Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
74740 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3507/Palm-Desert
- Phone: 7607791998
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm ; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Hector Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Palm Desert, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Anita Owens-Decuir 7607791998
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Palm Desert, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (43)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Came with a GuaranteeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2014Apon ordering our Steaks our server stated that these were the "Best Steaks in the World". We were told that if we did Not think these were the Best in the World there would be No Charge. Well..............they WERE the Best Steaks I have ever had, and they put LG's to shame, we will never eat @ LG's again now.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLgyoungDined on 3/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner, the food excellent and the service was outstanding !!Special Features:
- We always go to Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/22/2014We always go to Ruth Chris for a meat dinner; our family loves the steaks. Perfectly cooked. Great attention to detail with the grilling. Wish you plated more sides with the meat; it looks lonely on the platter.Special Features:
- For the prices Ruth's ChrisGourmetKidVIPDined on 3/21/2014For the prices Ruth's Chris has lost a lot of their edge with their food and service. Imagine you're having a nice romantic evening with your spouse. Then the foreign server who brings the food is very loud, boisterous, and is trying to be a comedian. Such antics just do not fit the ambiance of such a dinner scene. Maybe in a cantina some place, but not fine dining. The steak was less than it should been for the price. It was dry and overdone.
- Ruth 's Chrisjazzrocks13Dined on 3/13/2014As always, wonderful. Steak melted in your mouth, service outstanding and a night to remember. Thank you.Special Features:
- Is it?RAYMONDVIPDined on 3/11/2014Very good - very expensive - not good value for money.Special Features:
- Great Food & FunKathyPDined on 3/10/2014They went the extra mile for me and my friends. We went for my friend's birthday and they had everything decorated for her and even had a special birthday menu with her name on it! She was so surprised and so was I. The service, food and wine were all superior to any steakhouse!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality dining at Ruth's ChrisPistosMontereyDined on 3/9/2014This is one of our absolute favorite restaurants when we want a consistent, quality dining experience. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed genuinely, seated promptly (made reservation), and attended to exceptionally. Our server (Michael) and the assistant attendant (Geraldo) were wonderful - a great balance to attentiveness and giving us time to enjoy each other and our meal. We have dined here with friends as well and it is a great place for small groups. Kudos to the Palm Desert Ruth's Chris staff.Special Features:
- Consistently top knotchRPFDDSVIPDined on 3/8/2014Items cooked to perfection, friendly and timely service. IMO, best value overall, when compared to other steak houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2014Food was good, exceptional service. Very good steak house experience.Special Features:
- great dinner, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/4/2014The food was on par for Ruth's Chris - excellent, plus the service by Brian was over-the-top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat! The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/2/2014What a treat! The food was excellent, location perfect and the waiter was the best. (Patrick). We really enjoyed the evening. Better than many "steak places".Special Features:
- Not badClintVIPDined on 3/1/2014We had a nice dinner at Ruth's Chris. Their signature filet, however, didn't quite live up to expectation. It wasn't as tender or flavorful as in the past. Normally, their filets are center cut, but this one was not. Hopefully, I'll have better luck next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PaleoMaggieDined on 3/1/2014Easy to stay within the Paleo concept of dining. Steak, veggies and salads were all excellent in portion and preparation. We had an excellent dining experience. Yes, we will return and maybe try the happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak ExpertsRonCDined on 2/28/2014When you're craving an awesome steak Ruth's Chris, the steak expert, is the place to go. Great steaks with all the fixin's and great menu/food all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How a server spoils an eveningruthVIPDined on 2/27/2014Our server Bryan was supercilious with a pretense of friendliness. He could hardly wait to complete his spiel for what the restaurant offered-managing to sound bored the whole time. Service was exceedingly slow: the saving grace was our steaks.
- Overrated and under performedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/26/2014Service was "when convenient". The steaks certainly arrived sizzling, mine more medium well than medium rare. The creamed spinach (milky, not creamy) and scalloped potatoes arrived semi-hot but were cool by the time that the sizzling steak on the 500 degree plate cooled and stopped spattering enough for us to begin cut and eat. Not quite worth the premium exacted for the reputation and brand.
- WaitressGeoffreyDined on 2/23/2014Lucie took great care of us. Palm Desert hwy 111, CaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a steak placeeatoutDined on 2/21/2014We had phoned before getting there and requested to be seated in a section where a friend served. The hostess told us only a table in the front by the entrance was available or else we could have a booth where another server took care of us. We opted for that choice only to find out later that we could have been seated in a small room where our friend also worked. The girls in the front need to be trained better . Our mistake was to order lobster tails, which I recall to be very good there in the past. All four of us had them and they were less than mediocre. I guess, unless you really want steak one should not go there. Overall we found the restaurant too expensive for what they delivered.
- solid satisfying steakhouseGil62VIPDined on 2/17/2014Ruth Chris has performed well for years as an upscale pricey standard steakhouse. We shared a starter and side dish. Both had filet mignons (the 11oz. - better price performer). Our hostess and server and bus boy were all very pleasant and professional and very accommodating. Overall great dining experience.Special Features:
- Valentines 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Went for dinner the day after Valentines thinking it would be a little less crowded, but it was still pretty busy. Service was good but they were pretty swamped so not as attentive as times prior. $15 corkage fee is very reasonable since i brought my own wine. Food was wonderful. My friend had the seabass and i had the surf and turf with the rib eye and twin lobster tails. Everything cooked to perfection as expected! I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dinnerPalmSpringsloverDined on 2/15/2014We were a little disappointed, to be honest. We had a reservation, but we still waited about 15 minutes to be seated, and after we finally sat down and ordered drinks and appetizers we waited a good 15/20 minutes before we even saw our server again. She finally came back and took our order and we still had not received the appetizer. Our salads came out before the appetizer did and she apologized and it was removed from the bill, but we were there for over 2 hours. The food was good, It wasn't over the top impressive, but it was a good steak. I think i would prefer going to other steakhouse's before returning back to Ruth Chris.Special Features:
- excellent consistent cuisineLeslieVIPDined on 2/14/2014we all had steaks fixed perfectly to order. Their classic four course dinner is a great deal. This is a steakhouse that we highly recommend for good service, consistent great food and a fun place. Their happy hour is also worth a visit.Special Features:
- Pre-valentine's visitTedandKarenDined on 2/13/2014We went for an early Valentine's dinner to avoid the Valentine's Day hassle. Everything was great from start to finish - food, service, atmosphere. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!JaledfordDined on 2/12/2014Yet another wonderful location that gives Ruth's Chris their reputation of fabulous dinning. Our server was top notch and our 8 year old was treated like royalty. The food was the highest quality. We have visited many Ruth's Chris and this one kept the bar high. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does Not Get Much Better Than ThisSamsVIPDined on 2/11/2014We have dined at many Ruths Chris Restaurants but without a doubt this by far one of the best ever experiences. Brian, our servre was just on top of everything! Great explanations regarding the nights specials and the wine choices. Martine his Assistant was over the top, both in personality and attention to detail. We were there to celebrate a birthday and Darrell Woods, the Manager made it extra special for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delightPDvisitorDined on 2/8/2014We were visiting Palm Desert and we're delighted to find a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse near our resort. The service and food were excellent, as we have come to expect from RCS, and we received excellent services from everyone. Thank you for a very enjoyable meal and the delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good this time!rand4bvtVIPDined on 2/8/2014Always been our favorite for steaks. This time all four of our meals were very salty, Salmon, Filet Mignon, Sea Bass & Roasted chicken. My son's salmon was dry and over cooked. Everything tasted real salty with exception of mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts sides. Now we will tell all our friends and return to Sullivans regularly.Special Features:
- It comes down to the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Open Table doesn't allow for a long post so I'll just say the ambiance was nice, the service good, the cocktails fantastic. But when it comes right down to it, the steaks at what is supposed to be one of the best steakhouses around just weren't very good. No sizzling plates, no melted butter aroma. The smear of butter on my steak (ordered medium rare) didn't event melt and the fat in the rib-eye wasn't rendered.Special Features:
- Great SteakGreatDinnerDined on 2/4/2014Great service and food. Thank You Carol and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last night in Palm DessertStellaDined on 1/31/2014We had a wonderful dinner, Michael our waiter couldn't be more attentive. Food and wine were perfect. A great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Quality and ServiceTravelerVIPDined on 1/28/2014Have been to Ruth's Chris restaurants across the country. Took clients to dinner. Appetizer ordered but salads delivered. Order not entered. Ordered a second bottle of wine to find they had served us the last bottle. With 5 people, they should know we would drink more than one bottle. Why not tell us up front. Had to order a different wine. Three people ordered the same steak cut and were all three different when served. Different size and shape.
- always mouthwateringpkingDined on 1/24/2014food is always great the bone in filet exceptional , service outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent foodMcDebDined on 1/12/2014Food and service created a fine dining experience for special occasions.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2014Food was excellent, service was great... We had a picture taken ( twice ) for keepsake but were never given picture...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfection!SoozieqzVIPDined on 1/11/2014One can never, ever go wrong with Ruth's Chris, they are the standard by which I judge every steak and are always the best. This was another exceptional dining experience. A+ quality & top notch service every time.Special Features:
- Nice for a special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2014Nice for a special occasion. Could sit as long as you wanted. Not rushed through meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Cris-WonderfulCarsonDined on 1/3/2014We had a very nice dinner, once again, at Ruth Cris. It seems that you can never go wrong in choosing this wonderful restaurant for a great meal. The food is always delicious, and the service is always excellent. We both chose the petite filet classic dinners. The portions were excellent and the side dishes perfect for sharing. Our server Mel, was more than accomadating. We always search out a Ruth Cris restaurant, even when we travel. This time we were in Palm Desert, California enjoying the holidays with my sister and her family.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedFoodieVIPDined on 1/2/2014This us z winner every time. One of our favorites! Since it was Christmas it was very busy snd loud but should be expected. Fantastic food and service from Brian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!CrazyfrocksDined on 1/2/2014Consistently fabulous steak!!! Chop salad was great and they have lots of gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.