Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
8010 Towers Crescent Drive # 100
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/index.cfm
- Phone: 7036393080x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (last seating)
Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (last seating)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Group sizes up to 130 guests in the VIP Room
- Private Party Contact: Christina Mohr 8773306377
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
Located in the heart of Tysons Corner, Chima Brazilian Steakhouse brings a unique dining experience to metro Washington DC and Fairfax County. Chima's unique style of service "Rodizio" which means rotation brings to our diner a variety of beef, pork, chicken and fish in a dining rotation and served by our Gauchos directly to your table. Our wide and various offers on our salad bar make the dining experience at Chima a unique one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (174)good for groups (135)fit for foodies (102)romantic (72)notable wine list (51)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (33)kid-friendly (28)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (21)late-night find (15)great for brunch (9)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- FantasticPeteDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent. Service was great even though we never had a chance for salmon and swordfish until after we were all done and ready to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Brazilian SteakhouseDktran31VIPDined on 8/12/2014Went here on a Tuesday night for restaurant week - party of 9 - it was my 2nd time. Service was good for the most part, our main server had a little attitude towards the end but not a big deal - everyone else was superb. The food was very good. Being that it was restaurant week there were a few less options. The salad bar has numerous fresh items, they have the creamiest mashed potatoes ever. The various cuts of steak we had were all good along with the pork BBQ ribs and salmon. I was not a big fan of the swordfish. We also had bacon wrapped chicken and Brazilian sausage which were both pretty good. The drink menu is an iPad which is a cool high tech touch. My advice, come here when you are very, very hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad... but not good either :/MuyyumDined on 8/12/2014We are new to the area and decided to make reservations at several places for restaurant week to try to find a few new favorite places to dine. I read the reviews and decided to give Chima a try. The salad bar was fantastic! Everything was fresh and the options were elegant. The sauces on the bar were not quite as flavorful. The chimichurri and horserash were blah. The appetizers were good! The plantains especially :) The meat had no flavor. Many of the pieces were dry (I asked for med-rare and rare). I didn't have the filet, lamb or fish. The cuts of beef I did have were so dissapointing. I tried dipping in sauce from the salad bar but those were no help. I ended up just making multiple trips to the salad bar for my dinner.
- Huge Salad BardonnasundaeDined on 8/11/2014The salad bar is tasty and diverse. You don't need to even eat the meat with as much food as there is at the salad bar. Most of the meat is delicious. The servers with the meat, however, don't walk around enough for you to actually try every one. But I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegans should stay awayStephenVIPDined on 8/11/2014Meat, meat, and more meat. If that is what you like, and if you don't mind the high prices, this is a great place. I would not advise it for vegans, vegetarians, or those on a tight budget. I have been to Chima a few times, so obviously I fit into the former category, not the later.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different but goodVIgirlDined on 8/11/2014The service was great and so was the attention to detail, the manager greeted us and made us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good timekosmos8318Dined on 8/11/2014Definitely worth trying. All meats were cooked to perfection; the steak just melted in my mouth, chicken was crispy on the outside and very juicy, and the parmesan pork was very tasty. There were plenty side dish options, mostly greens, which I really liked. While dining the servers brought other cooked side dishes such as fried plantains, croquettes, and cheesy bread (this bread was awesome by the way), and they brought more if the plate was empty. The service was great, except for the fact that nobody greeted us as we walked out but the place was packed for restaurant week, so it was understandable. Since I'm not a big meat eater I probably won't be coming here often, but I definitely recommend this place to all meat-lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Channel Your Inner Carnivore...BanquoDined on 8/11/2014... and Chima is probably heavenly. Alas, on the night I was there I couldn't, and choosing the Restaurant Week menu meant foregoing some of Chima's best meats. Those that I sampled I found good, but not great: a few cuts were dry, and the BBQ spareribs were nowhere near as tender as those I cook myself. The salad bar was overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brazilians marvelsJeffrey434Dined on 8/11/2014Chima has a wonderful ambience and decor you're essentially paying for the setting. Food was alright but if you're a food critic nothing to rave about! Have had better Brazillian food otherwise. Seasoning is terribley lacking.Special Features:
- 5-Star ServicesamellecookeDined on 8/11/2014Our wait team was, as always, phenomenal! At any point, if it even looks like you may be thinking of a certain meat you want, they approach you, ask if you're waiting for something in particular and then immediately put a call order into their nifty iPods and within seconds your top sirloin or other meat of choice is table side. My mom and I come here quite frequently. We have never had a bad experience. We especially love coming during D.C. Restaurant Week because the deal is just too good to pass up.Special Features:
- just one thingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014my experience at chima was very good .the salad bar was excellent ,the meat was ok .
- Just Ok food, but excellent serviceCuriousGoDined on 8/9/2014The service was great, everyone was extremely kind, courteous, and ready to help make a great evening. The salad bar was eh at best. Everything, even the warm food, was cold. I must admit, I never had cooked asparagus and cooked broccoli that was then refrigerated. One bite repulsed me. My boys said even the bread and ride were extremely cold. That said, we were really there for the meat. Some was extremely good, but most was just fine - - nothing to write home about. We had been to a different Brazilian Steakhouse in Raleigh which was much better, and had high hopes for Chima. Overall, not worth the price.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysDateNightsDined on 8/9/2014This was the first time I brought my son, after I saw some other families bring their kids. He's only 1.5 yrs old but has food issues (allergies). The entire staff was helpful with what he can or cannot try. Super attentive in all aspects, fast service. And always the food quality was excellent. I will return!Special Features:
- Noisy but Good FoodMkblevDined on 8/5/2014I've been to churrascarias in Brasil (Mariu's, etc.), and Chima is authentic and as good as any of them. The salad bar is the best I've seen anywhere--everything tastes fresh and delicious and the selection is amazing. Try the Gorgonzola mousse. Chima is also a meat-lover's paradise. The service is very good, although the waiters who bring around the meat skewers don't seem to pay much attention to the little tokens. They stop and ask you if you want something, whether you have the token turned up or not--usually when you are a chewing a mouthful. The only fault with Chima is that it is extremely noisy. Dine at Chima when you have a big appetite for delicious food, but don't expect to have a conversation with your dinner guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElianiDined on 8/4/2014It is A Brazilian Steak House, but, if you are a vegetarian person, their salad bar is outstanding! Could not be better!Special Features:
- Singular Dining ExperienceFoodLover9Dined on 8/2/2014Great atmosphere, incredibly attentive service (by both the wait staff and the roaming Gauchos), and last -- but certainly not least -- outstanding food! Helpful tip -- to take full advantage of the amazing 'meat fest' don't eat much during the day of your visit to Chima's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Have Been BetterShellsDined on 8/2/2014I wanted rib eye and fillet mignon without bacon, that was all the meat I was interested in. I mentioned this to several people/waiters. I was FINALLY brought rib eye at the very end of my meal when I was finished. When more than halfway through the meal I was FINALLY brought fillet mignon without bacon it was RAW and I asked for med. I had to try top sirloin or not eat any meat, which was very good. My husband loved everything, was extremely pleased with his dinner. This was our 2nd visit and I don't recall having this issue the first time. I did enjoy several items on the salad bar and the little "meat balls & cheese puffs". Without these items I would have starved waiting for meat.Special Features:
- Great FoodKelBeanDined on 8/1/2014I have been to Chima many times and it is always good. Their service outstanding. I love this restaurant"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Excellent Food, and well trained, excellent service. Would return, and highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Fantastic ServiceFoodie1811Dined on 7/30/2014Great food, but Oz and his team provided perfect service. Made the evening a lot of fun and was simply a great host. Highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- A delightful eveningFoodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014My friend and I were celebrating our birthdays together and we enjoyed an evening that was just delightful at Chima! The salad bar is amazing! The meats presented throughout the evening were all terrific except for the fish. I tried the salmon and it was just Ok. The leg of lamb was the best! Loved the bacon wrapped chicken also. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just ok imoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014On yelp people have said this place is better than Texas de Brazil. While they have more meats to choose from I personally prefer the quality at Texas.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Did not care for our seating area. It was all the way towards the back and the staff kept hitting my chair trying to get by. I can't blame them because the tables were so close together, but still it was very disruptive.Special Features:
- AwesomeGreat4allDined on 7/26/2014I was very impressed with the wait staff and the food. Everyone was very professional, pleasant and courteous. I would highly recommend Chima Restaurant for any occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is awesome!DCHeroDined on 7/24/2014Fantastic food and atmosphere. Service is top notch. Drinks are a little expensive but good. They were out of creme brûlée the last time I was there which was severely disappointing because it is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBirthdayDude22Dined on 7/22/2014Excellent food and staff! Desserts are to die for. But I suggest only going as a couple or in a very small group because it is extremely expensive. I had a group of 8 and spent over $700.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014I was pleasantly surprised of the amazing style of presentation. The food preparations were truly exquisite and delicious.Special Features:
- Has slipped considerablyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014I've been going to Chima's for several years. Use to love it. Last two times (June and July 2014) the quality of the meat has declined. Servers try to steer you away from the good cuts, don't come by as often, and usually begin with the pork and chicken. In their defense, the manager seems very attentive and always asks "is everything alright". My guess is that the price of beef and fish has increased substantially, so instead of increasing their prices Chima's decided to cut corners. This shows in the desserts as well. I sympathize with their dilemma, but I'll have to stop going there for a while.Special Features:
- DinnerFoodieDined on 7/17/2014During a recent dinner with my family at the Chima Brazilian Steakhouse in Washington, and in addition to the always delicious and diverse cuisine, I was very impressed by the highly attentive wait-staff and their attention to detail. I strongly recommend the Chima Brazilian Steakhouse in Washington to individuals who desire a first class dining experience!Special Features:
- overall greatjeffDined on 7/6/2014The beef at this restaurant is generally outstanding - once again they did a great job. We have been there many times and will continue to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat-lover's DelightJayDeeDined on 7/5/2014Our visit to Chima was a delightful dining experience. The selection of meats offered something for every taste, the salad and side bar far exceeded the quality of offerings for high end restaurants, and the service was outstanding, but not pushy. The top loin cut was the favorite at our table, but every choice was delicious. Next time we're in the DC area, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great, for the priceGodardthVIPDined on 7/4/2014I have been to other Brazilian steakhouses, some cheaper like Texas de Brazil and some in the same range like Fogo de Chao. The cuts were like Texas de Brazil at Fogo de Chao prices. Desserts are $10 to $15 also nothing out of the ordinary. This place is just an overpriced snob restaurant. Since they don't put prices anywhere I will tell you that I paid $150 (with tip) for two people. No alcohol drinks. 1 dessert.
- Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014Great place...took my sister from NYC here on the 4th. She loved it! So do I!! I'll be back soon. Super staff from great and meet to wait staff. Very enjoyable and well with the price!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1679 reviews are from the Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington reviews archive.
- Good but priceyDCDinerVIPDined on 7/3/2014I'm a big fan of Texas de Brazil and think it offers good value so I went to Chima, the Fairfax competition, specifically to see if was worth the 15%+ higher price. The answer is a solid maybe. The salad bar has a wider variety of items, but I can't really say it was better. Chima has the same basic meat items as TdB and Fogo. I was impressed with how moist everything was, even when cooked more than I would prefer. The decor is very nice, although it is really one big room and the video screen in the middle is kind of strange. The wine list is okay but does not have the same depth at various price points as TdB. So is it better than TdB - for meat, yes. 15% better overall? Maybe. (Sign up for the email list and get a $20 coupon.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for groups!SebaDined on 7/1/2014We went on a group of 5, and the tables are excellent for groups. Nobody ever felt distant from each other when having conversations. The place has fantastic food, the servers and the gauchos are very friendly and willing to make you happy. My only problem was that our table kept asking for filet mignon and they took forever to bring it to us. It seems that they keep the more expensive beef out of the grill until someone asks for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chima Brazilian SteakhouseempotterDined on 6/25/2014Chima Brazilian Steakhouse was a refreshing change from Fogo de Chao. I like both places but the food at Chima was a little less salty. I went on a Wednesday night, and there was a large crowd but it wasn't quite as hectic as Fogo de Chao. The servers were attentive but not overbearing. Overall, it was a nice experience and good for a special night out with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good even better service!MeatavoreDined on 6/25/2014I have been here several times so far and each time I've brought some newbies with me whom beg to return at least once a month. The food is amazing and how much better can you get than All you can eat HIGH END quality meat! What's even better is the staff is really efficient. They tend to you as if you were the only diners at the place. Of course, the meat comes around often and the only way that it could improve is to have the meat come around in 2 separate areas as if they are part of a different restaurant. Try the Picanha as its their house special and is really well prepared. The beef ribs, charred flank steak and the Picanha are my meat's that I tend to gravitate towards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatscoodleDined on 6/23/2014This is an outstanding restaurant that has great food and a friendly atmosphere. I will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- AwesomeDemon666Dined on 6/22/2014I got introduced to Chima when my friends took me out about a month ago. The food was delicious, the meat was tender and perfectly seasoned, and there was enough variety to satisfy any meat lover. The service was spot-on with a friendly staff who made sure that we had everything that we needed. The restaurant has a soft, elegant yet modern atmosphere that welcomes everyone as they come inside. I was so pleased that I took my family out for Father's Day where my folks were impressed as well. This just became my favorite go-to location for any special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- juneauDined on 6/22/2014I wish they were open for lunch on the weekends or a big sunday brunch like normandy farms here in mdSpecial Features: