LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
255 S. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lgsprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 760-416-1779x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Moe Tello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are 3 rooms available for private dining depending on your needs with seating capacities from 30- 130 people. Set menu available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Phelps 7604161779
- Special Events: Banquest facilities available for private parties
A word from LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
Why do we call ourselves LG's Prime Steakhouse? Quite simply because PRIME is the best by any standard. PRIME steaks have the necessary marbling, that imparts a unique combination of taste and texture which defines the ultimate steak-eating experience. Owner Gail Greenberg presides over every detail to ensure that quality and service will exceed expectations. Serving only USDA Prime beef, dry aged on the premises. Highlights from the menu include the "Jewel in the Crown" our 24 oz dry aged porterhouse, the enormous 32 oz bone-in ribeye. 4 and 8 bone Colorado rack of lamb and fresh seafood. Winner of Zagats "Best steak in town" award and a permanent fixture on Tom Horan's top ten list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)romantic (33)notable wine list (26)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (15)scenic view (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- We enjoyed a great night atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2010We enjoyed a great night at LG's. The steaks were top quality, and cooked perfectly to order. Definately worth a splurge. Patrick was very helpful when I called with questions and to ask for directions. Our server was friendly and professional. We will definately return.Special Features:
- Marvelous marvelous marvelous.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/8/2010Marvelous marvelous marvelous. An incredible experience in every way and the most outstanding and attentive service, which makes all the difference in a dining experience.Special Features:
- The LG's in Palm Springs isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2010The LG's in Palm Springs is perfect!!! Great food, great service and great ambiance... Thanks LG's for making our visit the best.Special Features:
- always one of our stops inOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2010always one of our stops in the desert, gotta have the caesars!!!Special Features:
- Just awesome. It is so hardOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2010Just awesome. It is so hard to find good food and service. The waiters were on it with everything. Your drinks never got past being half full and the food was cooked just right. Never had service or a meal that great. Outside dining was great and cozy with a noise level that was quiet enough to have a conversation with you significant other. Romantic feeling. You defintly get what you pay for. We will be going back.Special Features:
- Always a great meal. GrabOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/21/2010Always a great meal. Grab a table outside and enjoy
- This used to be one of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/20/2010This used to be one of our favorite steak places in the Desert, but it is getting long in the tooth. I do not think the quality of the steaks is as good as Sullivans in Palm Desert. The menu needs to be updated. And they should offer some additional steaks other then the traditional Corn fed beef.Special Features:
- Troy was our waiter and heOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2010Troy was our waiter and he was excellent. We loved the caesar salad for two and how he prepared it in front of us. That was a nice touch. I ordered a small filet and it was good. My husband ordered the ribeye and unfortunately it was very greasy and had a lot of fat on it. We also did not like all of the individual plates for each item such as mash potatoes in one bowl, asparagus on another plate and then our steaks on a very small plate. We would go back for the wine and salad.Special Features:
- We had driven by LG's manyRickDined on 3/20/2010We had driven by LG's many times driving into Palm Springs. I decided to do a birthday dinner there. Usually restaurants that have been in business a long time tend to fall short on service and quality. To my surprise this was not the case. Food was excellent. From appetizer to main course everything left a wonderful taste in your mouth and wanting more. Excellent service by waiter and couldn't have asked for anything more. Will definitely be returning on a more frequent basis.Special Features:
- Was a great place in the past...chaSteveDined on 3/13/2010Was a great place in the past...changed for worse since owner died. will not go again.
- It was disappointing. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2010It was disappointing. The caesar salad was fantastic, baked potatoes were excellent, the margaritas were wonderful. However - your signature product - steak - was disappointing. Last year we thought everything was outstanding. We could cut our steaks with a fork and they melted in your mouth. Not this year. Our waitress, Rachel, was very outgoing and very slow. We would sometimes wait many minutes between items as she was being outgoing with her other customers. She could be outgoing as well as quick! We even had to wait and ask for our bill. This is our once a year dining experience for our anniversary. We spent nearly $200.00 and it was not worth it. We dined several months ago at Outback and had much better service and steaks.Special Features:
- Best dining experience ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2010Best dining experience of my life. The food, the ambiance, the service, all of it was above and beyond. I drove down to Palm Springs from Santa Barbara JUST for the purpose of dining at LG's on my birthday because I remembered their outstanding food and service, and they did not disappoint!!!Special Features:
- My New York and the tableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2010My New York and the table side caesar were fantastic. I have never been to LG's before but I'm glad I tried it.Special Features:
- Food was GREAT!!! We sat outside...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2010Food was GREAT!!! We sat outside.........great view of the full moon! It was a warm night; however, heaters were on....too warm! Get an overall feel of a comfortable temperature!! Bartender(Patrick)it appears, has been there WAY too long...lose him OR retrain him on CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!Special Features:
- My husband and I spent theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/27/2010My husband and I spent the weekend in Palm Springs - the highlight was our dinner reservation at LG's Steakhouse. We've been twice before, a few years ago to the La Quinta Location. The Palm Springs location was located in downtown and the ambiance was great! The service was "OK" - nothing special. The food was disappointing, however. My husband's $50 New York steak was tough and very fatty - nothing like what we had remembered from the past. I had the petite filet and it was pretty good, but I've also had better. Disappointing experience over all since we spent about $200 total!!
- First, it would have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2010First, it would have been nice to be told about the street fair that was going on, on Thursdays. This dinner was for our mom who is 84 and on a walker. There was no mention of the fair, and the parking problems it creates. We had even called 1 hour before our reservation to see if they could take us early, and they still didn't mention it.The service was fine. We were surprised to see the VERY casual dress, but that was ok. Four of us split 2 cesar salads. They salad was good but the presentation of the salad was awful.The steaks/meat dishes were very good.Overall, I would give it a 7 out of 10 ratingSpecial Features:
- I Reserved on line then calledOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2010I Reserved on line then called to request an outside table. First time the person put me on hold then hung up after about 5-minutes of waiting. Second person I got indicated an outside table was available. When we arrive, no outside table and up to a 45-minute wait. We settled for a table inside for eight (8). Table appeared to be two different tables pushed together making it uncomfortable to set at. We sat there for up to 10-minutes before asking I think the manager for someone to take our drink order and get us some menus. A good 5-minutes more went by before our drink order was taken. We asked to be moved to another table, which was better, but the service continued to be unflattering to LG’s.
- Been to LG's several times.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2010Been to LG's several times. Always a great experience.
- I love love love LG's. StandardOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2010I love love love LG's. Standard steakhouse menu, but the food is far from standard. I've been to tons of nice steakhouses and LG's is by far my favorite!!Special Features:
- This is an excellent establishment.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2010This is an excellent establishment. We had reservations for 7:30 pm and we were immediately seated. We asked for and were given a booth. The service was attentive. We ordered lemon drop martinis and they were very good albeit expensive-$14 each. Then we ordered a Caesar salad and they make it at the table and it was very good albeit expensive-$19 for two. For dinner we ordered two rib eyes-medium well and medium. They were cooked perfectly and we added mushrooms on the top. The side of Parmesan potatoes was also very good. Overall the food was very good, but expensive. This place is for special occasions like Valentine's Day, birthdays, anniversaries, and New Year's eve. It is s superior steakhouse to the Falls and the Chop House.Special Features:
- Steaks were exellent but sidesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2010Steaks were exellent but sides were awful. Other steak houses we've been to had great steaks AND great side dishes. Service was mediocre. Ruth's Chris, Chop House are much better!
- Went for Valentine's Day andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Went for Valentine's Day and was pleasantly surprised by the great food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Everything we ordered to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010Everything we ordered to eat was fabulous. The servers were great. Although the servers did warn that the plates were very hot and I was aware of it, I did touch mine briefly while reaching for the salt. I instantaneously got a small burn on my forearm. I am fine and the burn will heal, but I wonder if the plates need to be so hot. the incident would not keep me from returning to the restaurant, but how about pulling back on the heat a bit.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience - theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2010Wonderful experience - the food was superb, service very attentive - cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- Very expensive, must buy everythingJingleweedVIPDined on 1/30/2010Very expensive, must buy everything (salad, vegetable, entree, etc) nothing-is-included type of place. Used to have a "fixed price" submenu, but that's gone now. Apparently the "bad" economy must be over.Special Features:
- The food and service was awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2010The food and service was awesome. I would definatly go back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009Excellent food and service really made our dining experienc extraordinary celebrating our anniversary and the New Year.Special Features:
- My husband & I dined laterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/24/2009My husband & I dined later on Christmas Eve. Loved the tableside cesar salad. My felite was wonderful, but my husband's ribye was a bit dissatisfying. We never received a check back on our meals by our server until our dinners were complete...
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2009Excellent food and service. A bit on the pricey side but it was money well spent.Special Features:
- Do not waste your money here.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2009Do not waste your money here. The table side caesar salad was terrible we almost could not eat it. The waitress never told us about the specials as we heard when we were paying our bill from the next table she was to busy talking about her husban out of work and she had to work 2 jobs to feed her 4 kids (just what you want to here on christmas eve). It was my wifes birthday and I told them and not so much as a happy birthday from staff. My wifes steak had to be sent back as it was'nt as she ordered it. We ordered 2 filet and table side caesar with 2 drinks was $128.95 with no side dishes and not including tip.
- We had a wonderful time, itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/12/2009We had a wonderful time, it was my Mom's birthday and they brought her a dessert. The food is outstanding.Special Features:
- I had a wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/27/2009I had a wonderful dining experience. My waiter was excellent and the food was fabulous! The wine that the waiter recommended was wonderful. I would definately recommend LG's to anyone.Special Features:
- Food and service were bothWeHoBlkFenixDined on 11/26/2009Food and service were both top notch. Host was very attentive and courteous.Special Features:
- We have been going to theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/25/2009We have been going to the area LG Steakhouses for years. While this visit was good, it was not outstanding as it was in years past. We have higher expectations for this restaurant. This is due mainly from in the past the bar was raised by the restuarants themselves and because it is on the high end (price wise). I hope that the recent passing of Mr. Leon Greenberg is not the contributing factor to this slightly disappointing visit.Special Features:
- While the food was high end,Andy123VIPDined on 11/22/2009While the food was high end, the meat was brought to the table underdone. Service was good, attentive. Nice outdoor dinning experience otherwise. A birthday celebration that was a nice night. Not a cheap night by any means and we shared an entree between two of us and brought our own bottle of wine, $200.00 still for 3 with a free dessert too.Special Features:
- We've been to LGs in PS manyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2009We've been to LGs in PS many times. We normally experience outstanding service along with the food but this time both the food and the service were just above "good".Special Features:
- This is a regular spot forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2009This is a regular spot for us on trips to Palm Springs. Always go for a great steak, amazing escargot and terrific service. The outdoor patio is incredible and a perfect end to a great vacation.Special Features: