Baton Rouge Front Street
277 Front Street W
Toronto, ON M5V 2X4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Baton Rouge Front Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.batonrougetoronto.com/
- Phone: 4165936620
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Baton Rouge can reserve space for up to 100 people for a party or corporate function.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 416-593-6620
- Entertainment: Located adjacent to the Metro Convention Center, CN Tower and Rogers Center.
A word from Baton Rouge Front Street
Bâton Rouge is always a satisfying experience, from our great food to our relaxing atmosphere. Whether you’re enjoying an intimate dinner for two meeting up with friends or coming together as a family, Bâton Rouge promises perfection in both the restaurant experience and your dining pleasure. Our signature, fall of the bone ribs are rivaled only by our tender AAA Sterling Silver cuts of beef. Enjoy fresh fish or perfectly aged steak cooked over a real wood fire. Our diverse menu offers crisp salads, delicious starters and sweet desserts. Our meals are prepared with fresh, quality ingredients sure to satisfy your appetite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Baton Rouge Front Street reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)special occasion (11)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- The total package for lunchMucksDined on 6/7/2012Went for lunch with a group of friends, and had an excellent time. I've been there before, and it's always a pleasure - great food, very good service.Special Features:
- Their ribs are not as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2012Their ribs are not as good as the North York location, therefore a bit of a disappointment.
- A Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2012Baton Rouge Front Street is not convenient from an accessibility standpoint due to the mountain of stairs to climb or the bumpy and steep ramp incline. Elevator use depended on having somebody come down and claim us, clearly a huge irritation factor for many. With respect to the quality of the food for our group of 9, everybody enjoyed their food and the portions were huge. Delicious rolls were quickly delivered to our table when requested. The timing factor was an issue as the kitchen is so far away that ordering dessert was skipped so that we could attend the theatre on time. Separate bills were not a problem & service was pleasant and it appeared that more wait staff stepped in to assist with service than previous visits. Nice surprise.Special Features:
- Lobsterfest was immediatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2012Lobsterfest was immediately poointed out to us. Salad was fresh, dishes were served in a timely fashion. Best fries in the city!Special Features:
- Location was the only goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2012Location was the only good thing since we were going to the Rogers centre after dinner. The food was expensive and terrible
- I've only been to the FrontOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2012I've only been to the Front St location twice and both times the service and food were outstanding. We brought our own cake for a birthday our last visit. Not only was it allowed but it was also cut and served to us as well. Very impressive customer service! We already all know the ribs are superb!Special Features:
- It was not that busy but becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2012It was not that busy but because they decide to have a team approach to service delivery...it took us two hours to get our meal completed and it required a phone call from our seats to get anyone's attention. Both servers thought the other one was handling things and ultimately neither service us until we again asked where things were...food was fantastic once we got it...manager covered meal but it should not have happen in the first place...we didn't go for a free meal...we expected better service.
- This was my second visit IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2012This was my second visit I returned becasue my first vist the food was amazing service was very good. I had a special occasion with my Daughter. I ordered the Ahi Tuna and found the presentaion and taste to be very bland the steak and the chicken primevera my daughter had were good. Service was amazing we were on a tight schedule and i did not want to order something else. We were in Monday March the 5th.Special Features:
- 277 Front St Location excellent!Amazing10starDined on 2/24/2012There are a few Baton Rouge locations in downtown Toronto but we chose the one at 277 Front Street as its not as busy as the other locations. The food was great had the ribs. We always enjoy the food here and the selection. Make sure you check that they have let opentable know that you did honour your reservation as they did not for us and this is the 2nd time a restaurant has done this . We received an email from Opentable upon our return home saying that we were a no show so I had to email back and advise we did indeed go. The two front girls did look frazzled that Friday night so I guess misakes can be made . It was looked after by Opentable.Great place!Special Features:
- Ribs are delicious howeverBeeBee123VIPDined on 2/22/2012Ribs are delicious however I went for lunch and would love if they would offer a lunch special for ribs. The piece is too big.Special Features:
- Our experience was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2012Our experience was good. We had a reservation and were seated on the 2nd fl. Price range is from $15-30 for avg. meal. Portion sizes were a good size - perfect for guys! We would return.Special Features:
- We had a great birthday/valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We had a great birthday/valentine's day experience at Baton Rouge!Special Features:
- We were seated in the barOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/20/2012We were seated in the bar even though we had a reservation. It was really noisy and difficult to have a conversation.
- Ribs were dry and overcooked.SuperstarVIPDined on 1/19/2012Ribs were dry and overcooked. Service was ok but nothing special, would not return.
- My husband and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2012My husband and I had a great dinner at Baton Rouge! The ribs are excellent and the service was great!Special Features:
- The food was good when theyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/24/2011The food was good when they finally got it correct. They seemed to be a little disorganized as twice they tried to give us another tables food. They need a printed kids menu.Special Features:
- Being my first time there,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011Being my first time there, it was very enjoyable and i would recommend Baton Rouge to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Attentiveness versus Annoyance?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2011Portions are hugh, especially the abundant fries served with things like chicken fingers, etc.. Servers need to be more observant of patrons in terms of checking if the food is "to the liking" - for example, don't ask a minute after the food is placed on the table when it is clear that no one has even tasted a morsel! Sometimes too much enthusiasm can be annoying especially if it seems to be "cumbersome" and intrusive to conversation at the table.Special Features:
- Clean, great food and an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2011Clean, great food and an excellent atmosphere for a most enjoyable lunch.Special Features:
- Baton Rouge front street wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011Baton Rouge front street was a great experience. Not only is it located in the perfect spot in town, but the employees and the food make it even better. From my finace and I entered we felt right at home. I can't stop talking about the service we got there. We had no long waits, and someone was always there to answer any questions we had. The food was great, and the I was really pleased with the portion sizes. I had the Santa Fe chicken, and I really recommend it. Overall it was time and money well spent.Special Features:
- The Ceasar Salad was average,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011The Ceasar Salad was average, nothing to write home about and about as good as what I could do with a kit from the Supermarket. The filet mignon was OK, but nowhere near as good as what youmget at the Keg or Canyon Creek.
- Food is good. Recommend forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011Food is good. Recommend for ribs. Oh no! Noticed Bâton Rouge has also started to water down beverages. Will no longer other them (cola, ice tea etc.)in restaurants that use this practice.Special Features:
- quick lunch was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2011Portions were large and food was good (especially the red velvet cake for dessert) but wine was overpriced.Special Features:
- Nice downtown restaurant.MucksDined on 10/18/2011Very good restaurant. The food is great, and the servers attentive. Sections for everyone, nice bar/lounge as well as private booths and an area for larger groups.Special Features:
- Excellent food, friendly andFoodFinderDined on 10/1/2011Excellent food, friendly and efficient service without being obtrusive.Special Features:
- If you are in the mood forOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/9/2011If you are in the mood for excellent southern style ribs in downtown Toronto, this is the place to go ! Generous portions, fast service and reasonable prices. All in all a decent meal !Special Features:
- The food was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2011The food was good, but the menu is limited in choices. Also, white wine should never be served in stemless glasses.
- Great place for ribs.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2011Went there with 9 family members and the staff was very nice. Food tasted great. Don't leave without trying their ribs! wowwwwwwww!Special Features:
- Service this time was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2011Service this time was very good and Kids-friendly. We had a great dinner!Special Features:
- We were satisfied with theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2011We were satisfied with the whole experience, however, we were not impressed by it. We requested a reservation for 5pm, which we were not given. We did not realize that the reservation was not accepted for 5pm until we received a confirmation e-mail from Open Table stating our reservation was for 3pm. No explanation was provided until we arrived at the restaurant, and we were told that they had blacked out the time. The food was ok. Nothing really wrong with anything that we ordered, but we have had much better quality prime rib for comparable price. We had never dined a Baton Rouge before and this experience has not enticed us to go again. We were also not impressed with the reservation process due to the blackout time not disclosed.
- Service pretty good,our friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2011Service pretty good,our friends are very satisfied for food.Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2011Food was good but the service, not so great. Took over a half hour for our server to come by and take our drink order. Then had to struggle to flag someone down every time we needed something after that. You would think that for a party of 15 you would get a little more attention. The food was good, though, and came out quickly.
- Food was great, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2011Food was great, atmosphere was nice, quiet and dark, perfect for focusing on your party. Service was confusing and seemed to be too many servers for our table of three.Special Features:
- Apple Crumble no goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2011It’s Monday and sure enough only a few tables in the restaurant. The waiter service is very polite and smile always on his face. We order the famous Baton Rouge burger. The side dish of Cinnamon Apple is very good. Of course the burger is so good that it is even better than HeroBurger. The disappointment comes the last part of the meal on the dessert. We order the Apple Crumble with the ice cream. It doesn’t look like what we have thought. It has a very thin layer of crumbled apple pie with a few pieces of apples sliced on the dish and vanilla ice cream on the top. It used to be a roasted crust with apple inside that is so delicious. It’s definitely is one big disappointment.Special Features:
- My fiancé and I had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2011My fiancé and I had a wonderful dinner, with great service, and front row seats to great people watching. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2011Great atmosphere and friendly staff made for an awesome night out.Special Features:
- Not worth the price...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2011This was not a great dinning experience. We had 3 different waiters at any given time coming around trying to do the same thing. The food was mediocre and I would probably not go back, definitely not worth the price they charge. The ribs were tasty but nothing to write home about, the seared ahi tuna was bland and definitely did not look like sushi grade tuna.Special Features:
- Great place for a romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2011Great place for a romantic evening! The Santa Fe Chicken was especially good. Very tender and juicy.Special Features:
- First time at this location,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2011First time at this location, food was good. Service was goodSpecial Features:
- The whole experience was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2011The whole experience was excellent. This was our first visit to this particular Baton Rouge and it proved to be up to the standards of all the rest. The Mardi Gras special made it even better!!Special Features: