Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda
7315 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3500/Bethesda
- Phone: 3016527877
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jose Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Bethesda, MD - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Bethesda offers 2 private rooms for up to 30 & 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Janice Chan 8772934586
- Entertainment: Thursday through Saturday: Keyboard player in lounge from 7:30pm
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Bethesda, MD serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (34)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Best ribeye everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014We had 6 people and to a person, they were delighted with the meal. One guest had the bone-in filet and she loved it. It was $58. The drinks are hefty and delicious. The prices for the drinks are all between $14 - $15. So, you wouldn't go to Ruth's to save money but if you want an absolutely outstanding steak, you cannot beat Ruth's. Right now they are not offering lamb chops because the supplier's meat is substandard. I had the wedge salad and I want to go back and not share it with someone next time. The bread is superb and the dessert, the chocolate explosion, is fantastic. Ruth's isn't affordable often but one in a while, you will dream of the place afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More like a chainBeefcraverDined on 2/15/2014We went back last night after enjoying it for years and were frankly disappointed. The fillet was delivered medium rare instead of medium as ordered; steak was cooked unevenly, with parts overdone and parts nearly raw, and some fat around the edge of part of it that I couldn't eat. Not a place to go if you want to be healthy. Steak comes with butter on it; sweet potatoes and pecans have way too much sugar; desert special just too rich a chocolate small cake. The ahi tuna appetizer was very tasty but cold. We're in search of a better steak place now, as it didn't satisfy the craving. All in all, this dining experience has descended from eating at a fine restaurant (previously) to eating at a mediocre chain restaurant at way too high a price.
- Awesome ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2014Our first visit to Ruth's Chris and it was a birthday treat for our teenager for his 16th birthday. The food was fabulous, our server, Victor, was absolutely fabulous with his recommendations, his knowledge of the menu and cuts of meat as well as his wonderfu personality. He made this a visit we will never forget! And we will be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerFrancescVIPDined on 2/14/2014I decided to take my family out for valentines. Originally, I was going to make a reservation with Morton's as I have eaten there before. I ran out of time and couldn't find an opening that night, so Ruth's was the only choice in that category. I made a reservation for 8:15...our table was not ready until 8:30. We sat and waited a few minutes for someone to bring us water and bread. The server came and took our order for drinks...nothing complicated, sodas and tea. He came back with the drinks in a relatively ok time. We placed our order. Waiter didnt check on us. We had to stand up and call a manager to help us. The rib-eye steaks were tough and not good. I paid and gave a 15% tip anyways..I will not eat here again. Not a good experience.
- VALENTINES DAY DINNERMarshDined on 2/14/2014THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT AND PLENTIFUL! WE LEFT WITH SO MANY "DOGGY BAGS" THAT WE LOOKED LIKE WE HAD BEEN GROCERY SHOPPING. NO ONE RUSHED US ALTHOUGHT THEY WERE CROWDED AND THE MEAL WAS DELIGHTFUL.Special Features:
- Last minute reservationFood12345Dined on 2/14/2014I made a last minute reservation on valentines day about 4 hours before the reservation time. The ambiance wasn't the best as we were seated in what seemed like a makeshift seating area (probably used for private events) with two top foldable tables very close to the other tables and couples. Definitely wasn't my expectation for my first Ruth Chris dinning experience but I was just grateful to have gotten a reservation on such short notice. The food and our server was absolutely amazing, which made for a very pleasant dinning experience. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will be returning. I just plan on making a reservation more in advance and avoiding holidays and other high volume dates and times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't find a piece of meatNeetDined on 2/12/2014I don't find a piece of meat floating in a pool of grease on a plate too hot to handle very appealing. Two of the 5 steaks ordered at our were grossly undercooked. I had a veal chop that I couldn't chew because it was so tough. Personally I don't know what people find so amazing about this restaurant. This is my third and final visit to a RC steak house. If I want grease splattering up off of my plate I'll go to a "hash house".
- Great food and atmospherekabukidiegoDined on 2/9/2014We went to this Ruth Chris restuarant for my husband's birthday, and it did not disappoint either one of us. We've dined at several Ruth Chris' at different locations across the US, including Hawaii, and this place was just as good as the one in Maui. We both had perfectly cooked and seasoned filets, and the sweet potatoes were amazing. Dessert tasted good but a cold creme brulee is not as tasty as a warm one. The service was good, in general, in that my husband's wine was very acidic, and the waiter apologized and deleted it from our bill. But there were long periods of time when we did not see our waiter or any of the staff. The food was great and made up for the cold dessert and chilly room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningellencVIPDined on 2/8/2014Food was excellent, service was terrific, pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Good food, but...Not2adventurousDined on 2/8/2014We went to Ruth's Chris because we hate the changes at Morton's. Although the decor at Ruth's Chris is classic steak house and the food was excellent, the service (at all levels) was nowhere near what you'd expect. All the little touches were missing. None of the 3 people greeted us by name when we checked in (they had our name from the reservation); no one offered to check my coat; they didn't offer a black napkin when I had a black skirt on; and the server didn't offer to let us try the 2 wines we were debating between before deciding. I know, I know...it sounds picky, but when there are multiple steak houses from which to choose, those little things make the difference. For the same price point, we'll go to Capital Grille from now on.Special Features:
- CelebrateapastrychefsmomDined on 2/8/2014We celebrated our 3oth Wedding anniversary there Saturday past and they treated us like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent again!JHumpVIPDined on 2/7/2014This location always holds up to the highest standards! Excellent service, terrific wine list, and great atmosphere. You must ask for Anil to be your server. He is one of the best there is! Highly knowledgeable, great to converse with, and will go over and above. Do add this Ruth's to your list of must visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth's Chris Always DeliverssafetylawyerVIPDined on 2/7/2014Went this time for my husband's birthday and they had our reserved table sprinkled with "Happy Birthday" glitter and ended the meal with a free dessert and a candle. As always, the salads and beef were great, and we splurged for their side special (two lobster tails for $28 as an add-on). Creme brulee was elegant for dessert with fresh fruit. The valet parking is on a side street and I missed it, but found parking nearby. This is a reliable place to go for a treat if you are a carnivore.Special Features:
- Good food, too eager serviceemarieDined on 1/29/2014I returned to Ruth Chris after years since my last visit. When my mom selected it for her birthday, I was looking forward to it, remembering the good experiences I had had in the past. I should say I have been dining out all around Europe, while living abroad, for the past few years and now have much different standards.The server should have waited until we closed our menus as an indication we were ready to order, that is basic. Instead he came over every couple of minutes to ask. We wanted to have a leisurely dinner and enjoy our celebration. He suggested the most expensive wines 3-4 times. The first time, maybe the second, I can let it slide, but time 3 and 4 without being able to describe the differences? Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Delicious from begining to end!DelightedDined on 1/27/2014The service was par excellence and every bite from begining to end was absolutely delicious! The bone in prime rib was out of this world and the bread pudding in whiskey sauce --- ooh, la la!Special Features:
- eveningdavidDined on 1/25/2014great staff. waiter was attentive to our table. a little long in wait for reserved seating but not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks EverJcamp1800Dined on 1/25/2014If someone knows of a better steakhouse please let me know. I myself have not found one.Special Features:
- Good steak; in-experienced waiterssamyVIPDined on 1/23/2014It was a cold snowy night. We went with out-of-town guests (table of 6). The wine we selected was not available. The waiter could not come-up with a replacement (in the same category/price range). Food was delivered to the wrong guests.
