Three Degrees - Los Gatos
140 South Santa Cruz Avenue
Los Gatos, CA 95030Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Three Degrees - Los Gatos
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tollhousehotel.com/
- Phone: 4088841054x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday: Breakfast 6:30am – 11:00am, Dinner 5:00pm to 10:00pm, Sunday: Breakfast 6:30am – 11:00am, Dinner 3:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Macotto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Rooms Can accommodate up to 85 guests for your next Business Meeting or Special Occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Barbosa (408)884-1044x
- Entertainment: "$4-$6-$7" Social Hour offered daily 3:30pm-6:30pm. Live music on Thursday nights 6:30pm-9:30pm.
A word from Three Degrees - Los Gatos
Three Degrees, located in the beautiful town of Los Gatos, is a casual yet elegant contemporary restaurant, specializing in the best local California cuisine. Chef Albert Nguyen-Phuoc incorporates the finest in fresh ingredients into the majority of his dishes. The extensive wine list is locally focused and features a number of selections from top wineries in the surrounding areas. Attentiveness and recognition is at the core of the restaurant's service standards as the pleasant staff is there to meet your every need. Enjoy our new menus in addition to our new "$5-$6-$7" Social Hour offered daily 3pm-7pm. The outdoor heated patio is available year round to enjoy anything from a glass of wine to a full course meal. For special occasions we have a beautiful Private Dining Room that seats up to 40 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Three Degrees - Los Gatos reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (5)good for groups (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- I made a reservation hereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2008I made a reservation here to celebrate my sister's birthday. I chose this place over Crimson as it got slightly better, more consistently good reviews. We had lunch on a Saturday and were the only ones in the restaurant. Perhaps they weren't expecting many people that day because our waiter barely spoke English. Not only was the service terrible - it took us 45 minutes to get our food and no one else was in the restaurant - but the food was REALLY a huge disappointment. We ordered the vegetarian grilled sandwich with a portobella mushroom and the mushroom was charred beyond recognition. What a huge disappointment this place was. I will never go back and am sorry I chose it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- The chef seems to change oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/10/2008The chef seems to change often but the food always remains good. The presentation is lovely and the service attentive. We especially enjoy it for the quiet atmosphere when we want to visit with friends. We live in Los Gatos so we can enjoy it for special occasions or just when we get in late and don't want to cook.Special Features:
- Brunch buffet with unlimitedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/10/2008Brunch buffet with unlimited "champagne" a must. Small intimate dining room with nearby outdoor patio deserves a visit on sundy morningSpecial Features:
- Wonderful brunch. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2008Wonderful brunch. Service rather slow but responsive. Requested more breads and hot croissants were produced - delicious.Special Features:
- I made a special request toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/9/2008I made a special request to be in and out for lunch within approximately 30 minutes and they lived up to my request beyond my expectations! This is a business oriented restaurant and there is ample parking!Special Features:
- Quiet comfortable place withlikehistoryDined on 7/5/2008Quiet comfortable place with excellent service and well-prepared gourmet food. Moderately expensive entrees with less expensive starters; in line with top restaurants in the area. Good selections on dinner menu; excellent wine list. Recommended.Special Features:
- Not up to par. I was thereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2008Not up to par. I was there for brunch about six weeks ago as well as several times last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. At this visit, buffet platters were not replenished and this was at 11:00, unripe fruit, limited selection of hot dishes, wimpy salads, almost no rolls, croissants, etc., dessert table did not entice me to revisit after initial passby. Our server, no. 14 was fine as always, but it was slow and really under-waitstaffed so I am not blaming him. Big sloppy kid as host. We've enjoyed Toll House for a number of years (discounting the reopened Three Degrees with their "small plates" so disappointing we stopped going). Will give it one more try for brunch and if it hasn't recovered, we'll wait for new management- again.Special Features:
- The crab cakes were deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/27/2008The crab cakes were delicious and the entree i had- the pan roasted chicken was wonderful- i ate every bite. Thanks Chef! The ambiance left something to be desired-mostly in the restaurant music area. They were playing pop music. A better choice would be jazz or easy listening.
- The food was good, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2008The food was good, and the service was, too. However, the portions were very small, and we had to ask for another serving of bread just to feel satisfied. It woulldn't be a place to eat for hungry men!
- The four of us had a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2008The four of us had a very enjoyable dinner at Three Degrees. It was comfortable, not too loud or crowded and the food was really good! Apparently the busboy was MIA, and our waitress Heather, who was terrific, was not used to the additional juggle (a minor detail) but the evening and the food were delightful! We will be back. I also think it's an ideal place for larger parties (8 or more)because it's not so loud and seems to be more spacious. It will be really nice when the lobby is renovated!
- Service was very poor, hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/13/2008Service was very poor, had 2 shift changes during our meal. I was there with a client and the lunch went well over our allot time together which was pretty emabarassing. I expressed my disappointment with the manager and he gave a unsincere apology with no resolution and let a dissatified customer leave the resturaunt.
- great finding a very reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2008great finding a very reasonable brunch 10 minutes from home with VERY GOOD food. will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The food was well preparedmimipDined on 5/31/2008The food was well prepared and attractively plated. There was a very loud group at the bar and the noise level was intense. We went to 3 Degree's to celebrate our anniversary and were very disappointed that the only desserts they had to offer were Creme Brulee or Vanilla Gelato. Neither of those choices said celebration and we ended up going some where else for dessert.Special Features:
- Great Appetizers and Entrees.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2008Great Appetizers and Entrees. Nice atmosphere...very quiet. Waitstaff attentive and knowledgeable. One drawback.... dessert choices lacking. Had the mixed fruit over Grand Marnier.... disappointing. Also, no chocolate choices.... for shame! Not a huge deal... next time we'll venture out downtown for dessert.... Overall, a nice evening!Special Features:
- i never respond to these andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/26/2008i never respond to these and as you can tell i have used open table a lot in many different cities around the US. One thing i always can count on is if it is an open table restaurant most of the time it will be very good. I must say that our experience at Three Degrees was not good. The food was not hot, one in our party had the scallops and they were full of sand. The service was fine and the location was fine, but the food needs improvment. I dont think I will return.
- While it is quite nice toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/18/2008While it is quite nice to see a restaurant that offers Sunday Brunch every week, Three Degrees could stand some refinement. 1) Food was generally fine, however, the carving station had a very overdone Tri-Tip roast and the Ham was of the pressed/processed type and was not fresh. 2) Staff was friendly.... we did hear a shouting match break out in the kitchen however. 3) The warming bins were replenished only occasionally and my very favorite item (usually) Eggs Benedict, were hard and not fresh. My recommendation: Replenish the Carving Station and Warming Bins frequently at smaller proportions based on the anticipated occupancy. Fresher is always better (goes without saying) Still a generally nice time had by allSpecial Features:
- Ladies are coming back inishopDined on 5/17/2008Ladies are coming back in November as we had a nice, quiet lunch being able to talk and listen to one another. Yippee!Special Features:
- What a nice experience onishopDined on 5/17/2008What a nice experience on Saturday for lunch. Four friends enjoyed their meals and we could visit and hear one another! Service was great. We will be back!Special Features:
- We're amazed they stay openOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2008We're amazed they stay open because there are usually only a few other diners, but the food is superb, and the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- This was our first visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/29/2008This was our first visit. We arrived for breakfast at 9:15 on a Monday morning. The restaurant was empty. The hostess was busy vacuuming. We almost turned around and left. When the hostess noticed us she seated us very promptly. She continued vacumming for a about 5 minutes once we were seated. She even came up and vacumed around our table. She apologized for the inconvience. I could see that the carpet needed vacuming. Maybe the carpet was not vacumed after brunch on Sunday? Anyhow, the food was very good. We both ordered the eggs benedict. The waitress and coffee /bus boy were attentive. I have mixed feelings about returning. If the carpet was clean and not being vacumed, I would rate the ambience as good-very good.Special Features:
- I took my wife there for herOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/29/2008I took my wife there for her birthday and she loved it!!! She is a great cook herself and is not easily impressed. But she was really impressed with the food, the wine and the service!! Thank you open table and thank you Three Degrees!!! Ron LarkinSpecial Features:
- The bar is too close to theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2008The bar is too close to the dining area. Unfortunately their was a small, but rather loud, Class Reunion going on in the bar which made it difficult at best to converse across the table. The food was OK, but not great. The wine glasses were only half full.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful, butOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/19/2008The food was wonderful, but the place was so loud that it was unpleasant overall. There was one group there in the bar (which is not separated very well from the restaurant) who were obviously inebriated and swearing up a storm. Perhaps another evening we'd have had a better experience, but I would not go back unless I was with a large group and wanted a completely different experience than we were after for a date.Special Features:
- We were seated against theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/19/2008We were seated against the windows/doors to the courtyard area and it was still very loud between the rest of the restaurant and the bar noise levels - maybe nothing to absorb the sound - bouncing off walls. Loved the cheese trio appet, steaks good, but salads disappointing, and dessert options should have a menu or displayed on a tray - we had dessert elsewhere.Special Features:
- Was a real "brunch" but selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/13/2008Was a real "brunch" but selection was small. No waffles!Special Features:
- We enjoyed everything we ordered.LionCatSquirrelDined on 4/12/2008We enjoyed everything we ordered. The food was excellent. We enjoyed the three goat cheeses with rosemary honey and candied walnuts, the pear salad with gorgonzola croqettes with greens and candied pistashios, filet mignon with crispy onions on garlic mashed potatoes and artichoke hearts, and the braised short rib osso bucco that just melted in your mouth, with the clever bone potato and tempura dipped broccoli. We also ordered a marvelous Justin Cabernet that went well with everything. The service was very attentive. The chairs could have been a bit more comfortable and we chose a table near a window, but that meant the noise from the bar carried over. It was a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Everything about our dinnerHowardDined on 4/12/2008Everything about our dinner was very good or excellent except the front of the house staff. The hostess had no clue...needs refinement for a restaurant of this quality.Special Features:
- Not too good food and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/9/2008Not too good food and very indifferent service. On Friday it is a hangout for the over 50 singles at the bar - stay away unless you are one.
- I think we were the only onesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/31/2008I think we were the only ones having lunch in there! Great for a very private conversation. I had the ahi tuna salad. Fish was not as fresh as I would have like, which is kind of the point. We started seated outside, but were dripped on from a cleaning woman upstairs watering plants or cleaning the balcony??
- It was ok, nothing wrongNotAFoodieDined on 3/28/2008It was ok, nothing wrong except quite noisy, but nothing memorable, either.Special Features: