Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
74740 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3507/Palm-Desert
- Phone: 7607791998
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm ; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Hector Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Palm Desert, CA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: No matter what the occasion, Ruth's Chris is the perfect place to gather. We will work with you to customize any menu to meet your needs and budget. Work one-on-one with our Private Event Manager to select the right room and configuration, accommodate your A/V needs, and help enhance your event with floral arrangements and more.
- Private Party Contact: Anita Owens-Decuir 7607791998
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Palm Desert, CA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert - Best Restaurants in Palm Desert ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Palm Desert reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)romantic (51)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- 4 of us went to celebrateronniem1971VIPDined on 11/25/20084 of us went to celebrate a b'day. Had a problem w/3 out of the 4 steaks were not prepared to our order. we spoke w/manager who appreciated our feedback. he made it right for us by comping one of our bottles of wine. steaks & other food all still delicious, even though 1 steak was overdone & 2 steaks were underdone. We like Ruth's very much and look forward to returning again.Special Features:
- The restaurant was excellent,servicOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/17/2008The restaurant was excellent,service was outstanding server very well trained polite,knowable.. Will go back...Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2008Great place to celebrate special occasions. Food was excellent and so was our server. The steaks melt in you mouth. It's our favorite steak house.Special Features:
- Dinner was excellent! WeSusan001VIPDined on 11/2/2008Dinner was excellent! We were there to celebrate a special wedding anniversary with family (50 years)... and they had rose petals on the table. Very nice!Special Features:
- Quality of food is mixed.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/27/2008Quality of food is mixed. Main dish (Filet Mignon and mixed grill) and side dishes were excellent. Caesar salad is bad and appitizer is only fair to good. Dessert (bread pudding and chocalate sin cake ) is out of this world. Overall very good. Waiter is friend and helpful but service is too slow, a lot of waiting.Special Features:
- The server, Leslie made ourOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2008The server, Leslie made our night. Best service we have ever had in the desert !!Special Features:
- Quality of food and serviceKarLarVIPDined on 10/24/2008Quality of food and service has markedly decreased since overhaul of management and employees has occurred. Hopefully, this is just part of a new learning-curve.
- Molly was awesome and theKpetVIPDined on 9/22/2008Molly was awesome and the manager Jacob as well. Food was outstanding please keep the staff it makes the restaurant perfect.Special Features:
- Excellence prevails in quality,KarLarVIPDined on 9/20/2008Excellence prevails in quality, preparation, and presentation. Will be interesting to what changes occur secondary to recent change in management.Special Features:
- We were seated immediately,AtetoomuchDined on 9/13/2008We were seated immediately, the service was crisp, the summer special was available for one us and that was lovely. Food was great. We enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Michael was our server, weDan1VanDined on 9/13/2008Michael was our server, we had a great time, everyone enjoyed the evening! Thank You!Special Features:
- Only negative; they pouredeby3VIPDined on 8/27/2008Only negative; they poured a second bottle of Pelligrino, without asking if we wanted more. Personal Pet Peeve!Special Features:
- For more than 20 years, andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2008For more than 20 years, and at locations all around the world, the ribeye at Ruth's Chris has been my only choice for dinner. My Palm Springs experience was the first time my steak was over-cooked. I asked for medium rare; it was about a minute of so beyond that. Good food, but NOT what I go to Ruth's Chris for. I was disappointed. My wife's garlic-crusted halibut was excellent.
- The food here is outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2008The food here is outstanding. The best steaks we ever had. The service however was extreamly poor. Weahter or not staffing was short we are not sure saw pleanty of employees but could not get good service. We were a party of 5 and spent a fair amount of $$$$ for that service should have been excelent Not like a Denny's.Special Features:
- We love Ruth and Chris, whatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2008We love Ruth and Chris, what can I say. The fillet is mouth watering and the sweet potato with nuts and cin. on top is to dye for. Each time I go I ordered the same thing and the sweet potato is my dessert. It is a quite environment and the servers are very professional. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the wedge salad some do it right some don't. It just didn't hit the spot. I will be back like always to Ruth and Chris's for dinner where we can have a nice and peaceful dinner!Special Features:
- So great, we went back forOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/7/2008So great, we went back for dinner the next night! There is nowhere else we would rather dine!Special Features:
- I am going to give the shortOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/24/2008I am going to give the short version of my disasterous dinner which I booked through you. I arrived for my 8:30pm reservation and was told the wait would be approximately 10 minutes. The waiting area and bar were so busy and I was not seated until 9:15. I ordered a steak to be done medium well and was served rare I asked the waiter to take the steak and put it back on the fire for 3 minutes only. He passed it off to the bus boy and the steak came back 15 minutes later as 'beef jerkey'. They asked me if I wanted something else and I asked him to give me a minute to decide. I would like to tell you the rest of the story but will not have enough room here. The bottom line is I did not have any dinner that night! Please contact me.
- Reliable food & service, consistentSamIAmDined on 5/24/2008Reliable food & service, consistent, satisfactory wine list at reasonable prices. The bar is crowded & could be cleaner.Special Features:
- Amazingly well run restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/24/2008Amazingly well run restaurant. Excellent service staff, personal attention in spite of being a large restaurant. Consistently excellent steaks served. And, premium well alcohol served (Bombay is their standard gin). Always a treat to eat at Ruth's.
- Absolutly the Best, Period.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2008I choose this restaurant to propose to my now wife (still happily married) and I had no clue as to what so order or how to prepare the table to make our dinner special and I did not expect for the hostess' to take control of the situation and made awesome suggestions and even got the head chef involved which was very special. The chef personally brought out my ring on a silver platter inside of one of the desserts (Amazing). I could not have chosen a better placed to create the best memories that will last forever. Food was amazing, service was amazing and we had a great time.Special Features:
- Meat is always cooked to perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/2/2008Meat is always cooked to perfection. Have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Waitress was just OK. SheOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/30/2008Waitress was just OK. She asked if we had been there before. Even though we said, "yes," she went on and on about the Angus beef, etc. etc. We just wanted to order our drinks. She also was obviously coached to "sell" higher priced items--especially wine. We love Ruth's Chris but this time it was just OK. Also, if you request a booth, be sure to request a larger booth--one that seats four. They put us in a 2 person booth that felt like an airplane seat. There was not enough room on the table for the food that we ordered. They had to take away the bread plates to fit the side dishes on the table.
- $10 for a shot of Makers MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2008$10 for a shot of Makers Mark which didn't taste right; mentioned it to the waitress by asking if I was perhaps poured the wrong drink but received no feedback. I will go back for the food but I will not be ordering any cocktails.Special Features:
- We love to celebrate specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/25/2008We love to celebrate special occasions at Ruth's Chris....they were so nice...they always offer a free dessert if you are celebrating a birthday etc. I like that because it is better to get to pick what you want. The steaks are always excellent and their creamed spinach is the best. I don't drink but noticed the bar at the palm desert restaurant offers $4 drink night every other Friday. The bar was packed.Special Features:
- The Halibut was incredible.eby3VIPDined on 4/24/2008The Halibut was incredible. Only reason it did not get a 5 star; asked for Level Vodka Martini and our server said he was not sure they had it, what would you like if not? I asked for Belvedere but when I tasted it, and asked what it was he said it was Grey Goose. I asked him why and he said he had more faith in serving it! It was awful!Special Features:
- The service was superb fromOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/19/2008The service was superb from Kennar, the bartender, to our wait staff, Jason and Mike. Everyone was very attentive and friendly. It was a very relaxing, friendly and memorable evening.Special Features:
- My boyfriend's steak was undercookejudyyankVIPDined on 4/12/2008My boyfriend's steak was undercooked. He sent it back and it came back partly overcooked, partly undercooked and partly right. They didn't charge us and comped us on desert but we still won't go back anytime soon. My steak was just okay. This used to be our favorite steakhouse, but seem to be going down hill. With so many steakhouses to choose from, they need to get their act together.
- We were very disappointedKlbyrneDined on 4/10/2008We were very disappointed in our dining experience at Ruth's Chris in Palm Desert. Steaks not of "prime" quality. Ribeye tough and grisly - full of fat. Buffalo steak dense, tough and tasteless. Side dish of gratin potatoes very ordinary and pre-prepared. Salad watery - very little dressing. We expected much higher quality. The ambience was also lacking. Folks in there in shorts and flip-flops for dinner which is fine, but not what we expected. Service was very good however.Special Features:
- Because of the advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2008Because of the advertised dress code my husband and I dressed for dinner. I should have known that the Palm Desert restaurant would be more casual. It was fine I just wouldn't have insisted on my husband wearing a sport coat. Next time we'll know.Special Features:
- Good but too expensive. IAnnieVIPDined on 4/4/2008Good but too expensive. I had a salad, my husband had steak and our kids ordered the "kids meals." Bill was $240 with tip. ??Special Features:
- Twice I have requested a boothOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2008Twice I have requested a booth only to get there and be told no booths available but we have a table in a quiet room which was very noisy. When I make a reservation in plenty of time to get a booth I would appreciate getting one. Seems we never had a problem getting one until the last few months. Last 2x someone has had to send steak back to be cooked more and it this visit it came back very well done. Granted the place was full but it was disappointing when you pay $36 for just a steak to not get it the way you order it. Table behind had a problem with their steaks too and sent back. Service is always excellent. Our waiter and wait staff were wonderful and accomodating.Special Features:
- My request for main diningRSS1VIPDined on 3/23/2008My request for main dining room only, made over three weeks in advance of the reservation confirmed date, was not honored. My steak ordered medium was delivered rare and had to be returned to the kitchen. It was suggested I would receive a complimentary glass of red wine to compensate for the mixup. I was charged for it. I have reported these problems to Ruth's Chris directly. I will not return to this restaurant. It is not worth the price and admits to serving "choice" rather than "prime" steaks on occasion. When doing so, I doubt that they reduce the menu price.Special Features:
- We love Ruth's Chris Steakjazzrocks13Dined on 3/23/2008We love Ruth's Chris Steak House! We always go there for dinner on the final night of the Pacific Life Open Tennis Tournament. Food was absolutely out of this world as was service! We only get to visit this particular restaurant about once a year because we live 400 miles away. We wouldn't visit Palm Desert without a stop at Ruth's Chris. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- QUITE POSSIBLY THE MOST BEAUTIFULmelgVIPDined on 1/8/2005QUITE POSSIBLY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ROOM IN THE DESERTSpecial Features: