OTD (aka Out the Door - Bush St.)
2232 Bush Street
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
OTD (aka Out the Door - Bush St.)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.outthedoors.com/
- Phone: 4159239575
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
br>Lunch: 11:00am – 2:30pm
Mid-day Snack: 2:30pm – 4:30
Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 9:00am –3:00pm
Dinner Monday-Saturday: 5:30pm – 10:00pm
Dinner Sunday 5:30pm- 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Charles Phan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For advanced notice pick-up orders, contact us at (415) 923-9575. For more information on off site catering please contact email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact a manager for pricing and details.
- Private Party Contact: Valerie Klein 4159239575
A word from OTD (aka Out the Door - Bush St.)
Charles Phan's latest addition comes to Pacific Heights. OTD serves lunch and dinner daily.Continued
Weekend brunch offers popular brunch favorites.
20 walk-in counter seats are also available on a first-come basis.
Weekend brunch offers popular brunch favorites.
20 walk-in counter seats are also available on a first-come basis.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
OTD (aka Out the Door - Bush St.) reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (64)great for lunch (40)great for brunch (26)hot spot (20)good for groups (17)special occasion (13)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Delicious and noisy. GreatNancyDined on 12/3/2013Delicious and noisy. Great Service. Can't go wrong on the menu. Great for sharing plates, and generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch PlaceWelchmanDined on 12/1/2013Our entire party enjoyed the brunch very much. Starters and the Vietnamese brunch items were excellent.Special Features:
- So yummySmileVIPDined on 11/29/2013The food is always delicious. We love the warm welcome by the manager upon arrival. The beef and chicken pho is out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out the DoorDennisVIPDined on 11/10/2013This was our 5th time at Out the Door, and it may be the last. The food and staff are very nice and service is good. But the noise level is getting out of control. We were a party of four and I could barely hear the guys across the table from me, and I am not hard of hearing. High pitched voices seem to reverberate off the stark walls and floor. We arrived at 5:30 and the noise from the table to our right went louder than our table starting at 5:45, so we suffered through almost our entire time there.
- YummySmileVIPDined on 10/26/2013We go almost every weekend to have the delicious spring rolls and the pho. I like the chicken pho and my fiancé likes the beef pho. It's always delicious and we love it there. The manager always makes us feel welcome by recognizing us upon arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uninspired food and serviceKjschuVIPDined on 10/19/2013Charles Phan is known for creative, flavorful food at the Sl;anted Door but this place really missed the mark. We were greeted enthusiastically by the hostess and were sure to get the same level of service at the table, but it was not to be. With such unique Asian dishes we were hoping that our server would be excited to share some of her favorites or at least guis us along the menu (not that we are novices - just looking for some spark.) We waited too long of ruer to even take our order and since we had a show to see, we ordered a few dishes that ended up being just ok. No follow-up from our server. We left feeling disappointed - this certainly wasn't a dining 'experience' we had hoped to receive in SF.Special Features:
- My new favorite restaurantarkmanDined on 10/7/2013This place is an absolute gem! Great food, wonderful service, and a nice atmosphere. My new favorite place to go before a movice at the Kabuki!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipping - Not what it used to beChuckVIPDined on 9/26/2013Chinese broccoli was not properly de-stringed, so to speak and so quite tough. Experimental lamb dish was fatty, poor quality but, to the credit of OTD, they took it off our bill. And said another diner had made the same criticisms. My comment: Please don't beta test on your customers. I don't want another Window's experience...
- Staying inside the Door!happy2eatoutVIPDined on 9/18/2013We loved this restaurant off busy Fillmore Street in San Fran! The variety of choices and preparation was terrific. The service delightful and just the right speed for hungry travelers. Unusual fare was offered and everything more than just tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/14/2013This is the second time I've come here for brunch and it was great both times. Met up with friends and we all loved it. Food and service was so pleasant. Awesome alternative to traditional brunch places. We ordered the chicken pho, grilled pork sausage, black sticky rice with avocado and it was all delicious! Will definitely be back. I want to try their pancakes next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dinnergaryVIPDined on 8/30/2013it was all delicious....we were just surprised that it seems to have gotten more expensive. one appetizer, one salad, two entrees and a carafe of wine came to $150 with tipSpecial Features:
- Good StuffJColiVIPDined on 8/23/2013I believe this is the sister restaurant to Slanted Door. OTD is a bit off Fillmore st. and can be missed easily. I stumbled upon it on a walk through the neighborhood. I had no idea the place existed. Great food at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodgeoootDined on 8/20/2013Ultimately, we come for the food, but the service and ambiance is great too. My go to place for having lunch with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceSmileVIPDined on 8/19/2013We normally go to OTD for bunch but decided to take out of town friends out for a fun dinner in the neighborhood. We were so excited that we ordered the BBQ pork spare ribs, spring rolls, red cabbage salad, and hue dumplings. Each item was so tasty and full of flavor. The broccolini with shiitake was out of this world. And the crab with cellophane noodles were quite delicious. We always enjoy dining at OTD. The manager at OTD is always so welcoming and friendly. Sorry, we don't know his name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and different Vietnamese placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2013It's a very nice place and the food is good, I LOVE the beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dream DateOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/11/2013This was my best date ever. I might even need to bring MY girl back at some point soon in order to re-live the amazingness that occurred last night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrific!francophileVIPDined on 7/24/2013I can always count on OTD for fresh, creative, delicious, healthy Vietnamese food and wonderful service. I go back again and again and all my friends also love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a convenient locationdoctorgVIPDined on 7/24/2013The little sister of the Slanted Door, with comparably excellent food and an easier time making a reservation, OTD is a great spot for Asian Fusion food off Fillmore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything prepared perfectlyJewelryMavenDined on 7/23/2013Grilled 5 spice chicken, grass-fed estancia ranch beef sirloin, garlic, tomatoes, potatoes, scallions and the jicama and grapefruit salad were my favorites. Everything prepared perfectly and presented beautifully. Three of us for lunch, 5 dishes to share came to $23 each with tip. My only complaint is the noise level when all the tables are filled.Special Features:
- Great food, love it!mcecDined on 7/22/2013Great food , like Slanted Door but not impossible to get into!Special Features:
- +1 for ambiance, food, wineMichaelVIPDined on 7/16/2013Really enjoyed my dinner here. The food was impeccably fresh, though each dish had less personality overall than dishes at The Slanted Door: those at OTD were slightly less zippy. (That's not really a complaint.) I really enjoyed the wine list & opportunity to taste wines from small CA producers--plus a well-curated list of imports. At first, my server seemed a bit disengaged but once she started talking about wines she really stepped up and recommended some terrific selections. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2013The service was great, I was seated right away and everyone was very nice and attentive. The food was incredible, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The fried chicken was great, even though I didn't love the fried chicken by itself, it was fantastic combined with the sauce they give you for it. The deserts were great too and we even received a complimentary desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laid back and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2013A bustling spot, everyone was very friendly and attentive though. Sat at the bar and the bartender was nice, knowledgeable and laid back. The food was really wonderful. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great - as always plus new dish.ChuckVIPDined on 6/29/2013New halibut dish: Fabulous! Worth the trip. Wonderful lime/lemon cilantro green sauce the best I've ever had (might have got the secret ingredients wrong).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyBirdieDined on 6/22/2013I am not crazy about dining at OTD. Though the food is wonderful, it is so loud I could not have a conversation with the waiter, or with my companions. It was really difficult to hear each other.
- Delicious but LoudTemporaryResidentDined on 6/21/2013This was our second visit to OTD, having been once for dinner with friends last fall. This time my wife and I came with a business associate, recalling how much we loved the food but having forgotten just how loud it can get in there. Once again, the food was outstanding. In particular, their salads are fabulous - I would come for lunch just for those - and the Imperial Rolls were really tasty. The wine selection is very interesting, and the staff is knowledgable about the choices. I would not, however, come here again with any ideas of discussing business. It is just too loud. Ideally we would go back for lunch, or just the two of us on a week night so there's less screaming involved in our mealtime conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2013I cannot rave enought about our dining experience. We showed up on time for our reservation and our table was not even near ready (big spenders; no fault of the restaurant). Afte apologizing the manager (?) assured us we were going to have a good night and eventually get to our table--until then, he would take care of us. And did he ever. They were attentive, kind and generous. The food was delicious and we have been raving about the experience all weekend long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too loud , deafening inOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/10/2013Way too loud , deafening in fact, but great otherwise.Special Features:
- Food Weekend in San FranciscprlachaDined on 6/8/2013My good friend and I went on a three day food filled weekend in San Francisco and OTD was at the top of our list. We really enjoyed the food, especially sitting at the chef's table where we could see the cooking by the chefs. Great meal with lots of good offerings, but the place was a bit loud not that I went there for the ambiance. Very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really expensive VietnameseUSGardensDined on 6/7/2013Filled up fast after opening at 5:30 on a Friday. Sound level grew from comfortable to unable to hear others at table -- sterile room has no sound absorption media. Vietnamese/Fusion is typical of all other Charles Phan's places -- and very good. But, expensive. Dinner (with no alcohol) came to $70 each with tax, tip and contribution to employee insurance.Special Features:
- i heart otdElisaVIPDined on 6/1/2013I've been here several times as its in my neighborhood and it never disappoints. The shaking beef is a popular dish. I love their salmon. Its great for medium size groups.Special Features:
- Service, pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2013Consistently brought food & drink to wrong person in party. Forgot to bring drink refills. Food excellent!
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2013The overall experience was great. Our waiter was very kind and very helpful. The food was great, and the wine was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want to shout!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/7/2013Love this restaurant and have gone many times for casual lunch. But the noise...Go slightly off time so the place is not full. If it is , it is very hard to be heard. It would be completely off my list if the food wasn't so good.Special Features:
- As always, the food was excellent.RPeatsVIPDined on 5/4/2013As always, the food was excellent. However, our server was quite inattentive. He seemed to hang around the communal table and did not check in with us during the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OTD SisterAreteDined on 5/4/2013I have eaten at OTD several times over the years. The fare is similar to it's sister the Slanted Door. Generally, I found the starters/appetizers/soups/noodle dishes to be excellent, while the entrees and vegetable dishes were just so, so. In fact the next time I visit I'm just sticking with the top half of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In addition to the wonderfulfrancophileVIPDined on 4/28/2013In addition to the wonderful food, always fresh and well prepared, the service is truly outstanding. I never tire of eating at OTD!Special Features:
- We love OTD restaurant. TheKimmyVIPDined on 4/28/2013We love OTD restaurant. The food is always good and consistent. The service is good and professional. The restaurant is cleaned. The host Valerie is always nice and helpful. We like to go to OTD every three weeks either for lunch or dinner. The brunch is unique. It is closed to our house and we can walk to OTD. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy, but good food.RickVIPDined on 4/25/2013Incredibly noisy so much so that it is unpleasant.Special Features:
- Not a neighborhood gemRebgatVIPDined on 4/24/2013If the staff hadn't been so pushy to turn over our table despite three empty tables in the restaurant then I would have left a fan. Instead I felt that I was expected to take my coffee and dessert and go 'Out the Door'. There are plenty of customer friendly establishments near Fillmore that understand the concept of dining. If this was my first time at this restaurant I may not have been as offended. Yet my last dining experience there was similar enough that Out the Door will never earn my vote for neighborhood gem.Special Features: