111 Harvard St.
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliastrattoria.com/
- Phone: 6178687600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Sarturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Delio Susi, Jr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer full catering service customized to your event. Please contact Rebecca at email@example.com with any questions.
- Private Party Facilities: At Amelia’s our staff will help you make the most of your special event. We work with you personally to attend to every detail of your dining experience, from customizing your menu to choosing floral arrangements for decorations. We can comfortably accommodate 40 people for dinner or 50 people for a stand up cocktail reception. Whether it is a graduation, baby shower, corporate event or anniversary, our dining room is intimate, cozy and flexible for any type of occasion. For more information or to speak to the chef about a customized menu please call the restaurant.
A word from Amelia's Trattoria
Delio Susi, in anticipation of his restaurant’s tenth anniversary, refined both his restaurant’s menu as well as its interior design, to great success. Losing none of his Abruzzi roots, the food is clean but clearly Italian, and a little rustic. The warm and inviting room makes the same statement. Drawing on his architectural background, Susi plays with simple organic materials, like square slate tiles and tabletops, and brown leather tufted banquettes. The use of brick plus copper fixtures contribute to the Italian country/casual feel that serves food and wine to match. Wooden floors and European style open windows for the summer add to this ambiance. And red lamps that hang in bright contrast with the earthy tones during the day, shed a sexy flattering nighttime glow. Amelia’s Trattoria offers a personal and authentic dining experience using top local ingredients infused with the heart of its Italian chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Amelia's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Amelia's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (53)special occasion (26)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (11)good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The service and the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2009The service and the food was excellent. I enjoyed a nice night out with my girlfriend, and the restaurant was ready with flowers on the table and even provided a glass of champagne on the house. It is the perfect place for a romantic date without all of the over the top cheesy bells and whistles. The waiter was friendly and attentive. Would strongly recommend Amelias for any occasion. Just as nice for a good meal and a ball game.
- Exceptional Italian cooking.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2009Exceptional Italian cooking. Delio the chef brings just a touch of spice to superb Italian dishes. We discovered Amelia's in the summer and now eat there every week. The bolognaise is his signature dish and is the best anywhere. Great services and a cosy setting.
- The appetizers were somewhatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/17/2009The appetizers were somewhat disappointing (calamari and salad). The balsamic dressing on the salad was too vinegary. The entree...the braised short rib bolognese...was very good...although very rich.
- Salads arrived--heavy on theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2009Salads arrived--heavy on the oil and low on the acid--pretty unbalanced. When entrees arrived they brought me someone else's meal. My Chicken Milanese was decidedly NOT Milanese, NEVER is Milanese served with a chunky tomato sauce and mozz/parm on top. The wait staff completely forgot about us. I was never asked if I wanted wine with dinner. My dinner companion was brought the wrong dessert. My apple tart had maybe two tiny pieces of apple! They charged $12 for a martini (I paid $7 the night before at nice neighboring restaurant) When they returned with my AmEx and receipt, the comment card which had appeared with my bill was removed after I asked about the $12 plain vodka martini. A disappointing $100+ meal for two.
- A bit cramped for space (weOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2009A bit cramped for space (we had to pick up a table and move it so we could get out after dinner). Service was good except it took forever to get our dessert ... tiramisu came out right away, and then we waited about 10 minutes for the other desserts. One of our party was an hour late, but the staff were accommodating as we waited and had an app.
- We were basically placed atOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2009We were basically placed at a makeshift table placed in the doorway - total fire code violation, not to mention the draft, people knocking into us as they came in. Waiter was not accommodating, manager was rude - it seemed open table customers received lower priority. I've been to this restuarant before for lunch and I remembered it as a more pleasant a dining experience, the food generally excellent but this time was just OK.
- This was an outstanding diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2009This was an outstanding dining experience in every way. The restaurant is small, room for only about 30 diners, but this makes it cozy. The menu is fairly short, but has several unusual and intriguing items. The presentation of the food was first rate. And the food itself was delicious. The waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. The chef even came out to see how we liked the food. First rate!Special Features:
- Location and cost are theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2009Location and cost are the only negative aspects of this cool place. Service is exceptional, food is tasty and well prepared, and wine list is good. Real pleasure.Special Features:
- The waitstaff hardly acknowledgedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2009The waitstaff hardly acknowledged we were there. There were two waiters, and one did not seem to be even waiting on customers. The one who waited on us had to be stopped on his way by - he never inquired how our meal was or if we needed anything. The dessert order was wrong and we were told it it would be nine minutes before it could be corrected. As a result, our guest did not have dessert.
- This is an excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/2/2009This is an excellent place that I will frequent very often!!!
- While this isn't quite a "neighborhOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2009While this isn't quite a "neighborhood gem," it's a more-than decent restaurant with a pleasant ambience and pretty good food. Nothing mind-blowing, but perfectly nice. The only complaint was the air conditioning wars that seemed to be going on between different customers in the restaurant. Some of us (those of us seated near the bar) were too cold and wanted it turned off. Others were too hot and wanted it turned back on. It was a very hot and cold experience. Otherwise, totally worth a visit for decent a little neighborhood joint.
- Intimate, simple yet elegantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2009Intimate, simple yet elegant and delicious, Amelia's is a great neighborhood restaurant. The best feature is the service -- the waiters are friendly and enthusiastic, also very efficient. The owner/chef also interacts with patrons and has a great rapport with the waiters. The only potential problem with Amelia's is the acoustics. It is loud. Not the place to go if you want a quiet dinner.Special Features:
- The food is very good as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2009The food is very good as always but the service was very slow and it was very warm in there. It was a very humid night and they only had fans there. They also were pouring warm water at our table rather than cold water. The bathroom there is terrible and the floors were very slippery. I go there because their food is very good and not really for the atmosphere. They also have very good martinis there.
- The food was wonderful andDineOutDinerDined on 8/18/2009The food was wonderful and the server outstanding. The restaurant was quite hot, but the fans kept the air moving at least. The area the restaurant is tucked away in seems a little iffy at first, but it was still quite an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- I'd never been to Amelia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2009I'd never been to Amelia's Trattoria - but the restaurant menu week looked appetizing, so we went on a Tuesday night. The food was delicious, with generous portions! The Arancini was phenomenal! Braised short ribs with polenta also delicious! We were so full we had to have one of our desserts packed up to take home! The only down side was we went on one of the hottest days of the year, and there was no air conditioning, only ceiling fans. It was pretty uncomfortable in there, but we're going to go back when the weather cools off :)Special Features:
- I've always loved Amelia's...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2009I've always loved Amelia's... my only complaint is that it doesn't seem to be a secret any longer.Special Features:
- Lovely, lovely time at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2009Lovely, lovely time at this fabulous slow food gem. I don't know why it isn't packed every night. The homemade pasta is divine, are the light, crispy calimari. My vegtarian antipasto was outstanding, and my husband ooohed and aaaahed over his intensely flavored and meaty short ribs.Special Features:
- Our new favorite restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2009Our new favorite restaurant, especially before a movie at the Kendall. Very pleasant atmosphere, professional & organized staff, and amazing food. It's small, so I'm a little worried it will get more popular and we won't get to go - but I want it to stay open too! Reasonably priced for great, pretty food with good-sized portions (and freshly-made pasta). Plus, you can buy $6 movie tickets there!Special Features:
- I wasn't expecting much, thoughMarcoVIPDined on 7/31/2009I wasn't expecting much, though friends had told me that Amelia's was very good. When driving by, I'd never seen many people inside so I was skeptical. It WAS very good. Their soft shell crab special blew me away! Pastas and salads also excellent. Will definitely go back for more ambitious mains. Another huge plus is its proximity to the Kendall Sq. Teater!Special Features: