884 Portola Road A-1
Portola Valley, CA 94028Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://parksidegrille.com/
- Phone: 650-529-9007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Yanni Sarakosta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Offering private dinners.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two Private Rooms which can accommodate up to 55 people.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Petkopoulos 650-529-9007
- Entertainment: Seasonal Live Music.
A word from Parkside Grille
Rustic Elegance In Beautiful Portola Valley. Nestled Among Towering Redwoods.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parkside Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)great for outdoor dining (77)special occasion (47)romantic (40)fit for foodies (39)great for lunch (37)scenic view (30)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (23)kid-friendly (17)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (10)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)Show More
- a lovely evening with good friendsCatCh2VIPDined on 11/8/2013We had visited the Parkside Grille the week before and enjoyed it enough to return. We invited friends to "our favorite new restaurant" and had a lovely dinner a second time.Special Features:
- A great place to dine forKTLUNCHERDined on 11/5/2013A great place to dine for lunch...Friendly efficient service, great food, pleasant atmosphere with option of outdoor dining when the weather allows.Special Features:
- Good diningHankDined on 11/2/2013Excellent spot in beautiful area. Good food. Very nice receptionist and waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2013We've eaten here many times. The quality of the food and service is good and reliable. Outdoor dining is very nice in appropriate weather, although yellow jackets can be a problem in the peak summer months. In busy hours, the noise level is moderately intrusive, but there are quiet areas in the restaurant, so specify your desire in that regard when making reservations. It's located in a small strip mall but is set in the redwoods and provides as nice ambience. The spinach salad with scallops is a favorite, as well as the salmon, and their California burger. The kitchen is responsive to special requests such as no salt in preparation of food, if your preferences or restrictions so dictate. Nice restaurant to have in the local community.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Dinner /Evenings EverMabry3Dined on 10/26/2013The Parkside is by far one of our favorite places to eat ever. Everything on their menu is wonderful. The quality of the food and the service is the best. Bill the owner is so gracious and his staff is the same. We dine here at least three to four times a month. It is always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LocationMeridienVIPDined on 10/24/2013Decent food, great atmosphere and the setting gives the feeling of being miles from the urban city area and provides the peacefulness of nature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seasonal foodSprocketteVIPDined on 10/23/2013I work for a VC on Sand Hill Rd. - this place is a local favorite since it's so easy to get to and never insanely crowded. The food is simply fabulous - seasonal, fresh, inventive menu items. I just had the roasted beet, goat cheese, and baby greens with walnuts and citrus vinaigrette with fresh crab meat on top. It was fabulous! They kindly let us all share a glass of wine (we were celebrating a coworker's birthday) between two of us. Great French Provencal-style rose for just $10 a glass, too. Wonderful desserts and their Peruvian coffee is so rich and delicious - it's a must for after your meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy foodkimmiekaeVIPDined on 10/20/2013great little "out in woods" quiet location. All 4 of us enjoyed our meals! Would recommend it to others and would go again! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best FilethalfdomeVIPDined on 10/18/2013Best steak filet I've had in a very long time. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exc svc, beautiful surroundingscasarosVIPDined on 10/17/2013I've eaten at Parkside Grille many times. It's excellent for lunch as well as dinner, and the setting in a small Portola Valley shopping center is only 5 minutes from the Sand Hill Rd exit of 280, yet seems very rural, peaceful and relaxing. In nice weather you can dine in their outdoor patio and even sometimes see deer in the meadow across Portola Road. The food is fresh, innovative and consistently good. They serve a small but strong list of wines, mainly from California. The wait staff is super-friendly, helpful with recommendations, and always accommodating. My only hesitation in recommending you to eat here is that I enjoy it as a little "getaway" that I don't want to become too crowded!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Portola Valley institutionSeppoTheTenzoDined on 10/17/2013This restaurant has been around in one form or another for decades. In its current version, it serves creative California cuisine in a peaceful setting. Excellent selection of great food. For outdoor seating, the cars on Portola Valley Road can be distracting at times, but otherwise it is quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointmentiatrosDined on 10/16/2013Although the food was good and service adequate, we had requested a special table because we were celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary - I telephoned them and told them this. We were not given one and there was nothing special about the whole evening. We were not asked if we wanted coffee at the end of the meal, and on leaving no-one said "goodbye" and "thank you". We are not likely to go there again for a special event.Special Features:
- Fantastic special salad; broughtWoodsideGrinchVIPDined on 10/15/2013Fantastic special salad; brought California to life on my plate! Extremely creative.Special Features:
- Great, great, greatjohnVIPDined on 10/15/2013The atmosphere was wonderful and food outstanding. Will definitely go again soon...jackie and johnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parkside Grille is always goodSBeelaDined on 10/14/2013The service is charming, attentive but not intrusive. The food is always excellent. The spinach salad with scallops was perfection. Try the pineapple upside-down cake for dessert. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning ExperiencesteveDined on 10/10/2013Made reservation for five on open table - went to the restaurant ---they didn't have the reservation - luckily they had a table for us. Never feels good to make reservations which included out of town guest coming straight from the airport and then find out that the place doesn't have you reservation.Special Features:
- As usual-greatSomethingoodDined on 10/4/2013This has become standby for us. Great food always, quiet, nestled among the redwoods, pleasant service. What more could you ask? We always request lunch on the patio if the weather is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, shaky servicepvpartyDined on 9/26/2013food improves every time, now excellent. Friendly professional atmosphere, but older male waiter never very good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food, Great Atmospherepgtraveler28Dined on 9/20/2013We had my mom's surprise birthday party here and they gave us a lovely long table in a room set off from the main restaurant but with a few other diners. They served a cake we brought and had let us drop off flowers ahead of time as well. The waiter was efficient but not trying to rush us. Every single one of us loved our food. From dungeness crab rigatoni to short ribs and hanger steak. It made for a perfect venue for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Far Away Place close to HomeTherineDined on 9/19/2013Having lunch under the redwoods in Portola Valley felt like an afternoon in a distant land! Wonderful service and wonderful salads! A neat get away only 20 minutes from home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food in the redwoodsDanManVIPDined on 9/15/2013quiet, "neighborhood" restaurant with excellent food and drink, active bar/sports but does not interfere with restaurant; also has back room for large groups - we enjoy eating near the redwoods, deer and horses passing bySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level was too high forOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2013Noise level was too high for conversation. There is a difference between al dente pasta and dried out under a lamp. Wasn't always like this and it was a week day night. Popularity has its pit falls.
- Reliable neighborhood gemCyberdinerDined on 9/7/2013Good food & a great casual atmosphere. Some great, but variable, appetizers and entrees & consistently reliable desserts. Outdoor dining on a warm night is outstanding.Special Features:
- Charming but a very noisy placeelaineKOAVIPDined on 8/31/2013Charming restaurant, very good food but the open kitchen is extremely noisy. We were startled several times with what sounded like glass bottles being thrown into containers and rattling of pans and waiters talking loudly to kitchen staff. It made it difficult to talk among the 4 of us. The waiter was not attentive, we had to ask for flatware and waited with our entrees already served. Improve these things and this would be a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parkside Grille with Stan Erhart!AaltoDined on 8/24/2013The restaurant is situated in the quiet beautiful Portola, surrounded by stars and big redwood trees. The outdoor patio was filled with beautiful guitar music and songs by Carlos. ----The service was not up to the expectance of the place (one server almost spoiled the almost perfect evening at the Parkside Grille). --- After dinner, we entered the restaurant back room filled with live music by Stan Erhart Band, and danced the night away until closing! We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2013This was our first experience at Parkside and we were absolutely delighted. The four of us had cioppinos, wild salmon and sole and all were perfectly prepared. For wine the waiter recommended a Viognier that matched the seafood very nicely. Our server was Jose who provided us with both good advice and warm service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & patioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2013Had a late evening dinner there mid-week last week. Service was very good, especially for a crowded patio. Outside seating is recommended. Lots of redwoods and other trees surround the place, and the road next door is pretty quiet. Hanger Steak was flavorful, and most sides were tasty. Only downside was a very slight bit of moldy taste to the cheddar in the Mac and Cheese special. I was the only one who could taste it, apparently. Reported to the kitchen, but no action was taken (which I'd told them was OK, in the event that my tastes were thrown by the red wine or other influences.) All in all a delightful place for a nice casual or low-key special evening in a classy neighborhood. It's a perennial favorit and remains so to this day.Special Features:
- Favorite menu items...ChatDined on 8/17/2013Have to get the chicken chili relleno, absolutely the best thing on the menu! Also, the crab quesadillas were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2013Always wonderful food and lovely setting. Veteran wait staff are gems.Special Features:
- Good food and great settinghalfdomeVIPDined on 8/11/2013Good food and great setting in Portola Valley. A pleasant change from the rush of Palo Alto or the City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Get-AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2013This place is great. You feel like you've gone far away into the woods and yet it's so close. The Redwood trees are fantastic. I absolutely love the paintings and the whole décor. The food and service has been very good as well. Think of this place as a retreat and definitely give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining under the redwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/10/2013The food is very good. Try the goat cheese starter; it's excellent. Request an outside table for a unique atmosphere.Special Features:
- Order the daily specialsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2013Often very good, but often not. The Tuna special was excellent, as have been other daily offerings - especially the calamari steak. But regular menu orders can disappoint. Stick with the specials.Special Features:
- Lovely PlacevizslamadnessDined on 8/4/2013This is such a great place to come and eat and drink. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, friendly, and great foodCindyVIPDined on 8/2/2013Love this Portola Valley gem of a restaurant. We go as a family whenever we visit. The menu is varied and is kid friendly. The specials are always awesome and they have a great wine list. Look forward to our return. Also want to mention the wonderful staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance and good foodSomethingoodDined on 7/30/2013Parkside Grille has become one of our go-to places. Nothing better than sitting under massive redwoods eating good food. Red clam chowder is always great. Their fig pizetta was amazing, and entrees always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestEricDined on 7/26/2013Whew, talk about overrated. It's not like this place is bad per se, but I don't know why anyone would eat here given all the other good restaurants in the Bay Area. Maybe if you live in Portola Valley, but otherwise it's definitely not worth going. My wife made a reservation for us to go here with her parents visiting from outside the country. They really enjoy good food, and it was actually slightly embarrassing given how average the food was here. Again, it's not like the food is awful or anything. But our standard for a good restaurant is that it should be better or more difficult than what we can cook at home. Food like roasted salmon, a hamburger, etc. don't count unless it's amazing, which here, it's just not.
- Lively Atmosphere; Lackluster FoodfoodiesVIPDined on 7/26/2013We've visited Parkside Grille half a dozen times now, and I don't think we'll be returning anytime soon. Though we enjoy the lively atmosphere, the food is at best average and often disappoints. At the same time, service is very uneven with bussers sometimes trying to clear plates with food still on them and wait staff that disappear for extended periods to converse with friends at the bar. I think the one thing this restaurant has going for it is location. Were there a suitable alternative located nearby, it would be out of business in a flash.
- Enjoyable dinnerZOZODined on 7/21/2013This is a neighborhood delight for us. The menu is varied, appetizers particularly delicious, good wine list, attentive waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very nice early evening dinnerluv2eatoutDined on 7/18/2013Great appetizers, friendly service, outdoor seating by the Redwood Trees is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.