LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta
78525 Highway 111, Ste 100
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lgsprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7607719911x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Moe Tello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: There are 3 rooms available for private dining depending on your needs with seating capacities from 30- 130 people. Set menu available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Lanham 7607719911
- Special Events: One of a kind underground Wine Cellar seats up to 28 and is available for small parties. Other rooms available for banquets, weddings, graduations and engagement parties.
A word from LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta
Why do we call ourselves LG's Prime Steakhouse? Quite simply because PRIME is the very best by any standard. Prime steaks have the necessary marbling that imparts a unique combination of taste and texture which defines the ultimate steak eating experience. Owner Gail Greenberg presides over every detail to ensure that quality and service will exceed expectations. Serving only USDA prime beef, dry aged on the premises. Highlights from the menu include the "Jewel in the Crown" our 24 oz dry aged porterhouse, the enormous 32oz bone in ribeye, 4 and 8 bone colorado rack of lamb and fresh seafood. Winner of Zagats "best steak in town" award and a permanent fixture on Tom Horan's top ten list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (21)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best Steakhouse in Palm SpringshballanDined on 5/17/2014Consistent food quality, great service, seasonal specials, the steaks are top Quality.Special Features:
- DeeDeeDined on 5/16/2014This was our first dinner at LG's and it was excellent. Our waitress was wonderful and the food delicious. We will definitely dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a Great Place for SteakSpokane1Dined on 5/16/2014Imagine that you could combine your best steak dining experiences in one place. This is it! From the best Caesar salad, to the best half baked potato and side vegetables this place is it. Also don't overlook the available sauces if that is your preference. Someone did their homework here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get GoingteriDined on 5/9/2014Absolutely perfect. Everything about LG's is wonderful. My family and I have always loved LG's. A rare gem!!Special Features:
- Well, shoot.EricDined on 5/4/2014It's not the LG's of several years ago, that's for sure. I had a rib-eye steak for my birthday. I asked for a piece toward the end (which has the fattier cap) - got exactly the opposite. I asked for medium rare, got medium- to medium-well throughout. So much for that. I can still recommend the Caesar Salad for 2 - it's still a good production and authentic Caesar. Service was erratic, which was surprising since it was a Sunday night and the place was only half full. Waaaay too much time to order; between courses, etc. I really want to support local restaurants like LG's when I'm in the desert (as opposed to Mastro's, Morton's, Ruth's Chris which I can go to anywhere). But this is probably the last time at LG's.
- Great foodSaladDined on 5/3/2014Try the cesar salad.... They make it infrount of youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerKathyDined on 5/2/2014We chose LG's for our 27th anniversary dinner, and it turned out to be a wonderful choice! The food, ambiance, and service (our server was Freddy) were simply outstanding. We couldn't have been more pleased and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definate 10OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/2/2014The dinner was wonderful we had the Special - Smoked Prime Rib with Garlic Mashed. ( outstanding) and the Salmon ( Cooked to perfection) They easily accomadate change requests for veg's. Great setting on the cliff outside and the bar was Unique and added to the experience. A definate 10, and a place to repeat.Special Features:
- nite on the townbigspenderDined on 5/1/2014Everything was exceptional including the birthday greeting at the front desk as well as complimentary dessert for my sweetie!Special Features:
- Another outstanding dinner at LGsNYStripperDined on 4/30/2014This was our xxth visit to LGs for dinner, and we have never been disappointed. The steaks are sizzling and delicious, the sides are fresh and superb, and the desserts are simply scrumptious. The high standards set by LG himself make any special occasion even more special.Special Features:
- Yummy SteakFudLuvrVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have been long time visitors to LG's and a few months ago things just seemed off in the kitchen. We had not been for a month but our dinner on Saturday night was superb. I had a petite filet that was to die for, one of the best I have had at LG's. My wife opted for the more succulent Rib Eye and she said it was perfectly prepared and cooked. Service was excellent, always has been. We often bring our kids and they have been treated with the utmost respect every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm such a carnivore!dizzylizzyDined on 4/26/2014I was so happy with our server. We had a delicious Cesar salad made table side. We feasted on one of the best prime rib ever! I was surprised that the meals were ala carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POST-GOLF STEAK AND COCKTAILSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014My second or third visit to the various LG's locations throughout the Coachella Valley...never fails to impress. Tableside caesar salad for two was quite possibly the best salad I've ever had! The Gold Strike 49er is a beast of a steak, but it was cooked medium rare to perfection and the roasted garlic melted like butter into the steam when the server opened the flower for me. Sides were all great, but they can't help but play second fiddle to the steaks, which are the stars here! 5 stars across the board...a "must-do" when you're in the valley!Special Features:
- three some 4 2 steaksmanoflaquinta760Dined on 4/17/2014three of us out for a nice dinner before heading north again. The waiter was great - engaging but not intrusive. He was very informative and adjusted to our agenda. The food was all good and there was a good selection of wine at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Best steak in town....OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2014I live in Los Angeles and I place LG's at the top of my list for steaks. They provide a consistently great steak and the service is old school where they play attention to your needs and are one step ahead of you. I really enjoy going there. Much better than your steak chains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a desert favoriteLoveyummyfoodVIPDined on 4/12/2014The food and service are always great. One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canadian guests say it's bestPhilDined on 4/8/2014Our Canadian guests have eaten at multiple restaurants in the valley during their multiple month stays the past few years. They exclaimed our dinner at LG's was the best they had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outTjsnitegDined on 4/8/2014Food was excellent! Had a lot of fun with our waiter too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak well presented and preparedSpokane1Dined on 4/6/2014The Caeser salad is exceptional. Just a great place to enjoy a good steak with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tax RelaxLLarivDined on 4/5/2014The Filet M was outstanding as usual with great taste and done to perfection. Choices of appetizers, side dishes and salads were more than adequate and equally tasty. The server was attentive, courteous, and efficient. The restaurant décor is a little outdated but comfortable and has a good vibe. Reservation time was honored to the minute and seating was immediate. The buzz was just right allowing conversation between all guests at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed here.NYStripperDined on 4/3/2014I have been to LG's probably 20 times at various locations, and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent, the drinks are perfectly mixed, and the service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caesar Salad is outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014Caesar Salad is outstanding. The prime rib was cooked perfectly to my liking.....rare. Drinks were excellent and the service was outstanding as usual.Special Features:
- Top notchleenieDined on 4/1/2014Everything was excellent---Food, Service, Attitude. No complaints. Will be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow - what happenedCotodrivenDined on 3/29/2014LG's has always been one of our go to places, hoping that this was just an off night, service was slow to be polite, food was medium at best, steak, sides, salad, all of it. Not at all up to the LG's we are use too.Special Features:
- Great steak houseBillDined on 3/29/2014We were able to get a table for six with a last minute reservation. The staff was very efficient and friendly without being intrusive. One should go here for the beef. I'm sure other dishes are good but the filet I had was grilled perfectly and was delicious. We''d certainly go to LG's again if we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak in the entirerongolDined on 3/27/2014The best steak in the entire valley. Wonderful service.Special Features:
- Food okay but not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2014Food was good, but not $286 good. I think it was extremely over priced. If the food had really "wowed" me then I would understand pricing. But I could have made my own steak just as well or better. Lobster was fishy as well. We were disappointed. We also would have chosen a seat outside had it been an option when I made reservations.Special Features:
- ExcellenceMeryllVIPDined on 3/21/2014We love to celebrate special occasions at LGs in La Quinta. Wonderful atmosphere, food and service. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodhate2cookDined on 3/20/2014Good service, the waiter was around quite often for the first half of the meal. He made surprisingly honest suggestions that we mostly followed. Warned us about the lobster tails and talked well about the specials. Wife had his suggested Salmon and loved it. I stuck with my large filet with a side of bearnaise sauce and tried his recommended wine reduction which was a good complement to the steak but I liked the bearnaise better. They offered Lobster Bisque which is one of my favorites. In fact, I like it better than lobster tail. Unfortunately, I was not impressed. Tasted fine but in a restaurant like LG's, I expected better. Kind of like a tomato bisque with lobster pieces. The night was a good experience tho and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakGoodEatsDined on 3/19/2014The New York steak was excellent and cooked perfectly. Our friends split a big Bone In Rib Eye and it came out really too Rare so they had to send it back. Hence when it came back it was too done. The sides, Creamed Spinach and Potatoes Au Gratin, were not up to par with the great steak. We went on one half price wine night and had a great Burgundy for $50.Special Features:
- LG's Prime was amazingGtownerDined on 3/16/2014Always a great time at LG's Prime Steakhouse in La Quinta. The 3 hour special occasion dinner felt like 30 minutes...great food great laughs and great service (Kristin was a great waitresss) and her table-made ceasar salad still makes my mouth water! Thanks again! A+++Special Features:
- Their name says it - Prime Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/16/2014Great menu and an incredible wine list. Expensive, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent rib eye steaks!JeannieDined on 3/16/2014Excellent rib eye steaks! Caesar salad wonderful, and so nice to receive the recipe from our waiter. Waiter very attentive and seemed happy doing his best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceLeslieVIPDined on 3/16/2014We had not been to LG's since they closed palm desert. What a great experience. Our server, Kristen was fun and very knowledgeable. She gave us good service without overdoing it. We brought a great bottle of wine with us that she decanted and ordered another. The steak kabob was excellent. Their Caesar is the very best as is their bread. The New York and the bone in ribeye I was told were great. We were too stuffed for dessert but they looked great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been coming to PalmGreensborogalDined on 3/15/2014We have been coming to Palm Springs for a week 5 times over the last 20 years. We have always gone to the LG's in Palm Desert and had great food and experiences. The atmosphere was romantic and conducive to quiet conversation. We were disappointed in the LG's in La Quinta as the noise level almost required us to scream and the food was not as good as it once was. The lettuce in the ceasar salad was not fresh and the steaks were not as flavorful as they once were.Special Features:
- Good food and great serviceDenRacVIPDined on 3/14/2014It was a busy night during the Indian Wells tournament so the place was packed tight. Therefore it was a bit noisy but the food was good. The only thing I did not like was that the food came out too fast. We were done eating before finishing our bottle of wine. Next time I would delay ordering the main course. Thankyou to Hernando for the great service!Special Features:
- Only the Wine was GoodGourmetGhettoGoerVIPDined on 3/11/2014We returned to LG for the Indian Wells tennis tournament with great hopes having dined at the closed one in Rancho Mirage three years earlier. I remember the bone-in ribeye there as being one of the best ever. Unfortunately the La Quinta restaurant disappointed. The spinach salad appetizer tasted like it was from a package, and the low-fat dressing had no flavor. This was followed by a chewy, petite prime filet that had an odd taste. Should have sent it back. My wife sent back her flavorless and overcooked brussels sprouts and was disappointed with her Alaska King Crab legs, which were not sweet. The apple pie dessert was just average. The only thing we liked about the meal was the oversize pours of excellent wines-by-the glass.Special Features:
- Not for a quiet dinner out & priceyFirsttimersDined on 3/7/2014We were disappointed in general. Although we expected a higher priced menu, when we pay that kind of money we expect better ambience. The place was extremely noisy and service although decent, felt indifferent. A steak ordered medium Chicago was sent back because it came blue and cold in the center. The menu is totally a la carte. High priced steakhouses should realize that not everyone wants a huge piece of meat and nothing else with it. It would be nice if they could have some "lighter fare" selections that include a smaller portion (meat) with vegetables for more sensible eating.Special Features:
- Delicious Food Great Tennis ViewingJackDined on 3/7/2014We ate there during the BNP Paribas Indian Wells Tennis Tournament. Lots of tennis fans were there. You could watch some of the match on the TV in the bar from our table. It got a bit noisy during a great match. If one was not at tennis fan it could have been a distraction. We are fans--so not a major problem. It did, however make it hard to have a conversation. As always the meat was superb cooked to perfection and the vegetables and salads delicious with diverse and tasty sauces and seasonings!Special Features:
- There was confusion as toBubbaDined on 3/3/2014There was confusion as to which waiter was in charge of our table. One waiter said you make Yorkshire pudding in house. The other didn't know what we were talking about when we ordered it with our prime rib, One waiter took our credit card then another waiter came with the bill and asked for our credit card. We did not like sitting in the back room. It felt like we were in an overflow area. I bring my guests there because I like the steaks.