Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington
2231 Crystal Drive, 11th Floor
Arlington, VA 22202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/3499/Arlington
- Phone: 7039797275
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jason Ruderman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Arlington, VA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris - Arlington offers private rooms for 12 guests or more. Semi-private space is available for up to 20 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Boone 8777744094
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Arlington, VA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (72)special occasion (59)romantic (45)notable wine list (28)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Father's Day BrunchDCVADinerDined on 6/15/2014First time at Ruth's Chris Steak House. Great view (Reagan National Airport). Excellent service. Only complaint...very noisy. We were seated next to a very loud party which detracted from the overall experience. The food was good...large portions and exactly as it was represented on the menu. I would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandinglaughlicVIPDined on 6/14/2014Always consistent service across all locations. Everyone raved about the new fingerling potatoes. I thought they tasted like BBQ chips. I think the asparagus are always a healthier better bet.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed, oversalted.heartdcDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I had a gift certificate here, which we used to celebrate our one-year anniversary. I'd noted that it was our anniversary when I made the reservation. The only acknowledgment of this at the restaurant was some confetti on our table, and a half-hearted "Happy Anniversary" from our waitress, who didn't attempt to engage further than that perfunctory acknowledgement. Indeed, though the bussers were excellent, our waitress was clearly preoccupied and rushed - except, of course, when we wanted the check, at which time she was nowhere to be found. The steaks were good, but the rest of the food was so underwhelming I can hardly remember what we ate. Oversalted lobster mac with undercooked pasta was a lowlight. Nice DC views though.Special Features:
- Good view, not so good serviceJMFTVIPDined on 5/25/2014We were treated to an awesome view of the Capitol, but the service was less than what I am used to at Ruth's Chris. We waited for a while just to get our drinks and the wait staff was not very friendly or attentive. I will return, but will do so more for the food and the view than for the service.Special Features:
- Couldn't get my steak right.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014The one thing that has to be done right at a Steakhouse is the steak. It took 3 tries to cook my steak medium and they still messed it up.Special Features:
- The following 1067 reviews are from the Ruth's Chris Steak House - Arlington reviews archive.
- Absolutely LOVE this location!!JohnnyDined on 5/22/2014Ruth's Chris in Arlington is a flagship steakhouse and restaurant without question!!!! I have been to competitors and even other Ruth's Chris locations but the Arlington Virginia location is top notch and NEVER fails to impress. Come to this location and I assure you that you will leave filled with the most amazing food and excellence in service...you will not be let down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, expensive.OccasionalDinerDined on 5/22/2014It's hard to find a better steak dinner anywhere, Ruth's Chris is at the top of the game. The harvest salad was terrific, hadn't had one before, the description was enticing and it lived up to that promise. The petit filet was perfectly sized for so done who wants just a little less food, and was done to perfection. The sweet potato with pecan crusting was so good it could have been a dessert, but not sweet like candy, excellent. Found the wine overpriced, though, we had a bottle of a Pinot Noir that we but locally, it was nearly 3x what we pay for a bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impresseddontmakefoodmakerezVIPDined on 5/18/2014Not impressed with this restaurant. I expected better service, warm bread. Didn't like that I couldn't pick the section to sit. I left a message on open table that it was my hubby's B day and the hostess forgot??? We won't return.
- nice dinneracdr25Dined on 5/17/2014the food was outstanding, however, the service was a little lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruths Reviewcoolguy55Dined on 5/17/2014The food was good , the service was horrible not acceptable thought it would have been betterSpecial Features:
- Good Steak!!Wolverine1Dined on 5/17/2014Great place for a good steak! Pricy, but worth it! Good area in the crystal city area. Went for anniversary dinner and she loved it!!! Would go there again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over cooked steak and slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014This was very disappointing. Had to send back the steak that I asked for medium and the waiter said would be pink throughout. When it arrived it was "medium to medium well" which was the waiters words, barely has any pink in the center. He took it back but it took at least 15 mins to bring out another one. This was brought out by the manager who I don't even think apologized. When my girlfriend and I were finished the waiter offered free desert as the only compensation. This also took about 15-20 mins to bring out. All in all was very disappointing. Was expecting them to know how to cook steak seeing how its a legit steak house. I never send back food but I would expect them to make it a priority which didn't seem like the case.
- GreatCadillacDined on 5/11/2014We have always love Ruth Chris. We go for their steaks. They are the best in Washington DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother Day specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014I'm a frequent customer. I always bring my mother and my wife, so Mother's Day was a special day for me. I was shocked and surprised that my mother and my wife said the steaks were a little bit tough. But our waitress she was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining and AtmosphereFitFoodieDined on 5/11/2014My party of 3 for Mother's Day 2014 was spectacular. The service was fantastic. They answered questions and told us of specials for the day. The food was delicious. Every morsel had you wanting more. The view of the airport and DC was incredible. This is one place were I will bring visiting friends and family. Braaaaavo Ruth Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Mother's Day LunchDocDDined on 5/11/2014Food excellent! Party enjoyed Mother's Day lunch of Ribeye/Lobster, Stuffed Chicken & Crab Cakes--all loved ordered dishes...cooked on 500 degree plates! Ordered sides--mash potatoes, mac & cheese superb; fries overdone/burnt. Beware: side dishes well-portioned...enough for 2-3 people. Mac & cheese the best--highly recommend. Entrees all excellent--recommend Ribeye, chicken! Prices not cheap, reasonable for high end restaurant. Service superb--friendly, efficient...can tell they went to "high clientele" training...polished, not snooty. Finally, table by window very nice, breathtaking--views of Reagan National...very cool watching aircraft land/takeoff continuously. Mama left happy, satisfied w/special Mother's Day celebration!Special Features:
- Great Experience!fanthom316Dined on 5/9/2014My dinning experience at Ruth Chris was remarkable. The service was outstanding! Can't wait until I am able to go back!Special Features:
- Great Food........Great View...TARFOURVIPDined on 5/8/2014The female bartender was amazing!!!......really funny and very engaging. Our waiter was also excellent. The bone in Filet was perfect along with all the other food. Probably the Best Ruth's Chris steak house I have been too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2014We moved tables because some noisy groups were seated next to us and it was difficult to have a business discussion. The noise seemed to increase with the number of drinks they were served. We also had to track our server down several times. He seemed swamped. Not his fault if he was covering a lot of tables. Food was great as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentFinnwalkDined on 5/2/2014Enjoyed a Friday Night "Date Night" with my husband here. The service and food are always impeccable. We like this location for the view of the airport and DC. On this visit we actually had two issues, one was resolved immediately, one was not. The first was that my husband could not eat about 1/3 of his filet due to a line of fat/gristle/tendon running through it. We called it to our server's attention and it was handled. The second issue was that the entire restaurant was COLD. Just looking around you could see that there were MANY patrons who were uncomfortable. We asked them to turn down the AC but that did not happen. Was happy when my coffee arrived to hold the warm cup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as other Ruth ChrisStiggVIPDined on 4/30/2014I frequent RC regularly & at different locations. Steak was flawless!, Perfect!. Also ordered Chicken as it is incredible. I asked for light butter and cheese and what came out was Pure Cheese Chicken. We could not even eat it and the waiter who I told about it after he came back 20 minutes later didnt even say can I get you something but did ultimately remove it from the bill. I also asked for a baked potato with everything on the side. First it came out loaded with everything. Then when I asked again it came out loaded with Cheese. Not sure if this was just a waiter issue or they are in love with cheese there :-). I have been to this location but not in a long time.Special Features:
- Great Steak with a ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2014Excellent steak restaurant. Friendly service. Close to all the Chrystal City Hotels with a nice view if DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant EverbaileyVIPDined on 4/26/2014This is by far our family's favorite restaurant. It's pricey, but well worth every penny. We come here mostly for birthday dinners, but we wish we could have dinner here more often! The service is always outstanding, everyone is very pleasant and accommodating, and the food is the best I've ever had. Seriously. Favorites are the filet (always cooked perfectly), crabcake appetizer, Harvest Salad, and the to-die-for sweet potato souffle. They have great selection and wonderful specials. We always have a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's Birthday CelebrationPastorDined on 4/19/2014This was a date with two other couples. The food was excellent; served quickly and accurately. Service was excellent. We always enjoy ourselves when we come. I wish I could have reserved a window table to be able to enjoy the view. That should be an option. Will always recommend to anyone. Thanks for making my wife's birthday beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails to ImpressOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2014We've been coming here for years, but it dropped off our dining-out list for a while. When we first returned we couldn't remember why we'd stopped coming. From the valet service to the people at the desk; from the bus people to the wait staff everyone is well trained and has no problem doing the minor alterations to regular dishes that we sometimes have. It's back in our restaurant rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014I hadn't been to Ruth Chris for dinner for quite a while. it was wonderful to see and experience the same high quality it is know for. Simply delicious food with breath taking view of the Potomac.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My B-DaybdayDined on 4/14/2014My husband and I had a beautiful night. The staff was very attentive, polite and courteous. The food was delightful.Special Features:
- WinnerdrahmafreeDined on 4/13/2014Ruth's Chris is a definite winner! I love it more and more each time I come. You will love it too! Great staff, awesome service!Special Features:
- We love Ruth's Chris Crystal CityKShackDined on 4/12/2014The food is always excellent as well as the service. The hostess seated us, and upon hearing that we preferred window seating, secured a table by the window for us. There, you are looking out over the runways of Ronald Reagen National Airport. The waiters are friendly and attentive. And the food, especially the steak is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLPtheKingDined on 4/4/2014Everything was done well. Great drink. Perfectly cooked cowboy ribeye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but serviceJohnnyJayDined on 4/3/2014Excellent food but service was not up to their usual standards.Special Features:
- love love live this placedrahmafreeDined on 3/30/2014Awesome spot. Food was great & so was the service. Will be going back.Special Features:
- ExcellentDianeDined on 3/29/2014The staff is extremely helpful, accommodating and friendly. They really make your visit a special occasion each and every time. The wine list is excellent as well as the menu. My husband and I go out to eat dinner a couple times a week and this is our favorite. Every visit has been a delight. The wait staff are very personable and add to your experience. This place is awesome and we love it. That's why we continue to come back. It never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonGDined on 3/22/2014The service was truly outstanding. The food was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/17/2014Great food, great service and beautiful view of Washington DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally quality of foodshawDined on 3/11/2014Generally quality of food and service was not as I have good as experienced at Ruth's Chis is other locations.Special Features:
- excellent food!!!irelandDined on 3/8/2014Best steak ive ever had. The sweet potato casserole was just as good. The experience was great. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Enchanted EveningStephenDined on 3/2/2014This was my first visit to this Ruth's Chris Steak House, but it certainly won't be my last. My lady and I were impressed with all aspects of our dining experience at your wonderful establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deterioriated food!GottabegoodVIPDined on 2/25/2014Steaks were greasy, grisly, and served on small side-dish plates instead of on a platter! I cannot recommend this as a steakhouse!! too many others much better in the area.Special Features:
- Always GreatMerklearDined on 2/25/2014Very consistent, you always get a complete experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.