Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
8010 Towers Crescent Drive # 100
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.chimasteakhouse.com/index.cfm
- Phone: 7036393080x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (last seating)
Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm (last seating)
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (last seating)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Group sizes up to 130 guests in the VIP Room
- Private Party Contact: Christina Mohr 8773306377
A word from Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington
Located in the heart of Tysons Corner, Chima Brazilian Steakhouse brings a unique dining experience to metro Washington DC and Fairfax County. Chima's unique style of service "Rodizio" which means rotation brings to our diner a variety of beef, pork, chicken and fish in a dining rotation and served by our Gauchos directly to your table. Our wide and various offers on our salad bar make the dining experience at Chima a unique one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Chima Brazilian Steakhouse - Washington reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (170)good for groups (132)fit for foodies (99)romantic (70)notable wine list (50)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (34)neighborhood gem (27)kid-friendly (24)great for lunch (18)late-night find (14)scenic view (9)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- First TimeFrankDined on 8/16/2014This was my first at Chima. It was a terrific experience! The food was perfectly cooked and the salad bar was excellent. The only issue was that I had to keep asking the waiter for the higher level meats (Filet, Lamb, etc.) to be served to our table. But they came within a few minutes.. Thanks for the great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticfood4lifeDined on 8/16/2014I had the pleasure of coordinating my friend's birthday dinner and I wanted to go somewhere different. I took a chance and made reservations at Chima and let's just say that we had a winner!! The food was delicious especially the beef ribs, they melt in your mouth and season perfectly; the service was excellent, we had two servers at all time in addition to the rotation of meat servers; and I can't wait to go back. We had reservations and wasn't seated until 20 minutes after our reservation but it was well worth the wait.Special Features:
- I expected more....MikeDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went to Chima and the service was great and we had a wonderful bottle of wine. The buffet is really over the top but I expected more out of the meats. As the meats were brought by the table they seemed to be hit or miss which surprised me. It was also very noisy in the restaurant which was distracting. I can't say I had a bad time but I did expect more from the place and it did not hit the mark.Special Features:
- Awesome find!JordanDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed this evening. The food, service and atmosphere was Awesome! My tip for any newbie would be to pace yourself. Don't go too strong on the salad bar at first. I tapped out way too soon. Overall, the food was great. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brazilian SteakhouseBrianJVIPDined on 8/16/2014Restaurant week is upon us and the big question is how does Chima compare to Fogo? Let's start out with the atmosphere - Chima wins here much better bar scene and outside seating was amazing for after dinner cocktail or coffee. Salad bar - both are very good but Fogo has this amazing bacon. I think more salad options at Chima (types of lettuce). Chima was much more kid friendly and had a good noise level. I think the meat at Chima could have had more dry rub seasoning but did enjoy the variety of dipping sauces very much. All in All I would go back to Chima for a special night or more likely a cocktail party on the patio.Special Features:
- Promise KeptYanniVIPDined on 8/16/2014Several years ago, we promised one of our adult children a visit to a Brazilian Steakhouse. It didn't work out that year, and we kept trying. We finally made it. The mixed reviews on this and other sites caused a bit of heartburn, but we gave it a go. It was well worth the experience. We were late for our reservation, but we had called and were seated promptly and courteously. The salad bar would have been enough, a great assortment, visually appealing and well prepared. I don't know where complaints about slow churrasqueiros came from. We couldn't flip our cards to "No Thanks" fast enough. With the exception of the salmon (cooked a bit too much for my taste) and the chicken (dry) it was great. Once every 5 years, though.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014This was a nice place to try for our special occasion (15 yr anniversary). However, the attention to detail from our waiter was lacking. He didn't even mention anything about our anniversary even though it was part of the reservation notes. Other high-end restaurants that we've visited for our anniversary have commented and/or made it special. Just felt like another customer at this restaurant :( We went during restaurant week, but upgraded our menu options but that was a waste because the additional "meats" that were included with the upgrade only came around 2 times.Special Features:
- You'll Need a Big AppetiteTheBestWifeyDined on 8/16/2014All I can say is wear something with an elastice waistband. The food was excellent and it just keeps coming. The salad bar was very good; Chimas's had more of a varity of selections. All and all, my husband enjoyed himself and that all that matters. Check it out, don't let the price scare you away; its worth every penny.Special Features:
- Fit for KingsNemoDined on 8/16/2014From the valet service, the warm reception at the front desk and the awesome assortment of food...everything was special at Chima.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Debauchery!OzuoVIPDined on 8/15/2014This place is amazing. Usually buffet is synonymous with low quality but not at Chima. The Filet Mignon and the Lamb Chops are insanely good and of excellent quality. The sides (Salads, soups, carbs, etc.) are to die for... The only concern is to make sure you don't over eat and make a pig of yourself..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food, great spotKroheDined on 8/15/2014The food itself was so far above expectations that I can't even put it into words. The tables themselves are close, but not so close that you're bumping elbows or sharing dishes. The staff are friendly and knowledgable. Only complaint - the dress code could be refined. Far too many people in halter tops and short shorts for what should be an upscale dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMsYummyDined on 8/15/2014I came during restaurant week and was disappointed they had two options for menus, one for the $35 didn't include lamb. To get the lamb, we had to choose the $50 menu. I also thought this place was a good choice because they had fish on the menu. Well... The salmon and swordfish was dry and the sauces they offer do not add any flavor. They really need to learn temperature for fish and to teach the servers steak temperatures. I asked for medium well twice and the steaks were well done. Lastly, their mash potatoes have a runny consistency. Go to Texas de Brazil not Chima.Special Features:
- Very satisfying dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/15/2014We had a great dinner here. The meat selection and taste was very good. The salad bar was also stocked with very good food. The service was slow, but in all fairness, this was during restaurant week so it could be that there were just too many people. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Restaurant week's findJamgalanVIPDined on 8/15/2014Although I was happy that Chima was on restaurant week, there was a slight disappointment just from me, because I go to churrascaria just because of lamb leg and lamb chop. I had to pay full/regular price to get my favorites. Other then that, everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- An Overrated SteakhouseSteakconnoisseurDined on 8/15/2014The meats were dry and not well seasoned. The wine list was not impressive. Service was just ok. There're other Brazilian steakhouses to which I'd rather go.Special Features:
- Great varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014The "salad" bar alone is worth the trip. "Salad" is a vast understatement. There are 3 kinds of meat and 2 kinds of seafood, plus cheeses, in addition to the usual salad bar fare. Different cuts of beef, chicken, pork and lamb are brought to your table on skewers and you take as much or as little of each as you want. The variety alone is well worth the trip. This is a steal at Restaurant Week prices and the usual price of $52.50 per person at other times is a very fair price, compared with other restaurants and steakhouses. We will be back! (I really wish they would offer a reduced price for the salad bar alone as an option, but they might sell a lot less meat if they did.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat and salad bar good but jippedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We went here for restaurant week. What they don't tell you is none of the best meats, filet mignon w bacon, lamb, and lamb chops, do not come with the deal. One of our waiters was very good but the other didn't seem to care much. Despite that disappointment the meat and salad bar were both very good. However I'm not sure it's any better than any other Brazilian steakhouse. It's base price is $52.50 so if you find another cheaper I'd prob go for it.Special Features:
- Friday Night DinnerPeruRicanDined on 8/15/2014From the phone call to confirm our reservation to walking out after our dinner, this restaurant was superb. We had a reservation for 6:15pm and were seated as soon as we checked in. Our waiter for the evening quickly came to our table with water and quickly ran through how the restaurant worked and got us on our way to eating. We never felt rushed to leave or anything. We stayed for 2 1/2 hours eating and talking and drinking our wine. Every server that came to our table or assisted us were very friendly and made our evening much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat LoversDCfoodieDined on 8/15/2014If you're a meat lover, you'll enjoy Chima. They have a great salad bar, but don't fill up on that. Save your stomach room for the sirloin! Chima had excellent service. We'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Daniham16Dined on 8/15/2014The meats were great, staff was great and salad bar was AMAZING. I truly enjoyed my first experience at Chima and it will certainly not be our last.Special Features:
- FirsttimerDined on 8/15/2014Fodd was delicious! Will definitely return!! Top sirloin and flank steak were the best.Special Features:
- Great foodKristinDined on 8/15/2014The food was as always good. We always dined at Chima and it has become one of our favorite restaurant. However, this time we were placed at the very back. We came at 4:40 pm and the place is relatively empty so we requested to be moved closer to the buffet area but they declined because they said that all tables are booked. I don't know if this is the case because we booked through OpenTable. Anyway, when we left the table/ area we requested to sit at was still empty.Special Features:
- Too Busy and LoudLoreleyDined on 8/14/2014On the night I arrived, a Thursday, I had booked for a party of three. We were on time, but asked to wait for an extra 15 minutes. After 30 minutes and having asked about a table for the second time we were seated. The staff were very busy and the person responsible for our table did her best. However, I found the service at times slow. I have been here before and the experience was better. It was obviously a bad night. Overall, the "background" noise level was such that it was very difficult to speak with each other at the table unless we raised our voices to the general noise level. This was very tiring and it is probably the main issue I would have with this restaurant i.e. it is really loud. The food is good.Special Features:
- Great!shanksDined on 8/14/2014The food was outstanding and the service was spectacular! What a great restaurant to add to 'Restaurant Week'- gives everyone a chance to enjoy some incredible food.Special Features:
