Grandview Tavern & Grille
2220 Grandview Drive
Fort Mitchell, KY 41017Neighborhood:
Fort Mitchell, KY
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Grandview Tavern & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandviewtaverngrille.com/
- Phone: 859-341-8439x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Sean Redden
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Partners, colleagues, clients, friends, and family will never forget quality experiences. Whether hosting an intimate gathering or a corporate function, we can tailor our food and drink offering to meet your palate and budget. Our seasoned and intuitive staff will attend to every detail of your event. We would love to help create a memorable event with our catering service.
- Private Party Facilities: Partners, colleagues, clients, friends, and family will never forget quality experiences. Whether hosting an intimate gathering or a corporate function, we can tailor our menu and wine list to meet your palate and budget. Our seasoned and intuitive staff will attend to every detail of your event. We would love to host a memorable private event of yours.
- Private Party Contact: Colleen Haws 859-341-8439x
- Entertainment: Grandview Tavern & Grille offers live music Monday through Saturday.
A word from Grandview Tavern & Grille
Individuals, friends, family, clients, colleagues, business partners, and romantics will never forget quality experiences. With drop lighting, polished wood appointments, fireside seating, a spacious patio, and live music, the ambiance is wonderful for all seasons. We work hard to deliver an unforgettable event through thoughtful preparation of our product.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Grandview Tavern & Grille - Best Restaurants in Fort Mitchell, KY ›
Grandview Tavern & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (24)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (14)special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (10)romantic (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Business MeetingJRWDineVIPDined on 5/22/2013I needed a private place to meet have lunch with several people that flew into Cincinnati. I chose the Grandview Tavern and Grille because it was not too loud, had great service and great food. They were okay with us staying for several several hours. I will definitely go back and will recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mother's day brunchtreyDined on 5/12/2013Poor setup. Mom stood in line next to the trash can in the brunch line. Food was less than average and not to temperature. Final insult was an automatic 18% tip added to the tab on a party of 5.
- Excellent as alwaysGarygDined on 5/11/2013Even though its a drive for us we make it a point to visit at least once a month. Food and service is excellent. Wish we had its clone nearbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food; PriceytmanDined on 5/10/2013Service was very good, and the food was good. However, except for the pizza, prices were too high, and portions of fish were small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsWGsGatherDined on 5/1/2013Grandview has delicious food and drink every day of the week. We come for the Happy Hour deals, which change daily. Our group has met here 3 or 4 times and I have been an additional 3-4 (and I live in Louisville!) the service is always good.Special Features:
- Great food and drinksSteakLoverDined on 4/27/2013Took my wife, cousin, and her husband to GT&G on Saturday, everything was perfect and eaten in full. Upcharge for both chicken and shrimp on my pasta was a little harsh but now I know.
- Food was very good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2013Food was very good and the service was outstanding. The only drawback was that after the remodel there is much more emphasis on the bar area than dining.Special Features:
- First time my staff had beenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013First time my staff had been there, and they were very impressed. I think they'll be back!Special Features:
- The dining area is great forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013The dining area is great for meeting with friends to have a conversation and reconnect. I have found to food to be good and I always find something new to try It is not like dishes you get at everyother restraunt. Always great service.Special Features:
- Date/night outItaliangemDined on 4/2/2013Really enjoyed dining with husband at Grandview....perfect night out for just 2 of usSpecial Features:
- Won't be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013I was very disappointed. We were seated at the booth right by the door. I had reservations that were made on the 23rd of March for Easter Brunch. My first time there. I expected more of a selection. The only bread was biscuits, which were not available until I was almost finished eating, and hard cold bagels. The eggs were exactly like the powered eggs served at Frishes breakfast bar, yuck. The sliced ham was very cold and the roast beef was bloodily, chewy and cold, raw. The server made us feel rushed, as if she wanted to get as many patrons as possible during her shift. Overall, I believe this brunch was way way overpriced!! Next time I want a breakfast, (brunch) of this fashion, I will go to Frishes. It's better& priced fairly.
- Easter BuffetDebbieVIPDined on 3/31/2013We had a family Easter Brunch. It was good, although the regular menu is much better. I am never a huge fan of the buffet. However I did enjoy the omelet station and the shrimp was excellent. The balance was buffet food.Special Features:
- Went for a family Easter Brunch;BillDined on 3/31/2013Went for a family Easter Brunch; the food was excellent, service was very friendly and efficient without being "overbearing. A really enjoyable family outing; we will go back in the near future.Special Features:
- We really didn't have ANYukalumDined on 3/22/2013We really didn't have ANY complaints. Food was excellent and service was superior.Special Features:
- Delicious pizza. Dough isxxxxxxVIPDined on 3/18/2013Delicious pizza. Dough is made on-premise and was served baked to a crispy perfection. High quality toppings. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- We are regulars at the Grandview.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013We are regulars at the Grandview. That about sums it up. There are lots of other restraurants available.Special Features:
- The server was not as knowledgableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013The server was not as knowledgable about the menu as past servers have been. She was average (did not announce specials) but Colleen, the owner, made a few appearances to all of the tables. My food was delicious but not everyone at the table agreed about their order being outstanding.Special Features:
- Very nice for a quiet dinner.Love2EatOutDined on 2/28/2013Very nice for a quiet dinner. There is a dining area that is quiet and separate fromn the Bar area, giving you the best of both worlds.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant, wifeTedsVIPDined on 2/16/2013Love this restaurant, wife was back in town for a visit and after two 'new' restaurants downtown we needed a good one and Grandview is a GREAT one., thanks!Special Features:
- Valentines Day Dinner withSteakLoverDined on 2/14/2013Valentines Day Dinner with Wife, She had the Filet that was very good, I had Spicy pasta dish. Very good with great serviceSpecial Features:
- Reserved early for ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Reserved early for Valentines Day --expected to be seated in the restaraunt area and got seated in the bar where it was pretty loud--Not exactly what I had in mind. Still enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- Exceptional always.....JonCDined on 2/8/2013Always a good time at Grandview Tavern & Grille. Food and service is always A+. If you haven't been, you don't know what you are missing out on. Reservations highly recommended for weekends.Special Features:
- Food and service was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013Food and service was great! Will definitely return, especially after the weather breaks for outdoor dining too. Glad I found Grandview!Special Features:
- Our server was excellent andDebbieVIPDined on 1/29/2013Our server was excellent and very knowledgeable. We enjoyed the anti-pasta platter although it came with 3 pieces of bread, which was not enough for the amount of meat and cheese that came with the platter, so we asked for additional bread, that we were charged for. Also, they left off the olives and when we asked they brought them out in a separate bowl. My husband had the pot pie and he very much enjoyed that. I chose the tuna appetizer for my dinner which was well prepared and delicious; it was plenty after polishing off the appetizer.Special Features:
- Service was excellent. WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2013Service was excellent. Waiter was friendly and attentive and very knowledgeable. I had the seafood special which was good...it would have been even better had it been hotter. It was cooked, just not hot enough. Partner, who had beef tournadeos had the same feedback...good just needs to be hotter. Desserts were really good. Looking forward to my next visit.
- Nice time for all of us. PricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2013Nice time for all of us. Priced moderately. Food was very good and I will returnSpecial Features:
- bar noise way too loud asOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/18/2013bar noise way too loud as it filtered into the dining roomSpecial Features:
- I first came to GrandviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013I first came to Grandview this summer with a team outing and we sat on the patio and I loved it! Did not even know your establishment was here. I just live in Burlington, KY and am very happy to have discovered the Grandview. So, when we had to plan a smaller team outing, you were my first suggestion! Our second outing was just as good and actually even better because we were a smaller group! You were able to accomodate one of our group who had a special gluten free request and our server was great!Special Features:
- Food was absolutely wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Food was absolutely wonderful. Maybe a little overpriced, but it was a good meal. The service was slow, but the wait staff was friendly, and it was New Year's Eve, so I guess you can expect that. We would definitely go back, but just be prepared for the bill to be a little pricey.
- Table was ready when we arrived.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Table was ready when we arrived. Service was prompt and friendly. Special New Years Menu offered several choices. Excellent, we'll be back.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012We had a wonderful experience. The food was great. Service was outstanding. The only thing that would have made our visit better, was if we were seated by the fireplace and live music.Special Features:
- Our waiter, David did a fineBeelDined on 12/24/2012Our waiter, David did a fine job! Attentive to the customers needs, pleasant . Thanks for being part of the Cmas Holiday) Bill D & TeriSpecial Features:
- Food and service were good;BillDined on 12/24/2012Food and service were good; appreciate that they were open on Christmas Eve.Special Features:
- Even with a reservation, weGretchenVIPDined on 12/21/2012Even with a reservation, we were seated in the bar. Very crowded, people standing around our table, VERY loud. We had a hard time hearing one another and our server.
- Inside and outside, GrandviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2012Inside and outside, Grandview Tavern is the best!!!!Special Features:
- Too much salt and garlicOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/1/2012The sauces were very rich and seemed over salted. The appetizer bruschetta was good but it had way too much fresh garlic.Special Features:
- I've had a number of veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012I've had a number of very good dinner experiences at Grandview, but this was a disaster. Although we made reservations well in advance, the hostess seated us in the bar-- noisy, crowded, unpleasant. She didn't ask about our seating preference-- just took us to the bar and plopped us about 6 feet from a stage where, shortly after, a bad called "Mange" set up and played. Forget conversation. There were open tables in the restaurant area of the establishment. Why we were led off to the bar, I don't know. I do know that I don't like eating in bars. I ordered sea bass. It was so salty it was nearly inedible. About half my meal was left on my plate. I don't know what happened to Grandview on Saturday night, but it was a big disappointment.Special Features:
- Our server JACK was amazing!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2012Our server JACK was amazing!!!!!!!! Very friendly and attentive!Special Features:
- Great little tucked away spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2012This was our first time here. When we entered it was So Loud we couldn't even hear ourselves. However when you get past the bar that was a very energetic fun place for those who enjoy that scene, the back part is very quiet. We had a Wonderful Server named Jack and he knows the menu and wine list quite well, and he gave us EXCELLENT Service. The bottle of wine that I chose they were out of and I was impressed the manager actually came over and apologized for not having it. We shared the Baked Brie, of which was absolutely delicious. My husband ordered the Tornados of which were cooked perfectly med-rare and my Talapia was delicious. Save room for dessert. Can't wait to go back. Thank you Jack for a Delightful evening.Special Features:
- We have been to GrandviewGretchenVIPDined on 11/1/2012We have been to Grandview MANY times, however, after our meal on Thursday I will have to think hard about returning. Service was slow, waiter was very chatty when he did come over but became annoying with his comments. Food was very overdone. Almost seemed as if it had sat under heat lamps. Sent chicken back.