428 E Maple Avenue
Vienna, VA 22180Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bonarotirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7032817550
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday HALF PRICE WINE BOTTLES
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly.
- Private Party Contact: Management 703-281-7550
- Special Events: WE ARE NOW OPEN SUNDAY'S STARTING FEB 10, 2013 4:00PM TO 9:00PM. FEATURING HALF PRICE WINE BOTTLES.
A word from Ristorante Bonaroti
A well-kept secret nestled in the heart of Vienna offering elegant dining within a warm and intimate setting. Our classic Italian cuisine has been ranked among the best in the Washington, D.C. area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ristorante Bonaroti - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Ristorante Bonaroti reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (16)great for lunch (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Another Great Meal at BonarotiUSKDOMVIPDined on 12/18/2013We had another excellent dining experience at Bonaroti. The service and food are excellent as is the ambience and Bonaroti boasts a first-rate wine list that includes superb choices from Italy. We heartily recommend Bonaroti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday lunch celebrationDiscriminatingdinerDined on 12/13/2013The food was delicious, the service attentive, atmosphere perfect for quiet conversation . The tab a bit high for lunch so I'd recommend this for special occasions, whether lunch or dinner. My friend and I had a delightful time enjoying each other's company while feasting on delicious food at a relaxed pace. I have never been disappointed with the food or the service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hosted Our Holiday Dinner HereMintyJulepVIPDined on 12/7/2013They could not have been more serviceable and delightful. The meals were splendidly delicious! We all had a great, fun time. Recommended highly!Special Features:
- Great for a leisurely dinnerKTinVADined on 12/7/2013Old school, formal atmosphere, charming. Food was surprisingly great, plus delicious bread served with olive oil, sun dried tomato spread & olive spread. With only drinks, salad & entrees meal lasted 2.5 hours -- not really by choice. Great if you want to make a night out of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and service.datenightcoupleDined on 12/7/2013Very good food and service. It's a little tight getting in and out but we were comfortable at our seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebratetravelingnurse1VIPDined on 12/6/2013Bonaroti always delivers on a great dining experience - civilized, exquisite service, and excellent food. This close to home special restaurant is #1 on our list of go to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret in nvaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2013Home of the redskins, Gibbs used to bring his prospective players, seen many players dining here. Lot of dishes named after them, like the spaghetti Cooley I had again, outstanding, bread, wine fantastic , menu is huge, with daily specials read aloud . Been going here since it opened around 1982, that should speak for itself, especially since I'm in leesburg. Sergio the owner, is always on hand, usually yelling at servers as he insists on perfection. If he meets you once, he remembers you forever, it's amazing. The food is always good . Wife had rib eye in a cream and rose sauce that was to die for. The flavors the chefs deliver is amazing. Prices are fair, think my dish was $21 , wife's steak was $35 , but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious anniversary dinneroutoftownDined on 11/29/2013Had the osso bucco, girlfriend had pasta, both of us were immensely satisfied. Will definitely be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant. BeautifulfrequentdinerDined on 11/29/2013I love this restaurant. Beautiful decor, good food, and great service. The bread with olive and tomato spreads brought prior to ordering were delicious!l Lots of specials, and the cappuccino and tiramisu were wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo Bonaroti!WaltVIPDined on 11/29/2013Unless you are looking for it, you will likely drive by without noticing this long-standing neighborhood gem, camouflaged by the shops that surround it. That would be your loss. Once inside, the setting is quaint, the Italian fare a bit eclectic (but well presented and delicious), the service staff know the menu and daily specials quite well, and you certainly do not feel rushed. We were pleasantly surprised and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful home made italian CuisineBuffDined on 11/23/2013I went there for dinner with my family on my birthday and it wqas a great place to celebrate. The ambiance, food selections, and wine were amazing. I have never been in a restaurant with so many nightly specials along with the regular menui selection. The seafood and pasts dishes were so good. The restaurant has been there since 1982 and now I know why - because it is truly a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our FavesTeresaDined on 11/19/2013Always a "go to" for local dining on special occasions. Food is consistent and prepared to order. Innovative dishes. Sergio always makes you feel welcomed even if you have not visited for awhileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2013The service and food were both very good. The decor is very tranditional but elegant. A little on the expensive side, but for once in a while, it is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italy in Vienna (VA)VirginiatravelerDined on 11/5/2013An excellent Italian restaurant. Cozy and somewhat crowded. Moderate noise level. Excellent wait staff. One of the best Italian restaurants near Tyson's. In a small mall with easy parking. Very friendly and great for special occasions. Private rooms available for groups. Varied and inventive specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Bonaroti is alwaysHortusDined on 11/3/2013The food at Bonaroti is always very good. There is a large selection of specials, a very good wine list an knowledgeable waiters. I have been dining there for many years and they have never been disappointing.Special Features:
- Average Italian-American foodPeterpagsDined on 11/3/2013I went into this restaurant wanting to like it more than I did; just average Italian-American food. I think the menu is overly ambitious personally. Par it down and concentrate on just a few better prepared items. Industrial red sauce that is used in all the red sauce dishes. It tastes canned or prepared and not "fatto in casa".The food is average, but just misses the mark of being good to very good. Zucchini flowers were nicely fried, but put on top of that red sauce with mushrooms which were unnecessary. Very well prepared monkfish but again...that red sauce. The pasta needs to be more al dente. Nothing was bad, but nothing was good or special either. The waiters were very attentive and the service is good. I wish the food were better.
- Saturday eveningWaltDined on 11/2/2013Had dinner with friends , all were first timers and really enjoyed the food, service and ambience. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2013I have wanted to come to this restaurant for some time now. We walked in and thought wow, this is going to be great .The place was so beautiful, waiters in tuxs & lovely formal place settings. Our waiter was very attentive & friendly. But, our food was so disappointing, mediocre at best. Tasteless Veal Parmesan, one of the people in our party ordered one of the veal specials & had to send it back due to the fact it was like rubber & dry with no sauce. Two other veal dishes were just ok. I was so disappointed I wanted so much to have a good experience here.Special Features:
- AWFUL SERVICEfoodieVIPDined on 10/22/2013NEVER AGAIN! I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THIS PLACE, THE SERVICE WAS AWFUL AND THE WAITER WAS RUDE AND AGGRESSIVE. HE ASKED FOR MY ID PRIOR TO ME ORDERING ANYTHING AT ALL, HE NOTED IT WAS IN CASE I WAS AN UNDERCOVER, REALLY? WHAT IF I WASN'T DRINKING? WHY DO I NEED TO SHOW ID?
- Good food, slow serviceAlessandroVIPDined on 10/22/2013Dinner at Ristorante Bonaroti is always pretty good, as is the service. This visit was an exception. Service was painfully slow. 10 minutes went by before we were handed menus and another 10 before the waiter came by to take our order. The bread came about 20 minutes into our visit. Our dinner was served a full 45 minutes from the time that we arrived. Another couple at the table next to us was so upset at having been seated for a full 10 minutes without having anyone wait on them and they made their displeasure known and left.Special Features:
- Great Dinner -- Once AgainLongTimeFansVIPDined on 10/19/2013We keep coming back for the great food and wonderful service. Sergio & Noel are wonderful hosts, and Eder provided excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menu, great serviceDebbieDined on 10/4/2013Bonorati has an extensive menu, highlighted by a long list of specials. Every time I go there I am amazed at how many daily specials they offer, and more amazed that they do every one of them deliciously! I don't know how they keep that many options fresh every day, but they do. I have eaten at Bonorati many times, usually with a group of more than 4 people, and everyone has always loved the food. And the service is so friendly and attentive, it's like eating at someone's home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placehungryDined on 10/2/2013Everytime I'm in the greater DC area I make a point of going to Bonaroti's. Food, service, ambience are all great. Old world style dining and service the way it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ItalianDCgirlVIPDined on 10/1/2013As always, Bonaroti is outstanding; enjoyed a delicious special dinner and a lovely evening. The specials are always numerous and I often get them as they include several fish dishes, wonderfully prepared and deftly served. I always recommend Bonaroti's to everyone for a very special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bonaroti is an excellent restaurantLu2dineVIPDined on 9/28/2013A delightful restaurant. Excellent staff and wonderful food. Our guests were very impressed with the quality of food and we will all return soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menu and specialsLuigiVIPDined on 9/27/2013Excellent menu and specials (12 different fish entrees) . Outstanding food and service. Try the Veal!! Really.Special Features:
- Great food and same great serviceRepeatDinerVIPDined on 9/25/2013Attentive from entering until leaving the restaurant...food came hot and ready to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was decent and servicekomalVIPDined on 9/22/2013food was decent and service was very nice. but the decor needs major updating and they could save a lot of money by cutting the menu down to 1-2 pages.
- Always a good time at BonarotiBobKVIPDined on 9/21/2013Enjoyed a Saturday night dinner at Bonaroti. We needed a table for four but one of our party was delayed by about 45 minutes. They accommodated us without issue and we were able to have drinks and salads while waiting. Once our 4th arrived they took care of him immediately to get him caught up with us. Wine list is extensive and reasonably priced. Everyone enjoyed their entrees with the pasta dishes getting rave reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningJoanneVIPDined on 9/21/2013As always, we had a wonderful evening at Bonaroti's. The food is excellent. The menu gives us so many options, and it is always amazing to then hear so many extra specials. We always feel special dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVLinnickers4Dined on 9/21/2013Our favorite Italian restaurant! Noise level generally is fine but this visit we were in a side room with a very large party. Always great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Gem in ViennaMissyDined on 9/20/2013Happened on this place and have to say it was fantastic. The Service was amazing and the food was equally as good. Authentic servers with great Italian accents. I look forward to returningSpecial Features:
- We have been experiencingMarkDined on 9/18/2013We have been experiencing Bonaroti's for over 30 years and have never had a bad experience. Lunch or dinner is always a special occasion there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for nothing special!VAdinerVIPDined on 9/15/2013The restaurant is a bit pretentious with its snooty tuxedo-clad servers and very dated decor. The food is expensive and barely mediocre. I tried it to see if it would be appropriate for an upcoming special event, but I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon!
- What is not to like?CorbinVIPDined on 9/14/2013Great menu...there is never a time where you can not find something that you want because the menu is so varied. Great service...the waitstaff is friendly and the owner is right there watching to be sure that you are treated well. He comes and checks and then asks is all is okay...more than once! Huge parking lot adjacent so no walking for miles to get to the front door. Tables are spaced far enough apart where you are not listening to your neighbors. We go often and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Wonderful Meal!breakfastloverVIPDined on 9/13/2013The sliced Tuna appetizer was magnificent as was the Seafood linquini. This restaurant never lets me down; it's just one of the best!Special Features:
- This is by far the best restauranttherapy143VIPDined on 9/13/2013This is by far the best restaurant I have visited since I relocated to the metro Washington D.C. area. The owner is the ultimate host!!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2013The service is perfect. They are professional and good at making recommendations on wine and food. Extensive wine list and several specials. The food was absolutely delicious. I cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Hidden in Viennajcord2000Dined on 9/9/2013It was my wife's birthday and there were many champagne choices at fairly reasonable prices, which was nice. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. We split an order of Calamari Fritti , which were lighlty breaded and quite tender. We both had veal dishes (Vitello Al Limone and Bocconcini Di Vitello “Bonaroti”), which were excellent. My wife's avocado salad was expertly prepared as well. All in all, a nice upscale dining experience in Vienna. We hope to return to try other selections from their extensive menu but from our experience, I would expect anything they prepared to reach the same high level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal.Charles2Dined on 9/8/2013Wonderful service, excellent menu with a variety of daily specials. Good wine list. Very attentive service with a personal touch. We dine here often, and especially for those memorable occasions, like birthdays and anniversaries. It is a favorite of several of our out of town friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.