Blue Morel fka Copeland
2 Whippany Road
Morristown, NJ 07960Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Morel fka Copeland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bluemorel.com/
- Phone: 9734512619
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast 6:30am-10:30am Lunch Monday-Saturday 11:30am-2:30pm Dinner 5:30pm-10pm Sunday Brunch 12:00pm-2:30pm SUNDAY BRUNCH BUFFET - includes breakfast favorites, sensational entrees and tantalizing desserts with a glass of champagne, mimosa, blood mary, or a signature cocktail. Sunday Supper 4:00pm-9:00pm SUNDAY SUPPER - features a three course menu for $29 per person, 50% off select wines by the bottle, and allows guests to bring a special bottle from their own cellar at no corkage.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Takafuji
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Blue Morel Restaurant is located in the Westin Governor Morris which offers the most elegant space for business meetings, weddings and bar mitzvahs! Accommodating up to 400 guests, we would be happy to be at your service! Call David Lombardi to make arrangements for your occasion at 973.451.2611.
- Entertainment: Two wide screen TV's at the Wine Bar.
- Special Events: Blue Morel hosts a variety of special events including Scotch and winemaker dinners and tastings, wine educational series and number of others. Please call for information on upcoming events at 973.451.2619.
A word from Blue Morel fka Copeland
Blue Morel Restaurant and Wine Bar (Named Top 10 New Restaurants in U.S.) combines the finest seasonal ingredients from local, regional, organic and sustainable farms with the culinary creativity of Chef Thomas Ciszak and Chef Kevin Takafuji. Nestled in historic Morristown, New Jersey, Blue Morel creates a "Farm to Table" experience serving New American Cuisine, Sushi and a Seafood Raw Bar. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a buffet brunch is served on Sundays. Our new Sunday Supper features a three course menu for $29 per person. The Wine Bar offers more than 70 wines by the glass and half glass tastings and is available for receptions up to 25 people. For private dining, Blue Morel features the Wine Room, which seats up to 18 guests. For larger events, weddings and bar mitzvahs, elegant rooms are available to accomodate up to 400 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blue Morel fka Copeland reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)special occasion (32)notable wine list (27)romantic (26)good for groups (17)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Copeland was a disappointment.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2008Copeland was a disappointment. It did not come close to my expectation of a 4 star restuarant. The restuarant was lovely but very noisy, and this was not noted in any reviews. The waitress was personalbe and attentive. The monumental disappointment was that my entree had to be sent back because the beef was overcooked! Although I was compensated with a complimentary glass of wine, watching my table eat and then eating while they watched was unacceptable. The entree, a signature dish, was not worth the wait. I would not recommend Copeland.
- We felt the food was a bitStephenSSDined on 3/22/2008We felt the food was a bit underseasoned. Lamb shank was well prepared but could have had more flavor. The same for the tuna. Nice presentation and service.Special Features:
- Although the food was veryStPaulDinerDined on 3/21/2008Although the food was very good and interesting and the service was welcoming and gracious, I rated the overall experience a full notch below the food, ambiance and service because the prices of both the entrees and the wine were at least 30% too expensive. I will not return because I'd rather not waste my dining budget on inflated prices.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2008The food was outstanding!! And a very chic atmosphere. Martini bar is beautiful. The service as very good-- we had a fantastic evening.Special Features:
- Copeland has been a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/14/2008Copeland has been a great find and is my current favorite in NJ. The staff and manager are very attentive and the wine list is both exceptional and affordable. I'm consideringhaving my office holiday party at there.Special Features:
- I had started to have a drinkscotchnSodaDined on 2/7/2008I had started to have a drink when I had to leave due to a family emergency. I will again try to dine ther in the future.Special Features:
- While I thought the servingNu2CharlestonDined on 12/8/2007While I thought the serving sizes to be just a little less than adequate, my husband (and our guests) thought the servings were tiny. If you have a large appetite this is not the place for you; but if you are satisfied by wonderful taste, this will suit you.Special Features:
- This is my favorite restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2007This is my favorite restaurant. Food and service is always outstanding.Special Features: