Manhattan of La Jolla
7766 Fay Ave
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Manhattan of La Jolla
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://manhattanoflajolla.com/
- Phone: 8584590700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Happy Hour: Sunday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: P.J. Macaluso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details. You can book the whole restaurant or one side.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Wolf or Nancy O'Donnell 8584590700
- Entertainment: We offer live music Wednesdays from 7 pm to 10 pm
Thursdays from 7 pm to 10 pm, Fridays and Saturdays from 8 pm to 11 pm.
Wednesday nights its 'OPERA MEETS SINATRA' with Roman Palacios and featuring Tommy Gannon on piano. A must see!
Thursday thru Saturday nights its Tad Sisler, a world-class entertainer with outstanding vocals plus excellent musicianship on piano and keyboards. He offers outstanding vocals plus excellent musicianship on piano and keyboards with an authentic sound.
A word from Manhattan of La Jolla
Manhattan of La Jolla transports you to the best of New York via the cozy, upscale village of La Jolla. Located in the Empress Hotel on Fay Avenue, it is an elegant, casual and classy place where you would expect to see Old Blue Eyes or Danny Ocean romancing a beautiful woman while she sips her Cosmo over dinner. With quality Italian charm, Manhattan offers classic cocktails that get you into that New York swing--and the entrees are as good as it gets. Liberal olive oil, garlic, lemon and pepper complement the Zagat Award winning veal chop, steaks and seafood. Signature scampi, classic cannelloni, pasta al dente, and other succulent dishes, plus professional service and decor make this a terrific spot for a romantic dinner or mixing business and pleasure. Manhattan in La Jolla gets you the best of both worlds. Manhattan is an award winning La Jolla favorite, celebrating its 25th year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Manhattan of La Jolla reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (16)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (13)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The service is probabaly theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2010The service is probabaly the best thing at the restaurant. Our waiter was very attentive and our water glasses were never lower than half and the drinks came quickly. The wine list isn't the best. Most of their wines you could find at Vons, but their reds were still pretty good none the less. The food was good, exactly what you would expect from a fine restaurant, but still leaving something to desire. Though i have to say their spinach salad is a must. Over all this is a nice restaurant, with good food and great service. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent and romantic restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2010Excellent and romantic restaurant. The food was fantastic and the service could not have been better. We will definetly be back.Special Features:
- Our experience at the ManhattanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/15/2010Our experience at the Manhattan was a great one. I can't wait to go back and have another Chocolate Martini and some Calamari. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to go to La Jolla and enjoy a nice relaxing evening, excellent food, and wonderful jazz.Special Features:
- The Manhattan was everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009The Manhattan was everything that we imagined it would be. The service was incredible and the food was amazing. We went for our 1 year anniversary and we plan on going back every year. I would highly recommend this spot for a romantic evening. Expect to pay for the night, we split our dinner and brought our own wine and the bill was well over $100.Special Features:
- This restaurant is over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009This restaurant is over rated and over priced. The service was half hearted and slow. The food was not worth the prices.Macaroni Grill has better food.
- The ambiance was lovely, exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2009The ambiance was lovely, except for the lighting, which was harsh and glaring. The waiter understood and tried to adjust it for us right away, but it never reached a comfortable level and it really detracted from the experience. The caesar salad was nothing special, kind of bland and almost limp, and not worth the cost, but the entries were wonderful. The eggplant parmigiana was, perhaps, the best I've ever had--and I love this dish! My dining companions all had the cannelloni and enjoyed it.