105 South Mill Street
Aspen, CO 81611Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pinons.net/
- Phone: 970-920-2021
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Keven Ribich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Rob Mobilian 9706186805
A word from Pinon's Restaurant
Pinons has been located in downtown Aspen,across the street from the historic Hotel Jerome since February of 1988 and has been locally owned and operated since then.The dining room, which seats 130,recently re-decorated in a mountain contemporary style,evokes the casual sophistication that has come to symbolize Aspen. The windows frame picturesque Aspen Mountain. The cuisine has been described as traditional American influenced heavily by local products and current trends. Pinons has received many renowned awards but cherishes most the recognition by locals as the most coveted reservation in town. The intention is to create an experience that is unique yet comfortable; create food that is creative yet approachable. You will want to go for a special occasion and for a night out with friends to have a bite in the bar and chat with the locals. You don't leave Pinons disappointed - quite the contrary. The intention is to exceed expectations. Pinons is a must for any visit to Aspen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pinon's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)special occasion (32)romantic (29)notable wine list (29)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (11)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Truly one of Aspen's best!Wineluv3VIPDined on 2/23/2014We've been dining at Pinion's for years and it has consistently been very good. Somewhat old school, and expensive, but excellent food, wine and service. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming location for a specialFernandoVIPDined on 2/16/2014Charming location for a special meal. The buffalo tenderloin was delicious. Our sommelier made an excellent recommendation. The service was low-key and attentive. Would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very comfortable and welcomingDickDined on 2/14/2014Very comfortable and welcoming restaurant. Excellent service, however the waiter dripped wine twice when pouring...a no, no for any restaurant, but especially a "high end" one. The veal chop was excellent, but my wife thought the trout was so, so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidMikeDined on 2/8/2014Everything was basically solid, but not spectacular. Very nice ambience. Food was very good. Service overall good, did take a while to get the sommelier to help us with the wine. About what we expect from Aspen, and fits the price.Special Features:
- Lovely evening!JazzcatDined on 2/5/2014We loved our time there and will definitely return! Server was friendly and efficient and the food was the best. We got there early so it was quiet and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in AspenMikeyDined on 2/1/2014This is the nicest resturant in Aspen. You will not be disappointed. Wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- careless and indifferent managementJarlieiDined on 1/20/2014careless and indifferent management / pushy and cocky floor staff - don't bother.
- Loved this place!lovetotravelDined on 1/18/2014We had a great dinner here on our first night in Aspen! The food was outstanding and the service was great. The sommelier paired a great wine with our dishes. The only complaint I have is that our entrees came out WAY too fast after we ordered them. It would have been nice to enjoy a glass of wine before our meal arrived. However, we did not feel rushed at all when we stayed for quite a long time after our meal to enjoy our drinks and the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fabulous!MzKittinDined on 1/17/2014It was my boyfriends birthday and we had a wonderful time. Food is always fantastic. Our waiter Marcelle was the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Pinon's is asOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/17/2014The food at Pinon's is as good as anywhere in Aspen. Have been many, many times over past 20 years and it is always a treat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerKimmie6886Dined on 1/13/2014This place was awesome! Loved the quietness, the attention our wait or gave us and they even gave us complimentary desserts when we mentioned it was our anniversary. We will definitely return again when we come back to Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/9/2014Excellent food and service. Pinion's is the best restaurant in Aspen and one of the best in the country. Our salads were excellent and the Freddy Salad is my favorite but my wife ordered the Kale Salad (new to the menu) which is also excellent. My steak was perfect, excellent prime meat cooked just right. My wife had the sea bass which was also excellent. Pinion's a restaurant where you can order anything on the menu and be confident it will be outstanding. We are looking forward to our next opportunity to dine at Pinion's.Special Features:
- Patrizia JanuaryPatriziaDined on 1/5/2014This was the only Restaurant in Aspen which actually disappointed us a little. it is just average, although nice and comfortable to dine at.Special Features:
- An exceptional restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/20/2013Excellent in every respect. Our party of three ordered three different entrees (two fish and one meat) and all were outstanding. We also really enjoyed our salads. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the Kale salad, which I believe is new to the menu. The service was exceptional even though our server was relatively new to the restaurant. Pinon's does an excellent job training their staff and it was very apparent. As an example, at Pinion's the bus staff does not start clearing the plates until everyone at the table has completed the course. This is the proper way and is seldom practiced in restaurants today. Clearly, Pinion's is the finest restaurant in Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as always.ChuckDined on 12/18/2013It never disappoints. The best restaurant in Aspen.Special Features:
- Poor Experiencemel8452VIPDined on 9/28/2013We unknowingly visited Pinons on the last night of the "season". We were belatedly informed that a substantial portion of the menu was unavailable after we had decided on two entrees that were not available. This, coupled with a bungled drink order, including a cocktail glass with a chipped rim, resulted in a bad experience. Not very impressive for a seemingly high-end restaurant.
- Too close and crowded at barRKSSVIPDined on 9/28/2013Such good food- but not really enjyable crowded in at bar- and they keep the place too warm.
- An Aspen classicmosickleDined on 9/28/2013Second time... just as good or better than the first. Superb food, service beyond compare, great ambiance. Pricey, but you get what you pay for...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayOjaiJohnDined on 9/27/2013Pinons can be much better than our experience. We had a very good Freddy's salad and mushroom soap. But, the pasta appetizer that we both had for a main course was very weak. They were closing for the season the next day, so I think they did the kitchen sink thing with that one. Our three flavor ice cream dessert was only average. If the prices for the food were half as much, then there might be some value here. But, no. The atmosphere was very good and the host was even dressed in a suit and tie which is very unusual for Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ribeye one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/22/2013Great food, ribeye one of the best I have had in ages, cut with fork. Also was quiet enough to carry on conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The prototypical Aspen experiencemosickleDined on 9/21/2013Pricey, and worth it. Delicate, subtle flavor blends in the food and service beyond compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy but good.Wineluv3VIPDined on 9/20/2013We didn't expect Pinion's to be so busy, at the end of season, but the place was absolutely packed. Surprisingly, the service didn't suffer too much and our food came out on time and at the right temperature. We were definitely impressed with how the staff managed to service so many diners, at the same time, without missing a beat. The food was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our wine and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!AlimentariDined on 9/20/2013A very memorable and enjoyable meal. Can't wait to go back next time we are in Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific FoodSJKRVIPDined on 9/19/2013Lovely wine, great food. It was a slow night but there was a good vibe.Special Features:
- Enjoyed evening wiith. friendsFoodieCODined on 9/14/2013The food was above average. The service was efficient and accomodating, but a bit stiff and not friendly. The exception was the wine steward who recommended an excellent Pinot Noir. The vegetarian in our group found the menu options limited. But the waitperson did make a couple of suggestions not on the meu. The bill was roughly $100 per person. But all in our group enjoyed their meal and the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cause for celebrationarleneDined on 9/5/2013Our family of 7 had dinner at Pinon to celebrate our 30th anniversary and my daughter's birthday. The food was fantastic, especially the pasta bolognaise and the sole. You must try the onion rings- they melt in your mouth! At the end of the meal, 2 beautifully presented desserts arrived, one for each occasion. We were delighted iwth the whole experience. Thank you, Pinon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/5/2013We dined on the patio which is quite nice with views of Aspen mountain. We were hosting guests from the east coast so we wanted a special dinner. Pinion's delivered and everyone enjoyed the food and service which was outstanding in every respect. One of the finest restaurants anywhere.Special Features:
- Good, but by no means greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2013This place was busy on a Saturday night, reservations were required and several people were waiting for tables to open up. Since we had a reservation, our table was waiting for us and we were seated immediately -- a great start. Unfortunately, it ended there. Despite being prominently seated, our server never came by. After 10 minutes, we asked for service. He arrived frantic, apologizing. All would've been forgiven had things improved, but they didn't. We had to ask for a wine list, ask about chef's specials, ask about the soup of the day... everything required prompting. The food was good but the poor service overshadowed. Two things stood out -- the wine selection & the dessert (nutella banana cream pie), both were fantastic.Special Features:
- Always good.Wineluv3VIPDined on 8/24/2013Haven't been to Pinion's in some time(not by choice) and was glad to see they still had some of their classics on the menu(ex: Crispy Oysters). Enjoyed a great bottle of wine and appreciated the recommendation from the sommelier. Our food was excellent, as was the service. The entire experience was enjoyable. Pinion's can be expensive, but it's worth it. Have been a fan for 20 years now and they're still one of the best, if not the best, restaurants in Aspen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but delicious!KathleenVIPDined on 8/23/2013The food was delicious and the service was outstanding (well timed and helpful with suggestions). I would definitely return to this restaurant when I come to Aspen. The menu prices were higher than I had expected (maybe that is Aspen pricing). The portion were big and easily sharable. The special "soup of the day" was a mixed cream of mushroom and it was excellent; not much cream just a lot of mushrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expertly prepared mealVoltaireVIPDined on 8/22/2013We had dinner here the one night we stayed in Aspen and were delighted with both the meal and the service. Likely the best mushroom soup I've ever had. The onion rings were also worth every extra calorie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/12/2013Pinon's delivers on every level.........food, service and atmosphere! My wife and I had an amazing dinner and can not wait to get back. This is one of my favorite restaurants hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a "$$$$" restaurantTDdinerVIPDined on 8/3/2013This is a "$$$$" restaurant in every sense - expensive but with the service and quality you expect for the considerable cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely Experiencedesigner6905Dined on 7/31/2013We certainly enjoyed the food, ambiance and service. The view was spectacular from our outdoor vantage point. We arrived at 6:30pm and would have preferred to have eaten later, but were told that there was no other availability that evening. We were amused that many tables remained open throughout the evening, so we could have eaten later. Nonetheless, we enjoyed our meals. I ordered the Dover Sole and the asparagus soup and my friend ordered the beet salad and lamb chops. We ordered a bottle of wine to accompany the meal and felt that the sommelier was less than enthused over our selection (was only $66). We finished the evening with a fabulous dessert (toffee, chocolate) and shared a chocolate martini. We will return someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/29/2013Wonderful dinner and even better service. On a nice night, nothing beats dining on the patio. A really interesting wine list only adds to the experience.Special Features:
- Old reliableBcdepVIPDined on 7/16/2013Been going there for twenty years and it never disappoints- as good as always- the specials are always worth trying-Special Features:
- An excellent restaurant. EvenOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/9/2013An excellent restaurant. Even though they were busy, the food and service was still outstanding. Members of our group ordered either the Sea Bass and the Halibut. Both were cooked to perfection and very flavorful. The Freddy salad is the best salad anywhere provided you enjoy bacon. To get things started, we shared an order of Crispy Oysters which were very good and we will order again.Special Features:
- Great, as usual...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/7/2013A favorite place in Aspen... I loved my salad with the beets and goat cheese, and the halibut was wonderful. I do have to say my husband's steak was good but not great. Everything else created a great dining experience looking out onto Ajax mountain!Special Features:
- Top notch food in one of theJayTeeVIPDined on 7/6/2013Top notch food in one of the most beautiful dining rooms in Aspen that still feels like you're in the American west.Special Features:
- Great food, slow kitchenJetsetDinerVIPDined on 7/5/2013Always wonderful food and a great atmosphere. I've been many times and I'm always impressed. This last visit, however, the kitchen took over an hour to bring our meals. The waitress kept apologizing saying our meals were about to come up but they did not materialize. The only explanation was that they were very busy and everyone showed up at once. At the prices charged, the management should make sure that the kitchen can appropriately handle the food orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.