689 Massachusetts Avenue
Arlington, MA 02720Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trystrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7816412227
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Turano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tryst restaurant hosts a wide variety of events ranging from small birthday parties to wedding receptions. Please contact us at the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Amber Michele 7816412227
- Entertainment: Sunday Brunch jazz trio beginning 9/13.
A word from Tryst Restaurant
Tryst Restaurant serves creative American cuisine, using local and seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Tryst Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Tryst Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (30)great for brunch (24)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (12)hot spot (9)notable wine list (9)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- This was my second time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/4/2009This was my second time dining at Tryst, I made reservations for our tennis group and they loved it!! Everyone finished their plate "clean" from the wonderfull Bolognese, to the swordfish, ravioli, steak and chicken...all...perfect. My friends are still thanking me for choosing Tryst!!!Special Features:
- I went to Tryst for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2009I went to Tryst for lunch and had a fantastic time. The food was great and the servers were friendly. I would definitely recommend checking out Tryst if you haven't been there already.Special Features:
- We eat at Tryst often, becausePiesieVIPDined on 10/25/2009We eat at Tryst often, because it's probably one of the best "around the corner" restaurants near home. Great service and great food. And, the chef was nice enough to email me the recipe for a seasonal dessert that had just left the menu. How great is that? When crowded, Tryst can get noisy, but it's acceptable.Special Features:
- Great food and great service:OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2009Great food and great service: All wait staff was very attentive, and quite pleasant. Even though he was quite busy, he was very friendly; he didn't make us feel that he was rushed. As the prices are a bit higher than some restaurants, it is worth it because the staff really pays attention to you.
- While the overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2009While the overall experience was decent, we were not that impressed overall. Some of our dishes were very good but others were mediocre (given the price). I think our main issue was that we had a reservation but still had to wait 20 minutes for a seat, and we were put next to the bar and could barely hear each other (even though we had written that it was my wife's birthday in the reservation). Her drink never came and her entree was cold.
- I go to Tryst often but thisDEIRDREVIPDined on 10/14/2009I go to Tryst often but this rendition of the menu is by far the best. My Dad had the sirloin steak and claims it was the best he ever had. He is 82 and has had many. The heirloom tomato salad was outstanding. Sweet fruit and tendor mellow cheese, a fantastic combination. Paul the waiter was his usually cheery and very efficient self. The evening was a delight!
- All the foodie trappings withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2009All the foodie trappings without the . . . well . . . good food. It was competent, but not interesting.Special Features:
- As always, the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2009As always, the food and service were outstanding. I always feel right at home here so we tend spend hours over dinner and/or drinks. This is definitely a place where I can forget all about the world outside. The staff have a lot to do with the quality of the experience. They make you feel comfortable; never rushed. They're polite, friendly, and knowlegeable about the food and wine. This is by far one of my favorite restaurants. The food is fantastic!Special Features:
- Great brunch; food was veryNfrodonDined on 10/4/2009Great brunch; food was very good, tho' a little slow. But the attentive service staff kept us informed of the delay and did their best to smooth things over. The live jazz was delightful and kept our toes tapping while we waited.Special Features:
- It was good, but nothing *really*OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/26/2009It was good, but nothing *really* special. We had a nice time but probably won't go back.
- The steak was excellent andLMNYCTPAVIPDined on 9/22/2009The steak was excellent and Pasta Bolognese was amazingSpecial Features:
- Reasonablly priced for qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2009Reasonablly priced for quality food. Service was prompt without hovering. We were not rushed and that was important because we hadn't seen each other in a while. A very neat place that I will definitiely plan to go back to.
- Excellent experience at Tryst.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2009Excellent experience at Tryst. Stuffed figs very tasty. Scallops wonderful as was the service. Certainly will be returning.
- One of our diners sent herOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2009One of our diners sent her meal back because she wasn't a fan of the taste (pasta bolognese)and our waitress was so accommodating and understanding; her meal was replaced with a new one, the manager came over to make sure we were content and at the end of the meal we were given a complimentary dessert. My wine, appetizer (stuffed figs) & meal (scallops) were incredibly delicious and I would go back just because of that, but the service will draw me back much sooner than normal.Special Features:
- I had no idea this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2009I had no idea this restaurant had been around for 5 years. I really enjoyed it. It was beautiful and the food was excellent. The service was quite attentive as well. I would go back again!Special Features:
- The market salad was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2009The market salad was outstanding! Fresh lettuces and beautifully prepared vegetables. The dressing could have had a bit more zip to it but all in all, it was excellent. The scallops with truffle infused risotto were worth the trip to the restaurant. The special lamb dish was not all that special. It was served with lamb sausage which was basically flavorless - just tasted like ground lamb. The chocolate pannacotta was really a chocolate pudding not a pannacotta at all. A big disappointment. We all found the room incredibly dark and gloomy. Tiny red votive lights on the tables added no light and no atmosphere. The music was too loud for an eatery. It was on the level of a bar. Sadly, we won't be returning.
- Usually this restaurant is1234Dined on 9/1/2009Usually this restaurant is outstanding in both service and food. While the service was still good the food this time was poor. We ordered the scallops. The scallops were chewy and not as tasty as when we have ordered in the past. The risotto was so salty that I could not eat it and I love risotto. The molten chocolate cake was delicious. Overall a disappointing experience.
- Tryst never fails to delight--wellOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2009Tryst never fails to delight--well crafted menu with emphasis on seasonal and local, terrific wait staff, thoughtful wine list---and easy on-street parking!Special Features:
- Wait staff very professional,enjoyfoodDined on 8/29/2009Wait staff very professional, knowledgable and 'non-hovering' attentive. Food prepared and served very well. Somewhat pricey however.Special Features: