Brook's Steak House & Cellar
6538 S. Yosemite Circle
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Brook's Steak House & Cellar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brookssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3037701177
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Abel Gomez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Arapahoe
- Public Transit: Walking distance from Arapahoe at Village Center Light Rail station as well as Comfort Dental/Fiddler's Green Amphitheater. Conveniently located in the Denver Tech Center and major area hotels.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Self parking also available.
A word from Brook's Steak House & Cellar
Brook's Steak House serves the finest USDA Prime Steaks, Colorado Lamb, and South Australian Lobster. They have been recognized as one of the Top Ten Steak Houses in America by MSN CitySearch for 2003 and 2004. Brook's award-winning wine list of over 350 wines from around the world will surely please the most discriminating palate. From the moment you enter the restaurant, you will feel the difference only an independently owned restaurant can offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Brook's Steak House & Cellar - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Brook's Steak House & Cellar reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (57)romantic (40)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The food was excellent andtrfinleyDined on 2/26/2014The food was excellent and the service was exceptional. I'm on a very restrictive diet and they were very accomodating in preparing my meal to my specific needs. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceWayneDined on 2/26/2014This was our second time at Brook's and it was wonderful both the food and service. My wife and I had a great time.Special Features:
- Another nice night at Brook'sWeloveDenverDined on 2/26/2014We went this time during restaurant week and had another great experience.Special Features:
- Excellent time during $60 weekdacfileDined on 2/25/2014First time at Brooks, there are none better steaks in the metro Denver, the bread and chocolate pudding was to die for. Salad was very tasty. Veggies were veggies. Service was top rated. This was a 5280 Restaurant week visit. Now the but... I am not a fan of the pricing for other times. I do not like getting billed for each item. Hey just charge me $80 for a filet and forget all the non sense of $7 for this and $8 for that. I know the football guys and others restaurant do it, but I do not return. Will be back next in August. It is a shame such a good restaurant has a horrible pricing policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go to restaurant week everyBettyADined on 2/25/2014I go to restaurant week every year with friends and I have never had such a disappointing experience like I had here, the choices were minimal and on the cheap and our server didn't seem interested on whether we were happy or not he just brought the courses in order according to the menu as the only choice you had was meat fish or filet, anyway we didn't care for it at all for a so called high end steak house I would not recommend it stick to Del Frisco's
- Celebration DinnerBritters2444Dined on 2/25/2014My husband absolutely loved our dinner and service. It was expensive but definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceRylandDined on 2/25/2014I mention the noise level having been energetic because I believe we were the energetic table. Outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak House!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2014The steaks (filet mignon & ribeye) were perectly cooked. The sides were all delicious. The deserts were decadent. The service was awesome. Thank you Antonio! (All of the staff were great.) We went during restaurant week and were surprised at how accommodating, for all size groups, Brook's was. We didn't feel like we were being herded in, cramped, or rushed for such a busy time. Brook's has a very nice, comfortable ambiance. Just an overall pleasant dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week at Brook's Steak HoshellyDined on 2/24/2014There was not a large selection, but the steak was delicious and cooked perfectly. The dessert was a chocolate lovers dream.Special Features:
- Great experience.AllieDined on 2/24/2014Wait staff very attentive. Thoroughly enjoyed the ambience as we were there with another couple and were able to carry on a conversation with raising our voices to be heard, and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodVictorDined on 2/24/2014The filet minon was cooked to perfection. The restaurant week option was great as we got to truly enjoy your wonderful food via a smaller serving. I've been there 3 times and every time it's been great food and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic ambienceJamieHDined on 2/24/2014Brook's Steak House was easy to get to, had valet parking, was warm and dark inside (not too dark) and had the feel of a "real" steakhouse". Service was excellent and the food was wonderful. We will definitely go back another time.Special Features:
- Good Steak HouseMinaDined on 2/24/2014This restaurant is dependable and one of the best steakhouses in Denver. Staff is wonderful, ambiance very nice...reminds me of the steakhouses in the past and in a very good way. We always come back.Special Features:
- Bob from Denver at Brooks SteakhousBobinDenverDined on 2/23/2014It was a wonderful dinner. The people where very polite and attentive and the steak was perfectly produced. Loved the bread. We were so full that we had to take desert home with us. Its not a place we could afford on a frequent basis but it is on our list for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014Went for Denver Restaurant Week. The steak was cooked perfectly and was tender and tasty. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAD Choice for Restaurant WeekflyfishingelkhunterDined on 2/23/2014Poor choice for Restaurant Week. Salmon was absolutely flavorless - wonder why they give you half a lemon to drench it? The filet was also missing the bacon wrap (more cost cutting cheapness) and was smothered in a gravy - to give it flavor - along with three slices of mushroom. There was also a tablespoon's worth of mashed potatoes and about a dozen small snap peas. The big joke was the 50 cent cup of chocolate pudding - really? Designed to leave you feeling full after a lack luster meal. Should have been a complimentary signature drink, samples of couple of their appetizers, more entre choices, and a sampling of several of their desserts. This restaurant does not get the flavor of Restaurant Week. Save your money and go elsewhere.
- pleasantly surprisedcduncDined on 2/23/2014We had the best prepared steak and salmon that we had experienced in a long time. We will DEFINITELY go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Yet DissapointningZuzanaDined on 2/23/2014My husband and I came to Brooks for Denver Restaurant Week. We arrived at 4:45 for our 5 pm reservation and were seated right away. The place did get full shortly after 5. The food was excellent. We both got the fillet. I got mine cooked medium and my husband medium rare. Mine was better - we both agreed.The reason I gave it 4 stars is the bread - the onion topping does not fit in. We did not drink. Maybe that's why the waitress, even though nice and smiling, never came to check on our food or if we needed anything. I wanted a cappuccino with the chocolate pudding. She was at the table next to us 3 times(party of 8 = big tip?), she never even looked at us. Unfortunately, the service ruined the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014My friend I had dinner there the other night and for the $130.00 total cost it was incredibly underwhelming. Nothing was bad, but nothing was memorable. My friend did enjoy the shrimp cocktail, the sauce was the best I had ever tasted, but it wasn't enough to make me ever want to go back. If you are looking for a decent steak and don't mind spending somewhere between $75.00 and $150.00 for something less than memorable, then I would go to Brook's Steak House.
- Outstanding eveningfoodfanDined on 2/22/2014Perfect probably the best Fillet I've ever had...everything else was great too but that steak...WOW!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went during restaurant week.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2014Went during restaurant week. We were seated right away with attentive service. Filet was fabulous! A very enjoyable evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodIrunchikDined on 2/22/2014The food at the restaurant was amazing. Everything was made to perfection, the only thing is when we requested more bread they told us there is a charge for it which was weird considering the lever of the restaurant that it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was a great experienceLisaDined on 2/22/2014Dinner was a great experience and I would go back again....Special Features:
- 5280KirkDined on 2/22/2014We had a great time and the food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great for restaurant weekeyedempotentDined on 2/22/2014We went to this restaurant for restaurant week and had a good experience. The salad was okay, the mashed potatoes and sugar snap peas were delicious. The filet was fine but I will say that Del Frisco's steak was significantly better. Mine was undercooked slightly but not by too much. It's probably unfair to judge the noise level during restaurant week, it's a very busy time. The portion size was just right, in my opinion, and I have no desire to spend the extra money on a 14 oz or even 8 oz filet (for restaurant week it was a 6 oz steak). The chocolate pudding was fine but pudding in general is just a bit pedestrian.Special Features:
- Not so specialkurlandfDined on 2/22/2014We tried this place for restaurant week. The ambiance was nothing special. We were the first customers to be seated in a back room with the table under a big screen TV. The food was just OK. Would not want to pay the high prices for this marginal food. Service not that great either. Our water glasses were continuely filled but no one poured our wine.
- A bit disappointingJonSDined on 2/22/2014Overall, a very average dining ,experience. Good place if you are over 50 years old. The atmosphere is boring, the food is way over priced for the taste and quality and the service was well below what I would expect for a nice steakhouse. I will say the steak itself was cooked perfectly, but other than that, the appetizer, the sides and the desert were below average. In fact, the desert they served literally tasted no different than JELLO chocolate pudding. Will not return.
- Such a Deal!HipHipHoorayDined on 2/22/2014We went to Brook's Steakhouse as part of the Denver Restaurant Week promotion and felt we got more than our money's worth in the process. We had to settle for a 5 PM reservation (first of the night) due to high demand but it turned out to be a great time to be there with no waiting and little rushing. The wait staff was stellar and the night went very well. We will definitely return to Brook's in the future, with or without the discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014The parking lot was not paved or marked. The filet had a mushroom sauce. I am not a big fan of mushrooms and not a fan of sauce on my steak. The potatoes were OK but nothing special. The snap peas were not very good. The pudding was nothing special. We tried the restaurant as part of 5280 but would not return and would not recommend it.
- Wonderful OutingJakeWDined on 2/21/2014selecting wine from a Tablet was a first and neat. the Porterhouse steak was absolutely fantastic! service was good. couldn't ask for more, enjoyed every moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak that is PRIMEJoeHDined on 2/21/2014Excellent prime steaks that melt in your mouth. Sides are also superb and generous, but come here for the red meat! Great ambiance, you are able to speak with (and hear!) your dinner partners. Service is prompt and non-intrusive! A great restaurant for special occasions or just when you crave a great steak in a quiet, comfortable, atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak/poor serviceWallStKingDined on 2/15/2014I just moved to Denver from New York City and I will say the filet was great. Cooked perfectly and great flavor. The sides were so-so. The cheesecake was terrible. The service was awful for a "fancy" restaurant. I would go back again just for the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take the kids ... reallyMConcaVIPDined on 2/15/2014We decided to take the kids here, figuring it was about time they had a fine dining experience. They are ages 6 and 7, and are typically very well behaved. Nevertheless, we went early (5pm) and brought activity books with colored pencils. Their is no kids menu, but there is enough kid friendly food that we didn't have any issues. Steak, wedge salad, mac-n-cheese, scalloped potatoes. The staff was great and the kids thought it was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible prices, not foodRobhDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I have been driving past this fancy place for years and finally decided to try it out. We were prepared to spend a little extra for what we had heard was a good place to eat. The food was barely average and the service matched. My wife's $65 Filet had to be returned to the kitchen twice. My lobster tail was void of flavor. Del Frisco's, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Elway's and Shanahan's have nothing to be worried about.
- Over flow room. Never again.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The valentines day special was a great value and the filet was prepared perfectly. We were seated in the small over flow room. The smaller room full of tables made for a very loud dinner which ruined the mood. Never again.Special Features:
- Understaffed at bar overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Priced higher than competition del Frisco and shanahans and not on same step as either of those in terms of ambience and food.Special Features:
- So So ExperienceJoeyDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I arrived at 6:55 for a 7:00 reservation. Waited unitl 7:30 for a table - they were "running late." What is the point of a reservation? Once seated we were met by a grumpy server bringng onion bread (fabulous) and water. We waited 20 more minutes for a real waiter to show up and take a drink order. It was 8:00 before we ordered food; one hour from when our reservation was supposed to be. The food did not take exceptionally long to arrive (thank God). But when it got there, one steak was not properly prepared; not even close. This just kills the meal. One person can't eat while another waits. While the side dishes were excellent, if you can't nail service and the main dish what is the point of coming to the restaurant?
- Always a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Brook's is my favorite place to go for a special occasion or celebrating with friends. Great food and great service. Drinks can be sometimes inconsistent, but the food makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Valentine's special was2yummyDined on 2/14/2014The Valentine's special was great and the champagne was wonderful! We've had a great dining experience every time we have been to Brooks. We had a 25 minute wait despite having reservations, however, that's understandable on such a busy occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Money PitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Very good and prof. service, But, the prices should have included a 3 or 4 course meal choice instead of a la cartSpecial Features: