Essensia Restaurant & Lounge
The Palms Hotel & Spa
3025 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Essensia Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.essensiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3059085458x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:30am, Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Vegetarian / Vegan, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Julie Frans
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Essensia at The Palms Hotel & Spa can cater to private events of all sizes, with private venues available from 30 up to 200 persons, including the tropical Poolside Terrace, covered Veranda Terrace, elegant ballrooms and other outdoor venues around the hotel’s lush tropical gardens.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Cannici 8776341035
A word from Essensia Restaurant & Lounge
Essensia Restaurant follows a farm-to-table philosophy, offering a seasonal selection of wholesome global cuisine with emphasis on premium local and sustainable ingredients. Working with local farmers and carefully selected purveyors, Essensia’s menu features healthful and flavorful dishes made with produce, meats and seafood primarily sourced from within the State of Florida. Essensia’s exclusive wine list is committed to being sustainable, organic or biodynamic and has been selected for sharing Essensia’s mission to be good for you and the environment. Essensia is open 7 days per week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Essensia offers discounted valet parking rates for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Groups up to 40 people can be accommodated in one of our dining areas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Essensia Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Essensia Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (34)romantic (33)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (20)scenic view (14)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (8)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Delicious!RettaJune1VIPDined on 3/27/2014My sisters and I wanted a new food experience. Rafael, our concierge at Cadillac Marriott, recommended this gem. The service was really great and the food was tremendous. We liked their organic "garden to table" concept. They even had their own greens garden we visited. A wonderful dinner variety and lovely restaurant ambiance. Greta location and easy to walk to on Collins. We will return!Special Features:
- DreamingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014There were a few vegetarian entrees, but no meat substitutes like beans, tofu, seitan or tempeh. Not good for vegetarians. Dreaming and hoping there will be more creative vegetarian options in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in MiamiRachelleVIPDined on 2/24/2014Tucked away in the Palms Hotel north of the flashier hotels and restaurants, Essensia is a hidden gem. Loved the outdoor veranda setting, great service, and delicious food. A very relaxing and enjoyable dinner for our family of five. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very worth going north.NYCAngelsVIPDined on 2/23/2014It was our last night in Miami Beach this trip, a quiet Sunday evening in February. Sitting outside on the veranda it was magical. It felt like Cuba to me, but only if Cuba was much nicer (or maybe if it was still 1959)! Essensia's chef grows much of her own ingredients, and she was very good at improvising to make any dish work around dietary restrictions. The olive paste and bruschetta were wonderful. The fish (snapper for me) was superb, but my favorite was the Thai lemongrass soup with a coconut broth that was brilliantly seasoned to not be spicy but to be deeply infused with a wonderfully complex set of flavors (yes, a soup!). The location is a bit far north, but still walkable from the South Beach art deco district hotel strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere elseHCSGVIPDined on 2/23/2014We went here for breakfast. We showed up at 11, after confirming that breakfast ended at 1130. Upon showing up, we were told we were too late and they had cleaned it up. We were given the brunch menu instead. My order came out completely wrong. My husbands order was tasteless. We had wanted to share a waffle which just never came. Long story short, our waitress was extremely rude when I explained that my order was wrong. After much waiting around for get our waffle and silverware, I ended up speaking to the manager who took care of the bill. We left-- did not finish brunch-- and went somewhere ELSE!
- Can't say enough about howWildcatfanVIPDined on 2/20/2014Can't say enough about how wonderful the atmosphere was. Our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and guided us to make great selections. Kale Ceasar salad was fabulous as were the snapper and sea bass entres.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- And Slice of ParadisesophieDined on 2/20/2014This was the best meal that we had. The service was impeccable. The staff was knowledgeable down from the busboy to the waiter. They were accommodating and no one tried to push designer water, or liquor. Everything we ate was above expectations. We are looking forward to another visit. Do try the lake Cesar salad. The meal was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time atReikiHelpsVIPDined on 2/20/2014This was our first time at Essensia. The food was very good - the service was excellent and the prices were reasonable. We read some of the negative comments in other review and we didn't agree with them. Best thing is to try it yourself. We had an enjoyable evening and will go back again.Special Features:
- Visited Essencia after concertGappDined on 2/15/2014Visited Essencia after concert at NWS. Beautiful setting! Enjoyed our group company of 3 couples. But - not great for late night dining. Arrived at 10:15 PM and although service was friendly we felt rushed through our meal. Signature eggplant parmesan was mushy and salty. Other dishes were better and enjoyed by all, especially by our vegan friends. Would still give this place a second chance as the setting is worth the visit and the reviews and organic food / garden to table concept are unique and welcome in blossoming Miami food scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Backyard to TableVeggieLoverDined on 2/15/2014Found the place while searching a "farm to table" restaurant. The farm is their backyard. Especially unique since this is in a hotel on miami beach. The hotel is great and the restaurant even better. Great place even for vegetarians. Diverse eclectic menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTomPDined on 2/15/2014This is a very nicely appointed and comfortable restaurant. Unfortunately, the food and service did not match the facility. The service was very spotty, with a head server who was overwhelmed with 11 tables in our room. With the exception of a great kale Caesar salad that was recommended by our server, the food was not good. The eggplant was average at best, and the ribs were extremely fatty. And, importantly, it all arrived cold, almost certainly because the server could not attend to it. Overall, a disappointment.
- Best meal we've ever had!VikingDined on 2/14/2014We had dinner here on Valentine's Day, and the fixed price meal was simply amazing! The theme was edible flowers, and the five-course meal impressed! From the crab cake with marigolds, to the chilled pea, pistachio and greek yogurt soup, to the tomato and nasturtium salad, to the macademia encrusted Amazone Paiche with chrysanthemums, to the lavender scented crepes with rose petals - amazing!!! Our waiter was very enthusiastic about everything about the meal and the restaurant and the property (The Palms Hotel), gushing about the herb garden on the property that grows the majority of the herbs used in the kitchen. Ala in all, an amazing experience! Strongly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot, great foofLisaVIPDined on 2/7/2014This was my second visit in two days and the first time was better. My eggplant parmesan was overcooked and everything on it became a cheesy lump. My husband returned his chicken to the chef and only had his lemongrass soup which was wonderful. The panne cotta dessert was terrific. This would not discourage me from coming again because the dinner we had the night before was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulSonalstarDined on 2/4/2014We came to Essensia for our wedding anniversay. The staff was extremely friendly and spot on with their recommendations as my husband and I are both vegetarian. The Goat Cheese Salad and Eggplant Parmesan were fantastic!! The ambiance was super romantic as we went around 8pm and the restaurant was very clean. We loved that its location was away from all the madness of South Beach and we truly enjoyed a romantic dinner on this family owned gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "The name's Bond. James Bond."asdfasdfasdfDined on 2/4/2014Yow! ~ Summary (in three words): “...Bond, James Bond” Super hip, 100% non-stop early 1960’s lounge-kitsch-retro ambience (vis-à-vis an idealized interpretation) a’ la Monégasque – the whole bit! …Very well executed yet not too serious --- deftly draws you into a, “straw fedora, white tux (open collar) & big rolex mood”… Had a wonderful lunch (be ready for “California” sized portions ~ which in my personal case is a good thing); perfectly prepared dishes (just a wee bit “under spiced” for the truly fabulous ambience), 5 star presentation; seamless staff attentiveness & warmth (but not overly cozy). In fact we were looking for a place to stay; so, after our exquisite lunch, we decided to check right in the restaurant’s host, the Palms Hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good except for Braised Short RibsCrissyDined on 2/3/2014The location is nice, ambience is quaint but romantic. Food was for the most part delicious, except for our braised short ribs. They were extremely fatty and when we asked to see management, they were very unapologetic and didn't want to make concessions.Special Features:
- Special SpotSUeGVIPDined on 2/2/2014We love this restaurant: the food, the service, the friendliness of the staff and the lovely setting making it a perfect spot.Special Features:
- Best on Miami BeachRicardoVIPDined on 1/20/2014Located just off the Boardwalk at 30th in the Palms Hotel, this "fit for foodies" restaurant is easily walkable from many other hotels and condos along the beach and has one of the most beautiful open air balcony dining rooms that we have experienced. We had delicious seafood entrees one evening and followed up with equally good omelet breakfasts the next morning. The food is perfectly prepared with fresh farm to table ingredients and the service was attentive. Definitely one of the best restaurants we have been to during our visits to Miami and we look forward to returning. We rate it #1.Special Features:
- I came here with my mother,cb062287Dined on 1/19/2014I came here with my mother, aunt and sister for a fun girls weekend. I am vegan and they were extremely accommodating. Plenty of selections! Great wine list. Loved sitting outside. Definitely worth the trip.Special Features:
- Conversation EnhancerSoBe123Dined on 1/17/2014On a cold evening in Miami, dining outside on a covered terrace? At Essensia, heaters provided warmth and the terrace was shielded from the chilly ocean breeze. Our party of six gathered at a round table, just the right size for easy conversation. We were not challenged by speakers delivering loud music and were able to hear each other in a lively discussion of world, wines and entertaining stories. But ah, the food! Freshly and locally sourced and excellently prepared, especially the yellow tail snapper. The service was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013This restaurant is wonderful!! The food is absolutely delicious!! We went here as a large group for my aunts birthday and they were very accommodating. The kids menu is a wonderful added touch and they really enjoyed their food and dessert. The food is all natural so you feel good eating it. Definitely have the dessert, they gave my aunt a cake for her birthday and it was delicious!! Wowgo back and it's highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melton Party of 5 - Monday, 12/9/1OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2013We had a business meeting on Monday evening. The food and service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic up and downMamomilanoDined on 12/7/2013Sitting outside at essensia has great atmosphere. The service is ok. The lobster was great, a lentil, goats cheese and butternut squash was completely dull. The chocolate ice cream was not home made. Overall a very average experience given the upmarket prices.
- restaurant for business lunchesbusinessdinerDined on 11/15/2013I spent some time searching for an appropriate restaurant to take a client for lunch. My client has special dietary requirements so can be very particular and the menu looked most appropriate. The restaurant is in a good location, but the service was rather poor as we weren't offered drinks when we arrived apart from water. When we did eventually get our drinks we were more than half way through our meal. The client which I was entertaining also asked for additional dressings for her meal & should have been a standard dressing for the dish she orderd but they did not have it in stock. In addition as a result of the slow searvice, we had to get up from our table and arrange to pay as we were leaving. Overall fairly disappointing.Special Features:
- disappointingefenjvesVIPDined on 11/4/2013I have been there before and found it lovely. This was a special event and nothing went right. Overly sweet drinks (cheap prosecco) food was just OK. Someone had asked that a bottle of champagne be delivered and it never came.
- not exactly what expecteddauraDined on 10/27/2013A simple dinning experience. For the price and the location we expected more. Food was just fine and service was just normal. We were really excited to try this place but will not come back.
- LovelyMiamiSpartanVIPDined on 10/19/2013Was a quiet Saturday night, service was excellent and the menu interesting. Lovely outdoor garden setting. The restaurant seems not to have been discovered by local Miami patrons, it was almost exclusively tourists (not necessarily a good thing). We enjoyed our appetizers but the main course was uninspired. We liked the place enough to return - give it one more shot - but we're hoping the chef has a better night. Maybe it will be better during high season when it is busier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table experience rightLunaDined on 10/18/2013Farm to table experience right in Miami Beach!!! Great option for real foodies and those who want a fantasic dining experience. Accomodated my gluten allergy very well!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was indeed a great diningJoelleDined on 9/28/2013It was indeed a great dining experience and I would recommend this restaurant highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialfoodloverVIPDined on 9/25/2013This restaurants was kind of a disappointment. We had received great recommendations and honestly it was not very special. I had a mojito which was good, my chicken was ok, my husbands steak was great and the desserts were extremely boring. And its not a cheap restaurant...Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2013The service was outstanding, the good and it's presentation excellent.Special Features:
- the filet tasted as if itFxsredcellVIPDined on 9/18/2013the filet tasted as if it was frozen prior then thawed out. The chicken was bland. However the appetizers were great. We had the ceviche and the pull pork bread which was excellent. Overall we will not be returning and do not recommend this restuarant for dinner.
- Sumptuous flavorsSustainabiliesDined on 9/10/2013We came here two years ago on a conference and couldn't wait to return. Another conference in Ft.Lauderdale, so we drove to re-experience Essensia. It was good, but not as good as the last time...but still special. We sent friends from Brazil who were visiting Miami and they loved the restuarant, they all went twice! Wonderful ambiance outside on the verando, but watch out for the "no-seeums." Omar the waiter is personal and takes care of you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- essensialuv2dineVIPDined on 9/8/2013first time there. beautiful place. we ate inside.. it was VERY quiet. outside very nice for winter . lovely menu. pretty reasonable for Miami beach. parking validated . $5. all very GOOd for Miami Beach. service was excellent. very gracious. liked it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 StarsFlashDined on 9/7/2013From top to bottom Essensia shines. Essensia is a marriage of magnificent architecture, a Zen garden and locally harvested ingredients. We went for Miami Spice and had a wonderful time. My son snapped away posting on Instragram. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good!sobevDined on 8/21/2013Great meal, friendly service & nice atmosphere- I ordered the Miami spice and enjoyed the Cesar with kale! Steak with polenta was delicious- We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy!GigiDined on 8/17/2013I came alone...none of my friends wanted to come. Great service and they were very attentive to me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florida Key's feelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2013The food was decent for the Miami spice menu but the best part of the dinning experience for my wife and I was the Key's like ambience of the outdoor dinning on the veranda. The service was very attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night at EssensiaEmilio1006Dined on 8/11/2013My girlfried and I enjoyed a wonderful date night at Essensia during Miami Spice 2013. We had reservation on Sunday at 7pm, and were seated right away. It was a very quiet, romantic dinner - perfect for two parents trying to enjoy an adult-only evening. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a quiet night out at a place with gourmet food made with farm fresh, organic ingredientes. Thier signature cocktails were also very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Quiet and MellowEricDined on 8/3/2013It's a nice place for a quiet, non pretentious dinner. The food was good, the service very good and the outside seating is very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.