Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda
7315 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3500/Bethesda
- Phone: 3016527877
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jose Ramirez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Bethesda, MD - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Bethesda offers 2 private rooms for up to 30 & 65 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Janice Chan 8772934586
- Entertainment: Thursday through Saturday: Keyboard player in lounge from 7:30pm
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Bethesda, MD serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bethesda reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (34)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (21)notable wine list (21)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Delicious from begining to end!DelightedDined on 1/27/2014The service was par excellence and every bite from begining to end was absolutely delicious! The bone in prime rib was out of this world and the bread pudding in whiskey sauce --- ooh, la la!Special Features:
- eveningdavidDined on 1/25/2014great staff. waiter was attentive to our table. a little long in wait for reserved seating but not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steaks EverJcamp1800Dined on 1/25/2014If someone knows of a better steakhouse please let me know. I myself have not found one.Special Features:
- Good steak; in-experienced waiterssamyVIPDined on 1/23/2014It was a cold snowy night. We went with out-of-town guests (table of 6). The wine we selected was not available. The waiter could not come-up with a replacement (in the same category/price range). Food was delivered to the wrong guests.
- Best Steak in MarylandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2014The entire experience was exceptional and well exceeded our satisfaction. The waiter was cordial, courteous, and on point with delivering all entrees. The food was superlative and the restaurant is perfectly cozy and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner!Hopeless4foodVIPDined on 1/19/2014I have always loved Ruth Chris for its excellent food and wonderful service, but last night was fabulous. I had dinner at Ruth Chris last night and my husband and I both opted for the restaurant week menu. We both thought the food was fabulous and have already decided to have my birthday dinner at Ruth Chris. I highly suggest the restaurant consider adding the mixed grill entrée to the regular menu. While I could not eat the entire thing, it is a different entrée than I have scene before and provides variety to the meal. The steak, crabcake and chicken were scrumptious. Bravo Ruth Chris Bethesda-- I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris Bethesda, MDDaveDined on 1/19/2014We had a reservation for four people to celebrate my son and his girlfriends engagement. The only negative was that my wife's petit filet was undercooked so she didn't enjoy the meal. She's one of those people that won't send something back because she thinks somebody going to do something to her food as a payback for complaining. I'm sure they would have made it right had she said something. Overall the service was outstanding and the other three meals were very good. It was the last day for Restaurant Week and the special three coarse meals offered for $34.99 were a good value. A very nice place whether you're on a date or just want to have a good steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little crispyNaenikkiDined on 1/18/2014It was Restaurant Week. I always try to go during restaurant week because they add the mixed grill to the menu which consists of the stuffed chicken, a 4 oz filet and a crab cake. My filet came out with a black crispy crust on part of it that I really didn't appreciate. I always order my steak well done and it's normally not burned. My stuffed chicken was lacking the usual stuffing... It was okay. I probably should have sent my food back but it was late and I just charged it to a busy kitchen ready to close. I ended up taking my food home. I ate the salad that came with it and bread and sides. Our server Joe was great! Our wine was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014Had to wait 20 mins even with a reservation, it was very busy. Our table server was very helpful though. Food was underwhelming - lobster bisque far too creamy, nice enough steak, but everything covered in sizzling hot, pungently garlic butter - just too much. Sides were pleasant enough, but the overall effect was too heavy. Went in restaurant week, probably won't go again.
- The noise and hard to find valetsmnixonDined on 1/18/2014Our experience began with trying to find the valet - which is described as being IN FRONT of the restaurant on Open Table. Well, the Valet isn't in front of the restaurant. After finding a parking garage and then walking in the cold to get there, we found out that it was on a side street...a side street not easily accessible from Wisconsin Ave. The noise in the restaurant definitely detracted from the romantic atmosphere. We really enjoyed the food - however, the steak I received was supposed to be medium rare and was definitely medium. I didn't ask to return it to the kitchen because it still tasted fine, but it just was too cooked. Service was terrific.Special Features:
- Memorable experienceTedlyDined on 1/17/2014We took old friends to Ruth's Chris. They're people of the world, but both said it was the finest meal they'd EVER enjoyed. We specified a quiet location so as to catch up without distraction, and the staff found us one in a back room. I would ask for it, far from the boisterous bar crowd and check-in queue. You don't go to Ruth's Chris for the gin! Every bite of dinner was magnificent. My bone-in filet (a contradiction, but there is such a thing) was yummy, but I regretted not ordering the filet sans bone that one cuts through like butter. My wife splurged and had lobster, all cracked and cut. The waiter had character but neglected our wine and sparkling water. We also wished for crusty bread. But overall: a special evening indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks as good as in ArgentinadrvdijkDined on 1/17/2014We went here for DC's 2014 restaurant week. Beautiful entourage, very friendly staff (Bobby sang a very lovely Happy Birthday for the table next to us), and the food... Woooww, just wow! Even though the crab cake didn't match the rest of the restaurant week's mixed grill, the steak was simply to die for!Special Features:
- Jan. 17 Dinner was a memorable day.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2014The 3 course dinner offered were excellent. There were four of us and since two were first timers, we decided to order different courses. Each of us shared our orders so each can give her own take of how the food was. All of us loved the food, excellente for everything and my two neophyte both said they will be back at this restaurant. Five stars for everythings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four dined for RestaurantDougDined on 1/17/2014Four dined for Restaurant Week. Everything was excellent from the salad/soup to the steak and salmon choices, and dessert. Service was very good as well. An enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris Reviewkb123Dined on 1/16/2014Fabulous. We were lucky and had a reservation during restaurant week. Portions were large and everything was delicious. Very nice server also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deal for Restaurant WeekSMG2913Dined on 1/16/2014For the most part, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here. My food was delicious and my waiter was a delight. I was very disappointed with the host staff. We waited for a considerable amount of time to be seated, when we had a reservation - while others were able to be seated immediately. I found this to be very unprofessional. For quite some time we waited near the hostess stand and no one even acknowledged us. Thankfully this negative experience was overshadowed by a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service, Even Better FoodLposeyVIPDined on 1/3/2014From the hostess Roz to our serving assistant Anibal, every moment of our dining experience was great. Above all, Candice was a great server, anticipating our every need and making us feel really special. The bone in filet is new and was delicious as was our wine recommended by our server. Chef Jose came out to greet us which really made our night. We had a cocktail after dinner at the bar and Danny was great as well. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- New Years EveacmorrisDined on 12/31/2013A great place to ring out 2013 and ring in 2014! The waitstaff let all the diners know when there was a minute to go; we gathered in the bar, counted down, and celebrated together. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet everSkorourkeDined on 12/28/2013The food is fantastic here. The Filet is so incredible that you literally eat every bite and it melts in your mouth. Service is outstanding. It's expensive but worth every Penny.Special Features:
- The dinner was a special weddingFPHZDined on 12/26/2013The dinner was a special wedding anniversary with 8 family members. The table was ready with decorations upon our arrival, allowing us to further add more. Service and staff was friendly, outgoing, impeccable, and patient - taking our orders, suggesting foods, and following up on our satisfaction. Even a special dessert was prepared for the honored elderly couple. Otherwise, delicious foods (even the veggies got compliments) and desserts for a very nice evening dinner.Special Features:
- over priced, underwhelmedDCFOODLAVIPDined on 12/25/2013went to this location for Christmas dinner,hostess dumped us in back room of restaurant with 2 large parties of 14 people,we had 3 in our party,felt totaly isolated,no atmosphere,no sense of being in a fine restaurant.Had the worst $18 Margarita money could buy,they ruined my daughters steak by over cooking,mushroom side was unedible.We felt rushed and main course came just as we were finishing our salads and the salads arrived within five minutes of placing our order.We were very excited to spend an enjoyable Christmas dinner with our daughter and instead wasted almost $400 on an average dining experience.Del Frisco,Flemings,The Palm put this restaurant or at least this location to shame,also extremely overpriced for the dining experience!
- Wonderful Christmas Meal!!LTHRDined on 12/25/2013As one of the FEW nice restaurants in the DC area open on the holiday, Ruth's Chris was a great place to have our Xmas meal. The "special" that was featured was delicious and the trimmings rounded out a great afternoon. We could only get an early reservation, but for Xmas Day, that was not an issue. The service, drinks, meal, dessert and general atmosphere was a joy. This was our first venture to a public venue for Christmas, and we may make this our new tradition.Special Features:
- Delicious.CATYDined on 12/23/2013My first time at Ruth's Chris and it did not disappoint. Delicious food and out waiter was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!HugsDined on 12/23/2013All around good experience - that's what dining out is all about!Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD but MUCH TOO NOISY!LoisVIPDined on 12/19/2013Always appreciate the willingness to prepare food for me without salt but the management was unwilling to approach a group of diners who were boisterously celebrating at the next table to ask them to tone down their enthusiasm. To me, the shrieks and shouting ruined the evening celebratory dibnner at our own table. Conversation was difficult. The waiter mis-heard some of the order because of the noise pollution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyslsoldierDined on 12/19/2013I loved our work related outing at Ruth's Chris. The people were extremely friendly and the food was out of this world. I definitely recommend it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAllenDined on 12/17/2013As always, excellent food and service. My all time favorite is the Porterhouse for 2. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but pesky serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/13/2013My team and I went to the restaurant for lunch and overall had a good time. The menu is very basic steakhouse fare, and was the meals were good. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meals. We were there to enjoy each other's company, but the wait staff kept interrupting our conversation. Some of this is to be expected as orders are taken and plates delivered. Every few minutes someone came to the table to check if we were enjoying our lunch. It became a bit of a joke among the team. It's appropriate to check on a table a few minutes after the main course has been served, but it's something that should be done once, not 5 or 6 times.Special Features:
- Superb for meat loversleniVIPDined on 12/12/2013It was a special occasion "requiring" a steak house. And, as always, Ruth Chris delivered! My husband had a filet; I had a double thick lamb chops - awesome!! Every bite was excellent. A couple words of caution - the servings are very large; so you might wish to split an appetizer. I was trying not to indulge in calories, and as they put the # of calories in each dish on the menu, it was easy to count calories but not easy to go even a bit light on things. Oh well, it was a special occasion. There is construction going on outside the restaurant. A note on the website as to how to find the parking place would have been helpful. All-in-all an excellent evening.Special Features:
- Great service explanations and foodTovahVIPDined on 12/6/2013Salads great sea bass and filet desserts to love Joseph was very good We had trouble getting to the Restraurant with rain and construction but calls to the place yielded good directionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group of 7 handled perfectlypgrestonVIPDined on 12/3/2013Needed a place for businesses dinner meeting for seven. We could not have been treated better. People arrived at different times yet they sat us down were attentive and provided us with everything we needed. Not rushed or pushy. The sound level was perfect for conversation. Overall excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LivelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2013I have been to 5 or 6 Ruth's Chris franchises around the country. This one has a more noisy, vibrant environment which is fun for a younger crowd or large groups. May not be ideal for couples trying to have a romantic evening or families wanting to have a quiet dinner. However, the food and wait staff quality is excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, service overwhelmingCherylCDined on 11/30/2013Food and drinks were great. Ended up having 3 servers in our section. We thought this was good - but ended up being the opposite. One server took our bread plates and knives before we finished the bread. We had the Ruth's Classic (dessert included). One server gave us dessert menus, and we could upgrade the dessert. THen first server brought us the standard dessert. Coffee USED to be a french press. Now it's simply a cup of coffee. I ordered a latte - it was barely warm. When it was redone, it was burnt. Primary server seemed to 'rush' us out (politely, but definitely 'pushing' us out). We were a bit disappointed in the overzealous servers. But more so, that we were rushed out of the restaurant.Special Features:
- But..PauloDined on 11/28/2013Everything is good! But. When we were first looking for a restaurant we called their number and it was still early. They told us that they do not accept customers anymore because they are so busy and they do nothave room to accommodate anymore. I suspect so what I did was I went to open table and book for an appointment and it went through. As soon as we get there, there are more rooms open! The lady that we talked too did not want to work and just being lazy!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteFoodfanDined on 11/28/2013We dine there on special events. This Thanksgiving, I didn't feel like doing the whole cooking thing. They did their usual good job on both food and service. I was expecting a it of server fatigue but it did not surface. Everything was done as well as expected.Special Features:
- Giving thanksOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/28/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our Thanksgiving lunch. I had the set menu. The Turkey, stuffing and Sweet Potato Casserole were delicious. Perfectly cooked. Our waiter was attentive without being obtrusive and went out of his way to ensure we had all that we needed and then some. We shall be coming back to have the steak next time. Everything was well cooked, well seasoned and well done! Thanks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a CelebrationKarelDined on 11/23/2013I booked a table using Open Table to celebrate our anniversary at Ruth's Chris. We arrived right on time and were seated immediately. The table was decorated with Happy Anniversary glitter! Nice touch. The waiter was very kind and asked us if we'd like to savor our time and go slow, or were we ready to order? We took our time and really enjoyed it all. The food - as always - was spectacular. My filet was cooked to perfection. My husband, who likes his steak more fully cooked, was perfect for him as well. We shared a salad and a side, not to save money but because we knew we'd be too full. At the end of the meal the waiter brought us a dessert sampler as an anniversary gift. Love Ruth's Chris!Special Features:
- Great steak and shrimpDCdinerVIPDined on 11/23/2013We ordered from Ruth's Classics area of the menu and very much enjoyed the steak and shrimp. Victor was a great waiter and we did save room for the chocolate sin cake. It was heavenly! ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for meat eaters!foodyDined on 11/16/2013Had an amazing porterhouse. My favorite cut of meat is rib eye and then NY strip, strangely enough the filet part of the porterhouse was the best ever, meat just melts in your mouth, but the sirloin part of the porterhouse was less outstanding.. However, two guests were non meat eaters and ordered shrimp instead and were not advised ahead of time, that they would be swimming in a cream sauce. So I was embarrassed downing this delicious steak while they struggled to eat their food. Restaurant should be careful with what they offer the non carnivoresSpecial Features:
- Delicious Steak HouseFoodie4FunDined on 11/15/2013The food and wait staff were absolutely fantastic. They were attentive and knowledgeable. The food and wine were delicious. I will definitely be going back there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.