Brook's Steak House & Cellar
6538 S. Yosemite Circle
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Brook's Steak House & Cellar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brookssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3037701177
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Abel Gomez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Arapahoe
- Public Transit: Walking distance from Arapahoe at Village Center Light Rail station as well as Comfort Dental/Fiddler's Green Amphitheater. Conveniently located in the Denver Tech Center and major area hotels.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Self parking also available.
A word from Brook's Steak House & Cellar
Brook's Steak House serves the finest USDA Prime Steaks, Colorado Lamb, and South Australian Lobster. They have been recognized as one of the Top Ten Steak Houses in America by MSN CitySearch for 2003 and 2004. Brook's award-winning wine list of over 350 wines from around the world will surely please the most discriminating palate. From the moment you enter the restaurant, you will feel the difference only an independently owned restaurant can offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Brook's Steak House & Cellar - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Brook's Steak House & Cellar reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (59)romantic (42)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wish they had brunch more oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Brooks Steakhouse's mothers day brunch is hands down the best in Denver. Apparently they do it twice a year, Easter and Mother's day. Guess I know what I will be doing those days.Special Features:
- Confirm Special Requests Ahead2ColoradoKidsDined on 5/11/2014Upon arriving at the restaurant on Mother's Day this year, we were seated far away from the buffet area in a back room. When we made our reservations online with Open Table, we specifically requested a table close to the buffet because of medical conditions. We stated we had requested a closer table when we made reservations. We were redirected to wait until a table became available. We waited in the bar for about 20 minutes and we were seated at a table for 2 on the buffet floor, which was a perfect accommodation. Guess the lesson learned here is to "Confirm any special requests ahead of the reserved date"!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day CelebrationDennyDined on 5/11/2014Wonderful Mother's Day Brunch and 'special' way to recognize her. Excellent staff, food and service from the reception to the Valet. We had a party of six and never felt rushed or experienced any wait staff was 'too busy' to respond to all our needs.Special Features:
- Dinner was great, but brunch notOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/11/2014Always enjoy dinner at Brooks. Tried Mother's Day Brunch and it really wasn't very good. Very expensive and not very impressive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousMyFavDined on 5/11/2014Third Mother's Day Brunch in row. This is the very best. Food is wonderful but the service is what make it such a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Always a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Brook's delivers a great experience each and every time. It is a top ranked restaurant for many reasons - quality of the food is excellent, service is top-notch, and the overall dining environment is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in DenverArchimedezeDined on 5/10/2014Brooks is the Premier steakhouse serving the Greater Denver area and Colorado Front-Range. In 16 years, we've consistently enjoyed the very finest cuts, cooked to perfection. Brooks' service is outstanding: immediately attentive and respectful, but not intrusive.Special Features:
- TheaterLoverVIPDined on 5/2/2014Our first time but we'll be back. Amazing crawfish appetizer followed by the mixed grill, a perfect way to celebrate a special occasion. And Jeff our waiter was there to guide us through it all. WonderfulSpecial Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinner!MarilynVIPDined on 5/2/2014We went to Brooks to have a special dinner in celebration of my husband's birthday. We had the $49.95 special of salad, filet mignon, 8 oz. lobster tail, creamed corn, Boursin au gratin potatoes, & hot fudge sundae. Everything was just fabulous! Cannot wait to go back. We have been there four times now & each time has been an excellent experience. Wish there were more people there.Special Features:
- Outdated & OverpricedCarnivoreoVIPDined on 4/26/2014I was a bit suspect when I noticed that the entry doors were rather worn and the wood finish showing signs of neglect. There was problems with our drink order, we didn't get menus until we had been there 20 minutes. After my wife ordered, I ordered the special. I was told that in order to get the special, we both had to order it. Ridiculous. As far as the steaks go; I ordered a filet, medium rare, it came to the table rare. We were there on a Saturday night at 7:00pm and only 7 tables were filled, now I know why. For as much as they charge for a steak, you have better options in the South Denver area.
- Great steak and wineErinDined on 4/26/2014I took my parents here for their anniversary. The experience that we had was fantastic! We had the cold appetizer for 2 and added an extra side of oysters. The tuna tartar is phenomenal. We all had steak cooked different ways. Probably the best steak I have ever had! The drinks were well mixed and pleasantly strong. The sommelier was very knowledgeable about the extensive wine list and gave excellent pairings with our tastes and meals. d take a picture of us to commemorate the occasion. And gave it to us in a frame before the meal was over. Since this was a special occasion for my parents, dinner also came with a dessert compliments of the house. The creme brulee is fantastic! Would recommend! 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The shrimp cocktail, the filet and the creamed corn were all terrific. The service was wonderful. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- TraditionqwestjanDined on 4/25/2014We Alway Go Here For Our Anniversary, And It's Really Good. Seems That Portions Are Smaller For The Price, But It Could Have Been An Off Night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerbbatkinsDined on 4/25/2014Enjoyed our anniversary with a dinner at Brooks. They have a weekend special that includes salad, steak, your choice of seafood (we had lobster tail) and dessert. The good was amazing as usual, the ambiance was very nice and the service was amazing. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night steaks and crawfishDenverDinerVIPDined on 4/25/2014Very accommodating for our seating in bar area so we could watch hockey game, even offered us a private room if we wanted! We were happy where we were. Ordered partially from happy hour menu- crawfish excellent as always. Half price wines by the glass. Sliders good too. 12 oz strip steak was excellent. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchVickyDined on 4/20/2014My husband and I came for the Easter Brunch. It was outstanding. We had not been here before but we will definitely be back. The food, service, and overall feel was great. Only one item of concern...we dined later in the day (2:30) which was right before the last seating and the ladies room needed some serious attention. I highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Fabulous!yummyDined on 4/20/2014Courtney was outstanding, and the food fabulous! I love this place for dinner, but the Easter brunch was wonderful too!Special Features:
- BrunchJShawDined on 4/20/2014Had a great Easter brunch and would thoroughly recommend Brook's. Great atmosphere and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch - Worth the WaitVAHooDined on 4/20/2014Our experience started off on quite a rocky start. Even with an 11:45AM reservation, we waited almost 30 minutes to be seated. Once we were seated we quickly learned why we waited. The huge selection of delectable dishes was almost overwhelming. The chefs and staff had assembled the most impressive brunch selections I've ever witnessed. The tenderloin was amazing and complimented with a host of great sauces. The mountain of halved crab legs and near fist-sized shrimp beneath the ice sculptures were delicious. The more traditional breakfast choices were nothing short of comprehensive at well. But, the kicker was the chef attended bananas foster station - yum. While annoyed by the wait, we will likely return - on a less busy day.Special Features:
- Brooks mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Been to Brooks many times. Love the ambiance - nice and quiet; can carry on a conversation very easily; makes the meal comfortable. As always, several excellent meal choices and excellent taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great little neighborhood gemAphexDined on 4/17/2014I've lived next to this place for 10 years, drove past it nearly every day on I-25, and had no idea the mini castle looking structure housed a high end steakhouse. Unless you're the 1%, this isn't the sort of place to come to often. The steaks are $40-$55, and all sides are ala carte. So for two people, after tip, you're looking at a bill of about $150. The food, is really, really good. The steaks were nearly perfect. If you want some filet mignon that is nearly as tender and salmon, check this place out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2014The manager was rude. We received a certificate for my birthday giving us 1/2 off my entree. We ordered a lot. He wasn't satisfied with my email saying that we were invited by Brooks for this opportunity. He wanted a copy of the email. He made us send a copy to him at the restaurant. He demanded that we send him a copy of the email. After what took 1/2 hour to accomplish this we were allowed to leave and pay our bill. We had the same certificate last year. The manager did not even look at it. There was no Mention of this on the certificate. I'm not sure I will return
- Great food and great experienceJaimieDined on 4/11/2014My wife and I took advantage of the filet and king crab leg special offer that we received via email. It did not disappoint! The filet was cooked perfectly. The crab legs were cooked perfectly. The sides we had were both wonderful, and the dessert was perfect. And let me not forget to mention the Brooks house salad was one of the best house salads I've had, with the walnut vinaigrette and blue cheese crumbles.... delicious!!! We are pretty tough on restaurants and are unfortunately often disappointed with either one or both of our dishes. It was nice enjoy everything that was brought out. And even the bread was amazing as we arrived. Really, everything was spot on! Thanks for a wonderful evening!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timing of foodDRBRDined on 3/29/2014Although the food is well worth the wait it would be nicer if there wasn't so much time between serving the courses. We find that we get full by the time the main dish is served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Evening.Muman1Dined on 3/26/2014It was one of the best,dinning experiences,for all,in our recent memory. Wonderful atmosphere, excellent choices, and the food was perfect. The server,"Dawne" , made it all much better. We all agreed she was one of the best ever. We said when we come back we want her to serve us.We also said we would recommend you to our friends. Thanks, It was a great time for all. AnthonySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best deals in townSid2003Dined on 3/21/2014One of the best deals in town and at a great restaurant is the special Steak and Lobster with all the trimmings for $99.00 per couple. The overall experience was terrific with outstanding service. Don't miss the Happy Hour with quality well beverages .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely dinnerYummyDined on 3/8/2014The steak/seafood March special for $99 was fantastic. I greatly enjoyed this special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very organizated, but a greatTrishDined on 3/2/2014restaurant! We were party of 12 w/ 2 young kids. I had called 3 weeks prior to set this up, & about 8 days prior to confirm the details, but when I called the day before to change the # attending, the guy who answered had no info on our party! He said he would take care of it. When we arrived, however, we surprised them! It could have been a disaster, but the staff saved the day, giving us the room they promised and then setting up the special arrangements we needed. It was very private and even the kids had a great time (but caution - no children's menu). Everybody raved about the food, & the chef sent us a special side on the house. When we prepared to depart, the staff cheerfully boxed up the leftovers and settled up with each family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time and wont go back!JohnnyDined on 3/1/2014Found this restaurant by the local 5280 restaurant week specials and decided to make a night out of it. We walked in and were greeted and decided to sit in the bar. Drinks were slightly over priced but tasty. Dinner options for this limited menu were choice of Salmon or Filet so we ordered one of each. Salmon- was COLD when brought to the table and raw in the middle. Mash Potatoes had no flavor. The Filet was ok but not at all impressed! Best part of the experience was the cold sea food appetizer on the regular menu but beware the price is per person!!!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014On this visit we were disappointed in the service. Our "wine with dinner" was served late when the meal was almost finished.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencefoodie5000Dined on 2/28/2014I went to Brook's Steakhouse with my boyfriend during Denver's restaurant week, and we had an amazing time! The food was delicious, the staff extremely courteous and personable, and the atmosphere very relaxing and romantic. We would go there again in a heartbeat. I highly recommend Brook's for a special occasion or romantic date night. It was a fantastic deal for restaurant week, and although the normal prices were on the high side, it would still be worth it at any other time for the quality of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time PleasureSpaceGhostDined on 2/28/2014Lived in Denver for longer than I want to admit and am embarrassed to say that we have never eaten at Brook's. I am more upset to think I have missed out on numerous amazing dining experiences! The food was prepared to perfection, portions were on the mark, flavor was to die for and the experience: memorable. Thank you for making our night in your restaurant a wonderful experience. The flavor and cooked to recommendations of the Salmon and Filet were perfect. Thank you and we look forward to future dining experiences with Brook's!Special Features:
- Wonderful food but service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2014I had not been to Brooks in years and decided to go back for restaurant week. I do realize things get a bit hectic during this time so do cut the service some slack but I was disappointed in the quality of the service at Brooks. First off we were not given the 5280 menus had to ask for them, we ordered cocktails before dinner and planned on ordering wine with our meals but we were never given a wine menu either. One of the folks at the table ordered the salad without blue cheese and she got a salad with blue cheese the when the steaks arrived my husband's and another person at our tables steaks were switched. Everything felt very rushed with salads whisked away before we were done and dessert brought our before coffee.Special Features:
- Love Brooke'sDanielDined on 2/28/2014Always a favorite with a beautiful building inside and out, great service and delicious food! We had the filet-my only complaint, I tend to like my filet simple with no sauce. They had a mushroom bourelais sauce which was good, but the filet was delicious without. Snap peas and garlic smashed potatoes were perfect compliments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as prior yearsMarkDined on 2/28/2014This is our 5th year going to Brooks for Restaurant Week. This year the price increased and the food wasn't as good as prior years. Bring back the Filet Medallions!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestOakleyDined on 2/28/2014Crab cake appetizer was excellent. Steak was very good. Everything else about the meal was average. We dined during 5280 restaurant week and the staff seemed to be going through the motions.
- Denver Restaurant WeeklmaltimierDined on 2/28/2014The food and service was outstanding. The only thing we didn't like was our table location. We were placed in a corner on the lower level. My husbands view was great but my view was of the paneled wood work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save room for dessertSheriDined on 2/28/2014If you have a sweet tooth or consider yourself a chocolate connoisseur you simply MUST have the chocolate pudding. It is amazingly delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last time at BrooksSteakloverDined on 2/27/2014Although we made a 7:00pm reservation, we were still waiting at 7:25 for a table. People who arrived after us were seated before us. We spoke to the manager, whose only response was he was the only manager on that night. We left without eating there; it was a tremendously disappointing experience, and we will not be returning.
- 5280 Disaster DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/26/2014One of Denver"s best steak houses- great filet, incredible wine choices and poor poor service. My server (waitress) ran us thru in 47 minutes. From the moment she found out we were ordering from the 5280 menu she began to rush our meal. We were served our filets faster than if we were at Applebee's. The same server took my husband's Grey Goose away and it was still 1/3 full and never gave us the opportunity to order wine, I was able to order a Cabernet at the bar while we were waiting for our table. I Angry waitresses should take up their 5280 week involvement with mgmt not take it out on their customers. I will go back because their bone -in filet is superb . The mgmt here is top-notch and cares, the situation has been addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.