- Best Steak in MarylandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2014The entire experience was exceptional and well exceeded our satisfaction. The waiter was cordial, courteous, and on point with delivering all entrees. The food was superlative and the restaurant is perfectly cozy and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner!Hopeless4foodVIPDined on 1/19/2014I have always loved Ruth Chris for its excellent food and wonderful service, but last night was fabulous. I had dinner at Ruth Chris last night and my husband and I both opted for the restaurant week menu. We both thought the food was fabulous and have already decided to have my birthday dinner at Ruth Chris. I highly suggest the restaurant consider adding the mixed grill entrée to the regular menu. While I could not eat the entire thing, it is a different entrée than I have scene before and provides variety to the meal. The steak, crabcake and chicken were scrumptious. Bravo Ruth Chris Bethesda-- I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris Bethesda, MDDaveDined on 1/19/2014We had a reservation for four people to celebrate my son and his girlfriends engagement. The only negative was that my wife's petit filet was undercooked so she didn't enjoy the meal. She's one of those people that won't send something back because she thinks somebody going to do something to her food as a payback for complaining. I'm sure they would have made it right had she said something. Overall the service was outstanding and the other three meals were very good. It was the last day for Restaurant Week and the special three coarse meals offered for $34.99 were a good value. A very nice place whether you're on a date or just want to have a good steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little crispyNaenikkiDined on 1/18/2014It was Restaurant Week. I always try to go during restaurant week because they add the mixed grill to the menu which consists of the stuffed chicken, a 4 oz filet and a crab cake. My filet came out with a black crispy crust on part of it that I really didn't appreciate. I always order my steak well done and it's normally not burned. My stuffed chicken was lacking the usual stuffing... It was okay. I probably should have sent my food back but it was late and I just charged it to a busy kitchen ready to close. I ended up taking my food home. I ate the salad that came with it and bread and sides. Our server Joe was great! Our wine was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014Had to wait 20 mins even with a reservation, it was very busy. Our table server was very helpful though. Food was underwhelming - lobster bisque far too creamy, nice enough steak, but everything covered in sizzling hot, pungently garlic butter - just too much. Sides were pleasant enough, but the overall effect was too heavy. Went in restaurant week, probably won't go again.
- The noise and hard to find valetsmnixonDined on 1/18/2014Our experience began with trying to find the valet - which is described as being IN FRONT of the restaurant on Open Table. Well, the Valet isn't in front of the restaurant. After finding a parking garage and then walking in the cold to get there, we found out that it was on a side street...a side street not easily accessible from Wisconsin Ave. The noise in the restaurant definitely detracted from the romantic atmosphere. We really enjoyed the food - however, the steak I received was supposed to be medium rare and was definitely medium. I didn't ask to return it to the kitchen because it still tasted fine, but it just was too cooked. Service was terrific.Special Features:
- Memorable experienceTedlyDined on 1/17/2014We took old friends to Ruth's Chris. They're people of the world, but both said it was the finest meal they'd EVER enjoyed. We specified a quiet location so as to catch up without distraction, and the staff found us one in a back room. I would ask for it, far from the boisterous bar crowd and check-in queue. You don't go to Ruth's Chris for the gin! Every bite of dinner was magnificent. My bone-in filet (a contradiction, but there is such a thing) was yummy, but I regretted not ordering the filet sans bone that one cuts through like butter. My wife splurged and had lobster, all cracked and cut. The waiter had character but neglected our wine and sparkling water. We also wished for crusty bread. But overall: a special evening indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks as good as in ArgentinadrvdijkDined on 1/17/2014We went here for DC's 2014 restaurant week. Beautiful entourage, very friendly staff (Bobby sang a very lovely Happy Birthday for the table next to us), and the food... Woooww, just wow! Even though the crab cake didn't match the rest of the restaurant week's mixed grill, the steak was simply to die for!Special Features:
- Jan. 17 Dinner was a memorable day.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2014The 3 course dinner offered were excellent. There were four of us and since two were first timers, we decided to order different courses. Each of us shared our orders so each can give her own take of how the food was. All of us loved the food, excellente for everything and my two neophyte both said they will be back at this restaurant. Five stars for everythings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four dined for RestaurantDougDined on 1/17/2014Four dined for Restaurant Week. Everything was excellent from the salad/soup to the steak and salmon choices, and dessert. Service was very good as well. An enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris Reviewkb123Dined on 1/16/2014Fabulous. We were lucky and had a reservation during restaurant week. Portions were large and everything was delicious. Very nice server also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deal for Restaurant WeekSMG2913Dined on 1/16/2014For the most part, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here. My food was delicious and my waiter was a delight. I was very disappointed with the host staff. We waited for a considerable amount of time to be seated, when we had a reservation - while others were able to be seated immediately. I found this to be very unprofessional. For quite some time we waited near the hostess stand and no one even acknowledged us. Thankfully this negative experience was overshadowed by a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service, Even Better FoodLposeyVIPDined on 1/3/2014From the hostess Roz to our serving assistant Anibal, every moment of our dining experience was great. Above all, Candice was a great server, anticipating our every need and making us feel really special. The bone in filet is new and was delicious as was our wine recommended by our server. Chef Jose came out to greet us which really made our night. We had a cocktail after dinner at the bar and Danny was great as well. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- New Years EveacmorrisDined on 12/31/2013A great place to ring out 2013 and ring in 2014! The waitstaff let all the diners know when there was a minute to go; we gathered in the bar, counted down, and celebrated together. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet everSkorourkeDined on 12/28/2013The food is fantastic here. The Filet is so incredible that you literally eat every bite and it melts in your mouth. Service is outstanding. It's expensive but worth every Penny.Special Features:
- The dinner was a special weddingFPHZDined on 12/26/2013The dinner was a special wedding anniversary with 8 family members. The table was ready with decorations upon our arrival, allowing us to further add more. Service and staff was friendly, outgoing, impeccable, and patient - taking our orders, suggesting foods, and following up on our satisfaction. Even a special dessert was prepared for the honored elderly couple. Otherwise, delicious foods (even the veggies got compliments) and desserts for a very nice evening dinner.Special Features:
- over priced, underwhelmedDCFOODLAVIPDined on 12/25/2013went to this location for Christmas dinner,hostess dumped us in back room of restaurant with 2 large parties of 14 people,we had 3 in our party,felt totaly isolated,no atmosphere,no sense of being in a fine restaurant.Had the worst $18 Margarita money could buy,they ruined my daughters steak by over cooking,mushroom side was unedible.We felt rushed and main course came just as we were finishing our salads and the salads arrived within five minutes of placing our order.We were very excited to spend an enjoyable Christmas dinner with our daughter and instead wasted almost $400 on an average dining experience.Del Frisco,Flemings,The Palm put this restaurant or at least this location to shame,also extremely overpriced for the dining experience!
- Wonderful Christmas Meal!!LTHRDined on 12/25/2013As one of the FEW nice restaurants in the DC area open on the holiday, Ruth's Chris was a great place to have our Xmas meal. The "special" that was featured was delicious and the trimmings rounded out a great afternoon. We could only get an early reservation, but for Xmas Day, that was not an issue. The service, drinks, meal, dessert and general atmosphere was a joy. This was our first venture to a public venue for Christmas, and we may make this our new tradition.Special Features:
- Delicious.CATYDined on 12/23/2013My first time at Ruth's Chris and it did not disappoint. Delicious food and out waiter was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!HugsDined on 12/23/2013All around good experience - that's what dining out is all about!Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD but MUCH TOO NOISY!LoisVIPDined on 12/19/2013Always appreciate the willingness to prepare food for me without salt but the management was unwilling to approach a group of diners who were boisterously celebrating at the next table to ask them to tone down their enthusiasm. To me, the shrieks and shouting ruined the evening celebratory dibnner at our own table. Conversation was difficult. The waiter mis-heard some of the order because of the noise pollution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyslsoldierDined on 12/19/2013I loved our work related outing at Ruth's Chris. The people were extremely friendly and the food was out of this world. I definitely recommend it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.