The Washington House
136 North Main Street
Sellersville, PA 18960Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Washington House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.washingtonhouse.net/
- Phone: 215-257-3000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Bar: Monday - Thursday: to 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: to 12:00pm, Sunday: to 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Loeffler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call Cyndi Dietterich at 215-257-3000 x207 or see website "Private Parties" for menus and details.
- Private Party Facilities: Intimate private rooms beautifully restored in the original farmhouse are available for groups between 8 and 60. Menus can be customized for your group depending on your size and needs. Please call to make arrangements.
- Private Party Contact: Cyndi Dietterich 215-257-3000 x207
- Entertainment: Sitting right beside The Washington House Restaurant is the beautifully renovated Sellersville Theater 1894. A vital stop on the East Coast concert circuit, this intimate, welcoming listening room presents an ambitious, eclectic mix of top name artists and hot new talent year round. The theater is renowned for its sound quality and the up-close feel of the shows. Together, the restaurant and theater offer an exciting entertainment destination mixing big city talent and small town charm.
- Special Events: Bluegrass Jam in the bar 1st & 3rd Tues of the month; Jazz Jam in the bar last Tues of the month. Freestyle Flights Of Wine 4th Fri of the month. Beer Tastings 1st Fri of the month. Plus wine tasting dinners and other special events. See website for details.
A word from The Washington House
The seven story tower of The Washington House Restaurant has been a landmark for over 100 years in the town of Sellersville, Bucks County, PA. Today it continues to represent warm hospitality and convivial good times. Rescued and lovingly restored in the 1980s by proprietors William Quigley and Elayne Brick, the restaurant is well known for its thoughtful service and inventive American cuisine. With four intimate dining rooms, a pre-prohibition period bar and a patio for fair weather months, it offers a romantic atmosphere of relaxed elegance. Patrons especially enjoy the carefully chosen wine and beer lists and a year round calendar of events including beer and wine tastings, specialty food nights, holiday events and seasonal menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Washington House - Best Restaurants in Sellersville ›
The Washington House reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (132)great for outdoor dining (107)special occasion (105)fit for foodies (84)romantic (67)great for lunch (58)good for groups (43)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (20)late-night find (17)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (10)Show More
- Everything there is perfect.ManyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2010Everything there is perfect.Many a night the entertainers at the Theatre are dineing there.Great food,great drink specials and always great service.This is the best restaurant in Bucks County.Special Features:
- We'd never been there, andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2010We'd never been there, and were VERY pleasantly surprised. They had quite an extensive beer list - nice selection from Scotland!Special Features:
- Our meal and service was outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2010Our meal and service was outstanding, food presentation was excellent, looked right out of a photo shoot.Special Features:
- We were very pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2010We were very pleased with this restaurant and will definitely return. The atmosphere was pleasant, the food was excellent, and the service was great.Special Features:
- I eat at the Washington HouseSparrowVIPDined on 3/3/2010I eat at the Washington House about six times a year and it reminds me of a pot luck in that you never know what your going to get in terms of quality. Sometimes it's good sometimes average. Never really had a terrible meal, but with the prices charged it should be consistanly good or better.Special Features:
- As often as possible we bringOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/26/2010As often as possible we bring friends to the Washington House. It never fails to impress and we often enjoy the bonus of a great show next door at the Sellerville Theatre. We love the ambiance and the food. Saturday we came for the Freestyle Flights of Wine. We love choosing from the specials menu and were not disappointed. I tried the ribeye and couldn't believe how tender they got it despite my request for "medium" preparation. My wife had their duck special and compared it to the duck she had at one of San Francisco's finest restaurants. Our dinner guests described the Washington House as a real find. In Mike's words, "It has everything."Special Features:
- Food was VERY good. I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2010Food was VERY good. I had the salmon and my husband had the weinerschnitzle. Asparagus soup was absolutely wonderful. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- My wife and I have been toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2010My wife and I have been to the Washington House many times and consider it one of our faves. We were very surprised to find that neither of us particularly liked our meals this time. It was kind of a let down. We will certainly go back and hope that we just caught them on a bad night. The service, as always, was exceptional.
- TERRIFIC restaurant! EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/21/2010TERRIFIC restaurant! Everything was perfect: food, service, warm and cozy ambience ... and best of all, we didn't have to shout to be heard! Prices aren't cheap, but not outrageous, either; most entrees were around $20, glasses of wine about $8-$9 , appetizers between $8-$12 ... but portions are generous. I had two appetizers for my meal (bacon-wrapped scallops and a crabmeat salad), and that left me too full for dessert, so I opted for an Irish coffee (perfectly made) and helped my fiance with his super-moist chocolate cake. Our server, Amber, was very accommodating of special requests: mushrooms on the side (allergies), soup extra-hot, and just a bit of whipped cream on the coffee. A wonderful experience -- we'll be back!Special Features:
- The menu choices were a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2010The menu choices were a little on the gourmet side for our tastes. Good service and loved the ambiance.
- We enjoyed the prix fixe menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2010We enjoyed the prix fixe menu and always have a good meal at The Washington House. This was about our 6th time at the restaurant, and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Our dining experience was wonderful, I cannot think of anything we did not fully enjoy about our experience there. The staff was warm and friendly, beautiful atmosphere, delicious food!Special Features:
- Fantastic as Usual. My favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Fantastic as Usual. My favorite place. Need I say more?Special Features:
- the only problem i had wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/13/2010the only problem i had was the table we sat at was very small.
- They have the best wine andLeeleeDined on 2/12/2010They have the best wine and beer tasting nights but this time we went for dinner before a show next door at the Sellersville Theater. It made the whole night perfect because after a wonderful meal we only had to walk a few steps to the theater and not get anxious over arriving late.Special Features:
- Always the spot to have dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/11/2010Always the spot to have dinner before seeing the show at the Sellersville Theater.Special Features:
- Cozy and warm atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/31/2010Cozy and warm atmosphere. Menu changes with the seasons.Special Features:
- First time here for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2010First time here for lunch. Menu had good selections and specials. very enjoyable lunch.
- The food was really good andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/2010The food was really good and the presentation was amazing. Everything seemed to be seasoned just right. The staff was friendly and gracious. I have been there before and was delighted to bring a guest with me this time to enjoy her first experience there.Special Features:
- Amazing meal. Waitress wasAce531Dined on 1/28/2010Amazing meal. Waitress was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. Non drinker here but wine list looked lengthy and not expensive. They have special nights for wine and beer lovers. Bruschetta appetizer was excellent. 2 each of 3 diff types. Good for sharing. With Sellersville theater next door, good place for pre or after dinner. We went early so nice and intimate then. Later it got the more crowded and the noise level picks up then. Excellent food look and presentation. Mashed sweet potatoes are terrific. Wish Mom had made them that way!Special Features:
- It was good, but nothing spectaculaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2010It was good, but nothing spectacular. The staff was friendly and the waitress was attentive. I was disappointed with the portion of the mash potatos I received. I love them, and they are one of the things I look forward to having there. I didn't even know they were on my plate until I moved the vegatables around. The menu is very limited for our tastes. It is an okay place but pricey. For the money there are many other places would rather go.
- Our dinning experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/23/2010Our dinning experience was overall very very good.Special Features:
- We enjoy the Washington Housetastebuds1Dined on 1/22/2010We enjoy the Washington House for special occassions. Try the wine flights- a great value for the money and a fun way to try new wines. The service is great and the daily specials interesting.Special Features:
- The Washington House is onOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2010The Washington House is on my family "Special Occasion" list of restaurants. Food and Service are outstanding.Special Features:
- Went to the restraurant afterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/16/2010Went to the restraurant after the play at the Sellersville Theatre. It was a wonderful way to cap off a fantastic night with good friends and famaily.Special Features:
- Our server was great. SheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2010Our server was great. She provided quick service and catered to our 8 year old. She even went out of her way to send home the ice cream that was included his meal in a kid's cup.Special Features:
- The Washington House is aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2010The Washington House is a great pre-show dinner for anyone attending a show at the Sellersville Theatre. The Old house atmosphere is charming and the food is very good.Special Features:
- This was an excellent restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2010This was an excellent restaurant. The whole experience was positive. The staff was very friendly & made you feel immediately comfortable. I have a diet problem & the waitress helped me with my choice & it was perfect. We are not from the area but attending a show at the Theatre next store & will recommend others to this great establishment. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect, qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/9/2010Everything was perfect, quality ford, attentive service, a very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- Outstanding service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/9/2010Outstanding service and food selection. No pressure, very comfortable and quiet. All around dining pressure.Special Features:
- We've been to the WashingtonpetelabVIPDined on 1/3/2010We've been to the Washington House for dinner numerous times, and always find it to provide a great combination of fine dining quality, friendly efficient service, and very good value. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Our party of 6 greatly enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/2/2010Our party of 6 greatly enjoyed our dinner at the Washington House. Great service and a congenial, non-rushed atmosphere added to the enjoyable items on the menu which offered a wide selection. We have definate plans to revisit.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve ambiance wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009New Year's Eve ambiance was perfect. Our food server was very attentive, even in a busy atmosphere. Food was okay (a little over priced, but it was NYE and to be expected). Complimentary glass of champagne was a very nice touch. Enjoyable experience all in all.Special Features:
- The first time I dined atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2009The first time I dined at the Washington House was this past Oct. and I thought it was the best meal I ever had. Then my husband and I came New Years Eve and I couldn't believe it but it was just as good if not better. I plan to find any excuse possible to come back ASAP. I have been telling everyone I know about those two nights. The presentation of the food is a work of art unto itself. The amalgamation of favors are a pleasant surprise. Thanks for a wonderful New Years Eve.
- One of my favorite local resturantsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2009One of my favorite local resturants - excellent food - great for either lunch or dinner. Pleasant and efficient waitstaff.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. MeatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/26/2009The food was excellent. Meat not quite cooked and the wairess quickly removed it and brought another serving...and took the dinner off the bill. We were impressed!Special Features:
- We were originally a partyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/20/2009We were originally a party of 4, but due to the significant snowfall the night before, only 2 of us could make it. I called to change the number and when we arrived, we were seated at a marvelous table for two, right beside the Christmas tree. It was cozy, service was excellent...waitress was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- We've been here several timespetelabVIPDined on 12/17/2009We've been here several times before, and it has never failed to please. The food is always interesting and well-prepared, the service is always attentive and friendly without being overbearing, and the location, while not the most convenient to reach from our home, is a charming small town. We have always eaten there in connection with attendance at concerts at the Sellersville Theater next door (and under common ownership), which also always provides a nice evening out. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- I had filet mignon but I'mOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2009I had filet mignon but I'm pretty sure it was not filet mignon- should not have had any grissle.Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2009Our dining experience was very pleasant. We had show tickets following and the restaurant was very accomadating and worked with us to bring our meals on a timely basis.