Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel
5000 W. 127th St.
Alsip, IL 60803Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chicagoalsip.doubletree.com/
- Phone: 708-272-4223
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ed Trinkaus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Allgauer's Restaurant is located inside the Doubletree Hotel Chicago-Alsip which can accommodate groups from 15 to 450.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Sujka 708-272-4210
A word from Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel
It's casual, it’s sophisticated, it’s delicious, it's the place to be. Allgauer's Restaurant has taken on a whole new personality upon the completion of its million dollar renovation. The one thing that has remained the same is the tradition of quality and impeccable service that has earned the restaurant's famous reputation. The sizzle isn't all that is on the grill at Allgauer's! The dining experience is elevated to a new level with an atmosphere that is casual, sophisticated, and contemporary. The artwork is the signature work of commissioned artist Daniel Ramón. Even the table tops are works of art! Eight of the tables feature Ramon's artwork under glass. Sultry shades of orange, red and yellow adorn the walls and fabrics. Warm cherry woods, rich coffee colored button-tufted leather banquettes, unique architectural inspired lighting and contemporary touches all help create the exquisite experience. Allgauer's is the perfect place for a casual breakfast, lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel - Best Restaurants in Alsip ›
Allgauer's Restaurant - Doubletree Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- I have been to the DoubleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012I have been to the Double Tree for Easter Brunch in years past and was looking forward to it. I was greatly disappointed in the food, service, and the fact that their were tables set up along the walls in the hallways. I will never go back. The servers were pleasant enough and polite but took a long time to bring drinks, brought the wrong drink, and were not very available. The place was a mad house. The food was so so and typical.Special Features:
- We were at Allgauer's fornancydrewVIPDined on 4/8/2012We were at Allgauer's for their Easter brunch and enjoyed it very much. A great selection of food, everything was tasty and a wonderful dessert table.Special Features:
- My first trip to Allguaer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012My first trip to Allguaer's Restaurant was a decent one. The restaurant is very nicely decorated and it was moderately quiet. We were seated immediately. Our server was a nice older female who was conversational with us. We placed an order for crab cakes while we waited for our meal and the server completely forgot to place the order. Our food was brought in a timely manner, however, the side item I requested was not on the plate. It was replaced with something else. The food was good. The butter was extremely difficult to spread on the bread. Overall, we had a good time dining and we excused the few mishaps the server made. We will likely return in the future.
- Steak was overcooked, evenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2012Steak was overcooked, even though we ordered medium. Chicken breast breading was so soggy and flavorless.
- Husbands salmon was very blandOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2012Husbands salmon was very bland and somewhat dry. Very pricey. Service was sort of slow. Iced tea was nasty---they need to change brands or something. We get tea all the time and have never tasted it to be so terrible. Nice atmosphere. Seems mostly traveling business people eating at the time we were there.
- Good food, good service andTomandTomDined on 1/22/2012Good food, good service and reasonably priced. Always enjoy their Sunday Brunch. Plenty of selection and tasty.Special Features:
- Saturday nigth at Allgauer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/7/2012We had a table for two on Saturday night. We arrived a bit early and were accomodated without any problems. The food was very good and the service was very good as well. This is a great neighborhood restaurasnt for a decent casual meal. We will definitely be returning in the near future.Special Features:
- Came here for a New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2012Came here for a New Year's Day brunch, and was surprised at the small number of people dining here. Notwithstanding this, the hostess stood not four feet from us as we entered and had to be prompted to greet/seat us. What was distracting her is not known, but it certainly was not a customer. WE found our wait person to be friendly and engaging, and largely invisible for most of the morning. Had to ask for water two-thirds through the meal, and was informed early on that the chilled champagne had "run out", but that more was being put on ice. The buffet selections were varied and imaginative, so the food is recommended. An additional waitperson or two on brunch mornings might make a difference going forward.
- A Christmas PresentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011Had the opportunity to indulge at Allgauer's Restaurant... The service was immpeccable inspite of it being the end of the day everyone was personable and went out of their way to ensure our satisfaction!! The food was exquisite the braised lamb rocked! Drinks were hearty And dessert (apple pie alamode) just tasty!! Thank You, Allgauer'sSpecial Features:
- Decent bruch need more ofBIGSSiderVIPDined on 12/25/2011Decent bruch need more of a selection. Good place for familySpecial Features:
- Only for those wishing 2 stay localOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/27/2011We dined here because I had been gifted a certificate for a free dinner for two, which also covered tax and gratuity. The online reviews boasted about superb food & service, and reading the online menu only solidified the urge to try it. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated almost immediately. Our server seemed rushed and we had to ask for clean water glasses, warm bread, and plates for the appetizers. We ordered the filet medium, however, they were grossly over cooked. The waiter also forgot our coupon and delivered us a check anyway. Even if the meal was free, I felt it to be an utter waste of time. Although Mike was friendly, the lack of attention to the small details made my wife and I agree to never return to this locatioSpecial Features:
- Thanksgiving buffet was wellOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011Thanksgiving buffet was well received by our total group. Everyone enjoyed the food. Servicer was attentive and made the meal even more enjoyable.Special Features:
- It was supposed to be a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2011It was supposed to be a special Thanksgiving meal. We expected it to be comparable to Allgauer's in Lisle. Instead, it was a very limited buffet in an unadorned hotel conference room. There was no ambience at all. While tasty, there was little variety in the food and its presentation was sloppy and unappetizing (gooey gravy ladle left on soiled napkin, for instance). Desserts were lackluster, and, with no attendant assisting or tending, each patron chopped out any size or shape he wanted for his portion, leaving a mess for the next person. It was not a place we wanted to linger in. We felt let down and glum when we left, just the opposite of what we expected. It seemed like a fraud It wasn't the same Allgauer's.
- We went for my husbands birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2011We went for my husbands birthday and our anniversary. Our server was awful. She almost seemed annoyed with us. We had to ask our busboy for more drinks and for condiments. We never saw her between the time we ordered our food and until the food came which was a long wait and we all wanted more drinks. 2 of us ordered the Filet the outside was dry as a bone. We will not be back and we've already told most of our friends not to go.
- The service was friendly tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011The service was friendly tables not cleared frequently 45 and up crowd nice tucked away location.Special Features:
- Outstanding WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2011Was a nice restaurant. Small very busy a little crowded at the buffet area but food was very good, and nice variety. Waitress was very friendly made you feel very welcome.Special Features:
- We come here every year forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2011We come here every year for our birthdays,because they give you a FREE dinner!! My husband & I both had the filet mignon and it was fabulous!! He ordered a Caesar salad, which was a bit of a rip off to me... $4.00 extra and it was drowning in dressing!! Our server, Mike was very accomodating. He brought us more bread, butter, etc. We shared a brownie dessert...Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2011Just wanted a last meeting for my daughter's wedding guests and was pleasantly surprised by a wonderful brunch at a beautiful restaurant that was an excellent value for the money.Special Features:
- Food and service were outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2011Food and service were outstanding. The only thing that I didn't like was the blue cheese salad dressing....didn't live up to the rest of the meal. We live in the area and sorry to say haven't been there in YEARS but certainly will return.Special Features:
- Good Food! I had my weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2011Good Food! I had my wedding reception at the hotel attached to the resurant 2 yrs ago. The resturant provides the food and drinks for the reception, we were very happy with the food at our wedding. We've gone to the resturant for dinner a few time since then. I also hosted my friend's bachlorette party dinner there a few months ago. Food is always good, but can be pricey. It seems for dinner at least, a more adult atmosphere.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed my meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011I really enjoyed my meal. The staff was very friendly and helpful because I was dining with an infant at the time. Food was good.Special Features:
- We went last year for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2011We went last year for Mother's Day and decided to make it a tradition. My mom loved the place and they were so friendly and attentive. The food was really good and the lines were not bad at all. I would recommend this place for sure. We will be back again next year. If I lived closer, I would go more often. :)Special Features:
- Allgauer's is now on my listOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2011Allgauer's is now on my list of places to dine. My family will be dining there again and will be bring friends.Special Features:
- Good for a special occasion brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011It was a great brunch selection. The only down side was that even though we made a reservation for 3, we were give a very small and limited table for two and added a chair to it. I had called and asked if a 4th person could join us but after I got in I was glad it didn't happen. It was hard to enjoy the magnificent food with such a small table to put it in.... Otherwise, great for a brunch celebration, my guest was very happy with the food and it was a great value...Special Features:
- Bad SeatsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2011We went there for Mother's Day after making a reservation online. They did not have us down on their list, but they quickly seated us anyway. The bad part was that we were given a seat in the hallway that was facing the wall. The table was rectangle so we were about a foot away from the wall! I asked for another table and they took us into the grand ballroom and sat us at the same table exactly opposite the one in the hall. Again we were facing the wall! I just think that for 3 people to eat and pay $125.00 that the restaurant could have planned out their seating arragement a little better. The food wasn't bad, but I definately won't be rushing back.
- All of my prior complaintsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/8/2011All of my prior complaints were corrected. I had a great experience and will continue to return. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- It was perfect for the EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2011It was perfect for the Easter brunch. Also good for large groups. Reasonably priced and the food was tasty. Nice variety of selections to choose from. The staff was also friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- What a wonderful choice weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2011What a wonderful choice we made for Easter Brunch!! After checking on line and looking at various restaurants, Allgauer's by far had the best menu and only 10 minutes from where we lived to boot. Great food and wonderful service. I also appreciated the fact that they let you enjoy your brunch with leisure and you never felt as if they were trying to move you along for the next customer.Special Features:
- The Brunch was set in a ballroomOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/24/2011The Brunch was set in a ballroom the food was Outstanding! The Management team and security was Outstanding! Servers could have been better, There was a service tip added to my bill that I was not aware of at about 15%. Only myself and another person showed up. This was not a big problem but the service to "my" table could have been nicer for the 15% I had to asked for everything! However, my "Next Door" table did not! Choices were given to them such as coffee, coke or tea.... Mine was would you like something to drink?Special Features:
- Since the food was directlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2011Since the food was directly under the air vents, the food was cold. Also, there was no attention paid to the dessert area so a lot of deserts were either gone or just a crumbled mess.
- We have lived about a mileOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011We have lived about a mile from the Doubletree Hotel for many years and were never aware that Allgauers Restaurant was even there. We were pleasantly suprised after our first visit and consider it to be one of the nicest restaraunts we have been to. The food and the service were both top notch. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- It was an adequate brunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/9/2011It was an adequate brunch, but not great. Sufficient, but nothing exciting. Your standard hotel breakfast buffet with a little extra fruit and an omelette bar. Many options, but most were not excellent.
- I have been to Allgauer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010I have been to Allgauer's quite a few times, in fact my husband,friends and myself included have picked Allgauer's for our birthday celebrations. In fact our waitress this time was Kathy and we've had her before and she is the best. KUDOS TO KATHY. And dont even get me started with the food. It was great, I had the New York Stip and it was the best Ive ever had or probably ever will again.Special Features:
- There was not a menu for theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010There was not a menu for the special that night, even the hostess did not know why. Therefore it was hard to know what you were supposed to be recieving. We had to ask several times for things we thought were on the special. My chicken was not cooked fully and the chef came to the table and TOLD me it was. Another person at the table said the fish was not cooked fully but did not want to tell the waitress. The different courses were brought to the table so quickly you did not have time to finish what was in front of you. Soup lacked flavor
- I have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/30/2010I have been to this restaurant on several occasions and this was the only time that I was very disappointed. We decided to bring our office employees since it has always been good. On this day they had a buffet which most everyone chose. I'm not sure if it was at the end or what but the pork was dried out and the fried chicken was not crisp. It surely was lacking and was an embarassment for us as this was a holiday luncheon that we thought would be good.Special Features:
- Excellent Christmas Day Buffet.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/25/2010Excellent Christmas Day Buffet. We plan on returning next year and many more after that.Special Features:
- Sine this was a ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2010Sine this was a Christmas Day brunch, I thought there would be more decorations, Christmas music, more of the Christmas feel to it. The food was good but it was basically tables set up in a conference room. They had wires taped to the floor that my chair kept getting stuck on. Would not go back.
- This, the third year, celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/10/2010This, the third year, celebrating our men's group, Christmas dinner at, Algauer's, was another spectacular evening. Cathy and Juan, particularly, with the other staff, were attentive and true tableside professionals. Open Table will service us again in 2011. Thanks, Open Table, and wishing you all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!Special Features:
- This is the second time I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/4/2010This is the second time I've eaten at the resturant. I did have my wedding at the hotel, and the resutrant caters the food-so I knew it would be yummy food. This time I hosted my friend's bachorette party dinner there. We had a good time: food was great-almost to much of it, we all left with left-overs,service was good, etc. The dinner menu is pricey- so it's defiently a special occasion type place; not very kid friendly either. (My only con- the waiter didn't mention and I don't remember it listed on the menue that refills on soda was not free.)Special Features:
- My husband and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2010My husband and I went for Thanksgiving Brunch. It was our first time there and we really enjoyed everything...from food to service to ambiance. We especially loved the dessert table!Special Features: