111 Harvard St.
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliastrattoria.com/
- Phone: 6178687600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Sarturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Delio Susi, Jr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering service customized to your event. Please contact Rebecca at email@example.com with any questions.
- Private Party Facilities: At Amelia’s our staff will help you make the most of your special event. We work with you personally to attend to every detail of your dining experience, from customizing your menu to choosing floral arrangements for decorations. We can comfortably accommodate 40 people for dinner or 50 people for a stand up cocktail reception. Whether it is a graduation, baby shower, corporate event or anniversary, our dining room is intimate, cozy and flexible for any type of occasion. For more information or to speak to the chef about a customized menu please call the restaurant.
A word from Amelia's Trattoria
Delio Susi, in anticipation of his restaurant’s tenth anniversary, refined both his restaurant’s menu as well as its interior design, to great success. Losing none of his Abruzzi roots, the food is clean but clearly Italian, and a little rustic. The warm and inviting room makes the same statement. Drawing on his architectural background, Susi plays with simple organic materials, like square slate tiles and tabletops, and brown leather tufted banquettes. The use of brick plus copper fixtures contribute to the Italian country/casual feel that serves food and wine to match. Wooden floors and European style open windows for the summer add to this ambiance. And red lamps that hang in bright contrast with the earthy tones during the day, shed a sexy flattering nighttime glow. Amelia’s Trattoria offers a personal and authentic dining experience using top local ingredients infused with the heart of its Italian chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Amelia's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Amelia's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (73)fit for foodies (56)special occasion (28)romantic (27)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice little placeDiva22Dined on 5/23/2014Great staff, very attentive and friendly, very high quality foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great small trattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Great place for wine, simple, delicious food before a movie- They had an excellent Montepulciano for only $30 a bottle and great foccacia to start- felt like being back in RomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic Italian trattoriaMtnGuyDined on 5/16/2014Great service, wonderful Italian food, served in an intimate and vibrant setting by staff who are knowledgeable and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!lovesfoodDined on 5/15/2014Went to dinner with a party of 9. Service was great and the food was fabulous. Everyone loved it and it was a great start to a weekend of graduation celebrations!Special Features:
- Ameila's a winner yet againBesserFresserVIPDined on 5/8/2014Dinner was once again a happy occasion at Amelia's. Excellent selection of appetizers and entrees, good wine list, excellent bartender/waiter. Definitely worth the attention of anyone seeking really good food and ambience all at a a reasonable tariff. I'll surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food and wines!rains20Dined on 5/7/2014We had lobster ravioli, spaghetti, meat balls, arancini, short rib bolognese, mussels. Everything was really good. Also, the wine was great. We got Sangiovese di Romagna. Excellent wine. And desserts were great too. Tiramisu was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialSES42VIPDined on 5/3/2014Octopus as an appetizer special? Yes! Warm and friendly staff, excellent food, prompt service even with a restaurant full of diners on a Saturday night. It's more than a neighborhood gem - worth the trip from the suburbs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always shineslillibetVIPDined on 5/2/2014Amelia's is one of my favorites. I brought a group of friends with me this time and everyone was impressed, especially my guest with celiac disease--when she inquired whether the specials could be prepared gluten-free our server not only assured her that they were, but quickly ran through the menu to indicate other choices and offered that any of their pasta dishes could be served with polenta instead. Everything was delicious and the service is fantastic.Special Features:
- One of the very bestRwlicoriceDined on 4/26/2014We had never been to Amelia's, but were intrigued by the great reviews. It was a great experience. The food was consistent with the highest-rated restaurants. However, unlike other places which are stuffy and uncomfortable, the staff was welcoming and humorous, as they served us. There was no rush, even though we almost shut the place down. We all ordered specials so I cannot comment on the regular menu. My advice though would be to try the specials. The timing of our orders was just right - not too slow, and not rushed either. We lingered for a long time after the fine meal. Their cocktails were different and tasty. I highly recommend this restuarant for special occasions or anytime.Special Features:
- Kind service; v. good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2014We made a last-minute reservation on Friday night. When we arrived for our reservation there was still quite a wait because 2 tables had paid but had no signs of leaving. Bar tender + waiters came to us often, offered us drinks + eventually got us a seat at the bar, where we ended up eating. The atmosphere was wonderful + although we shouldn't have had to wait so long past our reservation, the waiters made it a pleasant experience. I had mussels (to die for!!) and a green salad with pickled onions that were fabulous. My husband had a trout with grilled vegetables (he's on a low-carb diet + they accommodated his needs easily). A great experience overall in spite of the extra long wait. Will go back again for sure.Special Features:
- Our New Favorite Restaurantluv2dineDined on 4/11/2014We absolutely loved our past two experiences at Amelia's. The food has been exceptional and there is always a long list of special. The staff were welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Definitely come here for a wonderful night out!Special Features:
- Lovely intimate restaurantCindyDined on 4/5/2014Amelia's Trattoria is a lovely intimate restaurant with delicious food and a warm atmosphere. I highly recommend it. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Italian foodbobotVIPDined on 4/5/2014The pasta was homemade and the dishes we had were tasty and delicious!
- I have been to Amelia's aJerryBDined on 3/24/2014I have been to Amelia's a number of times but this was the first time for my wife. Her experience was wonderful as she loved the food and wine; a great restaurant with food to match and friendly and efficient waiters. A real gem and we'll be back. Jerry BSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality delicious diningHollywoodDined on 3/20/2014This was a delicious enjoyable dinner with my mom. The service was perfect. We drink a lot of water and they were constantly on top of refilling our glasses when we needed them to. The food was all rich in flavor and perfectly portioned. We were very full by the end, but the portions weren't too big or too small. Very friendly wait staff and relaxing and enjoyable dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local spot worth a visitgwerlinichDined on 3/20/2014A friend and I enjoyed a very nice prix fixe meal at this out of the way local restaurant. It isn't the easiest place to find, and parking isn't readily available, but once you make it inside, the food is tasty and the prices are reasonable. The service was prompt and friendly. And I especially enjoyed the Smuttynose Brown Ale.Special Features:
- Always welcomingRozzDined on 3/19/2014I have been going to Amelia's for years now. It is always welcoming, whether for a couple or a group or anything in between; always good and sometimes great food; always a place I am glad I have visited again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014I made a reservation at Amelia's after hearing good reviews on tv. We had a reservation we had to wait 20 min. to get our table. I usually don't mind sitting at the bar to wait, their bar is extremely uncomfortable (no leg room so you have to sit sideways and it is very close to the tables so feel you are on top of people dining). The appetizers were good (meatballs and spinach salad). However, the entrees were very disappointing. I had tagliatelle bolognese and my husband had the veal - both were flavorless. We are not the type of people to add salt to our food but in this case we just had to. The service was alright (server had to come back to double check what we had ordered) the food is not great specially for the expensive prices
- Fab dinner with friendGBearVIPDined on 3/14/2014Came here yet again with a friend who had never been. He was very impressed and will bring his wife back. Had a fabulous dish with various seafood in red sauce over homemade spaghetti and caponata. He had homemade spaghetti with fresh clams in white sauce. We will keep going back, thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polenta Polenta...PolentaBoston4FoodieDined on 3/8/2014My old Boss and her Husband who used to practically live here before moving to Hawaii brought me here once and I have been back numerous times and have never left feeling less than food coma-ish. If I haven't dropped enough hints, their polenta is something Delio must have picked up in a cookbook fit for the Gods. Everything on their menu will send your taste buds into an exotic epiphany of seasoned extacy. As many times as I have been to Amelia's, I can not help myself to order anything but the short rib Bolognese, because quite honestly it's out of this world. My boyfriend got the special duck raviolis and couldn't stop ranting at how delicious the dish was. It clearly shows how much love goes into Amelias.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had no idea!h2h2Dined on 3/4/2014This off-the-beaten-path (of Mass Ave, Main, or Hampshire) place is a little gem. I've lived in Cambridge half my life and never knew where Amelia's was - or how good it is- even though we were told they've been there 15 years. It's small and intimate (39 seats), with a nice little bar. The one-page menu was full of mouth-watering choices (I highly recommend the braised short ribs over fusilli) and our server was knowledgeable, friendly, and just attentive enough. Metered parking across the street is free after 6. Absolutely no negatives. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to eat at Amelia'GraceVIPDined on 2/28/2014We love Amelia's and have been back several times, usually around 6 or 6:30 p.m., when we've always found it quiet and perfect for conversation. It's a lovely, intimate, restaurant with impeccable, friendly service and delicious reasonably priced Italian-inspired dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always, greatEdWollDined on 2/24/2014Excellent as always, great service, wonderful menu, terrrific presentation, easy to be heardSpecial Features:
- Romantic night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014We went on a snowy day and were seated by the window which did make it romantic and scenic. The place is small and quaint with excellent ambiance, a brick wall, contemporary decor and the right lighting making it a perfect romantic date. The waiter was very helpful in portion sizing (suggested 1 app instead of 2 if we want dessert) and wine selection. The eggplant compote appetizer is cold but tastes amazing. Their ravioli of the day was great too. We were not a fan of the papparedelle pasta but we are also more into the flavors of spices and savory items. That item just felt more bland even though they did a great job with the mushrooms and truffle butter, but that is due to our preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousM017Dined on 2/14/2014Tucked away north of Tech Square in Cambridge, this little restaurant is perfect for a romantic evening. The service is very good, the food is excellent, and they have a nice wine list. The biography of the chef / owner on the restaurant's website described his skill with gnocchi, and it is truly fantastic ! A highly recommended dish and a highly recommended restaurant ! I intend to return to try the lunch menu with their selection of panini. Definitely a place to check out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WelcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2014My husband and I enjoyed good food & felt right at home for a recent birthday dinner at this excellent neighborhood restaurant. The service was attentive but not rushed, and we felt savored every course.Special Features:
- Cambridge for GREAT ItalianOpus25VIPDined on 12/31/2013Always excellent for lunch or dinner. Space is limited but we have been with as many as eight people. Service has always been very good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy with the experienceMariangelaDined on 12/31/2013The margaritas were so delicious and fresh, some of the very best we've ever had. The polenta appetizer needed a little salt and once added, was wonderful. One of my friends ordered the olive app, which was rave-worthy. Two friends ordered the Faroe Islands salmon and the steak and both were so tasty. I ordered the veal saltimbocca, which was decent. Service was competent and nice. Unfortunately we did not have time for dessert as we were headed to our next destination for New Year's Eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food, casual setting.MaryDined on 12/30/2013Lovely trattoria like atmosphere - reasonable prices and good food. We tried the short rib bolognese and 2 of the specials of the day. One was ravioli filled with salt cod and ricotta in a garlicky cherry tomato sauce. Starting salad were also excellentllSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013We've eaten here a number of times, being convenient to Kendall Square Cinema for after-movie dining. This last time the waiters were very friendly and we ordered the special. Food and wine were fairly good. However, they switched the fish in the special without even telling us until we asked about it. Not cool, even though in general the waiters were quite friendly and helpful with wine. So that's why they ended up with three stars rather than four, and we decided to try other places in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Always great foodjdevlinDined on 12/19/2013Amelia's Trattoria is everything you could want in a small neighborhood Italian restaurant, except the neighborhood is MIT and Kenmore Square. On the corner of Portland Street and Harvard this tiny gem boasts a small bar with six seats and a dozen tables. It seems impossible that the tiny kitchen can produce magnificent handmade pastas, fresh sauces and a daily specials menu that hits very high spot from fish, to steak to Zappa de Pesci . From soup to dessert, salads to mains you will not be disappointed. You are never rushed and never left waiting. Service is warm and efficient. A small but excellent wine list provides good wines at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the parentsGBearVIPDined on 12/7/2013Yet again we had a great experience here. Fabulous wines, creative and delicious food, and great service. Caponatina was delish, as was the grilled octopus and lobster zeppole. Anchovies puttanesca was great, as was the chicken dish and duck ravioli. Dessert was also great - gelato from Christina's. We will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now that's Italian!DCWILLVIPDined on 11/30/2013Wonderful small restaurant. Perhaps 12 tables and always full and there are many reasons for that. Food, service, drinks and atmosphere are all excellent. Fresh bread and white bean dip to start is great. Not on the menu the night we went, but do ask for it. The pasta dishes were all fresh paste with very good sauce all well presented. My haddock was the best I have ever had and I've had it a lot. Try it. Drinks were prepared as ordered. Dry was dry and a scotch with one ice cube had one ice cube. Seems simple but often not. Good wine list and the server was knowable and helpful. everyone in the place was having a good time including the staff. We will be back when in Cambridge again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!a200839Dined on 11/25/2013Started out with some bread and white bean dip. I'm generally not a lover of white bean dip - but OMG, this was off the charts good!! Got a 2nd helping actually. Then, ordered the Fusilli Bolognese, and WOW, loved it! It was a rather quiet evening (Monday), but exactly what I wanted for a business meeting/discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great location, bad foodevilballerinaVIPDined on 11/16/2013We went to Amelia's after a movie at Kendall. The service, wine & salads were wonderful. But our entrees were disappointing. The gnocchi with butternut squash & sage overcooked and totally inedible-Our server comped that meal. The salmon was just ok-the brocoli raab was overdone and stringy. The pear tart was flavorless.
- Amelia's is a small restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2013Amelia's is a small restaurant with seating for 24-30. It is very tastefully designed and cozy. It is located within the heart of Cambridge. It has limited seating and thus not the best for dropping in or bringing a large party. It is best to make reservations and you will not be disappointed. Food and service was excellent. Great choice for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia's TrattoriashadowsmaDined on 11/16/2013Second time dining at this establishment and it did not disappoint. The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable. The service is impeccable and the food is a delight. The presentation and flavor of the food is outstanding. We cannot say enough good things about this charming trattoria. If you are looking for fine dining in a casual atmosphere then Amelia's Trattoria is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th b-day for son; greatCTDOCDined on 11/14/201330th b-day for son; great home made pasta; small to moderate but filling portions; very tasty- have been before & will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Good things in small packagesmoviegoerKTDined on 11/8/2013Had an early dinner here before catching a movie at Kendall. Food was terrific. Interesting menu. Attentive staff. Didn't have time for dessert, but everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, original pasta dishesGraceVIPDined on 11/6/2013Our party of three tried three different pasta offerings, all of which elicited raves: three-cheese ravioli with butternut pesto, pine nuts, and hazelnuts; gnocchi with butternut squash, brown butter, and crispy sage leaves; and braised short rib Bolognese over fresh fusilli. Salad greens were tender and served a nice vinaigrette. Amelia's is small and intimate, with stylish yet unpretentious decor. It sports a small bar, which contributes to its neighborhood feel. Service was attentive but not intrusive. We found it wholly enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.