Truffles Grille & Wine Bar
198 E. Main St. (Rte.16)
Milford, MA 01757Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Truffles Grille & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trufflesgrille.com/
- Phone: 5084821700
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Dinner Serving Dinner Tuesday - Saturday: 5PM - 9PM Available for groups Sunday & Monday. Please contact us for details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Anna Wallach
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The wine room accommodates up to 55 people for a private function. Please call the restaurant to discuss menu options and pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Howard Wallach 5084821700
- Special Events: Group Dinners and Private Functions available anytime
A word from Truffles Grille & Wine Bar
Fine wine, creative food...Truffles is an exciting addition to the Metro West dining scene. This upscale bistro style eatery showcases a winning combination of New American cuisine, a sophisticated wine list and a stylish, intimate and charming ambience. Chef & Co-owner Anna Wallach presents a wonderful Eclectic and frequently changing menu that focuses on fresh local ingredients and seasonal influences. To complement the food, Truffles has compiled an attention drawing wine list with numerous offerings by the glass and has been awarded the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence in four consecutive years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Truffles Grille & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Milford ›
Truffles Grille & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (20)romantic (19)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (15)good for groups (8)Show More
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2013Ny quality dining at a great price. Unique attention to detail including special salts at table ,including a smoked salt. A wow dining experience in a smaller town! Great find for memorable dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Don't Let The Covers Fool YouliljDined on 6/4/2013Since the restaurant is closed one workday and does not open until 5pm, it gives the appearance for the normal commuter that the place is not operational and somewhat seedy. Some friends and I met there for dinner and were suitably impressed. One coworker indicated that she would have to bring her husband back there in the near future. We were seated at a round table for 6 that was in an alcove by itself, making it feel very private. Our server was attentive and the food was delivered with a normal amount of wait time. The prices seemed a little on the high side, but the half-portions were sizeable. There were some unique menu selections and the food was good quality and flavor..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and ExcellentFmilderVIPDined on 6/1/2013We eat at Truffles every two or three months, and we have found it to be very reliable. This time, we had baked oysters, caesar salad, lamb chopes and Chilean Sea Bass, Irish coffee and a latte. Our waitress was always within range, she had suggestions for what was good tonight, and everything we had was excellent. I don't usually get lamb "medium rare," but this was exactly right, as were simple but very well prepared vegetables. Price was slightly high for the suburbs (about $130 including 2 glasses of wine, tax and tip), but the dining room is lovely, and we really enjoyed the food. It's as fine a meal as I might get in an excellent downtown restaurant, but with a pleasant drive to get there and convenient parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013The bread, butter, and salt to start the meal was amazing! The wine list is very nice and flights to sample were excellent. Risotto balls were excellent to start off with, and the meals were good too. Nothing truly wowed us, but it was an enjoyable meal and night out.Special Features:
- A great benefit in the suburbsJohnVIPDined on 5/17/2013We have been there many times and are never disappointed. Two very nice dining rooms, good service a fine wine list, and expertly made cocktails are all part of the experience, but the greatest part of it is the food! Always inventive and exciting, and beautifully prepared and presented. Those of us who live in the area are very fortunate to have such an establishment nearby, but it would be worth a trip even for anyone who lives a greater distance away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truffles is a Gem outsidescrcDined on 5/11/2013Truffles is a Gem outside of Boston, the food is fantastic and the service is always excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodItalianoDined on 5/11/2013If you want a great place to celebrate a special occaison do not hesitate to visit Truffles Grille and Wine Bar. The menu has something for everyone and the service was impecable. It is a bit on the pricey side but well worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Love the PlaceGrandmereDined on 5/10/2013We come to have great food, and good service, and it is quiet so you can actually hear your dinner partners. Wonderful place for a special occasion and for a quick bite, although a bit pricey for just a quick bite. No time for savoring the wonderful meal either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DoneDad1Dined on 5/4/2013We had a delightful dinner with excellent food and service. Full range at our table - chicken, fish, beef were all prepared nicley and complemented by very good service. Nice place for special occasions!Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerFrequentDinerDined on 5/3/2013The food is always creative and fantastic. I've been to Truffles a number of times and find the food and service consistently excellent. The wine list is great and the staff knowledgeable enough to help enjoy something new. For anyone looking for a high end experience, this is definitely the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience, not greatmetsnationVIPDined on 4/27/2013We've been regulars at Truffles since it opened. Tonight we came for a 50th birthday for a family member. The service was slower than normal and for the first time I've been there, the food was not cooked to order. I had the filet medium rare, but it came to me medium well. The waitress didn't come for some time, so I stuck with it. Truffles steaks are so good, it tasted fine. All-in-all it was a good dinner, not the excellence we've come to enjoy.Special Features:
- Great food, friendly yet moderatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Great food, friendly yet moderately attentive service. Be prepared for a 2 hour meal.Special Features:
- Our favorite local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013Our favorite local restaurant when wanting something a little more up scale, without having to travel to Boston or Providence. Food and service is always very good. Good selections on the wine list. When my wife and I want a more intimate dinner, and don't want to travel, this is the place we go. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Met another couple here. WereTinManDined on 4/12/2013Met another couple here. Were quickly seated. Wanted a 7:00 reservation which was not available and got 7:30...so, we were surprised when we got there and numerous tables were open - so why wasn't 7:00 available? Ordered wine, appetizers, salad and entrees. Wine came quickly, but appetizers took almost 30 minutes to arrive. Salads were brought shortly after we finished the appetizer, but then again, we waited almost 30 minutes after the salads for entrees to arrive. The restaurant was not very busy and there were several empty tables. Although the food was quite delicious, due to the delays in getting our food, we were last to leave the restaurant and therefore I can not give this restaurant a higher rating.Special Features:
- Always have had very goodCAPTVIPDined on 4/11/2013Always have had very good meals here. A little pricy, but worth it.Special Features:
- Excellent experience as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Excellent experience as always. Our 4th time here. Never a bad meal. The Lobster Crepes appetizer is to die for. Limited menu but something for everyone and every meal we have had has been fantastic. Excellent wine list.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/6/2013Always a pleasure to dine at Truffles, they never disappoint. My first choice in fine dining.Special Features:
- Second ChanceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/30/2013We had a great time on Saturday night. This was our second trip to Truffles. Our first venture over there wasn't very good but I was looking for a spot to have a nice, quiet dinner with my wife and took a chance that Truffles would have improved since our last trip. I was right! Our server was great, the food was excellent! It was a slow night there (Easter weekend)but we felt as though we were valued customers. Congrats to Truffles for making back on our list.Special Features:
- Even though we have probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/16/2013Even though we have probably gone by Truffles a thousand times since we moved to the area over 8 years ago but had never been in. It was fantastic! I loved the fact that they had half portions that we very generous. I had the petite tenderloin and my husband had the lamb. Both we cooked to perfection. We had the apple tart for dessert which was fabulous. We will definately be back soon.Special Features:
- We have been to this restaurant1FussyDinerDined on 3/14/2013We have been to this restaurant many, many times. It is our favorite. However, I would be remiss if I didn't say that this last visit was not that enjoyable. It was a Thursday night, and the usual waitstaff wasn't there. Our waitress, Leah, was not as attentive as I'd like. The food also wasn't up to par. The 3 other guests had filet, which wasn't as tender as usual. Veggies were over-cooked. I ordered the pork chop. It was completely raw in the middle. After waiting almost 10 minutes, I got up from the table to find a waitress. By the time my plate arrived back, the other guests had long finished their meal. I felt badly that they had to wait. This is very unusual for this restaurant. Must have been an off night.Special Features:
- This was our 2nd visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013This was our 2nd visit to Truffles. The apps and main meals were excellant. Service was outstanding and well paced. Desert (Apple tart) was just fair. Prices are not cheap but you get what you pay for. Limited menu. Highly recommend you give it a try.Special Features:
- Truffles excelsmetsnationVIPDined on 3/2/2013We've been going to TRuffles since it opened and haven't had a bad experience. The menu is always great, you are treated like a king coming in, the wines and drinks are perfect and the cooking first rate. We took a couple that hadn't been there and they loved it. This is a great find in Milford, tucked away and well-worth the trip out.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant. A littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Nice restaurant. A little pricey for the area but tables were all filled on a Saturday evening by 6 pm. Out of 4 dinners, 1 was undercooked and 1 was overcooked.Special Features:
- A nice local restaurant, butdessyVIPDined on 2/16/2013A nice local restaurant, but having been several times, the menu is getting tired for us. It'd be nice to see some new and more creative options on both the food and wine list.Special Features:
- Food, as always, was excellent.carlsgalDined on 2/16/2013Food, as always, was excellent. The dessert was excellent--apple tart with cinnamon ice cream. Perfect ending to the meal. Will go back!Special Features:
- We were a party of ten andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We were a party of ten and they provided us with our own private alcove. very nice, good food and service.Special Features:
- Always our first choice forOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/15/2013Always our first choice for fine dining, the staff at Truffles make every visit seem like a special occasion.Special Features:
- we went for Valentines soOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013we went for Valentines so there was a set menu. Service and Atmosphere were very nice for the occasion. Food and drinks were very good. I would recommend this place for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Best kept secret of Metro West!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013This is a true find! We had an outstanding meal -as good as the high end restaurants in Boston or Wellesley. Excellent service and relaxing venue.(Special Features:
- Every time we go the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Every time we go the food is amazing and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- Hidden GEM in MetrowestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013Wonderful restaurant, friendly staff, great selection of entrees. Friendly owner greeted and sat us at our table. Meals were visually appealing. Entree prices are high for portion sizes. Salad or veggie choice is not included with entree.
- Truffles is one of my favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013Truffles is one of my favorites. While not the most spectacular decor in the main dining room, (bar area is nicer with the fireplace) its good looking, clean and has great service and great food. Enjoyed the red wine flight of 4 west coast reds...will definitely go back. I always know I'll enjoy my trip there.Special Features:
- While the prices are higherOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013While the prices are higher than most local restaurants, we loved the half portion options and thought the food was excellent. I would go back for a date night with my husband and try the wine tasting that I saw so many other tables enjoying.Special Features:
- Upscale without the drive to BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/20133rd time there and truffles did not disappoint! You know you're going to drop a few bucks when you go, so be prepared. I had the rack of lamb which was the best I have had. This is truly a big city dining experience in the suburbs. Service was great and the food was absolutely outstanding!Special Features:
- A must goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013The service was exceptional and the food was devine! I would definitly go again!Special Features:
- delightful, delicious & romantic.LindaDined on 1/11/2013delightful, delicious & romantic. The wine list was quite extensive. The crabcakes were very tasty. Serving plate drizzled with a zesty sauce. Warms rolls served with sides of roasted garlic and whipped butter. Also sides of flavored salts. Amazing. filet mignot was cooked to order. The Lamb & date stew was superb. We plan to come back soon.Special Features:
- Something differentFromMedwayDined on 1/11/2013I always love the food here, there is always some combination of flavors I haven't tried before.Special Features:
- Solidly good food, but nothinglove2eatVIPDined on 12/31/2012Solidly good food, but nothing spectacular, and probably not worth the price.
- This is one of only a feweasytopleaseDined on 12/28/2012This is one of only a few restaurants remaining where you can enjoy quiet conversation with your dinner companions. A great place to treat yourself to a special night out without going into the city.Special Features:
- When I used this site forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012When I used this site for a reservation, I asked for a quiet, romantic table. That request was completely ignored. The food was good. The wine was not, we tried 4 different glasses and they were old and bitter.Special Features: