162 Water Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1B2Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pourhousevancouver.com/
- Phone: 6045687022
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday - 11:30am - 12:00am
Thursday - 11:30am - 1:00am
Friday - 11:30am - 2:00am
Saturday 5:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: J-C Poirier
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Pourhouse has live Jazz music every Sunday night starting at 7:00pm.
- Public Transit: Waterfront Skytrain Station is a block up the street. A nice and easy walk down Water Street to Pourhouse.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is an EasyPark located directly next to Pourhouse with entrance and exit on both Water Street and Cordova Street. Very easy and convenient to park, good rates, nice and close.
A word from Pourhouse Restaurant
A century ago, North American cuisine wasn't quite as fancy as today, but full of simple purpose: flavours you craved that left you satisfied. We look to create that feeling and sense of place. Making food that fills the room with mouth-watering aromas, and savoury tastes that are unabashed. We want to share our infatuation with food - serving dishes that smack of home, and made with hearty ingredients by someone who loves what they do.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pourhouse Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Gastown ›
Pourhouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (13)romantic (13)special occasion (13)great for lunch (12)good for groups (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- dine outcorkDined on 1/18/2014We had the dine out vancouver menu and it was scrumptiously well thought out in terms of variety. Absolutely enjoyed every bite. Very impressed with the cocktails. The bartender will make you a cocktail not listed on the menu but based on what you tell him you enjoy in terms of liquor preferences and balance of flavours. Cocktails are in the 19th centre pre prohibition style.Special Features:
- fabulous placeNadjVIPDined on 1/17/2014The food was great and as always the drinks were amazing. The staff is always so helpful in introducing you to new cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood for daysvancouverdivineDined on 1/7/2014Prior to arriving I did not realize the extreme use of seafood in your dishes. The friend I went with is allergic and therefore had to basically choose from spaghetti or a burger. There was nothing spectacular about the spaghetti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vibe :)MeggieDined on 1/4/2014I loved the vibe of this restaurant and the service was awesome. Very helpful and friendly :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meetSeizmeauxDined on 12/23/2013Visiting Vancouver for Christmas we met friends and family here for a first dinner and catchup. Very friendly service. Dark but interesting interior. Located near the downtown waterfront. Great bar. Lively patrons. My daughter likes to stop when she's returning to Seattle from Whistler. Great frites and the trout is outstanding. Short but competent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the band!luluDined on 11/24/2013and food and drinks were great too, the bartender is awesome! He has all kinds of delicious libations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expanding menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013could expand the menu for main entrees. seems limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the middle of thingsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013A lively fun place with a packed bar scene, good food, good wine and good service. Just too noisy for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bone Marrow - to die forfoodnerdDined on 11/13/2013Loved the personalized cocktails and also the bone marrow was to die for! Definitely a fun place to dine with a group of friends :)Special Features:
- Very Solid!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013I'd never heard of this restaurant. Found it on OpenTable. Perfect for quiet business lunch. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Jazz SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2013The Sunday night music was fabulous, as was the decor... something out of the Jazz age. The waiters were friendly, and informative, but stretched. We often had to flag someone down for the next drink or dessert. The french onion soup was wonderful, and dessert was large - could have shared easily.Special Features:
- Stuck in the cornerTarinaDined on 11/2/2013While our first visit four our anniversary was amazing, this time the seating (with reservations) was horrible. There was 6 people celebrating anniversaries & birthdays and we literally had to move the tables in and out for us to get in and out of the corner. The food was good, but again very unclear as to what items were. Really disappointed after building it up to our friends to be stuck in a corner when we had made reservations.Special Features:
- First timercanuckfansDined on 10/28/2013I googled "restaurants near Rogers Arena" to find a spot for a pregame meal with my son and two clients and picked Pourhouse Restaurant based on one review I read about their burgers. I am very glad I did. The burgers were amazing. The fries were lacking - greasy and boring. Some nice chunky home style fries would have been nice but the burger more than made up this shortcoming. I would for sure go again but would choose a side of salad instead of the fries.
- No so gooddc2013dcDined on 10/19/2013Our server was quite rude. Burger had to be sent back as it was undercooked. Would not recommend this restaurant to my friends. Drinks were very expensive. Service was not very good.
- Friday night outingExecutivesDined on 8/30/20132 coulples wanting a nice night out to catch up but found the atmosphere, too noisy to talk, too dark and the food was really mediocre and overpriced. I am a fan of trying new places, this one is not worth a second visit.Special Features:
- Mackerel was phenomenal...gstwnwrkrVIPDined on 8/14/2013Mackerel was phenomenal... Good to stray off the lunch special sometimes!Special Features:
- AMAZING dinner date!laurbDined on 8/4/2013I am a huge fan of the Pourhouse Vancouver for cocktails and small plates. It is probably my favorite place in Vancouver - it has a great ambience - lots of candle light and its just a great spot all together. I have NEVER been there for dinner and the experience was incredible. We had a bottle of the quails gate pinot which was excellent, we had the brussels and mac and cheese as a starter. The mac and cheese was the best I have ever had at a restaurant. I had the spaghetti and meatballs which were amazing. Such a simple dish elevated on so many levels. One of the best meals I have ever had. My boyfriend had the burger which he loved. We had the cookies with ice cream and esperesso for desset. GREAT experience, great food, great service!!Special Features:
- Annoying musicOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2013In a restaurant that is open for lunch, catering to tourists and locals it shouldn't be necessary to have to raise your voice over the music to be heard. Hard rock, Led Zepplin, Hendrix may be fine for a bar or club but not for lunch. Even though it was mentioned to the manager it was shrugged off. I hope they enjoy it by themselves.
- Great drinks, service & foodHollettDined on 7/23/2013My girlfriend and I went to The Pourhouse for her birthday and had a great time. The drinks were expertly made, they had a good craft beer selection (including my favourite beer Back Hand Of God Stout) and the food was delicious. Both of us also commented how well the staff worked together. From bartender to waitress to kitchen staff, they all helped each other out and made sure our meals and drinks came in a timely fashion. I would 100% go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We experienced a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2013We experienced a very good dinning experience .The food was very good and the service was excellent.',Its a must for dinner.Special Features:
- Splendid TastingFoodieFunDined on 7/4/2013This is the 2nd visit to Pourhouse, and after trying a couple of starters & the delicious burger, opted for several smaller plates as I wanted to try more flavours. Devils on horseback, the mac n cheese, Scotch egg and brussel sprouts a must. But what a happy surprise the chocolate crispy dessert was- if you're a chocolate lover, make sure you have room to at least share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/4/2013The restaurant has a modern yet warm atmosphere. Liked the variety of speciality bar drinks that could be customized to one's taste. The menu selections were interesting; liked the vegetarian options. Price-wise not bad but would have liked to seen more medium to lower price items. The service could not have been better.Special Features:
- mac n cheese to die forimpressedDined on 6/27/2013The food is outstanding. The beets in the salad were perfectly cooked and the salad light and fresh. The mac n cheese is fabulous. It's cheese-y, the panko bread crumbs were crunchy; the cheese was both white sharp cheddar and gruyere cheese which was the perfect cheese combination. I finished the meal with the chocolate bar which was remarkably light, chocolate-y but not too sweet, and accompanied by a salt caramel ice cream. The meal was delectable and I highly recommend it to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Pourhouse!esotericDined on 6/26/2013First I should preface my comments by saying I have been to Pourhouse over a dozen times. So if you want to take what I say with a grain of salt then I'll understand. The service here is always spectacular. My date and I decided to "try" a particular bottle of beer (the large ones to share) and we absolutely HATED it. I've never sent back a beer before but I honestly could not stomach it (cherry nonsense) and they took it back no questions asked. The wait staff are always accomodating and attentive. The menu is great and all items are well presented and prepared. (I do however completely dislike all of their salads. Pretty tasteless.) Try getting the Devils on Horseback. Very flavourful little appy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastown gem. Delicious oysterseatingUSAVIPDined on 6/21/2013Gastown gem. Delicious oysters and fish, and the latenight menu is a perfect accompaniment to their extensive drink list and cocktail menu. Would recommend their absinthe service!Special Features:
- First VisitpocamomDined on 6/11/2013Staff were excellent, the food was great and very different from the majority of other establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!GossipDined on 6/7/2013One of the best dinners I have ever had - the food was amazing. Definitely listen to your servers recommendations - you may try something new and love it! If you like seafood try the steelhead trout- quite possibly the best dish on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat at the bar and had a greatwines123VIPDined on 6/3/2013Sat at the bar and had a great meal. The bartender is a very energetic mixologist who knows his stuff, the burger is over the top. Its a must. Go, enjoy and have a drink or two.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good venueMetoYouVIPDined on 5/30/2013Good venue with great beers and decent yet pricey food for quality you get. Had an issue with OT reservation but they resolved it no problem. Great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/29/2013It had been a couple years since I lived in Vancouver, and was hoping the Pourhouse was as good as I remember it--I was not disappointed. Food was excellent (I had a chickpea croque mousier), and the beer selection is fantastic. A great evening overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pourhouse is a Gem !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2013The best burger and scotch eggs in Vancouver, or anywhere ! The service is beyond awesome, the food awesome, and the drinks amazing and different. As a self proclaimed foodie, this is one of Vancouver's dining experiences that can't be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so very tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/19/2013what a great meal... I have wanted to go to this place for a long time. My son & husband have been numerous times and bragged how good it was!!!! now I know. It is very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with familyCocoDined on 5/18/2013The food was very unusal, old style English with a twist. The cocktails were incredible. Our server knew a lot about both the drinks and the menue. She made excellent recommendations. The price was fair, not overly expensive. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE the Pourhouse!BabsVIPDined on 5/16/2013Absolutely amazing food! The burger is heavenly, the Centennial (bourbon cocktail) is delicious, and the grilled brussel sprouts are so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and excellent servicecrossoverVIPDined on 5/13/2013The starters (Grilled Cheese with Spicy Tomato Soup and Steamed Manila Clams) were much more impressive then the 10 oz steak (it was their daily special) we ordered. They used too much black pepper and I could barely taste the beef. The dessert menu was a bit too ordinary. Our server was very friendly and attentive. I would probably come back here for the drinks only and perhaps order some starters.Special Features:
- Fancy food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2013The service was excellent! The waiter asked us what type of drinks we liked and brought my girlfriend a surprise drink. Both of our meals were delicious. The table next to us could smell it and were checking it out. The ambiance of the place is really cool and classy. It was a nice romantic birthday dinner but i could see myself coming back to the bar part for fancy drinks and tasty appies. We are very happy we went there. It's a bit pricey but worth it. The drinks can add up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for the spaghetti andgstwnwrkrVIPDined on 4/25/2013Went for the spaghetti and meatballs, and it was phenomenal...Special Features:
- Lunch special fantastic asgstwnwrkrVIPDined on 4/19/2013Lunch special fantastic as always. But the bourbon recommendation at the end made it a memorable meal. Thank you!Special Features:
- Have gone here for familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2013Have gone here for family dinners, business lunches, and end of day drinks; will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Simply EXCELLENT on all fronts....OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2013Simply excellent. The food, the service, the attentive staff, and did I mention the food! Wonderful stuff. I can't NOT go to the Pourhouse when I am in the Gastown area of Vancouver.....it would be a shame not to. ENJOY, I know you will.Special Features: