Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
74740 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3507/Palm-Desert
- Phone: 7607791998
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm ; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Hector Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Palm Desert, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Anita Owens-Decuir 7607791998
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Palm Desert, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (43)notable wine list (24)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- ServiceTime2EatDined on 6/15/2014The food was outstanding but unfortunately the service wasn't. Had to ask for drink refills twice. I feel as if the waiter didn't pay attention to detail out alone checking on us to see that we were taken care of. Disappointed in the service especially for as pricey as the food was.Special Features:
- Always GoodGranpaDaveDined on 6/14/2014Never have been disappointed by this Chain. No matter where you dine they are all Excellent and all provide Superior Service. This location is my favorite.Special Features:
- Great foodLindaVIPDined on 6/10/2014We can always count on great food and service when we eat at Ruth's Chris. We were celebrating our daughter's birthday and they made it very special.Special Features:
- The best...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014The Palm Desert location has simply the best staff, service, and food of any restaurant in the valley! We can't wait for our next visit...Special Features:
- Perfect datePuma23Dined on 6/6/2014My wife and I went for restaurant week as they have an unbelievable deal. The value for the food is exceptional considering how the kitchen nails it every time with a delicious steak. Service was on point even though at almost 9pm the main dining room was still packed. Kudos to Melissa for being attentive to us all night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!enjoy7Dined on 6/6/2014The table was decorated with birthday cake glitter---so fun! The menu was printed with our birthday guys names! The food and cocktails were outstanding! the service was excellent! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- TerrificTommyMVIPDined on 6/6/2014All very good. Food was terrific . The restaurant week specials were great. Scallops Erie the best EVERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best filet in the Coachella Valley!PamFDined on 6/6/2014Ruth's Chris is our favorite restaurant for every occasion. They have the best filet mignon in the Coachella Valley. We ask for and get nothing but Ruth's Chris gift cards from our kids at Christmas!Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!boo52Dined on 6/5/2014We love, love the food. Always prepared to perfection. It's our "go to" restaurant for special occasions. Never have been disappointed in a Ruth's Chris meal.Special Features:
- HARD TO BEATREDWINELOVERDined on 6/5/2014I have always liked Ruth's place... Everything is first class, service staff, menu selections, and a good wine list, that they don't rip you off on the prices they charge for bottles of wine.... Also they have a great bar menu, and the steak sandwich you cant find any better any where else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal and ServicejudyyankVIPDined on 6/5/2014Hadn't been to Ruth's Chris for a while but went because of the great restaurant week menu. The food was all delicious and our servers were pleasant and on-the-ball. Will go back again soon.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner at Ruth's ChrisSylsDined on 6/1/2014Fabulous food, great restaurant week menu, the service was the best!! The bread is so terrific and hot! The scallopos and filet mignon were terrific.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Best steak I have ever had. Hot to the last bite. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!
- Mouth watering steakdesertdinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed fabulous NY steaks, great Caesar salad. Only disappointment was the high cost of the wines. Need a few more wines at a more reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great eveningTruejulsVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food at the Palm Desert Ruths' Chris is always perfect. We really enjoyed the Lobster Mac and Cheese (a new item on the menu for "Restaurant Week" her in the desert. The meat was sublime and as always the perfect temperature. Our family really loves dining here because the food is sooooo good and the service is also very reliable .. the waitstaff is most personable and welcoming in addition to proficient. Good eating.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceOut2EatDined on 5/31/2014We went here during restaurant week. We've never eaten at Ruth's Chris before and thought we'd check it out during restaurant week since the price seemed to be right. We were in Rancho Mirage for a retreat and thought we'd celebrate out 22nd anniversary a few days early. Well this place did not disappoint. The service was great, friendly atmosphere and we were treated well. They acknowledged our anniversary at check in because I added a note to the reservation through Open Table. We would definitely go back again when in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!RandRDined on 5/31/2014Great dinner & great service! We had a very relaxing time at this very popular. Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Ruths than this oneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/30/2014A nice Ruths and solid food. However I have had better food at others in Orange County and Hawaii (Maui) A good call for PS but probably stick to the happy hour menu on this location
- Best steak in town!MddtusaDined on 5/25/2014Loved it from start to finish. Our second trip there and this time was even better than the first which was amazing. Along with great food they have brilliant servers that know how to make everyone feel like a VIP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!SoniaFDined on 5/25/2014I have dined at Ruth's Chris restaurants all over the country but this was one of the most memorable. The food was wonderful, as usual, but the service was what made this location stand out! Everyone from the host to server treated us wonderfully. It was a great night!Special Features:
- Poor food deliveryNeillibDined on 5/24/2014The food was good but main course came out in three deliveries, steak and I was finished it when my broccoli arrived and the broiled tomatoes arrived. 5 min later.Special Features:
- Divine t-boneMonicaPVIPDined on 5/23/2014Oh, my .. the t-bone steaks were delicious as was the au gratin potatoes. We just ordered plain broccoli for a vegetable. Desert was ok, hot lava cake that was for 4 .. wish they had a smaller desert offering.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysGeneDined on 5/23/2014they never miss a beat...filet is always perfect, so we come back time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2014The service was great, the food was absolutely amazing, and they made our special occasion even better. What more could we ask for? LOVE this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great private room3wisemonkeyzVIPDined on 5/17/2014Celebrating a bachelor party and they offered us a private room. Which was great all around because being a bunch of boys we were pretty loud and obnoxious. The square table made it easy for all 14 of us to chat. Food and service were great, though my lobster was a bit tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- looking forward to our next visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Enjoyed the delicious food & an excellent selection. The service is always outstanding. The server gives you the feeling you are the only guests there & always their complete attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyjackieDined on 5/14/2014Took our Grandson there to celebrate his Graduation. Jason, our waiter was very nice and congradulated him also. They put sprinkles on the tablecloth. Wonderful food and service as usual.Special Features:
- Special Occasionronniem1971VIPDined on 5/13/2014When my sister visits (from NYC) it's always a special occasion for us .. and one place we love to celebrate her being with us is at Ruth's Chris. We all enjoy Ruth's very much and are never disappointed with the excellent food and service here. This visit was no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ruth ChrisMorganAshleyVIPDined on 5/11/2014This is my favorite Ruth Chris. I live in Orange County and they are all good but for some reason the one in Palm Springs is phenomenal. Food is always perfect, service is awesome and they have a great wine variety.Special Features:
- Filet take me awayHeavenlyDined on 5/9/2014To start, we showed up and they confirmed our reservation. Asked if we were celebrating any thing special. We were immediatel seated. Lori was our server, whom was very pleasant, excited for us to be there, made excellent suggestions. Overall her service was exceptional. My wife ordered the chicken, withe harvest salad appetizer. Which she said was great, along with the broccoli audio gratin, which we shared. I had the filet, with lobster bisque as an appetizer, with blue cheese and shrimp. Let me say that this filet was by far the best I have ever had. I had it med rare, it was juicy, flavorful and the toppings really were a great combination. Dessert was the molten hot centered chocolate delicious, unfortunately we couldn't finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasions !SmileDined on 5/2/2014Great tasty meal ! Hostess was very kind friendly . She is a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent !!DeliDevoteeDined on 5/2/2014One of the reasons we keep going back to Ruth's Chris is that they are consistent in all phases of service: food quality, presentation and facility. Pricey? Yes, but worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014Impeccable service. High quality delicious food prepared flawlessly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-day treatIssieDined on 4/25/2014Eight of us met at RCSH last week to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were ushered into a private alcove which kept us away from the noise and allowed for customized service. The staff was very attentive and friendly, the food, as always, was absolutely delicious and we had a great time! What else could we ask for?Special Features:
- LiliDined on 4/19/2014Yearly Easter Dinner with our family...great traditionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandson's Favorite RestaurantchefbobcatVIPDined on 4/13/2014Being grandparents of a 15 year old boy can be challenging. This year we "bribed" our grandson with an invitation to Ruth's Chris - Palm Desert if he would visit us for a few days. It worked - he agreed to spend his Easter Vacation with us. Our server Jeanette, who is also a corporate trainer, and her support staff, especially Israel (Izzy) made our evening special. My wife and I are convinced that Ruth's Chris is the Number One Steakhouse in the United States. Wherever we travel we know that we will always have an outstanding meal at Ruth's. Our grandson agrees and never leaves hungry or unsatisfied when our meal at Ruth's is finished. If we could only convince him what 'MP' means, everything would be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try the bone in filetOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/9/2014The bone in filet is a great cut of meat. I suggest the chopped salad as a starter. The bread pudding dessert was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came with a GuaranteeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2014Apon ordering our Steaks our server stated that these were the "Best Steaks in the World". We were told that if we did Not think these were the Best in the World there would be No Charge. Well..............they WERE the Best Steaks I have ever had, and they put LG's to shame, we will never eat @ LG's again now.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLgyoungDined on 3/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner, the food excellent and the service was outstanding !!Special Features:
- We always go to Ruth ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/22/2014We always go to Ruth Chris for a meat dinner; our family loves the steaks. Perfectly cooked. Great attention to detail with the grilling. Wish you plated more sides with the meat; it looks lonely on the platter.Special Features: