LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta
78525 Highway 111, Ste 100
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lgsprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7607719911x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Moe Tello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: There are 3 rooms available for private dining depending on your needs with seating capacities from 30- 130 people. Set menu available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Lanham 7607719911
- Special Events: One of a kind underground Wine Cellar seats up to 28 and is available for small parties. Other rooms available for banquets, weddings, graduations and engagement parties.
A word from LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta
Why do we call ourselves LG's Prime Steakhouse? Quite simply because PRIME is the very best by any standard. Prime steaks have the necessary marbling that imparts a unique combination of taste and texture which defines the ultimate steak eating experience. Owner Gail Greenberg presides over every detail to ensure that quality and service will exceed expectations. Serving only USDA prime beef, dry aged on the premises. Highlights from the menu include the "Jewel in the Crown" our 24 oz dry aged porterhouse, the enormous 32oz bone in ribeye, 4 and 8 bone colorado rack of lamb and fresh seafood. Winner of Zagats "best steak in town" award and a permanent fixture on Tom Horan's top ten list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (22)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)Show More
- only problem was service wasgreyjayDined on 2/23/2014only problem was service was a little slow-fish and steaks were excellent and their Caesar salad measured up to its excellent rep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of food disappointingLadymikaelianDined on 2/20/2014The service was wonderful and the portions were great, however the quality of the side dishes was pretty average. I was expecting something a bit more notable with the salads and sides. My ribeye was cooked fine even at a med well temp, however my husband ordered a filet/oscar and it was very dry. He had to ask for more hollandaise sauce to be able to eat it. For the price I was a bit disappointed. The deserts were packed nicely for us to take with us and tasted great later. It was about Outback quality food at double the price and I was shocked at how loud the main dining room became later in the evening and was glad for an early reservation to get done and out of the noise.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014This is a great steakhouse with excellent food and service to match!Special Features:
- Valentines dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014A rare night out without our little one couldn't have gone better. First time at LG's. Our server was outstanding and the food was excellent. Unlike other restaurants on valentines day, there was no crowd. We were seated as soon as we walked in the door. The entire staff was friendly and very attentive to us. We were thrilled with our dining experience and we will definitely keep LG's on the top of our list of favorite restaurants. The valentines menu and decorations on the table were a nice touch, however those little pieces could easily stick to the utensils and unexpectedly end up in someone's throat. Be mindful of that in the future. Overall, we look forward to returning to LG's for our next special occasion. Thank you to you all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakSteakLoverDined on 2/14/2014I loved the food and service. I go there for Valentines every year. It's a great treat during that time of year. The service is excellent. The atmosphere is very comfortable. The restaurant is huge. I'd recommend this place to any steak and service lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great dining experienceFyshonDined on 2/13/2014This restaurant lived up to all our expectations AND the fine reviews and comments we read. We will definitely return. The prices were very reasonable for the experience provided in return. The staff was professional and friendly, the food excellent and the ambiance just right. Try the breaded green beans on the Munchies menu - great! A Valentine-eve dinner we will remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dropped the ball this timeLQresidentDined on 2/13/2014As a local, full-time resident, I have been to LG's in La Quinta several times and each time their food was delicious. Unfortunately, this time around they dropped the ball with my order of filet mignon. It was tough--really tough and I could barely cut into it using a moderate amount of effort. I returned it and the second attempt was a little better, but still tough. I did not finish it and wrote it off to a new cook being trained in the kitchen. My dining partners ordered a filet mignon and a halibut steak. Both were superb. Our deserts were comped, but I would have preferred an edible piece of meat. Will I go back? Yes, but I will order seafood for a while. The filet mignon literally left a bad taste in my mouth about LG's steaks.Special Features:
- Super Dinner - Even better waiter..SusanVIPDined on 2/12/2014Amazing food, but the best part of our time there was spent with our server. I think his name was Joe. A server can make or break your experience. He definitely made ours fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good butCoolpaulDined on 2/11/2014The food was very good but not excellent. My steak was cooked a little too much for a medium rare steak but the flavor was good. The service was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A la carteCanuckDined on 2/9/2014A la carte everything! Expensive and over rated! ,our vegetables were undercooked,and coffee was cold,we had to wait ten minutes for fresh coffee,Special Features:
- Steaks were cooked just asJamesDined on 2/7/2014Steaks were cooked just as ordered. Side orders are large, we ordered 4 sides which was more than enough to split among 4 adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our observations: 1) the serverPoshanVIPDined on 2/4/2014Our observations: 1) the server was very inattentive, 2) the main entrees arrived before the first courses had been finished or the dishes picked up, 3) no effort to clean the table after the entrees were finished and the dessert options presented. LG's needs to take a lesson from the finer steakhouses in the Desert, like Fleming's and Morton's. Their best bet to learn how to be a five-star steakhouse would be to dine at Donovan's in San Diego. We'll not return. Better options abound in the Desert cities. You may share this with LG's.
- Marginal againTTWLVIPDined on 2/3/2014On our last visit to LGs we had just an ok meal for quite a high price. A year later, we decided to go back with friends who came to PS with us for a weeklong vacation because all restaurants can have an off night. Regrettably, LG came up short again. All the side dishes were average and we had to send our steak back twice and still it was not right. LGs rightfully earned its reputation as a great restaurant but that was then, now it is just an overpriced disappointment. We miss the old LGs.
- Disappointed with Dining RoomBarCustomerDined on 2/1/2014We eat at LG's at least 2 or 3 times a month and eat at the Bar. We ate in the dining room twice in the past 2 weeks with 6+ guest that we invited to dinner. We were seated in the back room very weird ambiance so we asked to be moved to the main dining room. We waited about 30 mintues to be seated again. We had a really weird experience with the waiters being switched on us in the middle of ordering our dinners and the steaks were not very good! We came back again last Saturday with 6 of us and we requested the main dining room and had a nice table for 6 service was okay the steaks were okay but we had to send back 2 of them because they were over cooked. Requested "RARE" steaks were not even pink the RIBEYES were really fatty. DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobo's It AintboneinmanDined on 1/30/2014The bone-in filet was just okay. Don't know why it has become de riguere that every steakhouse has to have the bone-in on offer. Do what you do best, which in this case is the standard filet, and you won't disappoint those of us who have been spoiled by the bone-in at Bobo's, especially at these prices. Servers were friendly, which is fine, but not particularly proficient. "A glass of wine with my dinner" means at or just before the time the entree is served, should not necessitate having to track down a busboy afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Quinta GemEatingoutVIPDined on 1/29/2014We where looking for a nice steak house while we where in La Quinta. Well it was our last night in the area and I'm so glad we picked this restaurant! The french onion soup was very flavorful and not real salty. The brussel sprouts where great, and of course our steaks melted in your mouth! I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEING FROM CANADA IM A LITTLEROBERTDined on 1/28/2014BEING FROM CANADA IM A LITTLE SPOILED WHEN IT COMES TO GOOD BEEF. BUT, HONESTLY, I HAD ONE OF THE BEST PREPARED AND BEST TASTING STEAKS I HAVE EVER HAD. THE SUPPER WAS A SIX IN MY OPINION. THE SERVICE, I BELIEVE OUR SERVERS NAME WAS CHRISTA, WAS ALSO EXCELLENT. THANK- YOU, AND WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR.Special Features:
- MediocreInfrommidwestVIPDined on 1/25/2014Highly disappointed We had to wait longtime just to get them to take our drink order No one asked how the meals were Two off us liked theirs two others would have sent them back if ever given a chance. I've had better steaks at a chain restaurant One of sides was missing after telling two servers It came more than halfway into the meal
- FantabulousawesomeDined on 1/21/2014The food and ambience met and exceeded our expectations. We were great full for not having gone to one of the chain steakhouses. Great place to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversarySpecial Features:
- It was just ok. My NY stripOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/17/2014It was just ok. My NY strip had lots of gristle. My wife's order was taken incorrectly by the waiter so we had a delay in eating. Doubt we'll be back. There are better steakhouses around.
- Joe is the best!lovemesomeLGSDined on 1/17/2014By far the best Steakhouse. I have been lucky enough to have dinner at some of the best steakhouses in America,. LG's is hands down the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good place to entertainrcsteelDined on 1/17/2014Very good place to entertain clients. Always consistent in quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseGreatEaterVIPDined on 1/16/2014LG's has consistently been a Great Steakhouse. The Food is always superb. Service in the past has been wonderful, however this time it was really bad or non existent on the part of our waiter. All other wait staff was great. Will always go back because this waiter has to be an anomaly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love a good steak & moreTotoroLuvDined on 1/12/2014Great Cesar Salad, made from scratch...Steak choices ( Porterhouse & Filet Mignon) cooked to order. Be prepared to share your sides, as portions are generous. Nice that there is no extra charge for sharing! Wine list is extensive. Tiramisu was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Enjoyable ExperienceGogetemDined on 1/3/2014This was the 2nd time that I have dined at LG in La Quinta. The service food and experience was so good that I returned. I had the ribeye steak and it was cooked to perfection. The drinks were great and the service outstanding. I plan to return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the steaks only.CapeCodgirlDined on 1/3/2014Not as good food wise as in the past. Service very good but "non-steak" food was mediocre.
- Perfect!RollyDined on 1/2/2014Can't say enough about our dining experience at LG's. Every time we visit this area we make a point to eat here. The food is great and you can't beat the Caesar salad being made fresh at your table. Place is Assume!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodTerrilmVIPDined on 1/2/2014We drop in sometimes and eat at the bar...This night we had a booth. Great martini, caesar salad and baked potato with veggies...(husband had a steak). I had never looked in the back..Very large restaurant. Room for parties. Good service with an old school feel IE the caesar salad prepared at the table. Always like it.Special Features:
- DOWNERlastsupperDined on 12/31/2013service was great, especially for being so busy on new years eve. food was not worth the price. the desert was not bad but you really can't go wrong with chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. had the surf and turf, steak was nothing special and crab legs were fare. I would have figured they would have pulled out the guns for the occasion. but maybe they were too busy. the rosemary kabob was over cooked. restaurant was great when it first opened years ago. Don't think I will go back.Special Features:
- Amazing New Years EveViveritaVIPDined on 12/31/2013One of the busiest nights of the year and our table of 10 was well taken care of!!!! Cheers to the LG's staff !! Job well done!!!Special Features:
- Pretty good, but...StephenDined on 12/31/2013They were a little off their game early New Year's Eve. We've eaten at both LG's locations many times, and usually have no complaints. Everything was OK, but my wife's order wasn't right, (which they corrected right away), and they needed to be reminded to bring my drink. The food was good, and the service friendly, but for some reason wasn't as smooth as usual. One thing that did detract from our enjoyment of the evening was the waiter serving the table immediately adjacent to ours. He was very LOUD. So much so, in fact, that we found it jarring. I don't know if their was a reason for this, but we found it very intrusive and imposing. I'm sure we'll eat there again but, on this night, they just weren't at their best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLQresidentDined on 12/31/2013Great food and the serving staff really have their act together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013It could have been a very nice Anniversary dinner. Everything was great except for the kid at the next table watching TV on her ipad and all the flashing lights when every adult at the table (5) felt compelled to snap photos with their iphones. They behaved as if they had rented whole the place out for the night. Honestly, in addition to rude and loud, some people are plain oblivious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for four adultsSusannaDined on 12/30/2013We ordered steaks that were perfectly prepared. Side of macaroni was excellent, the asparagus was a little over done, but acceptable. This restaurant has a great atmosphere for a place where one can wear vacation casual and enjoy an upscale meal. Deserts of chocolate chip cake, cheesecake and creme brûlée were good. The only drawback for this meal was the waiter. He tried to push for additional food orders which was unseemly in this type of establishment. The service or lack thereof was more like dining at Denny's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected and shockLQDwellersDined on 12/30/2013Wasn't expecting a barking dog INSIDE of the fine dining establishment. Also wasn't expecting our "cash change" to be given to us in the form of a gift card. (We had a gift card from Christmas and used it. We added cash for the balance and the waiters tip. Our change from the cash was given to us in a gift card!!!!) Never heard of such a thing. We asked the waiter to reverse it and he did. The couple with pet dog should have been seated on heated patio. Was told the couple was long time customers. Guess what…..so are we for 9 years, but we leave our pet at home when fine dining. I have already email the restaurant and also mentioned to the manager on duty. Removed 2 stars for the 2 "never heard of" incidents. The meal was incredible.
- A good "STEAKHOUSE"DRPADDined on 12/28/2013The food, the ambience were all what you would want for a classic (though now supposedly dead according to the WSJ) steakhouse, though I suspect reports of its demise are a bit exaggerated. The steaks and sides especially the Caesar salad made at table side and were all perfectly done, and ample.Special Features:
- Great steakjbradbVIPDined on 12/28/2013Sevice top notch and steaks were delicious. My fish was overcooked and bland. Creamed spinich was great, but brussel sprouts were overcooked. Didn't bother to try desserts. For the price, this place should be much better in the details.Special Features:
- Made for great eveningAndyDined on 12/27/2013We have been Chop House customers for years but will now switch over. Our experience was outstanding. My request for a nice table in a quiet area was honored. We were in one of the smaller dining rooms and the ambience was outstanding. The meal was great - steaks cooked perfectly and eve tender. The sides were good and the Caesar salad amazing. Seevice Matched the quality of the food. Job well done. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday spiceChasDined on 12/26/2013After Christmas or actually anytime this is a great place to gatherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best in the areasteakloverDined on 12/25/2013Coming to the desert for years, LGs is a mandatory visit, never disappointing...the best of everything!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.