Palace Arms at the Brown Palace
321 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Palace Arms at the Brown Palace
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brownpalace.com/
- Phone: 3032973111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Palace Arms at the Brown Palace
The legendary restaurant is for the food and wine aficionado. Blending contemporary American cuisine with one of the best wine selections anywhere, the Palace Arms consistently rates among the finest restaurants in Denver. Signature items such as a caesar salad prepared table side, seared steak of Colorado bison, combined with many other creative contemporary or traditional dishes. The "New" Palace Arms provides a casual dress code where jackets are not required.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Palace Arms at the Brown Palace - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Palace Arms at the Brown Palace reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (37)romantic (28)notable wine list (22)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Anniversary spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/19/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 30th anniversary at the Palace Arms. The food was exquisite, the staff was amazing and the entire experience was outstanding. Our waiter, Omar, was as helpful and kind as he was experienced at his craft. I would highly recommend this fantastic restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm happy we went there.JackieDined on 2/18/2014It was my hubby's bday. We were so impressed with the staff, and the food. The pianist at the lobby, John was really nice also. Will definitely go back and make this place our special day go to place for sure. We might just start a tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!KyleVIPDined on 2/12/2014The service was impeccable, the food divine. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special eveningBookieDined on 1/22/2014We celebrated a big birthday at the Palace Arms and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The staff accommodated our short schedule (we had theatre tickets) and never allowed us to feel rushed. The foie gras .... yummy. The Colorado wine, a cab franc, was a delight too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BirthdayMarkWDined on 1/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner celebrating her birthday. The staff provided a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palace ArmsFarmer8385Dined on 1/21/2014We enjoyed the wonderful food and great service on a recent trip to Denver for the Western Stock Show. We were seated immediately and an enjoyable evening was had. The butterscotch creme boulee was outstanding. Old world charm and very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/18/2014My wife and I went here for an early Valentine's dinner (our babysitter is moving before the real day). Our waiter, Lonnie, was the perfect example of being there when you wanted and letting you enjoy your evening the rest of the time. He was knowledgeable with his menu recommendations and was very personable. He is the kind of waiter that you hope to find at a place you love so you can request him every time you return. We ordered the 4 course dinner with wine pairings, so we got to chat with Michael the sommelier frequently throughout the evening. He took the time to understand our wine preferences. He not only paired the wines with each course but also based them perfectly with each of our preferences as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful Elegant DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2014We always love dining at The Palace Arms. It's a wonderful restaurant with wonderful staff and wonderful food. The service is very attentive without being too much. I highly recommend The Palace Arms for al of your fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal and service. EverythinghiedVIPDined on 1/8/2014great meal and service. Everything about the evening was perfect.Special Features:
- Amazing foodie experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2014We did an 8 course chef's tasting menu. AMAZING! Our service was unparalled, the presentation flawless and our "host" as I will call him Omar made the entire experience flawless. From ushering us in and out of the table (literally moving it to let us in and out) to ordering and surprising us with 16 savory courses, wine desert entrees appetizer, I can not decide what was better, the food or the experience. Cant wait to brunch hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds its reputationPapaPeitDined on 1/3/2014Consistently rated at the top for many good reasons. Was one of the more memorable dining experiences that we have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBillDined on 12/20/2013We have eaten at Palace Arms about eight times. Only once were we not satisfied. Typically, this is a great experience with wonderful food and great staff. Our recent visit was fantastic and worth every cent. I recommend this restaurant to anybody who wants to know what a five star restaurant is about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dining PleasureMust66ngDined on 11/30/2013Everything was outstanding - wait staff, wine, dinner and dessert. Very attentive staff without hovering. Food was time perfectly and the quality, presentation and taste were excellent.Special Features:
- wonderful dining experienceeaster000brunchDined on 11/30/2013The dining experience at Palace Arms is absolutely wonderful. This is our anniversary gem and has been the past 11 yearsSpecial Features:
- A classic placeNativeDined on 11/26/2013This was our second time at the Palace Arms in a year. The experience was exceptional. The service was friendly and spot on. We really enjoyed the Bison. It is the BEST we have ever had. We did not care for the roast pig, was kind of bland and just not up to the standard of the other food. The coffee was wonderful and we just enjoyed sitting and having a nice meal in a quiet place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstandingcragmonsterDined on 11/21/2013Excellent service without undue fuss and pretention in a superb, spacious and quiet setting provided equally great food with a voluminous wine list that had reasonably-priced treasures. An evening to remember. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palace Arms is alwaysduchessDined on 11/21/2013The Palace Arms is always the definition of fine dining in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver's BestjoshVIPDined on 11/20/2013I was just in Denver for a conference and ate at three of the top rated restaurants, the Palace Arms is by far the best of the three. I usually don't comment on ambiance because I really only care about the food, however in this case I'll make an exception. The Brown Palace is a beautiful late Victorian Hotel and the Palace Arms is an elegant room, certainly a great place for a special occasion. That said we had the four course prix fixe, every course was delicious. I started with the soft shell crab, followed by a seafood soup. The soup was not a usual soup, instead it was presented as a small stack of lobster, scallop and fish over which they poured a delicious broth. I followed with a wegyu steak which was perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it!dchellDined on 11/16/2013We had a reservation and were seated promptly, but the server took forever to get us the basics... drinks and water. After we flagged down someone after about 10 minutes, they immediately apologized and the rest of the night was fabulous. They recommended a wine tasting with each course and every bite with their tasting was excellent. Brown Palace is nice because of its history, it's décor is beautiful and it's the only place where you can dress up and feel that everyone else is too. Love it. Moved to San Francisco and can't find a place like it.... looking for recommendations.Special Features:
- Did not disappointLEMADined on 11/16/2013I have been here a few times and this time certainly did not disappoint. The food was outstanding and the service was as well. We had a wonderful time, the staff were very attentive and we left feeling very satisfied with our experience.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationSissyDined on 11/14/2013Took my dad for his birthday, family flew in from out of town for this special dinner. Everything was perfect, the food, the staff, the decor. My dad was very impressed as were the rest of us. Looking forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel like a PresidentTheatreVIPDined on 11/9/2013Everything was outstanding from food to service! We had a party of 5 ranging from 7-73 in age and everyone loved their dinner and talking about the heritage of The Brown. We learned that since The Palace Armes opened all but 2 Presidents have dined there. When we left our little Maggie said "I want to go back there every week".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out with my Aussie friendsonepickyeaterDined on 11/8/2013My visitors from Australia were passing through Denver on the California Zephyr and stopped for a quick visit. They asked me to find "nice place" for dinner Friday evening, their" shout". So made reservations at the Palace Arms. My friends absolutely loved it. Not only was the food some of the best they had had in America (including a 2 week stay in NYC) but the service was hands down the best they had experienced. Everyone we encountered from Valet Parking to the bread waitress elevated our evening with their friendliness and professionalism. I could not have chosen a better restaurant than the Palace Arms. The ambiance, the decor and the low noise level allowed for easy conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent & MemorableSantaFeDined on 11/7/2013Wonderful experience; will go back and will recommend to friends & family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013Great service and awesome food! I don't really have much else to say, other than how thoughtful the staffs were for my wife and I to celebrate our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCOdiner56VIPDined on 10/26/2013The Palace Arms is unique in my experience dining in Colorado. Simply dining there turns the evening into a special occasion, and I find the staff to be welcoming and accommodating. We usually order the prix-fixe chef's menu and and the wine pairing. The wine choices are always interesting and work perfectly with each course. My only quibble was that my entree (bison Rossini) seemed just a big over salted, but my preference is for less salt than many people. We will definitely keep returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if onlyMooseVIPDined on 10/26/2013the food was as good as the atmosphere and the service. not that the food is bad. it's fine. but it is out-shined by the service: "refreshingly formal yet friendly and attentive" and atmosphere. the rabbit terrine was seriously underseasoned and flavorless. the foie gras appetizer was better but no wow here either. the lamb was nicely cooked and attractively accompanied on the plate (we asked to substitute potatoes for tibuli and were accommodated graciously) but the lamb simply needed more flavor. if you closed your eyes you would have difficulty identifying it as lamb. all that said, i'd go back in a heartbeat because of the service, ambiance, wine list and surprisingly reasonable prices given the high-end nature of this establishment.Special Features:
- Palace ArmsMmfoodDined on 10/25/2013Surprisingly modern food in a very old school setting. Fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyPoohDined on 10/19/2013Everything we expected from fine dining in a historical room. The only thing we would have added is classy background music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than perfect, but still grand!MEBCAUXDined on 10/18/2013Whereas it was once impeccable in every respect, the Palace Arms is now somewhat less than perfect. Yet, because there is no comparable location in the region for a very special evening out, it still tops our list for very special occasions. The room remains an elegant Empire gem. The service remains refreshingly formal, yet friendly and attentive. The food remains excellent, though not quite as uniformly superb as in "the old days". The caesar salad for two, prepared with considerable flair and skill tableside, was as exceptional as we expected. My beautifully aged ribeye was exceptional. My wife's halibut was very good, but not quite as good as in "the old days".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would expect better serviceseviceVIPDined on 10/16/2013Dined this past week. The service was horrible. This place is fine dining but if took ten minutes for s someone to come to table. Not crowded at all. Too many other places to go in Denver before I would ho back. .Special Features:
- Fantastic experiencejw1123Dined on 10/12/2013The food is continental and was outstanding. The wine list superb and service amazing. Highly recommend for special occasion, small group of friends or spoiling yourselves. If in Denver again definitely would return!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in DenverFoodluvrVIPDined on 10/12/2013For that special occasion or romantic dinner, the Palace Arms is the best restaurant in the state! The food is exquisite, the atmosphere is warm and intimate, and the service is impeccable! Suggestion: have a drink in the lobby and enjoy listening to the beautiful piano player before going in to dinner. My husband and I are already looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a very good mealLouiseDined on 10/12/2013This was a very good meal and a good atmosphere. Everything was timed very well, never had to wait for anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a beautiful place,CaliforniaDined on 10/1/2013This is a beautiful place, and worth going to for the atmosphere -- if nothing else. The wine and the service were excellent, but some of the food items were below the standard that we've come to expect in good restaurants in California, where we live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Old WorldMartyDined on 9/21/2013There was absolutely nothing wrong with our meal, it just wasn't over the top in any way.Special Features:
- Pricey, but very good.veterandinerDined on 9/21/2013The outstanding service is the highlight of this restaurant, whice is in a nicely appointed, attractive room. One goes to a restaurant for the food, however. The menu is not large at the Palace Arms, but it has sufficient variety to satisfy nearly anyone. All of the dishes were well prepared, nicely presented and very tasty. I felt that there was a bit too much reliance on sauces, and in the case of the crab cake appetizer, the sauce dominated the crab. The pork tenderloin and bone-in ribeye were both delicious, and the Bananas Foster was terrific, but the brownie was disappointing, with a strange tasting (ginger, perhaps?) topping. The wine list is excellent. The coffee is not up to this otherwise very good restaurant's standards.Special Features:
- A Special SpotLarryADined on 9/21/2013My wife and I found ourselves in Denver on our 50th wedding anniversary and we wanted something special in the way of a dining experience. The Palace Arms at the Brown Palace was such a place. The atmosphere is plush, the service was impeccable and the food excellent. We chose the "Four course sampler", which consists of smaller, but still very adequate portions, all tasteful and visually appealing. The Palace Arms lived up to its reputation as "the most expensive restaurant in Denver", so one doesn't dine there every day, but to celebrate a special occasion it is an excellent choice.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2013If you're looking for a place to celebrate a special occasion, I would highly recommend The Palace Arms at The Brown Palace. The food was phenomenal. The wine list is the most extensive I've ever seen. The sommelier graciously helped us pair a wine with our dishes, since the list is in book form and they also have quite a few wines that are not on their list. The service was impeccable. The atmosphere reminds me of a time when people appreciated decadence and celebrating the finer things. I highly recommend the Bananas Foster, prepared table-side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceRyanRDined on 9/11/2013Was a great dinning experience with my wife. When I made a reservation online thru opentable.com Iade a special request that if at all possible to get a nice private table for a special night out with my wife. The waiter came to our table and let me know he read my special instructions and thought it was sweet so he brought my wife a rose. Was not expecting that but thought it was such an awesome thing for the waiter to do. Would definitely plan on dining here again with my wifeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.