Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
4100 Monument Corner Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3503/Fairfax
- Phone: 7032661004
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Evins
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Fairfax, VA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Fairfax offers 3 private rooms: the Patriot Room - accommodating up to 24 guests, the Monument Room - accommodating up to 40 guests & the Potomac Room - accommodating up to 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Fatigati 8883658576
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Fairfax, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax - Best Restaurants in Fairfax ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)romantic (47)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (45)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (19)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Excellent dinner!SND2Dined on 7/27/2014The service was excellent, the food tasted great and the steak done cooked perfectlySpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014I took a friend to Ruth Chris for her birthday. She had never been there, and she was so impressed with everything that she is planning her next visit.Special Features:
- Good foodandysDined on 7/19/2014Everything was fine except my steak was switched with my wife's. We didn't realize this until we cut into them and started eating the steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special IndeedJanetDined on 7/12/2014We had our small wedding reception 6 years ago in the same private room where we were seated this night which made this night special as well. The "classic" menu is a good option; it gives you good choices at a slightly lower price. I had the Caesar salad with anchovies added-very tasty. The ribeye was done just as I asked, and of course their sides are exceptional. Our waiter was very patient with my special requests and joked with me about them. The one letdown was the dessert that came with the classic. There was no choice, but we were informed we could upgrade for $4. By that time we were all so stuffed, I'm not sure I would have ordered dessert if it hadn't come with the classic. We were celebrating so this was the right place to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksIzzadogDined on 7/5/2014As always, the steaks at Ruth's Chris were excellent. Try the tempura onion rings.Special Features:
- The following 901 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax reviews archive.
- Great Food and ServicegbowjrDined on 7/2/2014The food and service for our party of four for dinner were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014The dining experience we enjoyed was pure excellence! The staff was accommodating as we were celebrating a very special occasion and the food was superb, as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and WineEaglesVIPDined on 6/27/2014The food is always good with excellent stakes prepared exactly as requested. Their wine list is quite good and moderately priced. Service is generally quite good.Special Features:
- Bar a bit noisyPineappleDined on 6/27/2014I was traveling and needed a good steak with simple sides. Got just what I wanted w petite filet, broiled tomatoes and spinach. I requested bar as I was alone and wanted to have one drink, watch TV, eat and go back to hotel. It turned out to be Friday night Happy Hour and was a bit noisy for what I expected at a Ruth's Chris. With that said, every body there was friendly and seemed to know each other - a local gathering place. Just too much high pitched giggles for my mood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Anniversary DinnerolivesDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I had a wonderful evening for our 15th wedding anniversary. The food and service were excellent. The onion rings are a must have...we had as an appetizer. We also enjoyed walking the nearby shops after a leisurely meal.Special Features:
- Father's Day ReviewReadyToBoltDined on 6/15/2014All food was excellent with the exception of undercooked steaks. Even after advising our server that the last 3 times we visited the steaks were undercooked by 1 full level (he advised the cook staff), one steak was marginal and the other was still undercooked 1 full level. Server was very courteous but appeared 10 minutes after our arrival for drink order, got busy and didn't take food order for 20 more minutes, forgot to deliver our salads, forgot to bring 2 requested side dish plates, and never offered to replenish our tea or water glasses. We can certainly understand variable service and service is usually better than this, but we're getting tired of going through the undercooked steak drill every single visit for the last 12 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, we have no saladSTLCardsDined on 6/15/2014Every time I go to ruth Chris, I order Ruth's chop salad for a first course. With the dressing on the SIDE. Every single time, my salad arrives doused with dressing! Sunday evening Was no exception. My salad arrived doused! I chose to keep it this time, because last time, they took my salad back and never returned with it. Yet, I was charged. So, I took a few bites and asked for a Togo package. I tossed it when I got home. What is the solution? Do not order that salad? Do not order any salad? The rest of the meal was great. The service Was wonderful. And yet, why in the heck do I keep spending $350 for this meal And they can't give me a salad with dressing on the side?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence restaurantified...CentrevilleBillDined on 6/10/2014Wonderful ambiance, superb service, and delicious food, start-to-finish. The perfect restaurant for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysCurvyGurl19Dined on 6/3/2014My dining experience at Ruthies in Fairfax was amazing. This is one of my favorite places to eat for any occasion. The Fairfax location, specifically is the best one that I have ever gone to. I can't wait until my next visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014We were together with family to celebrate our son's 27th birthday. We started with drinks in the bar and super friendly bartenders and then moved to the main dining room. The wait staff was super attentive, food was excellent and we had a great seat by the window. We understand the happy hour menu is fantastic and plan to return to try that out too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as expectedOlenDined on 5/31/2014I have been to this Ruth's Chris many times, and it never fails to please. Megan was attentive, patient, knowledgeable, and as always provided all the personal service one for which one could hope. The steak, always excellent, was hot, tasty and what I have come to expect from the kitchen of Ruth's Chris My friend requested a few changes to the offerings, and as one would expect, she was accommodated without comment. I will always have this as a place that I recommend to others, and that I take those that are worthy :)Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday DinnerolivesDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I had an excellent experience...food and service was great. We had a nice table near the window in the far back room...very quiet. The steaks were perfect!Special Features:
- Great Dinnercoastie71VIPDined on 5/26/2014The food and service were outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationBrittanyVIPDined on 5/25/2014We celebrated being engaged for a year at Ruth Chris, it was incredible.Special Features:
- Awesome b-day!InMyOpinionDined on 5/25/2014You can never go wrong with Ruth's Chris Steak House! I love this place! The decorated our table with happy birthday trinkets...awesome touch! Eddie was the quintessential table representative. He made perfect drink, entrée, and dessert suggestions. The "topper" was a wonderfully delicious bread pudding w/whiskey sauce...on the house! Just the right size to share for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect way to celebrateBabblesVIPDined on 5/24/2014Went for our wedding anniversary. Food was delicious, service was EXCEPTIONAL. They made our special day extra special.Special Features:
- Awesome as usualJenTVIPDined on 5/24/2014I love that they always remember my likes and dislikes. I'm glad they keep it tucked away somewhere. I don't know if it is company wide or just this Ruth Chris but I enjoy that they know. Our waiter Tim was excellent as always. He remembered how like our sides cooked as well as other little details. My wine was excellent. It was the Oakville. I loved it. I was bummed that they no longer had the Chimney Rock blanc but was beyond happy about this wine. Dessert was over the top delish. i had a hard time deciding between the berries and cream (that reminds me of a yummy vanilla cake batter) and the banana cream pie. I opted for the banana cream pie. I appreciated that they acknowledged my sister's anniversary.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014The food is always delicious. We were celebrating a special event and our server, Alexandra, went the extra mile to make it a special evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedBuckeye43210Dined on 5/16/2014We had the porterhouse for two, but the cut was too fatty and had too much gristle. The cocktails were not impressive and lacked taste. Overall, I probably won't go back.Special Features:
- outstanding diningscotchsnobDined on 5/15/2014First timer. Food was absolutely fantastic. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHappyDined on 5/11/2014We celebrated Mother's Day and they made it a very special day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service excellentAerobicptDined on 5/11/2014I had made reservations originally for a smaller group and at the last moment the group increased. The restaurant accommodated us and were fantastic. The service was excellent, great specials for Mother's Day to satisfy all tastes. Did not feel rushed. Ambience wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it againBKulickDined on 5/10/2014Our family enjoyed a wonderful dinner with great service, tasty food and wonderful environment. In addition to great steaks, the sweet potato casserole is to die for. Also, the banana cream pie was delicious as well.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING SERVICEOgee13Dined on 5/3/2014Our Anniversary dinner was great! Food was delicious as usual. Service was outstanding. Very enjoyable, but pricey...you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJEBEDined on 5/3/2014We had an excellent server, Casey. Food was prompt and hot/cold as it should have been. We were very pleased. The Classic fixed price meal is a value.Special Features:
- Perfect all around2good2msDined on 4/26/2014Spot on! Everybody enjoyed our special night out. Had our teenagers with us and they, like us, savored every bite. Eddie our server did a fantastic job! He was attentive but not so that we ever felt rushed or interrupted. We had calamari and escargot which everyone loved. Steaks were perfectly cooked, and the deserts finished off the nite! It's an expensive treat to eat there and on a family budget difficult to do often. We sure enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicereviewer123Dined on 4/25/2014The food is always exquisite and the service is prompt and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014Fantastic as always. Really don't know how to expand on that. I/we highly recommend both this brand and especially the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualTbellVIPDined on 4/19/2014We went to Ruth's Chris with my in-laws and it was awesome as usual. Our server Seth was good. Nothing over the top, but he did his job well. We all started with salads and I had the chopped salad. It was awesome. I had the filet and lobster surf & turf Easter special. My filet was a bit undercooked, but I'd rather have it that way than overcooked. Everything else was cooked perfect. We got creamed spinach and lyonaise potatoes for sides dishes and they were both wonderful. Ruth's Chris is always a great place to go for special occasions.Special Features:
- Not a great meal for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/14/2014Not a great meal for the price. The price is up there with tthe palm but the food is not nearly as good. This was a client request not a placwe I wiould have picked. i have had better meals from other Ruth Chris'.
- Very nice evening out...philsieDined on 4/13/2014We felt like a good steak and Ruth's Chris always delivers. I had lamb chops which were excellent. We brought our kids and they shared an expensive dish. My only CON is that they really need to have at least a modest kid option. Maybe you don't want to turn into a Chili's with screaming kids running around but when they do come it's nice to have something to accommodate them. Overall, excellent. Rich, buttery, salty, and delicious...Special Features:
- Outstanding, as to be expectedChysworldDined on 4/12/2014When you say Ruth's Chris a certain level of service and quality of food is expected and this location didn't disappoint. We love the brand but this was our first time at this location. We were welcomed like regulars and the service was outstanding. Attentive without being overbearing. The food was amazing; especially the lobster mac & cheese! First time I wasn't disappointed that I couldn't finish a side. Love!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special OccasionJanetDined on 4/8/2014When I made the reservation through Open Table, I made a note that we would be celebrating my birthday. When we arrived, our table had "Happy Birthday" and balloon confetti. We arrived at 6 PM, so it was not busy. We were waited on immediately, and the food arrived in a timely manner and was delicious. Because we were full, we turned down the dessert menu. A few minutes later, our server arrived with a plate with 3 dessert samples and "Happy Birthday" and my name written in chocolate. It was a lovely and memorable dinner. My only criticism is the high prices, which is why we save Ruth's Chris for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-day dinnerDcgreekDined on 4/4/2014We had a great time! The restaurant had everything set up and were very accommodating to our infant as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really disappointingAndyDined on 3/29/2014Exorbitantly expensive for the suburbs...The filet was fine but it would have been a chunk of meat on a plate had I not paid for a sauce ($4.00! What a rip off for a barely edible sauce!). I ordered sauteed mushrooms as a side. When they arrived, the mushrooms had not seen the bottom of a saute pan. The server admitted that they had not. The manager did take them back and had them sauteed. When questioned as to why the menu said "Sauteed Mushrooms," he was unable to answer and admitted that they never saute the mushrooms. What a rip off!!