The Lobster Pot
17814 Gulf Boulevard
Redington Shores, FL 33708Neighborhood:
Indian Rocks Beach
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Lobster Pot
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lobsterpotrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7273918592x
- Hours of Operation:
CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO CONSTRUCTION WORK THAT IS BEING DONE TO THE RESTAURANT. WE APOLOGIZE! PLEASE VISIT OUT CLEARWATER BEACH LOCATION AT 478 MANDALAY AVE
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Zoran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Onsite or offsite catering available for small to large parties.
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties up to 120 guests
Outdoor patio is also available
- Special Events: Special events can be booked onsite or through us at one of our partner properties.
- Cross Street: Between Park Street Bridge and Johns Pass
- Public Transit: Beach Trolley and public bus stops across the street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service on weekends, free parking on restaurant owned lot 1 block north of the restaurant. Plenty of free street parking and adjacent parking to the restaurant.
A word from The Lobster Pot
For over 39 years the Lobster Pot Restaurant has been serving the freshest lobster, seafood and steaks in a fine dining setting. Winning numerous awards and earning the title of "favorite restaurant” to thousands of customers. In 2013 received "Best Lobster in Tampa Bay" from Tampa Bay Magazine for the 20th year in a row.Continued
Chef Special daily will delight the appetite.
The Lobster Pot Restaurant is a must on the West coast of Florida.
Chef Special daily will delight the appetite.
The Lobster Pot Restaurant is a must on the West coast of Florida.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Lobster Pot reviews from OpenTable diners
- Too. expensiveBclipDined on 12/31/2013Two people and over $100. Food was prepared in an average fashion with small portions and would have been a fare you would have expected to pay much less for. Restaurant is very dated, needs remodeling . They do have nice white linen tablecloths and plenty of nice servers .
- Romantic spot for lobster dinnerlove2eatDined on 12/24/2013We went there for Christmas Eve dinner. The ambiance is nice, romantic, and our waiter was attentive without being obtrusive. He was knowledgeable about the dishes and able to describe what was in them so that made ordering decisions much easier. The sauteed spinach was great, not overdone (still bright green and tasty, with a touch of garlic as described) and my husband was in heaven with his combination of king crab legs and lobster tail. All in all it was a good experience... just right before roasting our own turkey for Christmas! We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood & Nice Presentation1JerseyGirlDined on 12/24/2013Overall a nice place. The main dishes (fish, lobster & beef) were done perfectly but the appetizers and sides left a bit to be desired. The lobster bisque was overly salted and the asparagus was underdone - borderline raw. Desserts were very nice & coffee was fresh.Special Features:
- Delightful experienceKnightDined on 12/24/2013we had a wonderful time at the Lobster pot the food was excellent and the service was first rateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly not what it used to be!disappointedDined on 12/21/2013Was our all time favourite restaurant, this time not so. Server was aloof and unfriendly. Esgargot is still the best anywhere and no one does lobster better. Made reservation in October for December and our table was at the entrance with the front desk. We had thought a better table would be ours with that kind of notice. We have loved this restaurant for over 18 years and will go again despite this experience. We were disappointed mostly with the service.Special Features:
- ServiceGerryDined on 12/13/2013Brandy, our server, gave us great service. We try to go to the Lobster Pot every trip to Florida.Special Features:
- So SoVladDined on 11/30/2013This was the 1st time after many years of not going to Lobster Pot. The Ceaser salad was very salty. My wife had to return it. They forgot all about my soup order. That should not have happened given the place was almost empty. I have greater expectations from an expensive restaurant that tries to call itself "upscale"
- CelebrationTimJDined on 11/27/2013The Lobster Pot has long been my family's go-to restaurant to celebrate special occasions. This time, 5 of us celebrated our two daughters' birthdays. Food, as always, was terrific. The South African lobster tail is wonderful. We highly recommend the Lobster Pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.bartDined on 11/1/2013Martini served warm. Escargot were flavorless other than what appeared to be served in a beef broth instead of the traditional garlic sauce. The salads were dressed with bottled dressing. The pasta was the only thing that had a pleasant taste. I have had a better meal at a Appleby's Restaurant. In addition, The Lobster Pot is horribly overpriced given the lack of quality of their product. It was recommended we have reservations although there was no need as there were only about six tables occupied; and this was on a Friday night.
- GreatSensuousDined on 10/27/2013Wonderful. On the constructive side my wife's short ribs were not well cooked. Tough. Most other place we have been the meat is falling off the bone. Srill, we will come back. I am in love with Alicia. GrinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentLocalgalDined on 10/24/2013Been going to this restaurant for years and always had an excellent meal, but something has changed and I was very disappointed in the quality of the meal and very embarrassed after talking about how good the food was at the lobster pot. This was a very special occasion for a very special friend, and I expected great food, especially at the price of the entrees Also, I recommend this restaurant to many tourists during the season and now , I feel that I can not do that Hopefully, you will get back to doing what you were doing right - serving great food
- Special occasionPJCLWDined on 10/20/2013We went to the Lobster Pot in Redington Shores for my husband's birthday. It is truly the place to go for lobster. Fantastic! The dinner including an appetizer and wine, while not inexpensive, was very reasonable for what we got. Wonderful service. I know we'll go back as often as we can afford to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsKingCrabManDined on 10/19/2013Their Specials are to die for and straight to the point delicious. If you order something off the menu and it says the recipe is trademarked then I advise you to try it. I came to the place with a very big appetite and they filled it. I got the special which was the third one that night. Alaskian King Crab Legs (One Pound,cracked and open already for me to eat) and a Lobster Tail. I got the trademarked Escargot for an app. and a Caesar Salad. The dessert was the Key Lime Pie, Everything was A+, The food if there was a higher grade than an A+ I would give it. I'm going back again and asking for Brandy. She made the experience wonderful and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELIGHTFUL DINNERLADYBUG922Dined on 10/11/2013Great evening with family....Cozy feel and great ambiance. Food was great. Lobster Thermador delicious. Everything was wonderful. It is a litle pricey, but a great place for a SPECIAL night to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster was subparOlasVIPDined on 10/6/2013Soups were excellent as was the service. The lobster tasted so bland - like it was frozen improperly. Very disappointing. May be an off night as we have been there previously and food was good.
- Excellent DinnerBeachDinersDined on 10/5/2013We couldn't have been happier with our dinner at The Lobster Pot. My husband and I both had the Bistro Grouper, which provided just the right combination of flaky white grouper with a crispy lightly fried roll of rice and peas over a Vodka sauce. The portions were large and the fish was very fresh. The apple desert was delightful, but the rich, chocolate desert we took home for our daughter was even better. The server was accurate when she said it would melt in your mouth when warmed to room temperature. The entire meal was exceptional.Special Features:
- Vacation MustJamboBobDined on 10/3/2013The restaurant has a quiet ambiance and the foodand service are excellent. The menu caters for all tastes and a trade mark dish is the surf and turf with the filet and South African lobster tail. We come to the area every year and would not miss our visit to the Lobster PotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the individualizedLoverofseafoodDined on 9/17/2013We enjoyed the individualized service. We like to eat early in the evening-before the rush. The restaurant is currently being renovated-but we saw no direct signs of this in the front dinning area. It was a friendly, comfortable setting. We learned a bit about the history of the restaurant from the manager who came over to speak with us. The food was delicious-the sea scallops were cooked perfectly-so tender! My husbands grouper was crusted and crisp on a delicious rice bed that also was lightly crisp! We always enjoy our visit to Lobster Pot and look forward to trying the Lobster Pot Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great special occasion placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2013I took my b/f to the Lobster Pot for his birthday, and he was very pleased. We had MY favorite appetizer, the Angel's on Horseback. Ymmm...But the rest of the dinner was delicious also. We each had one of the specials, which, of course, included lobster, but also shrimp and steak. The wine recommended by the waiter was a great choice. He was just the right amount of attentiveness. When we walked out the door, our valeted car was already waiting at the door for us - very classy! Very nice evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a nice experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013Overall a nice experience, the entrees were good and plentiful. Our problem was with the appetizers, we ordered the Lobster Cargots (not sure of spelling) and the onion soup; neither was tasty or worth anything near the money charged. Salads did come with the entree, we ordered Ceasar salad, nothing special.
- Overpriced and Not ImpressivetvlkDined on 9/1/2013While our table was ready immediately, our server was disorganized, took over 20 minutes before taking our order and was very slow. The bread (while free) was stale and very salty, our appetizers were pretty good, the salad was horrible, and the entrees were just ok. I don't mind paying $20-30 for an entree but didn't find this restaurant lived up to its reputation at all. I would have much preferred to eat at a casual restaurant with a view. At least you get what you are paying for.
- Elegant foodnezerDined on 8/31/2013Was a great place for an anniversity dinner. The food was excellent with a small intimate dinning roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TIMEJERYDOVIPDined on 8/30/2013MY WIFE AND I ALWAYS HAVE A GREAT TIME ZMD S GREAT MEAL HERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local classBclipDined on 8/29/2013This restaurant is a very nice, quiet, clean and charming local beach icon. Been here for years! They are super attentive and service is what you would expect. Food was very good. Substantial portions.Special Features:
- A very nice restaurant , excellentDonaldDined on 8/27/2013A very nice restaurant , excellent food and service. This was our second time and plan on returning.Special Features:
- Savoring experienceKnightDined on 8/25/2013the Lobster Pot always provides a excellent dinning experience all the way aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ExperienceBetsyDined on 8/18/2013After reviewing the Tampa Bay Restaurant Week website and seeing the Lobster Pot as a dinning option, we decided to give it a try since we had not been at the restaurant since it re-opened a few years ago. We were very pleased with our experience, the wait staff was very friendly and accomodating the whole time we were there. Our waiter was James. We did choose to order from the Restaurant Week menu and our meals were very good, portions appeared to be the same as if you ordered from the regular menu. Overall, we had a pleasant experience and would recommend the restaurant as well as plan on going back again in the future. We may also try the other location on Clearwater Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florida Findbunnie2queenDined on 8/17/2013The entire dinner was great, able to carry on conversation with our guests while having a very attentive , knowledgable server named ,Brandi (sp). Our fish platters were watched over while being prepared to avoid being over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER AGAIN!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2013Was SO looking forward to this restaurant experience, but unfortunately, it was not a good time! No hostess was there to greet us. Our waiter was hurried and rather impatient with us, even though the restaurant was not busy. But the most important thing was the quality of the food - lousy!!!! My husband ordered the short ribs of beef and a lobster tail. The short ribs were chewy and overcooked. The lobster tail was practically tasteless and had not been properly cleaned before it was prepared. My crabcake appetizer was of the frozen food quality that can be purchased in a grocery store. All in all, not something I would want to repeat. I could have used the $110.00 we spent on dinner and tip for a much better use!!!
- Down HillAtomAntVIPDined on 8/4/2013My family and I were very disappointed. The food was bland and very expensive. We were looking forward to a nice meal as we have gone to this restaurant years ago.
- Food was to die for!Dawn228Dined on 8/2/2013From the appetizers to the dessert it was amazing! The escargot and the black and blue tuna were delicious. The lobster melted in your mouth. I cannot say enough about the banana split cheesecake!! That chef deserves 5 stars! The only reason I would not go more often is its very pricey. Will save it for special occasions!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We hadn't dined at the LobsterIllinoisDined on 7/25/2013We hadn't dined at the Lobster Pot for several years. Our past experience was always positive. While on vacation we decided to revisit and again it was favorable. Our waiter was very helpful. The prices had been reduced and we liked that. My husband and I both had lobster and had no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulthebeachDined on 7/19/2013The new menu and selection is great. We will be happy to come back and have James take good care of us again. -Ben & JulieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it is hyped up to beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2013Overall the food was decent but not good enough for the priced they charge. A definite tourist trap for people willing to pay those prices. It is sad as we are locals literally we live down the road and we probably won't go back. Valet is not offered on weekdays...FYI
- What a nice dinner!TreasureDined on 7/14/2013I had never been to the Lobster Pot before and a friend recommended it for his birthday dinner. The waiter was absolutely terrific. He knew everything about all the dishes and I felt like he was a friend at the end of the dinner. I had the broiled lobster and garlic mashed potatoes, along with the salad with house made bleu cheese dressing. The prices weren't terrible either. The online prices are higher than the menu prices, so that was a pleasant surprise. Everything was just delicious! I am glad I tried it and I will definitely make the 45 minute drive to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FooddalemackDined on 6/16/2013This was the perfect place to celebrate Father's Day with my husband to be. The food was excellent, the wait staff was attentive, pleasant and knowledgeable. I plan to come again with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uninspiring..ellasVIPDined on 6/1/2013service unprofessional. i was in the middle of my main dish when the waiter started clearing the table. huh?.. then, without asking whether we wanted tea/coffee or desserts, he brought the check. huh again?.. food is totally uninspiring. would not go back.
- Do not bother.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2013Service was geat. James did a great job. Food not great. Tail to small steak overcooked carrots almost raw and lobster bisque cold and all for just $175.00. Not the best anniversary.
- EnjoyableNicknameVIPDined on 5/27/2013Our meal was delicious - my Lobster Mac & Cheese was wonderful. My wife said her Delmonico steak with Mac and Cheese (Gouda) was fantastic, but will now have to get it off her hips! (Her words, not mine). Great wine selection too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatblueflamingoDined on 5/26/2013My family and I vacation in the Madeira Beach area every year and always look forward to our Lobster Pot dining experience. The service is impeccable and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.