- Steak galoreJessieDined on 8/14/2014Chima had amazing meat, the steak, pork and even chicken were delicious. Definitely go hungry because you will consume a lot of... everything!! Would not go every month definitely a special occasion type of scene but very enjoyable nonetheless.Special Features:
- Great B-day CelebrationChileanDined on 8/14/2014Everything was fantastic at Chima Brazilian Steakhouse. We (7people) were celebrating my friend's birthday and they made sure to give him a special treatment. Service was prompt and cordial and the food was simple delicious. I am very happy to have chosen this restaurant for our celebration and I will definitely come back soon =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Hungry!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014We went for restaurant week so it was a more limited menu. The choices were still abundant with a good variety. The flank steak was perfectly done & was my favorite. The service was very good. With so many servers going around it is a high energy place & fairly noisy but you never feel rushed. There is valet parking which is recommended because the on street parking is very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great conceptOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014Been wanting to try and went for restaurant week. The salad bar is an experience for itself, the meats just keep on coming. You have to be into meat to really like this place. Wait staff carves the meats of the skewers in front of of you, then move on to the next table. So it is family style, but with the entire restaurant. Would like to go back outside of restaurant week since the waitstaff for clearly exhausted and could not keep us with any orders or provide a decent service.Special Features:
- a terrific evening!ellenlovestoeatDined on 8/14/2014Delicious food.. awesome salad bar.. meats cooked to perfection.. wait staff so attentive .. both male diners named Michael, waiter named Michael.. immediate bond and constant flow of delicious food.. smiles from customers and staff.. a wonderful night.. thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceGuaraniDined on 8/14/2014We celebrated our 10th years wedding anniversary at chima. Best experience ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed my first experienceNikkiDined on 8/14/2014I truly enjoyed my first experience and would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Not bad by any means but I was expecting much more for my $50. Could have gotten a $20 steak at Longhorn's for better meal.Special Features:
- AtravelerDined on 8/14/2014It is sad, but this used to be a favorite of mine. My last visit, however, was different. The meets were below standard, and the service was terrible. We were told that they served 16 cuts of meet, but in practice, we did not see that many. Also, after a little while, they ignore you and stop coming. And, if you download the $20 discount code from the Internet, they will not serve you dessert, and will add a mandatory $20% tip, which discounts their discount.
- Endless HappinessEtjsingerDined on 8/13/2014I love Chima. I look forward for weeks to going there! The food is absolutely incredible, and who can possibly have anything bad to say about unlimited delicious steak? The salad bar is also wonderful- including all regular salad items along with fresh mozzarella balls, smoked salmon, and a seafood salad. This is a wonderful experience for a group of people, and I highly recommend it for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful timeTakemeout2eatDined on 8/13/2014Food was delicious, especially the parmesan crusted pork loin. Nice treat for the family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISE, NOISE, NOISE!!!!ButchtDined on 8/13/2014The food was not as good as in previous visits. The salad bar is outstanding, but the noise level is almost unbearable, and it is very difficult to have a conversation, without asking people to repeat their messages. Too bad!!! I will return, but perhaps choose a time when there are fewer diners, and much less noise. We even had a problem hearing our server(s)!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPeteDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent. Service was great even though we never had a chance for salmon and swordfish until after we were all done and ready to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Brazilian SteakhouseDktran31VIPDined on 8/12/2014Went here on a Tuesday night for restaurant week - party of 9 - it was my 2nd time. Service was good for the most part, our main server had a little attitude towards the end but not a big deal - everyone else was superb. The food was very good. Being that it was restaurant week there were a few less options. The salad bar has numerous fresh items, they have the creamiest mashed potatoes ever. The various cuts of steak we had were all good along with the pork BBQ ribs and salmon. I was not a big fan of the swordfish. We also had bacon wrapped chicken and Brazilian sausage which were both pretty good. The drink menu is an iPad which is a cool high tech touch. My advice, come here when you are very, very hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad... but not good either :/MuyyumDined on 8/12/2014We are new to the area and decided to make reservations at several places for restaurant week to try to find a few new favorite places to dine. I read the reviews and decided to give Chima a try. The salad bar was fantastic! Everything was fresh and the options were elegant. The sauces on the bar were not quite as flavorful. The chimichurri and horserash were blah. The appetizers were good! The plantains especially :) The meat had no flavor. Many of the pieces were dry (I asked for med-rare and rare). I didn't have the filet, lamb or fish. The cuts of beef I did have were so dissapointing. I tried dipping in sauce from the salad bar but those were no help. I ended up just making multiple trips to the salad bar for my dinner.
- Huge Salad BardonnasundaeDined on 8/11/2014The salad bar is tasty and diverse. You don't need to even eat the meat with as much food as there is at the salad bar. Most of the meat is delicious. The servers with the meat, however, don't walk around enough for you to actually try every one. But I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.