Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
4100 Monument Corner Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3503/Fairfax
- Phone: 7032661004
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Evins
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Fairfax, VA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Fairfax offers 3 private rooms: the Patriot Room - accommodating up to 24 guests, the Monument Room - accommodating up to 40 guests & the Potomac Room - accommodating up to 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen Fatigati 8883658576
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Fairfax, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax - Best Restaurants in Fairfax ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)romantic (50)notable wine list (46)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Excellent as expectedOlenDined on 5/31/2014I have been to this Ruth's Chris many times, and it never fails to please. Megan was attentive, patient, knowledgeable, and as always provided all the personal service one for which one could hope. The steak, always excellent, was hot, tasty and what I have come to expect from the kitchen of Ruth's Chris My friend requested a few changes to the offerings, and as one would expect, she was accommodated without comment. I will always have this as a place that I recommend to others, and that I take those that are worthy :)Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday DinnerolivesDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I had an excellent experience...food and service was great. We had a nice table near the window in the far back room...very quiet. The steaks were perfect!Special Features:
- Great Dinnercoastie71VIPDined on 5/26/2014The food and service were outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationBrittanyVIPDined on 5/25/2014We celebrated being engaged for a year at Ruth Chris, it was incredible.Special Features:
- Awesome b-day!InMyOpinionDined on 5/25/2014You can never go wrong with Ruth's Chris Steak House! I love this place! The decorated our table with happy birthday trinkets...awesome touch! Eddie was the quintessential table representative. He made perfect drink, entrée, and dessert suggestions. The "topper" was a wonderfully delicious bread pudding w/whiskey sauce...on the house! Just the right size to share for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect way to celebrateBabblesVIPDined on 5/24/2014Went for our wedding anniversary. Food was delicious, service was EXCEPTIONAL. They made our special day extra special.Special Features:
- Awesome as usualJenTVIPDined on 5/24/2014I love that they always remember my likes and dislikes. I'm glad they keep it tucked away somewhere. I don't know if it is company wide or just this Ruth Chris but I enjoy that they know. Our waiter Tim was excellent as always. He remembered how like our sides cooked as well as other little details. My wine was excellent. It was the Oakville. I loved it. I was bummed that they no longer had the Chimney Rock blanc but was beyond happy about this wine. Dessert was over the top delish. i had a hard time deciding between the berries and cream (that reminds me of a yummy vanilla cake batter) and the banana cream pie. I opted for the banana cream pie. I appreciated that they acknowledged my sister's anniversary.Special Features:
- The following 883 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Fairfax reviews archive.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014The food is always delicious. We were celebrating a special event and our server, Alexandra, went the extra mile to make it a special evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedBuckeye43210Dined on 5/16/2014We had the porterhouse for two, but the cut was too fatty and had too much gristle. The cocktails were not impressive and lacked taste. Overall, I probably won't go back.Special Features:
- outstanding diningscotchsnobDined on 5/15/2014First timer. Food was absolutely fantastic. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHappyDined on 5/11/2014We celebrated Mother's Day and they made it a very special day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service excellentAerobicptDined on 5/11/2014I had made reservations originally for a smaller group and at the last moment the group increased. The restaurant accommodated us and were fantastic. The service was excellent, great specials for Mother's Day to satisfy all tastes. Did not feel rushed. Ambience wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it againBKulickDined on 5/10/2014Our family enjoyed a wonderful dinner with great service, tasty food and wonderful environment. In addition to great steaks, the sweet potato casserole is to die for. Also, the banana cream pie was delicious as well.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING SERVICEOgee13Dined on 5/3/2014Our Anniversary dinner was great! Food was delicious as usual. Service was outstanding. Very enjoyable, but pricey...you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJEBEDined on 5/3/2014We had an excellent server, Casey. Food was prompt and hot/cold as it should have been. We were very pleased. The Classic fixed price meal is a value.Special Features:
- Perfect all around2good2msDined on 4/26/2014Spot on! Everybody enjoyed our special night out. Had our teenagers with us and they, like us, savored every bite. Eddie our server did a fantastic job! He was attentive but not so that we ever felt rushed or interrupted. We had calamari and escargot which everyone loved. Steaks were perfectly cooked, and the deserts finished off the nite! It's an expensive treat to eat there and on a family budget difficult to do often. We sure enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicereviewer123Dined on 4/25/2014The food is always exquisite and the service is prompt and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014Fantastic as always. Really don't know how to expand on that. I/we highly recommend both this brand and especially the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualTbellDined on 4/19/2014We went to Ruth's Chris with my in-laws and it was awesome as usual. Our server Seth was good. Nothing over the top, but he did his job well. We all started with salads and I had the chopped salad. It was awesome. I had the filet and lobster surf & turf Easter special. My filet was a bit undercooked, but I'd rather have it that way than overcooked. Everything else was cooked perfect. We got creamed spinach and lyonaise potatoes for sides dishes and they were both wonderful. Ruth's Chris is always a great place to go for special occasions.Special Features:
- Not a great meal for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/14/2014Not a great meal for the price. The price is up there with tthe palm but the food is not nearly as good. This was a client request not a placwe I wiould have picked. i have had better meals from other Ruth Chris'.
- Very nice evening out...philsieDined on 4/13/2014We felt like a good steak and Ruth's Chris always delivers. I had lamb chops which were excellent. We brought our kids and they shared an expensive dish. My only CON is that they really need to have at least a modest kid option. Maybe you don't want to turn into a Chili's with screaming kids running around but when they do come it's nice to have something to accommodate them. Overall, excellent. Rich, buttery, salty, and delicious...Special Features:
- Outstanding, as to be expectedChysworldDined on 4/12/2014When you say Ruth's Chris a certain level of service and quality of food is expected and this location didn't disappoint. We love the brand but this was our first time at this location. We were welcomed like regulars and the service was outstanding. Attentive without being overbearing. The food was amazing; especially the lobster mac & cheese! First time I wasn't disappointed that I couldn't finish a side. Love!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special OccasionJanetDined on 4/8/2014When I made the reservation through Open Table, I made a note that we would be celebrating my birthday. When we arrived, our table had "Happy Birthday" and balloon confetti. We arrived at 6 PM, so it was not busy. We were waited on immediately, and the food arrived in a timely manner and was delicious. Because we were full, we turned down the dessert menu. A few minutes later, our server arrived with a plate with 3 dessert samples and "Happy Birthday" and my name written in chocolate. It was a lovely and memorable dinner. My only criticism is the high prices, which is why we save Ruth's Chris for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-day dinnerDcgreekDined on 4/4/2014We had a great time! The restaurant had everything set up and were very accommodating to our infant as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really disappointingAndyDined on 3/29/2014Exorbitantly expensive for the suburbs...The filet was fine but it would have been a chunk of meat on a plate had I not paid for a sauce ($4.00! What a rip off for a barely edible sauce!). I ordered sauteed mushrooms as a side. When they arrived, the mushrooms had not seen the bottom of a saute pan. The server admitted that they had not. The manager did take them back and had them sauteed. When questioned as to why the menu said "Sauteed Mushrooms," he was unable to answer and admitted that they never saute the mushrooms. What a rip off!!
- Good, but...TomMcDined on 3/22/2014Yes, it is Ruth Chris. So it is good. And yes, unlike some places that have good food, the service is excellent as well. I had the ribeye. I did not realize it was not bone-in, which I would have preferred. As for the steak, it was good, although it was cooked unevenly. About half was medium (as ordered) but the second half was medium rare. For $50, they could do better. The flavor overall was subtle at best. Taste was flat, more like a NY Strip than a ribeye. The sides (Lyonnaise and Au Gratin) were also good. But...here's the thing: Nothing was bad, but I've had better versions of all for half the price. A good plate of "home fries" in NYC would equal the Lyonnaise, and the au gratin at Bonefish Grill is tastier. The same for the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall it was an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2014Overall it was an excellent experience! We went there for my mom's birthday. Even the hostess acknowledged her birthday! The service was impeccable. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCurtDined on 3/15/2014Was looking for great food and also a quiet evening. Perfect on both accounts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstansing'RobtDined on 3/7/2014Not cheap! But then again, you wouldn't expect a great restaurant to be cheap. Order the filet!Special Features:
- A little louder than usualOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/6/2014We have enjoyed Ruth's Chris on a number of occasions. On this evening we were seated close to the foyer in a nearly empty dining room and subject to frigid blasts when the door was opened and to the loud greetings given to every diner who came in after us.Special Features:
- So Soghang6Dined on 3/2/2014Been to Ruths many of times first time in this location. Food was ok. My bone in filet was dry and grainy the 5 ounce tail was ok. Service was really good but had better steaks at Ruths.Special Features:
- Great Filet and ServiceJackVIPDined on 3/2/2014You can not beat the steaks or service at this restaurant. The sides and salad like wise are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly outstandingtombVIPDined on 2/26/2014Our experience for dinner was fantastic - the food, service and environment were all superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FavoriteDavidVIPDined on 2/21/2014No matter how many times we go here, this restaurant is always perfection. Great food, great service, great atmosphere and nice relaxing dinner with absolutely no rush to get out. The sommelier Friday night was excellent. Wayne listened to our desires and selected an excellent bottle of Rioja. We commented to him later in the evening that the wine was great, but was not quite as big as we were hoping. He offered to change the wine, which was not needed. But he also brought my wife an I a glass of a perfect Napa Cab that fit the bill perfectly. Just absolutely perfection. Thanks again to Wayne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great special occasion!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2014We had to cancel our original plans due to the weather and they were most accommodating! My husband has a hearing impairment and they are most accommodating. Granted, we usually go at 5:00 but it so nice to go to a wonderful place both in terms of food and service and he can hear me most of the time! This is one of the few places that consistently know how to cool my steak medium-well.Special Features:
- Another wonderful eveningDBEEVIPDined on 2/17/2014Another wonderful evening at one of our favorite restaurants in Northern Virginia. As usual the food was impeccable. We each enjoyed one of the Ruth's classics ... filet with shrimp and the salmon. We tried different veggies instead of the mushrooms. The roasted sprouts were spectacular ( we even asked our waiter how they were prepared ... however, he never got back to us). The green beans with garlic were fresh and tender. As usual we barely had room for dessert. We'll be back. We highly recommend Ruth's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was excellent.AlCarrDined on 2/16/2014The service was excellent. Our servers were attentive and very kind. The steak and seafood was cooked to perfection. The portions were humongous!! Wine list is excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Ruth's Chris...duh...TXnStuckInVADined on 2/14/2014I've dined in them across the USA and they're pretty much the same. Great steak and large (trending to pricy) wine list. I'm not always happy about paying so much but it's always consistently good and I know what I'm getting into. My wife and I were here on Valentine's Day (again) and they were busy but well staffed, we didn't wait on our table and were seated promptly (even let us adjust the table so as to not be in the middle of the wait staff/customer walkway/highway). We took our time and didn't feel rushed to hurry up, eat, and get out. The only downside to this location is the lack of isolated/intimate dining tables inside. Until I can find the same quality of steak, service, and wine list in one place cheaper I'll keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day winShmeeeeeeDined on 2/14/2014The food was amazing, the service was wonderful. They brought us free dessert to celebrate valentines day. A+Special Features:
- Food was good, but no live lobsterThunder3danDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I visited your restaurant for V-day and the service and food were very good. However, on the night that we visited the lobster tank was out of order, at least that is what we were told, which was very disappointing since that live lobster was listed on the menu and was the main reason for wanting the visit the restaurant. Also, the wait staff was not aware of the issue with the lobsters until after we placed our order. This should have been mentioned before we even placed our order. Also, while sitting there listening to other wait staff discuss menu options with other customers, I heard no one mention any issue with the lobsters. Seems that all wait staff should have been made aware of the issue prior to waiting on any tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.