Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
4100 Monument Corner Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3503/Fairfax
- Phone: 7032661004
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Evins
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Fairfax, VA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Fairfax offers 3 private rooms: the Patriot Room - accommodating up to 24 guests, the Monument Room - accommodating up to 40 guests & the Potomac Room - accommodating up to 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Fatigati 8883658576
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Fairfax, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax - Best Restaurants in Fairfax ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (48)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Valentine's nighttoon724Dined on 2/14/2014Our steak was amazing although the sides we ordered (mushrooms and spinach) were a little bland. The escargot appetizer was also very good. Overall a very good dinner. The service was only good until my husband bought a Louis IV shot and they were alot nicer. Lol. The server gave me and my daughter flowers for Valentine's night and he brought me 2 chocolate covered strawberries, which was very thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10th AnniversaryFdwitflareDined on 2/11/2014The staff especially Alexandra provided exceptional service as we celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary. The food was superb, room temperature (staff inquired) was cozy and the ambiance was perfect for conversation. A great evening out! Alexandra sealed the evening with a decadent dessert and a keepsake photograph.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great. I thoughtJenTVIPDined on 2/9/2014Everything was great. I thought that I was going to miss my favorite wine since they changed the wine list but I ended up trying another wine that I now love and will be requesting in the future. Everything was great. It was my sister's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbly Divine - Every Time!FoodfanaticVIPDined on 2/8/2014The food and service are always superb - well worth the cost (and calories). If you are going to do it, do it right is our motto! Definitely, definitely go for the mac & cheese topped with lobster- as well as the brussel sprouts w/ pancetta. Absolutely divine everytime. No other steak house does it as good as Ruth's! The waitstaff is always exceptional and forever on top of their game! We have yet to find a local restaurant that can match the attention to detail that Ruth's provides us each and every visit. Very accomodating, always cordial, and the food is definitely top notch. It's essentially become our dining room away from home, seriously!Special Features:
- Just review your checkFuninfairfax14Dined on 2/8/2014I loved this place. Everything was awesome. You should add this on your list of places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outUvajillybeanDined on 1/29/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Ruth's Chris. Service was friendly and not stuffy, and the steaks were cooked perfectly. Given that, it was amazing that our side dishes were the stand outs of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12th AnniversaryJBismynicknamedammitVIPDined on 1/27/2014We came out for our 12th Anniversary and had a great time. The Cajun-style BBQ Shrimp appetizer was great, with the creamy sauce and bread for dipping. We also shared a bowl of gumbo which had a great flavor. She had the crab cakes which she said were very good, as was my filet mignon. Both came out cooked perfectly and both tasted great! We finished our anniversary dinner with a shared crème brulee which had a nicely caramelized crust on top, but was still cold otherwise. Absolutely perfect! As you would expect at Ruth's Chris, the service wasn't good. It was GREAT! Friendly, fun, and prompt, but not smothering. I still prefer Lewnes Steakhouse in Annapolis but Ruths' Chris is great too and I can't recommend it highly enough! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not excellentoroborosDined on 1/25/2014I liked the meal, the setting, and the service. There was nothing bad about the experience at all. On the other hand, there was nothing truly exceptional about it, either. The food seemed a bit pricey given the flavors. It's not that anything tasted anywhere near bad, just that I've had better cuisine for less elsewhere. I would go back ... but it would never be first on my list of choices. Good, but not excellent, fare. That's what I'm getting at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/24/2014This was our first time to Ruth's Chris, but our lovely server made us feel like regulars. Everything was just exceptional - the meals, the service, everything! While I had my filet with light butter and my husband's had the regular amount the kitchen usually cooks it with, both steaks were just amazing and the three side dishes we shared were incredible. We went around 6:30pm, which seemed to be the perfect time as the restaurant was about a third full and by the time we left every seat seemed to be filled. Thank you for giving us a wonderful evening for our anniversary, can't wait to return for another delicious meal and delightful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/18/2014Can't really go wrong with Ruth's Chris and best of all they participated in Restaurant Week! This was perfect for my Mother in Law's birthday dinner and they definitely made her feel special. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutffxdinerDined on 1/18/2014We had wanted to try this restaurant but had always been concerned about the prices. We took advantage of the Restaurant Week Special and enjoyed an outstanding 3 course meal for $35.14 per person. The lobster bisque was amazing, the filet Mignon was tender and melted in your mouth!! The mashed potatoes and spinach side dishes were plenty to share. The dessert was equally as amazing. In addition to the great prices for restaurant week, they also had wine that was priced at $30 a bottle to complement the meal. Overall, a wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer pleasingDebbieDined on 1/18/2014We celebrated a birthday and were treated like royalty! The lobster bisque was superb. It was our first dining experience at Ruth's Cris Steakhouse. We chose it because of the Restaurant week promotion. I would go back in a heartbeat. Thanks for the birthday confetti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris AwesomeWendyDined on 1/18/2014Our daughter's birthday fell during Restaurant Week in D.C., so it was the perfect opportunity to take her to dinner at a price much lower than usual. We had a limited prix fixe menu, but plenty of delicious things were available, and we still received impeccable service. The food was wonderful - all three of us had the petite filet, which was melt-in-your-mouth tender. We had cocktais and wine, which substantially increased our bill, but every sip and bite was very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/17/2014I always have a good meal at Ruth Chris, but going during Restaurant Week, made it a good value as well. I decided to try something other than just steak. I had a trio grill and the crab cake and chicken were delicious!! The dessert was also very good.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week visitthanksforaskingDined on 1/17/2014Restaurant Week afforded us the opportunity to dine here and had a fantastic evening of dining. It was all that we expected and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious from start to finishOpenTableRegularVIPDined on 1/17/2014Our party of 6 enjoyed the fixed price Restaurant Week menu on a bustling Friday night. I have only ordered steak at Ruth's Chris before, but the "mixed grill" entree impressed us that they do an extraordinary job with seafood and chicken as well. And, I'm still thinking about the flourless chocolate cake. As always, the noise level feels lively but still permits conversation, even at a larger table, and the service is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff food outstanding. ManagementLVfoodDined on 1/17/2014Staff food outstanding. Management excellent very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!UnhappyDined on 1/16/2014Greatest customer service ever! Delicious food and at a restaurant week price a steal. Will visit during non restaurant week times because its just that good. My wife and I felt like a king and a queen from the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our Restaurant Week visit.PaulandJaneinVADined on 1/16/2014We took advantage of the local Restaurant Week promotion that offered a three-course dinner at Ruth's Chris and other outstanding local restaurants at a special fixed rate. Our server was friendly and attentive, as were other servers who brought food, filled water glasses, etc. We both ordered the mixed grill - mixed reviews of this. My steak was a little overcooked and the garlic mashed potatoes and creamed spinach were not as hot as I would have preferred. But everything else was fine. The entree portion was generous and I couldn't finish it all. We were surprised to see the very lively happy hour crowd and the dining room was busy as well. Last time we were there (a few years ago) the place was like a morgue. Nice improvement!Special Features:
- A great way to celebrate a birthdayBirthdayGirlDined on 1/16/2014I was invited to dinner by a friend to celebrate my birthday and I can't think of a better place to have a special meal. The waiter, Seth, was very friendly and attentive without being overbearing. Naturally the steak was so good it is hard to find words to describe it. We ordered Brussels sprouts and it was our favorite dish of the meal. They were cooked with bacon and honey butter and melted in your mouth. The green beans with garlic were good too but overshadowed by the Brussels. Almost forgot the beet and goat cheese salad which was another great choice. They had great options on the menu from the specials for restaurant week, Chef's classic to the ala carte menu. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/15/2014We always go here for Restaurant week and always wonderful. They certainly know how to grill a steak. Our table ordered the calamari with a sweet/hot glaze as an extra starter--perfect and never greasy and very flavorful. Steak and sides were exceptional too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantpagerDined on 1/14/2014Great food, service, and atmosphere. We were treated well by the friendly and efficient staff from the moment we arrived. Food was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.MisohangryDined on 1/13/2014Kind of sucked, definitely won't be going back. I've eaten at Ruth's Chris many times before although only at their Pacific Heights location in San Francisco. Our experience at the Fairfax location was pretty bad. The food wasn't very good. They undercooked our steaks (you'd think a steak house could at least cook a steak properly). We asked for medium rare and they came out very rare. The inside of the filet was deep purple - not a warm red center. When we brought it to our waiter's attention, he actually argued with us that the steaks were in fact medium rare and we were wrong in our knowledge of steak temperatures. The creamed spinach was gross, tasted like a microwave meal. The lobster bisque was fishy.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceusprimeDined on 1/11/2014I took my wife for her birthday. I have nothing bad to say about the food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedWinningVIPDined on 1/10/2014The food was good was it anything that was AWESOME. it's a place that the food is good but WAY, WAY overpriced. I had the T-Bone which was $52 was it worth it no it really wasn't. But it was my girls birthday so we did it. I've been here before and had the T-bone before I think it was better before. The waitress was good not great but good and pleasant. Would I go back? yes if someone else paid. The bar scene seemed really energized. So I think Happy Hour must be the place to go. Thanks for the evening but I have to say it was good not excellent. The dessert that was presented to the birthday ladies were very nice and good. The breading pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise 50th Birthday DinnertfullDined on 1/4/2014We went to Ruth's Chris to celebrate a milestone birthday. When the restaurant confirmed the reservation, they asked for the birthday person's name and greeted him by first name and wished him a happy birthday when we arrived. The table had birthday confetti on it which was a really nice touch. Our server also wished him a happy birthday when she greeted us. My husband does not like a lot of attention so what he received was just perfect. He received a complimentary dessert with one candle and no happy birthday song! It was a great night - just what he would have asked for if it hadn't been a surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a solid choicemalacainDined on 1/3/2014I've had steak in a lot of places, some really high-end, and to me nothing beats a medium-rare filet mignon from Ruth's Chris. The Fairfax branch always has had good service and does things right. Lobster mac-and-cheese side was really excellent. Never had a bad meal here. It's not elaborate but everything is good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant, bad steaksRoboDined on 1/2/2014The location and dining experience was very nice. The disappointment was with the entrees. Each member of our party that ordered steaks was disappointed in the amount of fat on the steak. Over a third of the steak had to be thrown away because it was fat. The service was awesome and the desserts were good as well. One person in our party ordered crab cakes and said they were delicious. I would return to this restaurant however, I would never order a steak here again.Special Features:
- Awesome foodwineNdineDined on 1/1/2014The food was amazing! I brought friends who had never been to Ruth's Chris and they loved it. The salmon special was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great NYEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013I have strayed away from Ruth's Chris in fairfax because it seems to have gone down hill lately and does not have the same integrity as it used to have. New Years Eve was going to be my last experience; however,after a great server and phenomenal specials (filet topped with shrimp and crab cake) over the normal stagnant menu, we will give it another try on a non holiday to see if it will live up to its normal hype.Special Features:
- The Usual Stellar Ruth's ExpereinceCeedyDined on 12/30/2013My wife an dI make it a point every New Year's Eve Eve to dine at Ruth's Criss in Fairfax. It is our company's annual meeting dinner location. We keep coming back because we find the dining here the best value - quality and price - almost anywhere. This occasion was no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A predictable favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/28/2013Never disappoints. Food, service, atmosphere -- all great.Special Features:
- Christmas BlissSusanneDined on 12/25/2013With no kids home for Christmas, my husband and I opted for a special dining experience. Ruth's Chris was perfect. The gumbo was outstanding, and I'm from New Orleans! The filet was so tender, yet still very flavorful, and was cooked to perfection. Salads and sides were also excellent. The desserts were big enough to share, so we took the uneaten portion home. Special shout out for the french press coffee, strong but not bitter and the cappuccino, a frothy delight with a sugar stirrer.Special Features:
- Memorable mealsshadow88Dined on 12/25/2013We had Christmas dinner here, and the food just melted in our mouths. Specials are a good value for the quality and quantity of food. We have our favorite servers (Megan & Peter) and always ask for their tables; they're always friendly and their recommendations are spot-on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing steakTinaTexDined on 12/25/2013One of the best ribeye's I've ever had. The green beans were amazing, and the banana's foster desert!Special Features:
- Filet for dessert.JJJJDined on 12/22/2013I have been going to the Fairfax Ruth's Chris for 8 years. Last night I had one of the best rib eye steaks ever. Next time I should get a filet for dessert. However I have witnessed the decline in the level of service. At this price point service should be exceptional. The interaction with the staff with mildly awkward and out of sync. I had a perfect steak and do recommend and will come back but not anytime soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for dinnerVAnativeDined on 12/17/2013Took opportunity to sample lunch during special opening for the holidays. Enjoyed the lunch with a friend but think I prefer the food at dinner. Sandwiches were good but nothing special. Dinner here is a real treat so think we will opt for that in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as everOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/10/2013Ruth's Chris is, for me, a favorite place to celebrate a special occasion. The food is as good as it gets, the service is top notch and the ambiance is a perfect setting for a celebration. I've been there numerous times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was simply wonderful. butMikeCDined on 12/7/2013It was simply wonderful. but it ain't cheap. For a table of 4 with a few drinks as well was over 500. plan accordingly. you will enjoy it, but be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Usual - ExcellentHelpMeWanderDined on 12/6/2013What can I say? The food and service were excellent, which tells you why it is always so crowded. We asked for and received a table in a quiet area suitable for conversation. Thanks to the Maître-de for actually reading and fulfilling our reservation request.