Swish by Han
38 Wellington St. East
Toronto, ON M5E 1C7Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
KoreanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Swish by Han
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://swishbyhan.wordpress.com/
- Phone: 6473430268
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Korean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Leemo Han
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Leeto Han 647-343-0268
A word from Swish by Han
Swish by Han was created to share the unknown culture of modern-day South Korea. While serving traditional flavors of korean cuisine, the Han brothers have collaborated to create a contemporary Korean menu, bringing a new flair to Toronto dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Swish by Han reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (12)good for groups (9)hot spot (5)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)romantic (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Accessible exoticFudnutDined on 10/28/2013Korean food is full of strong flavours. SBH has made it a bit more accessible with a could of modern twists. A meal at SBH would wake up your taste buds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnNeverAgainDined on 10/25/2013Not recommended for large groups, doesn't seat more than 10 people, although they are fully capable of doing so. Was harassed TWICE on the phone that "they are FULLY BOOKED, it was the BUSIEST night and that there was NO WAY to add more than 10 people." This restaurant was empty by 10PM although their website says it's open until 2am. Food was delicious but very small portions. Thus, pointless if you are sharing with a large group. The waitress spilled piping hot Kalbi sauce on my arm and did not apologize. Service was not good, unfriendly staff. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- Not a great experienceeastenderDined on 10/25/2013Unfortunately the service was not what we'd expected. We didn't receive the usual check-ins; and even certain requests that were reasonable (drink options, cutlery, etc.) weren't met. Generally it felt like the waitress forgot us throughout the night. As much as I like the food and find the price quite reasonable, I don't think I'd recommend this spot to friends in the future. This isn't the first time that I've received discourteous service from waitstaff here.Special Features:
- They can not accommodate celiacsJessPDined on 10/24/2013My friend has a gluten allergy and they could not make anything for her. Nothing at all.
- Service is getting betterSunny573Dined on 10/23/2013Had dinner with a friend last night and food was great and service is slowly improving - there are never enough servers to deal with a full house (it's always busy there!) but I see why people (including me) go back as quality of food is great - they do not hold back on the korean spices/heat! High recommendation for those who want to take it up a few notches from Ktown as this place has great ambiance during dinner and food will keep hard-core Koreans and those new to Korean food equally happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceCropytDined on 10/11/2013We tried just the small plates. Definitely non traditional. Food was pretty good, couple things were twists on dishes, which were interesting to say the least, rolls were very greasy. Food service was quick, all the staff worked together well. Overall good experience, but if you're looking for traditional Korean fare, look elsewhere.
- Korean Gemeatingoutgr8Dined on 10/4/2013Situated among other bar-type of resto's, Swish by Han has more of a casual, less "I'm checking you out" type of vibe. Family-owned and run, the staff, food, decor were all great. The only thing is that I can comment not so favourably on was that there are lots of hard surfaces, so the noise level was louder than we would have liked. Overall, great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unfortunatenopeDined on 10/4/2013If not for the really poor service this spot would be fantastic.. The food is outstanding to be sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers!tstockDined on 9/28/2013Took a bit of a risk trying Korean for our first time with it being the first time in a year we've been able to get time in the city without the kids but it more than paid off. Our server was very patient with us explaining everything despite how busy they were. We loved every appetizer on the menu. Had the Bulgogi Rib-eye Ssan (aka lettuce wraps) to share for our main course which was OK but ordered another appetizer afterwards. Only complaint is the poor accustics. My poor husband couldn't hear a word I was saying unless I yelled across the table and was a left a bit in the dark with my conversation with the server. Wouldn't say the music was painfully loud but the walls needed something to absorb the sound a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice!davbooDined on 9/21/2013enjoyed the food and the service. a little loud in there yet an overall good experience.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Innovative Korean FareandreaKDined on 9/20/2013What a surprise change from the pork neck soups of Korea town - the food was a modern creative twist on the traditional and delicious. We shared several smaller dishes and enjoyed the mushroom swish which was an asian fondue with a surprising risotto-esque ending. A bonus was that our daughter, who is vegan, could eat more than salad. The customized rice wine was delicious. I must say that although it was not in the student economy range but four of us ate very well with a large rice wine, one cocktail and a shared desert for under $150 - a bargain I would say. The only criticisms would be that the music volume level was quite high - even for the 20 year olds - and the western wine options were limited and very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for LunchjmedsDined on 9/19/2013Server was a highly trained professional who was able to answer all our questions on the menu. She made our lunch lots of fun. Food is always tasty and it is great value.Special Features:
- Food great - music unbearably loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2013The noise level is absolutely horrible. You can't hear each other talk and can't hear what the waiter is saying. The music is TOO LOUD! We were only table in the restaurant and asked them to turn music down - they wouldn't. Although food is great, we won't go there again.Special Features:
- THOUGHT I WAS IN CANNES FRANCEsuze88Dined on 9/10/2013The overall negligence and indifference of this restaurant ended up being comical for our group. Korean BarBQ, you better be knowledgeable prior on what to order and how to prepare this food because they are really not interested in enlightening you. Sounds level ridiculous and the waitress actually said I'm only going to explain this once so listen up. I would not recommend to anyone.
- Unfortunately the stone bowlOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/6/2013Unfortunately the stone bowl for the Bim Bim Bap was not enough to create the crusty rice that makes Bim Bim Bap so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Korean Gem in Old TownvincroDined on 8/29/2013Came across Swish By Han and having seen the photos just had to try it out. Having gone once, with my partner, we insisted on dragging some other friends there the very next day! Awesome fresh and tasty food, with sweet spice and new takes on some old classics. Definitely a multi-visit kind of place and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loving SwishOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/23/2013As always, the meal at Swish by Han was terrific. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Korean!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2013Great food and great to try many different dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2013Would definately go back and try other things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2013Loved the music and service. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2013This is the umpteen time I've been in this restaurant and as always the food is great. I was with my sister and our server was attentive this time however she didn't get our order right. We had asked for the Dolsot Bim Bim Bap but we received the regular Bim Bim Bap and you really won't know the difference until you get to the bottom of the bowl as the rice gets really crispy due to the very hot bowl. Anyway, although it was not what we were expecting it was still very good and when I mentioned to the other server that gave us our bill - she was very pleasant and gave us a discount due to the incorrect order. I would still higly recommend this place for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, enjoyed theHelenVIPDined on 7/20/2013Food was good, enjoyed the lobster bibimbap and the pork bun rolls. Only thing I didnt like was the really loud music. Was hard to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't recommend :(geneVIPDined on 6/27/2013I and my girlfriend tried this place on Thursday evening for quick meal. We're happy to find this place due to lack of Korean restaurant nearby the area. I won't comment about the quality or the portion of the foods because the most Korean reside here won't accept the size of what Han serve or the items modified to western taste however, I must admit that I could've had far superior service at any other pho noodle restaurant than this one. Not only the server would never pay attention on our table, I was shocked when she asked me if we finished the meal by simply saying "done?" Well, yes I'm done, with this place. The first time having korean food in the area, also the first time having such poor service in south of King st.Special Features:
- Happy Birthdsy DadJody1Dined on 6/22/2013It was our Dad's birthday and we wanted to do something New! Swish was the PERFECT choice! Good atmosphere, small and modern, great service! AND.... The food was terrific.. For 6 Foodies (2are chefs at great restaurants) Seish was the perfect choice! Wait staff helped us with choices. We tried a lot Of different dishes as well as their special drinks And the bill came to $50/person! Nobody walked away hungry... All very satisfied... Food was WONDERFUL!!!Special Features:
- Great food!ckimDined on 6/19/2013Food was great. Service was good. Interior was great. Over all it is worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time being thereEngBreakfastVIPDined on 6/19/2013I really loved the first time I went there so I decided to take a friend who came to visit me. The food was just as I remembered, awesome. The dishes were kind of westernized but the amazing blend of tastes still retain some traditional touches. Anyways, highly recommendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favourite restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2013Had a terrific meal at Swish by Han Saturday. Were stuck in hideous QEW traffic so were 15 minutes late - no problem. Our reservation was still good. Had never eaten Korean food before. The wait staff explained how best to use the menu: 2-3 appetizers and one main. We had the marinated pears with Stilton cheese (excellent), the sweet chilli prawns (excellent) and the Special - Beef Short Ribs (also, excellent). We'll be back for sure!!Special Features:
- Delish as always!!sammyVIPDined on 6/14/2013Swish never disappoints, would recommend to any foodie looking for a casual dinning spot. Shared the SSam set and it was great and I'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service andRC49Dined on 6/6/2013Excellent food, service and ambience - keeps us coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD GOOD BUT TOO LOUD!CharlieDined on 5/29/2013Our group enjoyed the food, very adventurous. The noise level was so unbelievably distracting we had to laugh. We requested it to be turned down, which they obliged, and then it slowly crept back up to the point that everyone was yelling at each other. I assume that there's an attitude that loud music creates the hip "scene". I just think that the food should be enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit as good as the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2013Always great when you can go back to a restaurant and have a 2nd great experience. The food was fantastic, the presentation was spot on and the service was great. I will definitely be recommending this spot to fellow chefs, family and friends. Keep up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swish by HanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2013Great food, very interesting flavours. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swish satisfies!Sunny573Dined on 5/17/2013Great authentic Korean food where flavors are intense and vibrant! Table top cooking set includes all you could want in a complete meal - meat , soup, side dishes, rice. Overall, excellent food but service is lack lustre with terrible timing on when dishes came out....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not quite as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2013A little disappointed. Lobster a bit scarse in dish.Special Features:
- Great food as usualsammyVIPDined on 5/11/2013We have been to Swish a few times and the food is always great and we're excited to move back into the neighbourhood to come here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great. ThepyaskgodDined on 5/11/2013Everything was great. The atmosphere, food, lights.. the only thing to point out would be the music that was playing in the background which did not really go with the place I thought. But is always a pleasure to visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2013food was no great shakes music was beyond "energetic" stupid loud at 5:30pm.
- Delicious but flatMozartDined on 5/3/2013This is a restaurant with a fantastic menu and delicious food. The only problem is this: the ambience, service and overall experience is about as exciting and notable as the checkout line at Banana Republic. It's a trendy restaurant so the owners are simply enjoying their novelty food selection. However, it isn't a place that I would rush back to, given its unenjoyable atmosphere. Here, you buy food to be eaten. There are far less expensive Korean, Thai and Asian fusion restaurants out there that have similar low-brow atmosphere for a fraction of the cost, multiple amounts of attitude and service.Special Features:
- Service needs a lot of improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2013I've had lunch at this restaurant a few times and everytime the service is the same. I think the servers need a LOT of training - it's not just taking orders and handing the orders. First, we were only given 1 menu so I had to ask for another as there was 2 of us, then we were'nt asked if we wanted any drinks other than water which was already on the table and if we needed something it takes a while to flag a server. It was not even busy when we arrived and the restaurant was not full even by the time we finished our meal. The food was still great and if it wasn't for that - I'd never come back. I would recommend this restaurant to a friend for the food but with a strong warning about the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience. WillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2013Fantastic experience. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features: