt. Soup and sandwich option was tasty and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Never disappointed.....thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/17/2013My third time @ the Pourhouse.....simply TERRIFIC! Burger is outstanding, certainly one of the best, if NOT the BEST in the city.........fries are excellent as well. Service to top notch, prices are very reasonable and the overall quality is (I bet you already guessed it) ABOVE EXPECTATIONS !! Do yourself a favor and dine at Pourhouse, you won't be disappointed. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2013Some of the best food my boyfriend and I have ever had. Everything we had was absolutely delicious, and hot, and fast. The ambiance of the restaurant is fun and energetic and the people there are just awesome!Special Features:
- Since apparently I can't writeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Since apparently I can't write a review more than a few sentences, here is my ever-so-brief writeup: Food: everything we had was great. Broiled Mackerel Steelhead Trout w/ gnocchi salmon and potato salad Beer: 3 philosophers. Great recommendations from staff. Helpful and knowledgable. Service: Superb. CONS: Very high noise level. Went on Thursday night, couldn't hear each other from 3 feet away. Bar atmosphere rather than romance. Still had great time.Special Features:
- First time here, we were lookingJoeyDined on 12/20/2012First time here, we were looking for something new - this was certainly a good find - excellent.Special Features:
- Over-all we had a very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012Over-all we had a very nice meal. The menu was well planned and had something for everyone and food was quite good with portions just right. The drinks menu also had a decent mix of wine/beer/spirits. Unfortunately it took quite a while for us to be helped at the door and an equally long time to be greeted by anybody at our table, though the dining room was not overly busy. This might sound fussy but it is extremely important to at least acknowledge guests when they arrive even if you cant help them right way. Service did improve as the meal went on I am going to say this was just a blip and would recommend Pourhouse anyhow as everything else was fine.
- I visited during the weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2012I visited during the week for lunch, but in general I very much enjoy the Sunday jazz nights.Special Features:
- Will be back for the burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/5/2012I had been to pourhouse once before but only for drinks. The bar is a nice place to sit and they have a decent cocktail and draft beer list. Their wine list needs work. First time for dinner, and I really enjoyed it. Several of the group had the burger, which they grind in house so you can get it medium and it was very good. The accompanying fries were also very very good. THere was a little mix-up and I had looked at the menu online and ordered accordingly, the staff were very gracious about the mix-up (which was definitely mutual) and they comped our bill which was appreciated. I like the atmosphere, dark and noisy but not damp feeling at all. Will defintely come back for steak & frites or the burger.Special Features:
- This is not the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012This is not the first time I have dined at Pourhouse. The food and service are always excellent. I appreciate the diversity of their menu, and the bundle choices they offer for lunch. the atmosphere is trendy, but very warm, inviting. Thanks again for a great experience.Special Features:
- Made our anniversary veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/1/2012Made our anniversary very special. The service was intuitive and the food was exceptional. Thanks Pour house!Special Features:
- Thank you. Had an amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012Thank you. Had an amazing night out with my girlfriends. Out server was knowledgeable and charming. Everyone loved the drinks he chose for us. The drinks, as usual were balanced, tasty and visually lovely. The food (we all had the trout because it sounded so delicious) exceeded our expectations. Ended the night with warm cookies and a shot of milk. Yum and comfort.Special Features:
- A stylish Tuesday nightLocalgirlVIPDined on 11/13/2012For a Tuesday after the long weekend, it was a nice busy night. We made early reservations, which was a good idea as the cozy space filled up. No children, the spacing would probably be ok for one child. I would recommend the lamb, that was tasty. Bottle red wine recommended by our server was very nice. Will return again for drinks.Special Features:
- Brought out-of-town guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/6/2012Brought out-of-town guests to Pourhouse, waited for our food for an hour and a half. Guests were not impressed with the service, left angry and will never go back.
- Sunday live jazz, was a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012Sunday live jazz, was a great place to meet friends or take a date, make a reservation as it was a full house. The ambeounce and service were fantastic, food was good and not overpriced for the value, we had lamb shank and the trout, I'd recommend either.Special Features:
- excellent lunch. I had SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012excellent lunch. I had Steak frites and companions had oysters and salmonSpecial Features:
- Always love how the wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012Always love how the wait staff can suggest different cocktails to try based on what you like.
- Love Pourhouse! CocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2012Love Pourhouse! Cocktails are the best in the city. The live jazz provides a great backdrop to the entire dining experience, adding to the ambiance without overpowering conversation. Each time we've dined at Pourhouse, the wait staff have been outstanding.Special Features:
- We went to the Pourhouse forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2012We went to the Pourhouse for a thankgiving meal. We were seated in a quiet booth at the side. The restaurant is medium sized holding approximately 30 tables of diners. The menu has some interesting features such as Bone Marrow. The food was of high quality as was the service.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012The food was very good. The drinks strong. Staff was VERY accommodating by adding 2 latecomers to our reservation of 8 on a busy Friday night. Our server showed even more patience after some very picky orders were made.Special Features:
- Was impressed with the uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012Was impressed with the unique feel of the restaurant. Service was above average. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- OK food, meh service, gimmicky menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2012Indifferent service. We stood for about five minutes at the door while the host chatted away with a bunch of other people. When he showed us our table, he led us to the only one that wasn't set, even though there were empty ones around us. One friend was given the wrong salad, all of us found the food oversalted. Our main server was pretty good, but we had different people serving at different times. The second guy forgot the order of milk with the cookies that my friend ordered for dessert, but as it turns out, don't bother with the "shot of milk" with your cookies - it is indeed that, a SHOT GLASS of milk, for which they ding you $1! You can get 250 ml of milk for less money at the corner grocery store!
- This is my 3rd time at PourhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012This is my 3rd time at Pourhouse and while it doesn't always fit into my budget (I'm a student), it is the perfect place for special events. It has a great atmosphere without being pretentious and the staff is beyond friendly and professional. Above all, the food is absolutely delicious. Great place.Special Features:
- Great place, friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Great place, friendly service and excellant cocktail...only irritant was the boisterous group of 20 somethings but they left shortly after our arrivalSpecial Features:
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012Great food as always, wasn't able to get a booth as requested though.Special Features:
- Very impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2012Great restaurant - menu has amazing choices for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.Special Features:
- highend prices for low end serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2012The food was great, the drinks were overpriced and the service was terrible. Our waitress was stuck-up and unwelcomingSpecial Features:
- Three nights out in VancouverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012Great setting, super bar and restaurant atmosphere. Cosy nightlife ambience with good music. Wish we had experienced the live jazz! Wine list pretty limited and pricey but no more so than equivalent high quality restaurants we tried whilst in Vancouver.Special Features:
- Gastown's GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2012A friend and I dined here the evening before the Lululemon SeaWheeze half marathon in August. If was a great find and I hope to go back soon (live in Seattle). They had a great menu - interesting mix and delicious! Cocktails were unique! Great service all around. They even have a "chef's table" in the kitchen which would be a great way to celebrate a special occasion if the table is open for reservations.Special Features:
- I just finished a long PacNWOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2012I just finished a long PacNW trip from Vancouver to Seattle to Portland, and had booked top restaurants all 9 nights. This was by far my favorite. The food was fantastic, the service was stellar, and the ambiance was beautiful and truly unique. Would definitely go there again next time in the Vancouver area. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- This is my new favourite spotbabz3000Dined on 7/14/2012This is my new favourite spot in Gastown! Had a wonderful dinner of amazing food, and the wait staff were fabulous and friendly.Special Features:
- Great food, Great CocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012The service is consistently good here, as is the food. We love it. Patrick was not there but he is the best bartender ever!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.TrnrmomVIPDined on 7/3/2012Excellent food and service. Waiter was friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu and ingredient sources. He brought tastes of the local brews for us to sample before ordering. The Czech pilener id excellent. Menu is limited and might be described as upscale comfort food. Loved the Devils on a Horse appetizer - stuffed dates wrapped in bacon, drizzled with a wine reduction and broiled. Yummy! We also enjoyed the beet salad, the ahi salad and spaghetti and meatballs.Special Features:
- The restaurant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012The restaurant experience was very good overall - it is a elegant take on "comfort" food with dishes like macaroni and cheese on the menu. The biggest problem was with the reservation, as when we got to the restaurant there was no record of our reservation. I'm not sure if it was a problem on the OpenTable end or on their end.Special Features:
- Awesome food and ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012Awesome food and ambiance, great and knowledgeable service, overall great experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food in a room withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012Great food in a room with a very cool decor. Attentive service, short wait times for food. Almost came too fast.Special Features: