The Washington House
136 North Main Street
Sellersville, PA 18960Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Washington House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.washingtonhouse.net/
- Phone: 215-257-3000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Bar: Monday - Thursday: to 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: to 12:00pm, Sunday: to 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Loeffler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call Cyndi Dietterich at 215-257-3000 x207 or see website "Private Parties" for menus and details.
- Private Party Facilities: Intimate private rooms beautifully restored in the original farmhouse are available for groups between 8 and 60. Menus can be customized for your group depending on your size and needs. Please call to make arrangements.
- Private Party Contact: Cyndi Dietterich 215-257-3000 x207
- Entertainment: Sitting right beside The Washington House Restaurant is the beautifully renovated Sellersville Theater 1894. A vital stop on the East Coast concert circuit, this intimate, welcoming listening room presents an ambitious, eclectic mix of top name artists and hot new talent year round. The theater is renowned for its sound quality and the up-close feel of the shows. Together, the restaurant and theater offer an exciting entertainment destination mixing big city talent and small town charm.
- Special Events: Bluegrass Jam in the bar 1st & 3rd Tues of the month; Jazz Jam in the bar last Tues of the month. Freestyle Flights Of Wine 4th Fri of the month. Beer Tastings 1st Fri of the month. Plus wine tasting dinners and other special events. See website for details.
A word from The Washington House
The seven story tower of The Washington House Restaurant has been a landmark for over 100 years in the town of Sellersville, Bucks County, PA. Today it continues to represent warm hospitality and convivial good times. Rescued and lovingly restored in the 1980s by proprietors William Quigley and Elayne Brick, the restaurant is well known for its thoughtful service and inventive American cuisine. With four intimate dining rooms, a pre-prohibition period bar and a patio for fair weather months, it offers a romantic atmosphere of relaxed elegance. Patrons especially enjoy the carefully chosen wine and beer lists and a year round calendar of events including beer and wine tastings, specialty food nights, holiday events and seasonal menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Washington House - Best Restaurants in Sellersville ›
The Washington House reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (120)great for outdoor dining (107)special occasion (96)fit for foodies (76)romantic (61)great for lunch (51)good for groups (34)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (27)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (16)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (6)Show More
- We've been to the WashingtonpetelabVIPDined on 1/3/2010We've been to the Washington House for dinner numerous times, and always find it to provide a great combination of fine dining quality, friendly efficient service, and very good value. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Our party of 6 greatly enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/2/2010Our party of 6 greatly enjoyed our dinner at the Washington House. Great service and a congenial, non-rushed atmosphere added to the enjoyable items on the menu which offered a wide selection. We have definate plans to revisit.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve ambiance wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009New Year's Eve ambiance was perfect. Our food server was very attentive, even in a busy atmosphere. Food was okay (a little over priced, but it was NYE and to be expected). Complimentary glass of champagne was a very nice touch. Enjoyable experience all in all.Special Features:
- The first time I dined atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2009The first time I dined at the Washington House was this past Oct. and I thought it was the best meal I ever had. Then my husband and I came New Years Eve and I couldn't believe it but it was just as good if not better. I plan to find any excuse possible to come back ASAP. I have been telling everyone I know about those two nights. The presentation of the food is a work of art unto itself. The amalgamation of favors are a pleasant surprise. Thanks for a wonderful New Years Eve.
- One of my favorite local resturantsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2009One of my favorite local resturants - excellent food - great for either lunch or dinner. Pleasant and efficient waitstaff.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. MeatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/26/2009The food was excellent. Meat not quite cooked and the wairess quickly removed it and brought another serving...and took the dinner off the bill. We were impressed!Special Features:
- We were originally a partyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/20/2009We were originally a party of 4, but due to the significant snowfall the night before, only 2 of us could make it. I called to change the number and when we arrived, we were seated at a marvelous table for two, right beside the Christmas tree. It was cozy, service was excellent...waitress was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- We've been here several timespetelabVIPDined on 12/17/2009We've been here several times before, and it has never failed to please. The food is always interesting and well-prepared, the service is always attentive and friendly without being overbearing, and the location, while not the most convenient to reach from our home, is a charming small town. We have always eaten there in connection with attendance at concerts at the Sellersville Theater next door (and under common ownership), which also always provides a nice evening out. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- I had filet mignon but I'mOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2009I had filet mignon but I'm pretty sure it was not filet mignon- should not have had any grissle.Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2009Our dining experience was very pleasant. We had show tickets following and the restaurant was very accomadating and worked with us to bring our meals on a timely basis.
- Check the schedule of theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/12/2009Check the schedule of the next-door Sellersville Theater. Dining before the show is very crowded and loud. By 7:30 - 7:45 pm, it started to clear out. Great beer and wine list, though.
- Nighttime lighting was poorOpieDined on 12/12/2009Nighttime lighting was poor for menu reading. Thankfully we had seen a menu beforehand and knew what we wanted to order, since not one of our party of 6 could read the menu in the darkness. The 6 different dishes ordered were all delicious and large in portion. Service was excellent and overall a delightful dining experience.Special Features:
- This is THE place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/6/2009This is THE place to dine if you are going to a show at the music theatre. They will make sure you are out on time, and the food is always good.Special Features:
- Another enjoyable visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/5/2009Another enjoyable visit to the Washington House. This neighborhood gem is great before or after a concert next door at Sellersville Theatre. It's also great for a special birthday or anniversary or for no occasion at all. My husband had duck and said it was delicious. He would order it again.I had the Shrimp and Crab cakes. Delicious as usual!Special Features:
- I have eaten here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/4/2009I have eaten here several times and all have been a great experience.Special Features:
- Our first experience. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2009Our first experience. It was lovely and a surprise. We will be back.Special Features:
- A cornerstone of Upper BucksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/4/2009A cornerstone of Upper Bucks County, and the local community. Charming old inn serves expertly crafted lunches and dinners. Menu always contains seasonal specialities. Monthly wine and beer tasting nights help keep the offerings fresh for the regular customers. Along with the Sellersville Theater located on the property provides for a full night out at a very reasonable price.Special Features:
- the folks there were extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/3/2009the folks there were extremely accommadating....we had a special requested for which they responded to instantly and we were very appreciative. we had a terrific dinner and the services was excellent. thanks!
- I love the Washington House.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/2/2009I love the Washington House. We always have a great meal and the staff is wonderful.Special Features:
- Food portions quite smallerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/29/2009Food portions quite smaller than other times there; nice atmosphere, attentive service; but rather noisy diners...we don't need to hear your stories!
- This was the very first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/26/2009This was the very first time ever that Thanksgiving dinner was spent out dining. I heard were wonderful things about the Washington House. The dinner was very good, 2 had turkey, 1 had duck and 1 had pork stuffed with cranberry stuffing, all was delicious including the desserts. The only downfall was it was so crowded and very very noisy. I feel that the restaurant tried to pack in as many people as they could. I would defnitley go back for another occasion.Special Features:
- this place is lucky its notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2009this place is lucky its not in Philadelphia, it would be out of business. The smug and subprofessional attitude, along with the simple food i suppose is ok for Perkasie. Don't let them bully you into thinking there souffle is anything more then a flourless cake..its horrendous to even call it that. With only McDonald as its competition i see why the locals actually consider this "fine" dinning.
- Had a great time food excellent,JohcarcDined on 11/20/2009Had a great time food excellent, service perfect all in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Food was excelent!! (longOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2009Food was excelent!! (long bone pork chop w/apple cider sauce and melted cambazolo chese,outstanding)Special Features:
- Food was good, but our soupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2009Food was good, but our soup was not very hot. Our waitress was very nice, but it appeared that there was not enough staff and she was overextended.
- This was my second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2009This was my second visit to the Washington House, and the food was even better than I had remembered it being. It's right next door to the Sellersville Theater, so it's very convenient for concert-goers, for either a pre- or post-concert meal. We were running a bit late due to traffic, and our waitress made sure to get us in and out in time to make our 8 pm show. The wine and beer lists are extensive, and the food is superb. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Average food. Great beer selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/15/2009Average food. Great beer selection. Attentive service.Special Features:
- The waitress was so very kindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2009The waitress was so very kind and knowledgeable......could not have asked for a better one!Special Features:
- We always enjoy going to theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2009We always enjoy going to the Washington House the first Friday of every month for their beer tasting. The service is great the food is very good as well.
- Lovely Victorian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2009Lovely Victorian restaurant with a charming atmosphere. Service was friendly and wonderful!Special Features:
- This is our 3rd trip to theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2009This is our 3rd trip to the Washington House and the 2nd and 3rd time we took friends and/or family. Their experience was the same as ours every time we go. Fantastic service, food and ambiance. Just love it!Special Features:
- The Washington House is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/30/2009The Washington House is very quaint - country decor. Not really my scene, but it served its purpose. We went to a show at the Sellersville Theater, which is right around the corner. The menu is meat heavy and German influenced, although I had 2 fish dishes, which were excellent, and they had a veggie option that sounded good. Everything was delicious!
- Great experience! A littleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2009Great experience! A little noisy which made it hard to talk to the people at your table. Food was very good and would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- What a nice surprise. TheJamesVIPDined on 10/24/2009What a nice surprise. The greeting at the door, the attention by the server and the overall homey feel of the place was more than expected. And, the food is worth a repeat visit. We and our guests truly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Dinner is always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2009Dinner is always a pleasure whenever we go to a show at the Sellersville Theatre. We travel about two hours from Maryland, so it's nice to know we will always get an outstanding meal before a great concert. Servers are always right on schedule, to make sure we get to the theatre on time.
- We are longtime customersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2009We are longtime customers of Washington House and we wanted to try their October fest buffet. They were extremely busy this evening so our experience was not as good as with a regular brunch or dinner.Great place to try, if you had not done so.Special Features:
- Very Nice Place Very FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2009Very Nice Place Very Friendly staff and patrons. great foodSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed the experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2009We enjoyed the experience. We were seated promptly. Seater was a bit of an automaton. Food was well prepared and well presented. Service was very good if a littlt gushy. The cost was less than expected. We will be back.Special Features:
- My wife and I have dined atGaryDined on 10/17/2009My wife and I have dined at the Washington House many times. This time was a 1/2 bad experience. My Wienerschnitzle was pretty bad and my wife's pasta dish in a white cream sauce was very good. The veal was lukewarm and a little tough. The service was good. We got seated immediately. Because this was a less-than-great experience, I consider it rare. we will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2009Wonderful experience. Food was different in that there was a wide variety and a diverse menu. I had a salad which was outstanding and lamb chops cooked to perfection. The waitress was friendly and came back several times to see if all was allright. I would go back again. Great place to go before and after the Theater.Special Features: