LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
255 S. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lgsprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 760-416-1779x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Moe Tello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are 3 rooms available for private dining depending on your needs with seating capacities from 30- 130 people. Set menu available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Phelps 7604161779
- Special Events: Banquest facilities available for private parties
A word from LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
Why do we call ourselves LG's Prime Steakhouse? Quite simply because PRIME is the best by any standard. PRIME steaks have the necessary marbling, that imparts a unique combination of taste and texture which defines the ultimate steak-eating experience. Owner Gail Greenberg presides over every detail to ensure that quality and service will exceed expectations. Serving only USDA Prime beef, dry aged on the premises. Highlights from the menu include the "Jewel in the Crown" our 24 oz dry aged porterhouse, the enormous 32 oz bone-in ribeye. 4 and 8 bone Colorado rack of lamb and fresh seafood. Winner of Zagats "Best steak in town" award and a permanent fixture on Tom Horan's top ten list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (32)great for outdoor dining (24)notable wine list (24)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (12)scenic view (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A great steakhouse!berrymanDined on 2/7/2014I have eaten at LGs 7-8 times or more in the past 10 years, so I think my opinion is credible. Last night I took my parents (my mother 77 and father 87 and my wife and I 58) we had an excellent experience as I have had many times past. The only dent was the service My father asked for his bone-in fillet medium-well,it was perfect! My medium-rare bone-in New York came medium-well, oops, but that was the exception My wife and mother ordered the bone-in Rib-eye medium, to split, which was awesome! A lot of the best steak you may ever eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steakhouse in Palm SpringstwodogsafdDined on 2/5/2014We have been going to LG's Steakhouse for 20 years now and have never had a bad experience. The steaks are amazing, the service is excellent, and the ambience is perfect. Whether you go with your loved one or with a group, you're in for a fun experience and outstanding food selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little steak placeBuddVIPDined on 1/25/2014This place can be reviewed pretty briefly. Good steaks, average sides, nice ambience, good waiters who are a bit too talky. Good, but I didn't think it was extraordinary. Have been to lots of similar restaurants. I will return, but I can't rave about it.
- Tough meat and a short pourFABFOUR5150Dined on 1/18/2014The Prime Rib was tough for the price I paid, and the amount of wine poured out by my Server-Javier into my wife's glass was less than what I saw poured into other peoples glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovin' LG'sNancyDined on 1/3/2014Dinner at LG's is a "must" every time I visit Palm Springs. I love the atmosphere....but mostly the beautiful steaks!!! Outstanding service and food is just superb. I watched a Caesar Salad being prepared at the next table, the decided I'd have to order that the next visit. Loved It - Again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food never goes out of styleFrankDined on 1/3/2014The restaurant desperately needs a face lift but the staff was as professional as they come and the food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine out New Years 2013ATDINEDined on 12/31/2013Great Food , Excellent Service ! Would recommend to everyone .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad, Bad, Bad.....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013We had a reservation for my Birthday which is New Years Eve. Will keep it short and simple: Awful waiter, undercooked meal, no organization WHATSOEVER and Restaurants Managers running around apologizing to their guests for the long wait on their meals. LG cannot offer their full menu for New Years Eve. The kitchen is not capable for the guest capacity. They should have had three - five entree choices and leave it with that.. Got there at 8:30 PM and left mad at 9:00 PM ! Best part ? Before we left I had to use the ladies room. While I was gone, our waiter had the nerve to bring a slice of Birthday cake..While I was not even sitting at the table...Never again....
- Loved the Mussels in the chipotlejacobsrdjrVIPDined on 12/31/2013Loved the Mussels in the chipotle pesto sauce! Oh, and the filet was wonderful, too!Special Features:
- Outstanding as usualGaryDined on 12/31/2013We've dined at LG's about half a dozen times and it is always first class. It's a high-end steak house, so the prices are expectedly high, but the quality of food and service cannot be beat. Our most recent visit was New Year's Eve and although the restaurant was packed to capacity, we were immediately seated for our reservation. Everyone's steaks were cooked to perfection as ordered. The tableside-prepared Caesar salad was amazing. The service was attentive, but not overbearing. We never had to ask for anything. A truly fine example of how a restaurant should be run!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over rated and over priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Over rated and over priced. Steak was well cooked but that's about it. Canned crab. frozen veggies.
- Delightful New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Excellent service, great food. Low noise level (hard to find these days). Attentive staff takes care of details.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Our group went to LG's for New Year's Eve at 6:45 pm. We had theater tickets for 9 pm. Our wait person was surly and seemed annoyed when I told her that my appetizer order was wrong. Then it took more than an hour for our food to come. One member of our party spoke to the manager & suddenly our food arrived. I was disappointed in the salmon that I had. This is the first time we have had a bad experience at LG's in Palm Springs.
- Wonderful for New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2013We dined here prior to attending the final New Year's Eve performance of the Fabulous Palm Springs Follies. It was a festive occasion. The food was great and our waiter was wonderful. The proximity to the theater was another consideration. We like it the best of all the L. G. Steakhouse restaurants.Special Features:
- GreatThebestDined on 12/31/2013Lg's is one of the few places that we were completly happy with the entire experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnivore's DelightEateatmychildDined on 12/28/2013I like to support local restaurants, but not at the expense of taste or comfort. This place had all three. As they say, it is locally owned and world known. The service was impeccable, attentive without hovering, and totally lacking in the overdone seriousness that fine dining sometimes brings. The atmosphere was Old Palm Springs, with a noise level which induced conversation. (From where I sat, in one of their spacious booths, there was not a cell phone in sight!). My companion and I shared a wedge salad, and it was split for us in the kitchen. (My request for dressing on the side was remembered.) The rib eyes we ordered was cooked to perfection, the must-have creamed spinach was yummy, and creme brule was to die for. Great dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our restaurant we1dinnerinDined on 12/28/2013This is our restaurant we go for all of our special days. We travel 110 miles just for dinner. We love the food and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely awfulDonotcookVIPDined on 12/25/2013Where to start. Restaurant looks like an old Peppermill from the '80s with no renovations. The menu is a bit bizarre, sides tasted like they came out of the frozen section of Trader Joes-not as good though. We were sat in a back room and nobody told a waiter we were there. Waited an hour to be told the wine we ordered was sold out. I've had better fish on an airplane-I ordered the "Cajun halibut" at the waiter's recommendation consisting of a tiny flat piece of dried out fish with some store-bought Cajun seasoning dumped on it. Steaks overcooked and tasteless. Ridiculously pricey. You get the picture. With Morgan's, Mastro's, I have no idea why this place is still in the picture. Just awful.
- Mahalo LG for a wonderful ChristmasKeoniDined on 12/24/2013The service was very casual and easy comfortable. The food exceptional! It was our first time and we decided we would make our fav place for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so primePalmerDined on 12/24/2013Went for Christmas Eve prime rib dinner. The prime rib wasn't all that good, too fatty, undercooked - had to send it back and it still came back rare instead of medium. Service was spotty and just not the special dinner we had been looking forward to. Not as good as it's reported to be, rather adequate is the best I can say.
- Special Occasion2dineDined on 12/24/2013We had been to the LG's in La Quinta one time and disliked the lack of ambience and the high noise level. We decide to give the PS location a try and we really enjoyed it. The only complaint was the mac and cheese was very average. We've had much better at other restaurants. The wedge salad was excellent and the prime wood was delicious. The wine list is very extensive and we were happy to see it included several reasonably priced wines. We would recommend LG's but only for a special occasion due to the high priced menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palm Springs LG is great, but..MaestroDined on 12/21/2013Great food and stellar service from the waiters. The servers, however, are a bit rough around the edges, and my entree arrived on a tiny side dish plate with half of it hanging off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodreverse71Dined on 12/17/2013Food was excellent and service great. Very attentive staff. I'd recommend this place for anyone wanting a great steak and special occasions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous charred New York stripLindyDined on 12/12/2013Cooked to perfection! Everything else was good, too, but the steak was aged and cooked exactly to my request. The service was outstanding. Somewhat pricey so perhaps save it for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Palm Springs SteakhousesteviebDined on 12/7/2013Everything from the staff to the food to the scene was steller in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- that's very good steak house!!kaz0024Dined on 11/30/2013we have been there three time. that's same service, same good food and nice atmosphere. we would like to visit again when we went to Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best choice I made all eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013I had reserved a table for my husbands surprise dinner weekend, and this was the cherry on top. Chip was our server and he was phenomenal! Fun and energetic as well as knowledgeable and observant. I had mentioned upon making my reservation it was a birthday dinner, not expecting anything by the end of dinner, chip brought out a beautiful chocolate cake with a lit candle, embellished with a piece of chocolate ribboned around the cake reading "happy birthday" . Needless to say, we had an amazing meal, great wine, and a wonderful evening experience. I had considered the chop house, and never been to either, and I am glad we chose lg ! Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LGs never disapponts!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2013There are lots of steakhouse choices, but LGs my favorite. A Palm Springs gem.Special Features:
- Just OKscworxDined on 11/23/2013Living on previous reputation. Had a surf and turf. They overcooked my steak. I sent it back for a medium rare steak. They over cooked the lobster as well. Waiter was bad. They overcharged my wife for two glasses of wine. She only had one. You expect a much better experience when you are paying $60 for a steak. Would never go back.Special Features:
- LG's is awesomeLGisgreatDined on 11/7/2013We are from Upstate NY and had eaten at LG's in San Diego some years ago. We made a special trip to Palm Springs just to eat at LG's again! My meal of a filet and 2 small lobster tails was outstanding. My husband ordered the bone in rib steak and did not consider it up to LG's standards, his lobster was delicious. Next time back to the west coast, we will definitely go back to LG's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate dinner there and hadJJCGWCDined on 11/2/2013We ate dinner there and had an amazing experience. The steaks were out of this world and the service was exceptional. WIll definitely go back again next time we are in Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in Palm Springs.foodieVIPDined on 10/24/2013Best steak in Palm Springs. Comfortable seating, not to close to the next table. Service was timely. Wine menu was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were in Palm Springs forLoveitVIPDined on 10/23/2013We were in Palm Springs for a three day vacation to relax. Found this Stake House in Open Table and made reservations. We were worried to see it only 1/4 full or less when we arrived but our worries quickly disappeared with the reception, menu and recommendations from the waiter. The steak was properly cooked, tender and tasty. Overall we had an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEagle777Dined on 10/19/2013First time going to LG's and I must say I was disappointed, Two out of the eight thought the food was good but not for the price, I had the lamb and didn't think it was very tasty, our waiter and the staff were wonderful but the food was not very good, sorry to say because the staff was wonderful, I have had the best tasting lamb and steaks etc, at the steakhouses at the spa and agua casinos! At very simular price. I don't usually write reviews but for families who splurge for a special occasion ( not my case) I would hate for them to pay $$$$ and not like the food. Sorry LG'S Just our opinion .Special Features:
- Not so GoodCowboyVIPDined on 10/19/2013First time here and the last time. There was absolutely nothing that we had that stood out in our mouths or minds...Prime Rib was tough, the vegetables undercooked. For 200.00 bucks for two people this restaurant was not worth the time of day, not sure how this place stays in business. Service was good, I feel sorry for the servers. I sure hope their other cuts of meat are better tasting.
- Excellent SteaksKathybDined on 10/17/2013Had a wonderful dinner at LG Steakhouse. The steaks were superb. I had the rib eye and my BF had the T-Bone. Each were cooked perfectly and with the charred outside that we both like in a steak. We shared three sides, brussel sprouts, marscapone mashed potatoes and the mac and cheese. The mashed potatoes were excellent. The brussel sprouts were good. However, the mac and cheese was very watery and tasteless. The sauce needed some help. They used big pasta noodles which was a plus. We were too full for dessert. The service was excellent and would eat here again.Special Features:
- Prime all the way !!!!salsamanDined on 10/11/2013LG is the "PRIME" restaurant in Palm Springs. Service is outstanding along with a menu full menu selection, a reservation is a must and very easy to do through Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak was good but don'tJJJJDined on 10/10/2013The steak was good but don't get the lobster. This is the only bad lobster I have ever had and it was awful.
- Birthday NightmrjohnDined on 10/10/2013Took friends out and they were amazed at the service which was outstanding and the food was excellent! Two of our guest had steak & crab. there first time for crab it was split and ready to go. We all had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RepeatLove2eatDined on 10/6/2013We have dined here everytime we come to Palm Springs.. The steak selection are excellent as well as the side dishes. The wine list covers the world for selections. The made at the table Ceasar Salad is made from scratch the good old way. We will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.