Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
8010 Towers Crescent Drive # 100
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/index.cfm
- Phone: 7036393080x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Group sizes up to 130 guests in the VIP Room
- Private Party Contact: Christina Mohr 8773306377
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
Located in the heart of Tysons Corner, Chima Brazilian Steakhouse brings a unique dining experience to metro Washington DC and Fairfax County. Chima's unique style of service "Rodizio" which means rotation brings to our diner a variety of beef, pork, chicken and fish in a dining rotation and served by our Gauchos directly to your table. Our wide and various offers on our salad bar make the dining experience at Chima a unique one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (172)good for groups (140)fit for foodies (107)romantic (69)notable wine list (55)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (26)kid-friendly (23)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (10)scenic view (10)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- Great varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014The "salad" bar alone is worth the trip. "Salad" is a vast understatement. There are 3 kinds of meat and 2 kinds of seafood, plus cheeses, in addition to the usual salad bar fare. Different cuts of beef, chicken, pork and lamb are brought to your table on skewers and you take as much or as little of each as you want. The variety alone is well worth the trip. This is a steal at Restaurant Week prices and the usual price of $52.50 per person at other times is a very fair price, compared with other restaurants and steakhouses. We will be back! (I really wish they would offer a reduced price for the salad bar alone as an option, but they might sell a lot less meat if they did.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat and salad bar good but jippedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We went here for restaurant week. What they don't tell you is none of the best meats, filet mignon w bacon, lamb, and lamb chops, do not come with the deal. One of our waiters was very good but the other didn't seem to care much. Despite that disappointment the meat and salad bar were both very good. However I'm not sure it's any better than any other Brazilian steakhouse. It's base price is $52.50 so if you find another cheaper I'd prob go for it.Special Features:
- Friday Night DinnerPeruRicanDined on 8/15/2014From the phone call to confirm our reservation to walking out after our dinner, this restaurant was superb. We had a reservation for 6:15pm and were seated as soon as we checked in. Our waiter for the evening quickly came to our table with water and quickly ran through how the restaurant worked and got us on our way to eating. We never felt rushed to leave or anything. We stayed for 2 1/2 hours eating and talking and drinking our wine. Every server that came to our table or assisted us were very friendly and made our evening much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat LoversDCfoodieDined on 8/15/2014If you're a meat lover, you'll enjoy Chima. They have a great salad bar, but don't fill up on that. Save your stomach room for the sirloin! Chima had excellent service. We'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Daniham16Dined on 8/15/2014The meats were great, staff was great and salad bar was AMAZING. I truly enjoyed my first experience at Chima and it will certainly not be our last.Special Features:
- FirsttimerDined on 8/15/2014Fodd was delicious! Will definitely return!! Top sirloin and flank steak were the best.Special Features:
- Great foodKristinDined on 8/15/2014The food was as always good. We always dined at Chima and it has become one of our favorite restaurant. However, this time we were placed at the very back. We came at 4:40 pm and the place is relatively empty so we requested to be moved closer to the buffet area but they declined because they said that all tables are booked. I don't know if this is the case because we booked through OpenTable. Anyway, when we left the table/ area we requested to sit at was still empty.Special Features:
- Too Busy and LoudLoreleyDined on 8/14/2014On the night I arrived, a Thursday, I had booked for a party of three. We were on time, but asked to wait for an extra 15 minutes. After 30 minutes and having asked about a table for the second time we were seated. The staff were very busy and the person responsible for our table did her best. However, I found the service at times slow. I have been here before and the experience was better. It was obviously a bad night. Overall, the "background" noise level was such that it was very difficult to speak with each other at the table unless we raised our voices to the general noise level. This was very tiring and it is probably the main issue I would have with this restaurant i.e. it is really loud. The food is good.Special Features:
- Great!shanksDined on 8/14/2014The food was outstanding and the service was spectacular! What a great restaurant to add to 'Restaurant Week'- gives everyone a chance to enjoy some incredible food.Special Features:
- Steak galoreJessieDined on 8/14/2014Chima had amazing meat, the steak, pork and even chicken were delicious. Definitely go hungry because you will consume a lot of... everything!! Would not go every month definitely a special occasion type of scene but very enjoyable nonetheless.Special Features:
- Great B-day CelebrationChileanDined on 8/14/2014Everything was fantastic at Chima Brazilian Steakhouse. We (7people) were celebrating my friend's birthday and they made sure to give him a special treatment. Service was prompt and cordial and the food was simple delicious. I am very happy to have chosen this restaurant for our celebration and I will definitely come back soon =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Hungry!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014We went for restaurant week so it was a more limited menu. The choices were still abundant with a good variety. The flank steak was perfectly done & was my favorite. The service was very good. With so many servers going around it is a high energy place & fairly noisy but you never feel rushed. There is valet parking which is recommended because the on street parking is very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great conceptOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014Been wanting to try and went for restaurant week. The salad bar is an experience for itself, the meats just keep on coming. You have to be into meat to really like this place. Wait staff carves the meats of the skewers in front of of you, then move on to the next table. So it is family style, but with the entire restaurant. Would like to go back outside of restaurant week since the waitstaff for clearly exhausted and could not keep us with any orders or provide a decent service.Special Features:
- a terrific evening!ellenlovestoeatDined on 8/14/2014Delicious food.. awesome salad bar.. meats cooked to perfection.. wait staff so attentive .. both male diners named Michael, waiter named Michael.. immediate bond and constant flow of delicious food.. smiles from customers and staff.. a wonderful night.. thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceGuaraniDined on 8/14/2014We celebrated our 10th years wedding anniversary at chima. Best experience ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed my first experienceNikkiDined on 8/14/2014I truly enjoyed my first experience and would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Not bad by any means but I was expecting much more for my $50. Could have gotten a $20 steak at Longhorn's for better meal.Special Features:
- AtravelerDined on 8/14/2014It is sad, but this used to be a favorite of mine. My last visit, however, was different. The meets were below standard, and the service was terrible. We were told that they served 16 cuts of meet, but in practice, we did not see that many. Also, after a little while, they ignore you and stop coming. And, if you download the $20 discount code from the Internet, they will not serve you dessert, and will add a mandatory $20% tip, which discounts their discount.
- Endless HappinessEtjsingerDined on 8/13/2014I love Chima. I look forward for weeks to going there! The food is absolutely incredible, and who can possibly have anything bad to say about unlimited delicious steak? The salad bar is also wonderful- including all regular salad items along with fresh mozzarella balls, smoked salmon, and a seafood salad. This is a wonderful experience for a group of people, and I highly recommend it for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful timeTakemeout2eatDined on 8/13/2014Food was delicious, especially the parmesan crusted pork loin. Nice treat for the family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISE, NOISE, NOISE!!!!ButchtDined on 8/13/2014The food was not as good as in previous visits. The salad bar is outstanding, but the noise level is almost unbearable, and it is very difficult to have a conversation, without asking people to repeat their messages. Too bad!!! I will return, but perhaps choose a time when there are fewer diners, and much less noise. We even had a problem hearing our server(s)!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPeteDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent. Service was great even though we never had a chance for salmon and swordfish until after we were all done and ready to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Brazilian SteakhouseDktran31VIPDined on 8/12/2014Went here on a Tuesday night for restaurant week - party of 9 - it was my 2nd time. Service was good for the most part, our main server had a little attitude towards the end but not a big deal - everyone else was superb. The food was very good. Being that it was restaurant week there were a few less options. The salad bar has numerous fresh items, they have the creamiest mashed potatoes ever. The various cuts of steak we had were all good along with the pork BBQ ribs and salmon. I was not a big fan of the swordfish. We also had bacon wrapped chicken and Brazilian sausage which were both pretty good. The drink menu is an iPad which is a cool high tech touch. My advice, come here when you are very, very hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad... but not good either :/MuyyumDined on 8/12/2014We are new to the area and decided to make reservations at several places for restaurant week to try to find a few new favorite places to dine. I read the reviews and decided to give Chima a try. The salad bar was fantastic! Everything was fresh and the options were elegant. The sauces on the bar were not quite as flavorful. The chimichurri and horserash were blah. The appetizers were good! The plantains especially :) The meat had no flavor. Many of the pieces were dry (I asked for med-rare and rare). I didn't have the filet, lamb or fish. The cuts of beef I did have were so dissapointing. I tried dipping in sauce from the salad bar but those were no help. I ended up just making multiple trips to the salad bar for my dinner.
- Huge Salad BardonnasundaeDined on 8/11/2014The salad bar is tasty and diverse. You don't need to even eat the meat with as much food as there is at the salad bar. Most of the meat is delicious. The servers with the meat, however, don't walk around enough for you to actually try every one. But I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegans should stay awayStephenVIPDined on 8/11/2014Meat, meat, and more meat. If that is what you like, and if you don't mind the high prices, this is a great place. I would not advise it for vegans, vegetarians, or those on a tight budget. I have been to Chima a few times, so obviously I fit into the former category, not the later.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different but goodVIgirlDined on 8/11/2014The service was great and so was the attention to detail, the manager greeted us and made us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good timekosmos8318Dined on 8/11/2014Definitely worth trying. All meats were cooked to perfection; the steak just melted in my mouth, chicken was crispy on the outside and very juicy, and the parmesan pork was very tasty. There were plenty side dish options, mostly greens, which I really liked. While dining the servers brought other cooked side dishes such as fried plantains, croquettes, and cheesy bread (this bread was awesome by the way), and they brought more if the plate was empty. The service was great, except for the fact that nobody greeted us as we walked out but the place was packed for restaurant week, so it was understandable. Since I'm not a big meat eater I probably won't be coming here often, but I definitely recommend this place to all meat-lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Channel Your Inner Carnivore...BanquoDined on 8/11/2014... and Chima is probably heavenly. Alas, on the night I was there I couldn't, and choosing the Restaurant Week menu meant foregoing some of Chima's best meats. Those that I sampled I found good, but not great: a few cuts were dry, and the BBQ spareribs were nowhere near as tender as those I cook myself. The salad bar was overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brazilians marvelsJeffrey434Dined on 8/11/2014Chima has a wonderful ambience and decor you're essentially paying for the setting. Food was alright but if you're a food critic nothing to rave about! Have had better Brazillian food otherwise. Seasoning is terribley lacking.Special Features:
- 5-Star ServicesamellecookeDined on 8/11/2014Our wait team was, as always, phenomenal! At any point, if it even looks like you may be thinking of a certain meat you want, they approach you, ask if you're waiting for something in particular and then immediately put a call order into their nifty iPods and within seconds your top sirloin or other meat of choice is table side. My mom and I come here quite frequently. We have never had a bad experience. We especially love coming during D.C. Restaurant Week because the deal is just too good to pass up.Special Features:
- just one thingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014my experience at chima was very good .the salad bar was excellent ,the meat was ok .
- Just Ok food, but excellent serviceCuriousGoDined on 8/9/2014The service was great, everyone was extremely kind, courteous, and ready to help make a great evening. The salad bar was eh at best. Everything, even the warm food, was cold. I must admit, I never had cooked asparagus and cooked broccoli that was then refrigerated. One bite repulsed me. My boys said even the bread and ride were extremely cold. That said, we were really there for the meat. Some was extremely good, but most was just fine - - nothing to write home about. We had been to a different Brazilian Steakhouse in Raleigh which was much better, and had high hopes for Chima. Overall, not worth the price.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysDateNightsDined on 8/9/2014This was the first time I brought my son, after I saw some other families bring their kids. He's only 1.5 yrs old but has food issues (allergies). The entire staff was helpful with what he can or cannot try. Super attentive in all aspects, fast service. And always the food quality was excellent. I will return!Special Features:
- Noisy but Good FoodMkblevDined on 8/5/2014I've been to churrascarias in Brasil (Mariu's, etc.), and Chima is authentic and as good as any of them. The salad bar is the best I've seen anywhere--everything tastes fresh and delicious and the selection is amazing. Try the Gorgonzola mousse. Chima is also a meat-lover's paradise. The service is very good, although the waiters who bring around the meat skewers don't seem to pay much attention to the little tokens. They stop and ask you if you want something, whether you have the token turned up or not--usually when you are a chewing a mouthful. The only fault with Chima is that it is extremely noisy. Dine at Chima when you have a big appetite for delicious food, but don't expect to have a conversation with your dinner guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElianiDined on 8/4/2014It is A Brazilian Steak House, but, if you are a vegetarian person, their salad bar is outstanding! Could not be better!Special Features:
- Singular Dining ExperienceFoodLover9Dined on 8/2/2014Great atmosphere, incredibly attentive service (by both the wait staff and the roaming Gauchos), and last -- but certainly not least -- outstanding food! Helpful tip -- to take full advantage of the amazing 'meat fest' don't eat much during the day of your visit to Chima's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Have Been BetterShellsDined on 8/2/2014I wanted rib eye and fillet mignon without bacon, that was all the meat I was interested in. I mentioned this to several people/waiters. I was FINALLY brought rib eye at the very end of my meal when I was finished. When more than halfway through the meal I was FINALLY brought fillet mignon without bacon it was RAW and I asked for med. I had to try top sirloin or not eat any meat, which was very good. My husband loved everything, was extremely pleased with his dinner. This was our 2nd visit and I don't recall having this issue the first time. I did enjoy several items on the salad bar and the little "meat balls & cheese puffs". Without these items I would have starved waiting for meat.Special Features:
- Great FoodKelBeanDined on 8/1/2014I have been to Chima many times and it is always good. Their service outstanding. I love this restaurant"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Excellent Food, and well trained, excellent service. Would return, and highly recommendSpecial Features: