Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington
2231 Crystal Drive, 11th Floor
Arlington, VA 22202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3499/Arlington
- Phone: 7039797275
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Ruderman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Arlington, VA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Arlington offers private rooms for 12 guests or more. Semi-private space is available for up to 20 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Boone 8777744094
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Arlington, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (74)special occasion (60)romantic (46)notable wine list (28)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (20)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Always GreatMerklearDined on 2/25/2014Very consistent, you always get a complete experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Ruth Chris fanpachickDined on 2/22/2014I stop by Ruth's Chris locally 4-5 times a year--dining with a friend in arlington, we settled on Ruth's Chris. We arrived to a posh restaurant, and were pleased with the view. That was about all I was l pleased with. We arrived at 7 and were there for going on 3 hours due to the slowest service imaginable. The steak was more greasy than broiled in butted and it was a bit more than marbled. The crabtini was good but there was so much lettuce in there it was more of a salad. We were planning on dessert but the rest of the dinner took so long we opted out and got the check instead. This was the worst experience I've ever had with Ruth's Chris. Had it been my first, or in my home town, I'd never have returned.
- Good Food Small PortionsmwilsonDined on 2/22/2014The overall food was good but the lobster tail that came with the steak was shrunk and was no bigger than a large shrimp. The steak was very small even for a 6 oz it was overcooked and not a medium well. They did not get my order right and I had to pay for an additional 6 oz steak in lieu of the 11 oz I originally ordered.Special Features:
- Love LOVE LOVE this location!WelovedourserverTeddyDined on 2/20/2014Teddy, our server was exceptional! Genuine! Best service and food I've had in a while. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived 40 mins late forKUNGFUCHICKDined on 2/18/2014We arrived 40 mins late for our reservation, but there was no problem as it was not that busy. We did the fixed price (classic) menu. Food, wine and service were all great, as expected from such a high scale restaurant.Special Features:
- Our Dinner Experience PHENOMENAL!!!AveryDined on 2/16/2014This was our (my wife & I) 1st time dining @ Ruth Chris. We arrived early & were directed 2 the Bar. The Bartendar (Andrew) was great, as the bar filled just prior 2 dinner. After a while, we were escorted 2 our table & 2 a breathtaking & fabulous view of Reagan Airport, the Metro (subway cars) & the trains on the railroad. Klaudia was our waitress, who also was great. We approached a table covered w/little tiny confetti hearts, as we celebrated Valentine's Day! Because of our attire we were asked if we wanted black napkins (impressive). We had the Lobster Bisque, New York Strip, Salmon w/Lump Crab Meat, Creamed Spinach & Cauliflower Au Gratin. All delicious! 4 dessert we had the Cheesecake, Bread Pudding, Port & a Double Espresso.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day 2014JacksonVIPDined on 2/14/2014Me and my boyfriend celebrating Valentine's Day at this restaurant, which is my favorite on to eat at. We had a great time and enjoyed the view and each other. It was very romantic and the food was exceptional, as always. I recommend this restaurant for a romantic dinner out with that someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Spot for Valentine's DaChrisDined on 2/14/2014I've never been disappointed in the food or service at a Ruth's Chris, and I've been to several throughout the US. This one is particularly notable for its outstanding wait staff. My wife had the ribeye and I had the New York strip, both prepared perfectly. The "crabtini" appetizer is excellent as is, but would love to see it served with a baguette to make a mini "lobster roll." The broiled tomatoes are my favorite side dish. The restaurant kept things flowing and didn't let the huge Valentine's Day rush slow things down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't live up to the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I’m sorry but… the experience doesn’t quite live up to all the hype… or the price. Our steaks were fine, except for being underdone. But, the staff was quick to take it back to finish cooking it to order (Yes, they put the same piece of meat that sat for 5-10 min on the table in front of us back on the grill). Then, the dining room; it had all the ambiance of something between a school cafetorium and an airport Applebee’s at 2am. Except, that wouldn’t be fair to Applebee’s; their staff is quicker and much more friendly and knowledgeable. There are much better steak restaurants in DC.Special Features:
- Reassuring to know that some thingsTeriDined on 2/11/2014Do not change! I do my best to get to Ruth's in Crystal City every time I visit because of the consistently great food and service. Thank you!Special Features:
- Could Have Been BetterItsTooLoudDined on 2/11/2014I had been to this restaurant several times but this time, even though the food was excellent, the service from the host stand was less than acceptable. When my party was directed to our table we had seen several empty tables near the windows. As we were directed to an interior table I inquired about being seated at one of the tables by the windows and was informed that they had been reserved. I was unaware, after making several reservations at this particular restaurant, that in order to be seated at a table by a window, this had to be requested when your reservation was made. This had never happened before and instead of being a celebratory evening, a temporary damper had been served along with the steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistenthilmoDined on 2/11/2014Ruth's Chris is always consistent, in the best possible sense. The food is always incredible, and the service top-notch. We always find a Ruth's Chris for special occasions no matter where we are in the world. This Ruth's Chris has a bit less ambiance than most since it overlooks Reagan Airport. Otherwise, an excellent choice for a romantic night out or special occasion.Special Features:
- Dinner with a FriendSESSusDined on 2/8/2014Have been here many times and it always meets or exceeds expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing…besides the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2014This was our first trip to Ruth's Chris, hearing great things from friends. We were seated next to a couple with the 3-5 year old kid. We were not asked if the table was okay until after we were settled and felt awkward moving. The kid spastically shouted, ruining any kind of ambiance we had hoped for. As for our waiter, we asked for a Savignon Blanc recommendation and he looked at the list and recommended two champagnes…clearly had no clue what wine was or what was best. We picked one and it was pretty good. They also forgot our side and it did not come out until we were almost done with our main course. The food was excellent and made up for everything else being subpar. For the money it costs to go there, I expect more.Special Features:
- Great experienceBrianDined on 2/7/2014Dinner was on a Friday night at 7:00, but surprisingly not too busy inside. The server was great as was the food (bone-in filet); overall highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you'd expectLauraDined on 1/30/2014We were a party of 7 and had a rectangle table. Since it was a business event, a round table would have been better, but no biggie. The food was good. The sea bass was outstanding. My ribeye was a bit over cooked (I asked for medium. The steak was nice and hot. The lobster mac and cheese was delicious. The wine was great. Overall, it was just as I would expect from Ruth's Chris Steak House. The view at this location is great. While it's over the airport - at night, you can see all of the lights and it's pretty - and if you look further out, you can see the Washington sites, Capitol, Washington Monument, etc.Special Features:
- Good choiceFillyDined on 1/26/2014Overall, this restaurant is one of our favorites. The steak is always delicious, the atmosphere nice and the menu is updated regularly. On my most recent visit I opted for the carribean lobster tail. I'm not sure what made it carribean but it was flavorless and the meat had been grilled to a crisp. The service was just okay. Not horrible, but far from the consistently high quality service that I receive at Morton's. When all is said and done. There's nothing like a filet mignon from Ruth's. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice scenic views,EnchantedDined on 1/26/2014Great food, nice scenic views, and nice atmosphere. Higly recommend Crystal City location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enjoyable evening withOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/25/2014A very enjoyable evening with a great view! We asked for a window seat and were able to be seated facing the airport. However, the view from the bar was far more spectacular. We plan to request that side of the restaurant next time. Our waiter was helpful, polite and fun. Our food was delicious especially our steaks and the calamari. We were celebrating a birthday and liked the way we were able to quietly celebrate it with decorations on the table and birthday cake - very nicely done! However, we never got our photo taken as promised. It was after we had blown out the birthday candle that the waiter asked about if we had our photo taken and then said he would send the photographer over but he never showed up. A perfect evening nonetheless!Special Features:
- Front desk - you take yourJluvstkDined on 1/24/2014Front desk - you take your position way to seriously. You told me I had to wait for 45 mins.! I made a reservation on open table and was seated within 15 mins. There were more than enough empty tables in the dining area.Special Features:
- Consistently Good ExperienceTimeDined on 1/24/2014Every time that we go to this restaurant we are fully satisfied with the food, service, server attitude and attention to our requests and great choice of wines. We choose this restaurant for special occasions and for some spontaneous nights out as well. We have never been disappointed, nor have we found a better restaurant in the Washington area for great dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a large party of 12ClintonVIPDined on 1/23/2014We had a large party of 12 people and we had a great evening. Food & wine were excellent and the service outstanding! Thank youSpecial Features:
- Very nice...WhoKnewDined on 1/23/2014I chose this Ruth's Chris location for the food quality, ambiance and service. I got everything I expected and then some. Brian NG was superb. He took very good care of us and we will be dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View!VioleteyesDined on 1/18/2014Get a table by the window for a spectacular view of DC monuments, Potomac River and Reagan Airport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but busy and loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/18/2014Food was awesome, as usual at Ruth's Chris. However, this location is MUCH busier than other ones in DC that we've been to. Consequently, it is very loud and crowded, ultimately taking away from the fine dining experience. For the cost of the meal, this was a big disappointment given the company we had (had never been to a fine dining place like this). Definitely will not come to this location again. Service was the best part of the experience. Very attentive servers. However, we were apart knocked over by one that was literally running through the hall to get to a table. Gotta applaud their dedication, but question their ways Finally, was disappointed to learn they don't participate in DC Restaurant Week.
- Great locationDaveDined on 1/17/2014Wonderful location and outstanding food. A little on the pricey side.Special Features:
- You get what you pay for!!!!FoodieFTWDined on 1/17/2014This is a pretty expensive resturant....and worth EVERY Red cent!! The ambiance was warm, intimate and inviting, the top floor view of the city was amazing and best of all the food was absolutely delectable!!!! I most definetly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibly the best calamari ever...ilym420Dined on 1/10/2014Late Friday night at the end of the second week of January 2014; virtually empty so we were spoiled by the attention....the calamari was fantastic!Special Features:
- Classic Can't MissArlingtonDined on 1/4/2014From Romantic dinner to special occasion this is an elegant spot with both great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BDay DinnerMhealyDined on 1/2/2014Went with a group of 8 people. The food was good typical Menu. Our waiter Brian was excellent great service. The bill was expensive not a great valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everMrscolviperDined on 12/31/2013While I would say the food is very pricy, it was definitely very good! I had the filet and it was cooked perfectly and very tender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy New YearJoneseyDined on 12/31/2013We have made going here a family tradition for the last 5 years. It is an excellent time for us to get reacquainted and to have a bit of fun. The food is always superb and the wait staff is on there feet a all times. We want for nothing. Excellent night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks! The sidesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Excellent steaks! The sides were just OK. Dessert was awesome. Pricey but worth the delicious, quality steaks!Special Features:
- timingSteveDined on 12/28/2013All was good except my daughter was not done with her salad before the entree's came out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/26/2013We visited this restaurant last year and it was awesome. Our waiter made the night so special for our children. This year, we were disappointed to not receive the same attention and our waiter seemed to disappear for long periods of time. A little disappointed in the attention we received for the price we paid for dinner for 7. We'll try some place different next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/25/2013My husband and I enjoyed dinner at Ruth's Chris on Christmas. Great service, delicious steaks, nice intimate table for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can you say "Overrated"?JCNVADined on 12/25/2013It's been a while since my last visit to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and now I remember why...mediocre food, mediocre service but what a bill! Yeah, I've had better food & service for less than half the price!!!! How these guys stay in business is beyond me...well they serve day old baked potatoes & are tight on the butter & sour cream so that must be it ...;-)Special Features:
- BEST RESTURANT IN TOWNcarolDined on 12/25/2013The food was the best ever, we still have not stopped talking about the wonderful dinner..The waiter was very pleasent and a great help. We can not say enough good things about the food, the serive and the the view..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Christmas ChoicePaulSrDined on 12/25/2013We opted to enjoy a quiet afternoon meal at Ruth's Chris rather than cook-in for our small family. The food choices were outstanding and the service was the best. The view of Washington and the airport is always nice on a sunny day! This is a great choice for a quiet, low stress holiday meal with great steaks and seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion RestaurantTravelingDPSDined on 12/25/2013Christmas Day Dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Arlington is our new family tradition. The food is amazing, the service is attentive without being over the top and the view is to die for. You can't go wrong with a steak being cooked in 500 degree butter. Although it is a great location for special occasions, it is also my go to for a nice solo dinner sitting at the bar after a long week. JT and Andrea are great bartenders. Always a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.